Male dribble

MischiefManaged said:
I've been having this issue for a few years but I am only young (early 20's) Pretty much always dribble a few drops, although sometimes slightly more after putting it away, no matter how much I shake. Also have to pee fairly often and usually not in that high quantities compared to most people, but not sure if I've trained my bladder to not hold on as much since I'm always on the farm so can relieve anywhere.

Is this something I should talk to a doctor about? I am an abdl but I only wear for a few days per month at most so dont think the diapers should be making any difference, and understand that IC is not something you should want. Also suffer with diarrhea IBS but could never figure out the trigger and blood works always been good. Probiotics do seem to help a bit
Also forgot to add sometimes I need to go again 2 minutes later. Obviously don't need to pee but feel it and some comes out

• Thinking
Reactions: warmfeeling, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
MischiefManaged said:
Also forgot to add sometimes I need to go again 2 minutes later. Obviously don't need to pee but feel it and some comes out
Know all about that one.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Seasonedcitizen
MischiefManaged said:
I also know about this one...☹️

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
surprise35 said:
Yes I had this issue for years and then got given a sample pack of 5 incontinenece underwear from this company called Carer. I have found these help a lot and in the day I can sometimes get away with just wearing these and not a diaper.
But all the other recommendations on here are good too, the massive variety and selection of pads out there just proves how this issue is VERY common and happens to most people at some point in their life.
I've been wanting to get a few pairs from Carer. Glad to hear they are good. Thx!

Reactions: surprise35, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I wear pull ups to bed each night for urge ic first thing in the morning. I also suffer from post urination leaks/dribbles during the day. I gave up wearing boxers years ago because I didn’t like pee running down my leg. I now wear panties exclusively and of course because they are thin I dribble through frequently. I’m seriously considering wearing pull ups all the time as I can pull them aside to stand and pee and any leakage/dribbles will never show.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I've had the post pee dribbles for years. Last two times I saw my urologist for kidney ultrasounds they said I retain about 15% of my capacity. Still haven't figured out why yet,

Reactions: surprise35 and Diprs2
MischiefManaged said:
This information should be covered with your MD /Urologist as OAB is one possibly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Subtlerustle and MischiefManaged
@MischiefManaged said:
Edgewater said:
This information should be covered with your MD /Urologist as OAB is one possibly.
It can also be a sign of UTI or potential for kidney stones... I had an attack of kidney stones back in June/July of 2010, and ever since will randomly have a day or two where practically immediately after a full emptying it feels like I have a major need to go again, but only get a few little dribbles... In my younger years (pre-teen through teen or possibly early 20s) I had the "post pee dribbles" issue, and wound up with wet underwear (the worst experience being the time when I was dealing with a UTI and the meds I was put on made my pee pink, so my "tighty-whiteys" at the time had pink stains in them)...

Reactions: Edgewater, Traveler, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Welcome to 40 and up life

• Haha
Reactions: depta99, artemisenterri, Seasonedcitizen and 4 others
MattyMN said:
However you shake
However you dance
The last couple drops
Drip in your pants
😁

• Haha
Reactions: artemisenterri, Seasonedcitizen, Edgewater and 1 other person
Lumos said:
I've been wanting to get a few pairs from Carer. Glad to hear they are good. Thx!
Yeah I was very lucky and they sent me five free pairs when they were first getting started. It was through another diaper community site but I've never gone back to regular underwear again, it's now at least those underwear or a diaper of some kind.

robertabdl74 said:
Welcome to 40 and up life
True, but sometimes it hits earlier (possibly even MUCH earlier) in the person's life...

Reactions: Edgewater
It’s the surprise nature of this condition that is difficult to manage without some form of protection. I can go through a couple of days and have no issues. Then suddenly it’ll happen and I’m grateful that I have a pad in my underwear because it’s definitely not just a drop or two. It’s a short stream which would leave a big wet patch that would need to be dealt with. All this is said with the understanding that this has been mentioned to a doctor and determined to be not something more serious.

Reactions: Lethdale, Edgewater and artemisenterri
Subtlerustle said:
It’s the surprise nature of this condition that is difficult to manage without some form of protection. I can go through a couple of days and have no issues. Then suddenly it’ll happen and I’m grateful that I have a pad in my underwear because it’s definitely not just a drop or two. It’s a short stream which would leave a big wet patch that would need to be dealt with. All this is said with the understanding that this has been mentioned to a doctor and determined to be not something more serious.
Exactly, it isn't life-threatening, it isn't a "sign of worse things to come"... It just happens... Sometimes length of the urethra is the primary factor, sometimes it's a side-effect of other issues like UTI or kidney stones. But in and of itself, it's nothing more than an aggravating annoyance.

Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion, MischiefManaged, bdale and 2 others
For those of you who have had this condition a long time, does it always eventually get worse, or does it sort of 'plateau' with how much leaks out?

And for those who opted for protection, what made you take the leap versus no protection?

Cheers said:
For those of you who have had this condition a long time, does it always eventually get worse, or does it sort of 'plateau' with how much leaks out?

And for those who opted for protection, what made you take the leap versus no protection?
It depends on the cause. If its caused by retention (or BPH), that is common with older age and will more often than not tend to get worse. I know that for me, in my early 20's it was pretty mild and manageable with underwear. I would only use diapers either recreationally to "get a break" from bladder management or in rare cases where it was absolutely necessary. But my symptoms only got worse as I got older, increasing from nickel sized wet spots in my underwear to softball sized ones on my slacks over a period of 15 or so years. My issues with urgency and frequency also got worse in that time.

As far as "taking the leap", A couple years ago I was at a conference and was having a pretty terrible time trying to manage with underwear. I had to leave panels 2-3 times to use the bathroom and change my underwear several times a day. It reached a breaking point when I was standing in line for fast food and the couple in front of me asked very loudly, "Why does it smell like pee?" I could tell that I was the reason why based on how wet my underwear was and the kind of day that I was having. At that point, protection had shifted from something I used recreationally to "get a break" from my bladder to something I may need. Basically, my symptoms reached a point where managing without some kind of protection became really untenable.

Reactions: Cheers, Babynie, Subtlerustle and 2 others
So is it a form of IC? Always looking for an excuse to wear diapers!

MarshallDylan said:
Yes, it is considered IC. But realistically, most would just use pads which you put in your underwear to catch the drips, until more absorbency is needed.

Reactions: Lumos and Edgewater
MarshallDylan said:
Any kind of "unauthorized" void is incontinence. Sometimes they are accidents and infrequent and very minor and manageable, other times they are more frequent and symptomatic of some kind of larger condition. Incontinence is typically a symptom that manifests from other conditions (or side effects from medications.) Whether it is disruptive enough to your life or not where you would want to use protection to manage it, or if it counts as an "excuse to wear diapers" is completely up to the individual experiencing the symptoms. In my case, it was more the urgency and frequency that led me in that direction over the dribbles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
mirrored22 said:
Any kind of "unauthorized" void is incontinence. Sometimes they are accidents and infrequent and very minor and manageable, other times they are more frequent and symptomatic of some kind of larger condition. Incontinence is typically a symptom that manifests from other conditions (or side effects from medications.) Whether it is disruptive enough to your life or not where you would want to use protection to manage it, or if it counts as an "excuse to wear diapers" is completely up to the individual experiencing the symptoms. In my case, it was more the urgency and frequency that led me in that direction over the dribbles.
Awesome. I mean… awful lol

• Haha
Reactions: mirrored22
Back