Male dribble

Seabear said:
I know this isn’t strictly incontinence but just lately I’ve noticed normally when it’s cold I dribble after urinating. When I’ve nearly finished my wee I feel like there’s still a little bit left to come out but it won’t. As soon as I’ve tucked myself back in and move away from the toilet I then feel this last bit dribbling out and leaves a wet patch in my pants. Luckily it doesn’t show thru to my clothes but just wondered if anyone else does this?
Happened to me all the time...my bladder will not empty fully, there would be one, maybe two follow on leaks afterwards.....just after I zipped back up...leaving me with a wet leg.
Even diapered up yesterday after the inevitable washing up instant urge to release, there were two immediate small follow ups.

Reactions: LittleDiaperDreamer, Edgewater, Dry247 and 1 other person
It can happen when some urine gets trapped in between your bladder sphincter and your pelvic floor. “Milking” or pushing on the pelvic floor right behind your balls can help get rid of it.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and Lethdale
However you shake
However you dance
The last couple drops
Drip in your pants

• Haha
Reactions: LittleDiaperDreamer, Fleetwoodmac32192, Edgewater and 3 others
Yes I had this issue for years and then got given a sample pack of 5 incontinenece underwear from this company called Carer. I have found these help a lot and in the day I can sometimes get away with just wearing these and not a diaper.
But all the other recommendations on here are good too, the massive variety and selection of pads out there just proves how this issue is VERY common and happens to most people at some point in their life.

Reactions: Edgewater, Dry247, Lethdale and 1 other person
I have been using baby cloth diapers as a pad essentially to help catch those inevitable drops. Sometimes it's more than just a few drops.

Reactions: Edgewater
I'm 44 and been dealing with this lately and fairly severe paresis (shy bladder). I've been dealing with it for quite awhile but it got significantly worse over the past yr or so. Basically, if I'm able to go I find myself leaking after I go no matter how long I wait. More often, I can't go no matter how hard I try and end up leaking a bit before I can get to a safe spot to pee.

Like many, I am a DL and went 24/7 for a few yrs when I worked from home. I've stopped all that a few yrs ago, but I'm sure it's had an impact. I have been treated for the PMD but not the shy bladder stuff. I've really been struggling with this part because I know it's pretty much all in my head!! But the inability to pee and subsequent leaks are real! Are my DL interests somehow playing a role? I've started wearing depends pull-ups to manage but am just kinda struggling with everything. Point is, it's good to hear others have had (or are having) similar issues.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and Lethdale
Wonderingabout said:
I have been using baby cloth diapers as a pad essentially to help catch those inevitable drops. Sometimes it's more than just a few drops.
They saved me today. Think I was rushed trying to get to a meeting and didn't give myself the time to ensure everything was out. Felt a slight dampness but nothing showed through. I do wonder if the cloth is good enough. Had an incident the other day where I thought I only let a little slip, but then had a stream going down my pants leg.

It’s been about six months since I started consistently wearing guards and I’m now totally used to them. I’ve got the positioning all figured out and the piece of mind is really liberating. The PMD is sometimes just a drop or two and sometimes a 1 second stream. It’s those latter situations that were terrifying in public.

Reactions: Lumos, Babybub, Wonderingabout and 2 others
When I saw the title to this thread I wasn’t sure if it was regarding incontinence or a feminist commentary about the speech habits of the male of the species.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: AUG168, dogboy and Edgewater
Subtlerustle said:
It’s been about six months since I started consistently wearing guards and I’m now totally used to them. I’ve got the positioning all figured out and the piece of mind is really liberating. The PMD is sometimes just a drop or two and sometimes a 1 second stream. It’s those latter situations that were terrifying in public.
My continence nurse has sent me some sample pads. Male guard and 2 x unisex pads to try with the net pants. I am wearing the pants and male guard to test, and they feel comfortable.

I resonate so much with this conversation! This has been a problem for me since childhood. It must have been close to 15 years ago that I finally started wearing "male guards." I'd been at a friend's house and got up from a chair I'd been sitting in and realized I'd left a big stinky urine spot on their nice dining room furniture. 😣

As others have said, I never realized how much I'd been stressing about it until I started wearing protection and realized it had been a constant 24-hour-a-day worry. It was a huge improvement in my quality of life to lift that weight off my shoulders. Not to mention it keeps my skin healthier and I don't smell like pee everywhere I go.

I have never talked to a doctor about this due to embarrassment, but this thread is making me resolve to mention it to my doctor next time I go in.

I've always had a thing for diapers, so I kind of enjoyed wearing the guards despite the embarrassment. In the last few years I've switched to 24/7 diapers even though I could probably get away with way less protection. It's hard for me to sort out in my mind how much I'm using my leaky bladder as an excuse for a diaper-wearing habit that's mostly just for pleasure. That's part of why I've been reluctant to talk to a doctor about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumos, Zeke and Wonderingabout
Seabear said:
I know this isn’t strictly incontinence but just lately I’ve noticed normally when it’s cold I dribble after urinating. When I’ve nearly finished my wee I feel like there’s still a little bit left to come out but it won’t. As soon as I’ve tucked myself back in and move away from the toilet I then feel this last bit dribbling out and leaves a wet patch in my pants. Luckily it doesn’t show thru to my clothes but just wondered if anyone else does this?
I've been having this issue latly

I'm like a ruddy dripping tap in the cold....and I tend to underarm sweat....riddle me that....😳

I always hated that last bit of dribble at times. It was ok if wearing dark bottoms but there were times wearing grey or blue shorts there would sometimes be a spot.

Reactions: Lethdale
Watch this video it might help. But you should go get checked just to be sure as you prostrate might be getting enlarged. A simple med might help. But cancer and strictures and a lot more can cause it so don't just right it off. Most likely it is nothing too serious. But a light male pad or pouch might help. But this video gives some other solid advise on massage therapy as well as kegal exercises. But be aware this is often the first sign of urological troubles in men. Best advise I can give is tell your doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garboho and Babybub
I have the same issue, tried sitting down to pee, but the water was too cold.

AUG168 said:
Been dealing with this for years. In hindsight it's how my incontinence started. No matter what I do now I drip for hours after urinating.
Yes just how my daytime problems started.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and Lethdale
I have this problem all the time. If I sit it is slightly better but I still get some dribbles I can't avoid. I tried guards but I find them not very comfortable... maybe I should give it a second go, as it can be embarrassing sometimes when not protected

Back