New Zealand AB/DLs Megathread

MangaFan said:
  1. Christchurch.
  2. Full on DL.
  3. Hard to find products, though Incocare has been increasing amount of abdl stuff available.
  4. Probably Incontrol or Rearz from Incocare.
  5. Got to act 3 on Baldur's gate.
Kia ora! What's your preferred product from Incontrol/Rearz?
I haven't played Baldur's Gate 3, how's it compare to other games of that genre such as Divinity Original Sin 2? What characters/builds are you playing in it?

Reactions: MangaFan
1. Hamilton
2. Only really a dl
3. If wanting anything other than Incontrol or rearz, the shipping can be quite expensive from oz
4. Favourite brand at the moment would be incontrol just because of inco care always have them in stock
5. Had a great game of golf the other day

• Love
Reactions: JustALittleFairy, flybaby and Chodis
Justanotherdlnz said:
prevail overnights - They have one big Velcro tab on each side. They remind me very much of kid pull ups if they were made for adults (with tabs). You just have to get past the unappealing medical yellow colour. Great absorbency and mega comfy. This design should really be catered toward abdl
YES! I have also discovered this nappy. Before putting it on I attach the tabs to the front, since the perfect place for me is just on the yellow bit, and then basically, I have a pullup in all but name. They don't have leak guards, but, probably due to the nice snug elasticated fit, I rarely have leaks and they hold what I need for a typical night. Product code NGX-012 - https://www.babyonline.co.nz/collec...adult-briefs-size-2-large-pack-of-18s-ngx-013 - The yellow does suck though.

(Babyonline is also supercare.co.nz, and they did have some old stock of plastic-backed no-name nappies that were $10 per bag of 10 and worked well for me with a booster. I bought their remaining stock (10 bags) last year and, alas, they don't appear to be going to restock :-(

Reactions: Chodis
Teddy02 said:
Do I count? I spend half my year on a small island near Auckland (the other half in the UK) but I am a Kiwi! I have been going back and forth for nearly 20 years now and love the summers, don’t like winter.
How have you found being AB/DL in New Zealand? The same as anywhere, I have been ABDL in varying degrees of both for most of my life (74 now) and been through the binge/purge cycles more times than I care to mention. Now proud DL 65% and AB 35%. I have also been incontinent since I was about 30, at first just a bit unreliable then full Uic as soon as I allowed myself to be comfortable being nappies 24/7.
You are right that finding nappies, especially ABDL ons here is difficult/expensive. Incocare are really good but the shipping costs are high for getting stuff to my island. Australia is the only other option. If you buy in bulk. I wear terry nappies that I make with some plastic pants. They are the most comfortable to wear especially in our lovely hot summer. When it is very hot or I need to be super discrete I wear Abena pull-ups which I get from Radius Care. They stock many serious inco brands but none of the ABDL ones.
I like my childish side and cherish my internal ‘little boy’. The toys got bigger though.
Something non AB related is that I am nursing my wife who fell and broke her hip. Crikey it’s hard work!! But being warm makes it easier especially out on the deck with a glass of Chardonnay.
Yes! You definitely count! Fair enough that you don't enjoy winter here, it's sometimes a bit miserable but I assume better than the UK?
I'm happy to hear that you've finally been able to proudly embrace your ABDL side, but I'm sorry you also had to experience the difficult binge/purge cycles that we all seem to go through. How have you found being ABDL now, compared to 40-50 years ago?

Ah, that sucks to hear about your wife's hip. I hope she's in the process of a speedy recovery, and nursing her continues to go well despite it being difficult work no doubt. Enjoy those Chardonnay and sunshine breaks!

Teddy02 said:
I have been going back and forth for nearly 20 years now and love the summers, don’t like winter.
You could make some beer money by filling your 32kg hold luggage limit with interesting nappies only available in the UK and flogging to us poor suckers!

• Haha
Reactions: Justanotherdlnz and Chodis
It brings me so much joy to see our little Kiwi family come together!
1. Hamilton!
2. I am a DL but I'm also an age regressor for therapy reasons and because I get to feel free
3. Being ABDL has been a little hard in NZ, especially when all of the cute things I want are in America so they either don't ship here or the shipping would cost me an arm and a leg
4. I will forever be obsessed with ABU, I will definitely order more from them when I can. My favorite dip from them would be Alphagatorz
5. I went for a railway ride in Awakeri and I would totally recommend it, you'll never have an experience just like it.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 50472, Chodis and Justanotherdlnz
m68040 said:
You could make some beer money by filling your 32kg hold luggage limit with interesting nappies only available in the UK and flogging to us poor suckers!
Good idea, except that I need them. I usually bring a pack of Tykables Cammies and a pack of Kiddo’s Let’s Build, they are my favourites. What would you like me to bring and I’ll see what I can do when I get back in November?
Chodis said:
Yes! You definitely count! Fair enough that you don't enjoy winter here, it's sometimes a bit miserable but I assume better than the UK?
I'm happy to hear that you've finally been able to proudly embrace your ABDL side, but I'm sorry you also had to experience the difficult binge/purge cycles that we all seem to go through. How have you found being ABDL now, compared to 40-50 years ago?

