New stretchy tab medical diapers are similar to real baby diapers

hannajaney

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
For a bit of context, I'm 19 and was born in 2004. I grew up with cloth-backed, stretch-side diapers. I'm pretty sure my parents just used the Kroger brand ones. I've done extensive research on the composition of adult diapers and baby diapers. Baby diapers have rectangular interior padding with lock-away channels, which essentially distribute pee throughout the entire diaper, the entire thing is super absorbent so they are very thin out of the package, they have two stretchy tabs that contour to the shape of the body, a soft cloth back shell, positional printing (most of the time), tall inner leak guards that sort of fold into the center to contain pooling liquid, a sort of pocket at the back of the diapers to contain BM leaks, a lower-waisted look (coming up to around the belly button) and lots of elastic, back and front of the shell. High-quality adult diapers have an hourglass shape to the padding, they can be plastic or cloth-backed, and the tabs are made of the same material as the rest of the diaper, so it's not very stretchy, a super absorbent core which is typically a blue rectangle in the middle of the padding, standing leak guards, and they also most often have four tapes. The form of most adult diapers resembles old-school disposable diapers from the '''70s- '90s except with four tapes. If you look back at old Pampers commercials you will notice the shift from the old form to the new form that baby diapers have currently. There has been a new trend in the Adult diaper world, of trying to emulate the look of modern baby diapers, with positional printing, sometimes cloth-like backing, and I've even seen ones with two tapes like Teddy's Ultra. However, the general shape of the diapers remains the same, with wide blocky tabs that sit above the hips and hourglass-shaped padding. With this form, only having two tapes tends to lead to gaps below and above where the tape meets the landing strip which can cause leaking prematurely. Despite this general theme, I've noticed something interesting in the medical adult diaper world, such as the Prevail 360s, Prevail Airs, Prevail Air Overnights, Molicare Elastics, Attends briefs/overnight briefs, Abena Flexi Fit, and a German brand called Dailee Slip. These companies have created adult diapers that mimic the form of baby diapers, tending to be thinner, with two elastic tapes, except for the Dailee Slip and Abena which have four tapes, two on each side being attached to the end of elastic tabs. The Dailee slip, Molicare elastic, Prevail and Abena diapers have lock-away channels and super absorbent polymers throughout the padding but the Prevail diaper doesn't have standing leak guards, the Attends diapers are similar in appearance to the Prevails but have leak guards and rectangular super absorbent core.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these diapers, knows how a similar form could be applied to ab/dl diapers, or knows about another type of adult diapers that's similar? Here are links to videos about some of the diapers I mentioned:

molicare elastic:

dailee slip:

prevail air overnights

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 87dervaTheExplora, Woncrinklz and BabyLink9
The elastic Molicares are interesting, take some practice to get them wearing right. I like them more than most of the general cloth backed diapers. If I had to do a mainstream cloth backed, it would be my choice. I still think north shore airlock or the main cloth positional ab ones are the best though.

Reactions: Diprs2, hannajaney and Cottontail
I bought a pack of Walgreens brand briefs with stretchy sides and one full length hook and loop on either side last year and they were super comfy and insanely soft inside. They held at best 2 wettings but were super quiet and discreet, great for being out and about without having to worry. I'm not much of a fan of cloth backed but I enjoyed them.

Reactions: Diprs2, hannajaney, 87dervaTheExplora and 1 other person
I’ve been wearing the Dailee Slip a lot recently. They are very comfortable and yes they do resemble baby diapers with their stretchy wings. They’re also very thin and the padding becomes quite squishy rather than turning into a hard gel. I know their adult pull ups use the 3 channel absorbency, but I don’t believe the slips use that yet.

Reactions: Diprs2
I am on the same research journey as you! I grew up in the early 2000's, so cloth-backed diapers are def my jam.

I am currently liking the Dailee Slip the most. The Maxi Plus is the most absorbent, a bit thin when dry but swells up quite alot. If not for the 4 tapes and medical logo print, it would most certainly be the most baby-ish diaper in existence. No doubt in my mind.