Ah, that sucks to hear about your wife's hip. I hope she's in the process of a speedy recovery, and nursing her continues to go well despite it being difficult work no doubt. Enjoy those Chardonnay and sunshine breaks!
Yes, winter here is much better than dark wet nights and days. As I say to our friends, I love the snow … in pictures.
Now it is so much better/easier to be ABDL. My first knowledge of anybody wearing a nappy beyond the age of 3 was a magazine in a sex shop in London’s Soho back in the 1960s. I was stunned but information was still hard to come by. No, this was my weird proclivity and mine alone. We then had a sex magazine called Forum that ran a ‘letters to the editor’ page and after a while there were quite a few ABDL letters. I still have them, I might put some of them here they were very revealing and certainly made the loneliness more bearable. Disposables were just coming in for babies and I do remember being transfixed by a friend of my mothers changing her baby’s nappy with a ‘Paddi pad/Paddi Pants, I was 10, it was 1959. That is why I started to make my own nappies.
When I went to boarding school my mother threw away all my toys and my faithful teddy bear. I was mortified and just after I married my wife she bought me a teddy bear. I travel everywhere with him, he loves NZ and always comes with me ( and usually brings a couple of his friends), people smile benignly at me at the airport security when they see the Abdl nappies and my bear in my hand luggage. I stopped feeling embarrassed a long time ago.
Thank you for your kind words vis my wife, I think she will be ok, these things just take a bit longer these days.

• Love
Reactions: Chodis and Justanotherdlnz
Teddy02 said:
...magazine called Forum that ran a ‘letters to the editor’ page...
The first time I knew that I was not unique was from this publication. It would have been in about 1984, and it was clearly the issue after they had done an article of ABDL (or "infantilism" as it was then). Several letters basically say "me too". Mind blowing.

Reactions: Teddy02
m68040 said:
The first time I knew that I was not unique was from this publication. It would have been in about 1984, and it was clearly the issue after they had done an article of ABDL (or "infantilism" as it was then). Several letters basically say "me too". Mind blowing.
I think I have a copy of that issue. ‘Richard and Ron’ ran a small club for ‘infantalists’, I met them on a couple of occasions, it was they that were interviewed for the magazine. Lovely people, both no longer with us.

JustALittleFairy said:
1. Hamilton!
2. I am a DL but I'm also an age regressor for therapy reasons and because I get to feel free
3. Being ABDL has been a little hard in NZ, especially when all of the cute things I want are in America so they either don't ship here or the shipping would cost me an arm and a leg
4. I will forever be obsessed with ABU, I will definitely order more from them when I can. My favorite dip from them would be Alphagatorz
5. I went for a railway ride in Awakeri and I would totally recommend it, you'll never have an experience just like it.
Me too! It's awesome to know that there's quite a few of us 🥰
How have you found age regressing for therapy reasons, have you found a safe/open therapist who's able to facilitate those spaces?
I had a look into the Awakeri railway, it looks beautiful. I haven't actually travelled around the North Island much, it's definitely on my wishlist for the future.

Teddy02 said:
My first knowledge of anybody wearing a nappy beyond the age of 3 was a magazine in a sex shop in London’s Soho back in the 1960s. I was stunned but information was still hard to come by. No, this was my weird proclivity and mine alone. We then had a sex magazine called Forum that ran a ‘letters to the editor’ page and after a while there were quite a few ABDL letters. I still have them, I might put some of them here they were very revealing and certainly made the loneliness more bearable.
Teddy02 said:
Huh, this publication sounds interesting and fairly progressive for it's time. I'm glad to hear you both found reassurance and solace in knowing you weren't alone through it. I'd love to read some of those letters if you still had any?

Also, how have you two found the transition from cloth to disposable diapers? Did you engage in your ABDL side much before disposables became more widespread?

Chodis said:
Also, how have you two found the transition from cloth to disposable diapers? Did you engage in your ABDL side much before disposables became more widespread?
As a baby I was in cloth, but my love for nappies has always been for disposables. It might be that younger siblings were in disposables, and that is why I fixated on them rather than for cloth.

Reactions: Chodis
m68040 said:
YES! I have also discovered this nappy. Before putting it on I attach the tabs to the front, since the perfect place for me is just on the yellow bit, and then basically, I have a pullup in all but name. They don't have leak guards, but, probably due to the nice snug elasticated fit, I rarely have leaks and they hold what I need for a typical night. Product code NGX-012 - https://www.babyonline.co.nz/collec...adult-briefs-size-2-large-pack-of-18s-ngx-013 - The yellow does suck though.