The Molicare Elastics is a no good fit for myself, medium seems a little big to me? Two tape and thickness is great however.

Another honorable mention is the Attends Adjustable 10. Two tape, great fit, although on the thinner side. A fusion of this and the Dailee with a simple print on the front, would be a dream come true.

🐎

Reactions: hannajaney
Traveler said:
I bought a pack of Walgreens brand briefs with stretchy sides and one full length hook and loop on either side last year and they were super comfy and insanely soft inside. They held at best 2 wettings but were super quiet and discreet, great for being out and about without having to worry. I'm not much of a fan of cloth backed but I enjoyed them.
I hate those the stretchy sides are too long and they come apart padding clonps. The older style is better non stretch 2 tab. Walmart brand is like wearing a big cortex pad with wide Velcro sides stuck on.

I bought a pack of the Molicare Premium Elastic to try them out.
First of all, if you wear L in normal diapers, you'll want M with those.
I found them to be a valid option but they do stretch out and sit rather loose
the next morning.
So maybe for people that wear during the day?
The velcro is very good on those and I never had one come off.

Prevail are insurance-authorised el-cheapo, I think. They are really lousy for those seriously needing support with any worries about leaks. I see them given away on street sides! True story! By the case!
I got a few free cases by someone , and use only the wings to make filters for my dust buster. serious! :ROFLMAO:
I then use the leftover center part of the Prevails for "boosters" that barely are worth bothering with, to be honest. Only when I'm being really creative, bored, and playful.🤭🤭. Even then, I'm let down. Useless.

But for those just entering tinkles, I guess they suit the need. To be kind. (they're crap!)

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
hannajaney said:
For a bit of context, I'm 19 and was born in 2004. I grew up with cloth-backed, stretch-side diapers. I'm pretty sure my parents just used the Kroger brand ones. I've done extensive research on the composition of adult diapers and baby diapers. Baby diapers have rectangular interior padding with lock-away channels, which essentially distribute pee throughout the entire diaper, the entire thing is super absorbent so they are very thin out of the package, they have two stretchy tabs that contour to the shape of the body, a soft cloth back shell, positional printing (most of the time), tall inner leak guards that sort of fold into the center to contain pooling liquid, a sort of pocket at the back of the diapers to contain BM leaks, a lower-waisted look (coming up to around the belly button) and lots of elastic, back and front of the shell. High-quality adult diapers have an hourglass shape to the padding, they can be plastic or cloth-backed, and the tabs are made of the same material as the rest of the diaper, so it's not very stretchy, a super absorbent core which is typically a blue rectangle in the middle of the padding, standing leak guards, and they also most often have four tapes. The form of most adult diapers resembles old-school disposable diapers from the '''70s- '90s except with four tapes. If you look back at old Pampers commercials you will notice the shift from the old form to the new form that baby diapers have currently. There has been a new trend in the Adult diaper world, of trying to emulate the look of modern baby diapers, with positional printing, sometimes cloth-like backing, and I've even seen ones with two tapes like Teddy's Ultra. However, the general shape of the diapers remains the same, with wide blocky tabs that sit above the hips and hourglass-shaped padding. With this form, only having two tapes tends to lead to gaps below and above where the tape meets the landing strip which can cause leaking prematurely. Despite this general theme, I've noticed something interesting in the medical adult diaper world, such as the Prevail 360s, Prevail Airs, Prevail Air Overnights, Molicare Elastics, Attends briefs/overnight briefs, Abena Flexi Fit, and a German brand called Dailee Slip. These companies have created adult diapers that mimic the form of baby diapers, tending to be thinner, with two elastic tapes, except for the Dailee Slip and Abena which have four tapes, two on each side being attached to the end of elastic tabs. The Dailee slip, Molicare elastic, Prevail and Abena diapers have lock-away channels and super absorbent polymers throughout the padding but the Prevail diaper doesn't have standing leak guards, the Attends diapers are similar in appearance to the Prevails but have leak guards and rectangular super absorbent core.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these diapers, knows how a similar form could be applied to ab/dl diapers, or knows about another type of adult diapers that's similar? Here are links to videos about some of the diapers I mentioned:

molicare elastic:

dailee slip:

prevail air overnights

Thank you for your research. I know you've answered a TON of questions regarding

Reactions: JoeMusic1976
CptMartins said:
I am on the same research journey as you! I grew up in the early 2000's, so cloth-backed diapers are def my jam.

I am currently liking the Dailee Slip the most. The Maxi Plus is the most absorbent, a bit thin when dry but swells up quite a lot. If not for the 4 tapes and medical logo print, it would most certainly be the most baby-ish diaper in existence. No doubt in my mind.

The Molicare Elastics is a no good fit for me, medium seems a little big to me. The two tapes and thickness are great, however.

Another honorable mention is the Attends Adjustable 10. Two tapes are, a great fit, although on the thinner side. A fusion of this and the Dailee with a simple print on the front would be a dream come true.

🐎
thank you for the feedback, I'm really curious about the daily slips, especially the maxi plus. I'm American and wish we made better diapers like the ones made in Europe. I've heard that same sentiment about the molicares on here, it seems like if you're typically a size large you'd fit a medium and if you're typically medium you'd need a small.

Reactions: CptMartins
foxkits said:
I hate those the stretchy sides are too long and they come apart padding clonps. The older style is better non stretch 2 tab. Walmart brand is like wearing a big cortex pad with wide Velcro sides stuck on.
oh god the walgreens ones are just awful, I tried their two tape ones and they were horrible, I'm sure the stretch tab ones are the same.

Reactions: foxkits
Cherrypie said:
I’ve been wearing the Dailee Slip a lot recently. They are very comfortable and yes they do resemble baby diapers with their stretchy wings. They’re also very thin and the padding becomes quite squishy rather than turning into a hard gel. I know their adult pull ups use the 3 channel absorbency, but I don’t believe the slips use that yet.
I've seen something on YouTube about the slips having the chanelling but I very well coukd be wrong. I wonder how their pull-ups are, I've always wanted a truly good adult pull up.

hannajaney said:
molicare elastic:
I was curious about these, and went ahead and ordered some from LL Medico. Quick commentary on LL Medico: Wow! The shipping was fast, basically next-day. (They have a distribution center about two hours away from me.) But if I'd been worried about intercepting my package before somebody else, I'd have been pretty annoyed. The email communication went straight from "We'll update you when your package ships" to "You have a package arriving today." As far as I can tell, I never got a tracking number. Pleasant surprise for me, possible disaster for somebody else.

About the diapers: Put simply, these are the tabs I'd want on an AB diaper. I found them easy to put on and super comfy. They're like king-sized Huggies tabs. Unfortunately they're hampered by one thing: These diapers don't have a landing zone. There's no proper loop material to mate with the hook material on the tabs, so although the tabs are massive, the only thing they have to grab onto is the clothlike cover. It barely works. After about an hour of wear and one wetting, I pulled out the waistband of my shorts and glanced at the diaper, only to find one of the tabs about to pop loose. I replanted it and sort of twisted it back and forth a little, trying to get it to grab better. That seems to have worked.

The padding is rather thin and stiff. I didn't expect much from the absorbency of these however, and was mainly interested in the fastening system. Verdict: It's promising to see sides/tabs like these on an adult diaper. They feel great. The rest of the diaper is shaping up to be a bit of a letdown though. Still a fun experiment!

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz, hannajaney and PadPhilosopher
Cottontail said:
I was curious about these, and went ahead and ordered some from LL Medico. Quick commentary on LL Medico: Wow! The shipping was fast, basically next-day. (They have a distribution center about two hours away from me.) But if I'd been worried about intercepting my package before somebody else, I'd have been pretty annoyed. The email communication went straight from "We'll update you when your package ships" to "You have a package arriving today." As far as I can tell, I never got a tracking number. Pleasant surprise for me, possible disaster for somebody else.