(Babyonline is also supercare.co.nz, and they did have some old stock of plastic-backed no-name nappies that were $10 per bag of 10 and worked well for me with a booster. I bought their remaining stock (10 bags) last year and, alas, they don't appear to be going to restock :-(
Yay good to hear someone else is on par with these hidden gem diapers.
I like your idea of making it into a pull up before hand. I think I'll try that before I go to bed tonight

Oh you sneak getting the last of the plastic supercares :p sharing is caring ;) in this case sharing is supercaring :p

T
Chodis said:
I’ll start us off!
  1. I live in Ōtautahi/Christchurch in the South Island.
  2. I identify as a cishet male diaper lover.
  3. I’ve found being DL in NZ fairly challenging due to the lack of quality products and communities that are available, and personally I’m still early on in my journey of self-acceptance around my DL side.
  4. My favourite diaper that I’ve purchased from a physical store here is definitely Drynites. Otherwise, I love the reusable cloth diapers I have from Threaded Armor and Rearz, despite them being fairly expensive to ship here.
  5. I found teaching my first Te Reo Māori community class for the year on Monday quite fun, as there was a good mixture of returning and new students who engaged well and seemed really eager to learn.
That’s me! I’m looking forward to hearing from some other Kiwis and hopefully getting to know you all better.
Hey thanks again for sparking this forum and being so engaged with your questions.
I have a question for you if I may.
How long have you been teaching te Reo maori?
My te reo sucks. But in saying that, and funny enough, I recall the maori version of the national anthem more than the English 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: Fun7220
JustALittleFairy said:
1. Hamilton!
Hello. I'm curious what you mean by therapy reasons. Was it encouraged by a therapist or just something you discovered is therapeutic on your own?

Justanotherdlnz said:
Hey thanks again for sparking this forum and being so engaged with your questions.
I have a question for you if I may.
How long have you been teaching te Reo maori?
My te reo sucks. But in saying that, and funny enough, I recall the maori version of the national anthem more than the English 😆
You're welcome, I've been a lurker in ADISC for a while now, and it's been an inspiring place to hear people discussing their shared interests, plus their lives in general, so I'm glad I can play my part.

Thanks for the question, I've been teaching for almost 2 years and learning for 4-5. My friend and I just voluntarily run a few beginner community classes. I've still got a lot to learn and definitely not even close to fluency, nor do I whakapapa Māori, but it's been a beautifully enriching language to learn so I'm happy to be able to give back and help support it's revitalisation in the small way that I can.

Haha, yeah funnily I've always been the same as you too. I'm not sure why, perhaps because we sing the Māori version first that it gets more engrained in our brains than the English version? Idk

Reactions: Justanotherdlnz
  • Where in New Zealand do you live? Cambridge
  • How do you identify within the AB/DL community? Started diaper lover and progressed into partial ABDL now Sissy as well.
  • How have you found being AB/DL in New Zealand? I am a introvert so not to bad. Hard to find cheap nappies. I purchase all mine online. Being connected to the internet and sites like this make you understand you are not alone.
  • What's your favourite brand of diaper that's available here? (or shipped at a reasonable price) I wear Abena M4 most of the time. Shipped form Auckland.
  • What's something interesting/fun that you've done this week, or had happen to you? (not AB/DL related) To be honest not much. I am currently having heath issues so have not done much in the past week. What has been good is my daughter has move back home to save money.

• Love
Reactions: JustALittleFairy and Chodis
Hey there, long time lurker - first time poster.

1. Dunedin
  2. Mainly DL, a little AB if my GF wants to play
  3. Met two other DLs but think I prefer to play alone
  4. Rearz select from incocare https://incocare.co.nz/rearz-diaper...-adult-diapers.html#/2-size-m/56-packsize-bag
  5. Thought it would be great idea to wear a crinkly noisy nappie to the pharmacy. My pharmacy has parking at the rear and a long hallway from the back. Going in was fine, but on the way out I was about 3 meters from the door and a woman with her kid came in. She gave me a funny smile, I'm 100% sure she heard me rustling down the hall

Reactions: flybaby and Chodis
Justanotherdlnz said:
Hello. I'm curious what you mean by therapy reasons. Was it encouraged by a therapist or just something you discovered is therapeutic on your own?
I grew up with a lot of childhood trauma. I noticed I was mentally regressing into a younger age to escape the crap I was going through so naturally as I got older I researched more and found ddlg first and then realized age regression fits my lifestyle more, what I mean by therapy is that allowing myself to regress helps heal those negative times in my life and almost 'rewrite' them in a more positive light! It's a nice vacation from adulthood

Back