About the diapers: Put simply, these are the tabs I'd want on an AB diaper. I found them easy to put on and super comfy. They're like king-sized Huggies tabs. Unfortunately they're hampered by one thing: These diapers don't have a landing zone. There's no proper loop material to mate with the hook material on the tabs, so although the tabs are massive, the only thing they have to grab onto is the clothlike cover. It barely works. After about an hour of wear and one wetting, I pulled out the waistband of my shorts and glanced at the diaper, only to find one of the tabs about to pop loose. I replanted it and sort of twisted it back and forth a little, trying to get it to grab better. That seems to have worked.

The padding is rather thin and stiff. I didn't expect much from the absorbency of these however, and was mainly interested in the fastening system. Verdict: It's promising to see sides/tabs like these on an adult diaper. They feel great. The rest of the diaper is shaping up to be a bit of a letdown though. Still a fun experiment!
thank you for conducting this experiment! that's awesome. though it's sad the diapers don't have a landing strip or good absorbancy. I'm really curious about LL Medico now hehehe

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Woncrinklz and Cottontail
Cottontail said:

Please report your findings.:giggle:I just last week went to their site...then I chickened-out.🤭

I'm still trying to balance the whole "chart" in my head to make from every popular distributor about: Count, capacity, price, type of diaper or pull-on, and charges for delivery, if any; based on orders.
(I think I need a huge dry-erase board!:ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
Reactions: Cottontail and PadPhilosopher
Abena slip is decent also for stretchy

Reactions: TheGazelle and PadPhilosopher
Woncrinklz said:
Please report your findings.:giggle:I just last week went to their site...then I chickened-out.🤭

I'm still trying to balance the whole "chart" in my head to make from every popular distributor about: Count, capacity, price, type of diaper or pull-on, and charges for delivery, if any; based on orders.
(I think I need a huge dry-erase board!:ROFLMAO:)
Well, I had a tab pop loose again, and this time it took a chunk of the cover material with it, so reattaching it was nearly impossible. The diaper didn't seem "full," but I changed anyway. I'll continue wearing these until they're gone and then share some Final Thoughts. At this point though, because of the lack of a taping panel/landing zone, I really can't recommend them. It's infuriating because the tabs themselves are awesome and feel great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz and hannajaney
Circling back to this...

It's been about a week, and I just finished off the 14-count bag of Molicare Premium Elastic brie--diapers. That's record pace for this bunny! It usually takes me 2-3 months to use a single bag of disposables. (I'm in reusable cloth diapers most days.) But I wasn't thrilled with these diapers and kind of wanted to be done with them, so I just kept using them.

The pros? I still really like the tabs. They're so comfy. Even though the diapers kinda sucked, the tabs give me hope that such things will eventually be done with cute AB diapers. Bambino was close with the Magnifico, but I definitely prefer these ginormous one-per-side tabs. I found them super easy to put on too.

The cons? My chief complaint with these is the lack of a landing strip/taping panel. It seems crazy to say this, but despite that the tabs are hook-and-loop, opening and re-closing the diaper is barely possible. The tabs have only the clothlike cover material to grab onto, and they damage it easily. What's more, when you wet the diaper, the glue holding the cover to the diaper weakens, so the tabs have a tendency to come loose, taking bits of cover with them. To avoid this, I found myself applying the tabs as high on the cover as possible, right to the top edge, as there wasn't as much padding behind that area and it took longer for the padding there to become wet. This unfortunately meant that the fit was not as snug and supportive as I like it to be.

The padding in these is thin and stiff, and it breaks apart almost immediately if you try to fluff it. Don't bother. Honestly, if the padding was soft, I'd call them some of the most comfortable disposable diapers I've ever worn. Bummer. I expected the absorbency to be mediocre, and my expectations were met. For context, I'm 6'1" and 215 lbs, and I had the medium diapers. I found that I could wet these 2-3 times and then they were soaked. Generally, after a third wetting, I could tell that if I sat down I was going to need a new onesie and shorts. :)

So anyway, there you go. I'm not sorry I tried them, but I doubt I'll do it again.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CptMartins and Woncrinklz
Back