"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

Milianna said:
I am definitely here.

I am writing again. This is the language that i feel most comfortable in.

I struggle many times to articulate what frustrates me. I can type about what bothers me and what is going on in my mind. But when I try to use my words to explain how I feel, all I can really get out are the same two or three sentences and phrases and repeat them. Because that's just all that wants to come out. You know?

I feel frustrated that I am not a verbal person. I want to be more verbal. I want to be able to explain to other human beings how much I want to say things sometimes. I feel so frustrated that I am supposedly high functioning in everything except when it comes to my emotions. I want to tell someone so badly everything how I feel because I feel like I want to use my mouth to make the words to talk. That would make it really mine. I feel frustrated that my writing is probably the most articulate I'd ever be.

I want to do all of that. But... here we are. Typing.

Millianna dear I'm actually ASD 3 (among a gazillion of other both NP diagnosis (3 more and severe on 2 & Mild on the 3`rd as well as a million co morbids under those & last MULTIBLE Learning disabilities (incl Dyslexia ) & believe it or not im even significantly below average in verbal but still higher then all other in the IQ test & yet im as you can see somehow able to be in here talking to all of you in a Englich which is not my native language.

For some of us with (in this case Asbergers or ASD 1-2 -3 sadly this (the Emotinel Inteligance = EI ) is ONE of the things many struggles with regardless of what level that they are in. I understand you're frustration dear. But instead of feeling frustrated on you're self try to accept that you have you're own special way of communicating and try to adapt and learn to better communicate. I can guarantee you that when i was younger i was not even close to as articulate and able to speak to others & most definitely the same with reading emotions or indeed being this vocal and active in this kind of online comuties or even in reel life particularly social. BUT i learned my friend & so will you im shore. So don't stop trying Millianna. ( HUG )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
All day today I have been in "Little" Mode.
This morning I only watched the NickJr Channel on Pluto TV.
I then had my Lunch.
After Lunch I had my nap.
Now I am on my potty training chair for "N Diaper Time".
Then from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM I will be dressed to go outside to take my walk using my rollator walker frame.
6:00 PM to 6:30 PM is Supper.
6:30 PM to 11:00 PM is watch the Nick Jr Channel again while sitting and crawling in my "Littles" Corner of my Living Room and playing with my toys.
Today is "play with my toy cars and trucks day".
11:00 PM to 1:00 AM is "watch science documentary TV programs".
1:00 AM is Bed Time!

Sigh...I could not sustain being "Little" all day today.
I needed to switch back into "Adult" Mode.
:(

caitianx said:
Sigh...I could not sustain being "Little" all day today.
I needed to switch back into "Adult" Mode.
:(
1011212015.jpg
I made this earlier in the evening.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and Deleted member 58759
One of the most powerful ideas I've encountered for warding off suffering and achieving happiness is to simply internalize the "dichotomy of control". Remind yourself that some things are up to you, and others are not. Each of us has to power to influence how we judge situations, what our emotions are, what we tell ourselves. We also have the power of how we act in response to a situation (what we say/do). But none of us can control what others think, say or do.

Virtually all of the things we worry about are a result of worrying about things which we cannot do anything about. On the other hand, if one can do something to alleviate the cause of worry, then a focus on calmly carrying out that practical action goes a long way. There's no need to be miserable while performing good important work.

It's extraordinary how reflecting on this simple truth has made the world seem far less overwhelming to me. Overthinking things and worrying about every little detail is a negative tendency for me, but reminding myself of this over and over again, routinizing it, has really helped.

Reactions: Deleted member 58759
Sigh...
I am still around.
I am okay.
Trying to be "little" on a Saturday.
But all I have done is simply to sit at my kitchen table and "color" in my "new" coloring book with my crayons a couple of times today.

i'm autistic and i'm a little

crinklzanddimplez said:
Warm welcome to the group

crinklzanddimplez said:
Welcome to the autism side of ADISC. My name is Ry Ry and I am on the spectrum myself

Lil_Shaddow said:
I've had pych doctors say i might have Aspergers I usually quit seeing em after everyone I have say that tho before they can do tests or anything to formally diagnose it cuz I dont want another reason for my mom to hate me.
Hi. Interesting word, Asperger's. My mom hated me too. She's dead now. I wonder if she still hates me wherever she is. Where did the word, that is what does it mean, other than me looking it up? What's the difference between the two? I'm just curious. I know myself, I loathe crowds, am really happy alone without problems at all, and get anxious if forced to be in a crowd of people I don't know...and sometimes even know. I started drinking beer because of it, then moved to antianxiety meds. Actually, Covid didn't impact me in a bad way with the "Stay at home" orders. The person who lives in my home now is going psycho on me, though, as I posted. But...?:think:

caitianx said:
Welcome NovaDL!

From my own personal experience, Depression can be a comorbid condition with Asperger's/Autism.
I myself have Unipolar Depression which is being treated with Lexapro, an SSRI Type Antidepressant.
I take 10mg/day of Lexapro.
I have been on Lexapro since March of 2005, when I finally got correctly diagnosed as having Asperger's Syndrome.
At that time, I had just turned 47.
You are fascinating to read on with. I had more than an awful time at school. It sadly ruined my true career potentials, but my therapist never said I had any type of Autism. I was just treated for anxiety and running thoughts that I could not stop to the point I sounded like I had Tourrettes! (Hope I spelled it right).

crinklzanddimplez said:
Good Evening and Welcome to the Autistic's corner of ADISC!
I am the one that started this conversation thread a while back.
Anyway, I have had a mixed day today.
I had to be at my town's CTV Station/Channel to start back with volunteering there.
I have been doing it for the past 18 years.
I did stop at the CVS at the corner of NH routes 28 and 102 for a diet soda pop and I purchased another MATCHBOX truck for my toy collection which I am rebuilding.
Here in Derry, NH, I can not get around anywhere, except with assistance from neighbors oor church friends or via the local paratransit service.
I am back to the way I was before I learned to drive decades ago.
Just like a small boy.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
I have like 40% down syndrome

Wondercrinkee said:
Hi. Interesting word, Asperger's. Where did the word, that is what does it mean, other than me looking it up? What's the difference between the two? I'm just curious.

Asbergers was the old definition of mild Autism or High function Autism = you don't have any co morbid diagnosis (and this was not even a diagnose as it was more aimed for the medical faculty to know between them). This was later renamed when they lumped all the previous older 4 separately diagnosis under the Autistic spectrum diagnosis = ASD and then added 1 Mild - 2 Moderate - 3 Severe.

Today I have been half "adult" and half "little" today.
This afternoon internally I was "Little" while helping a very elderly neighbor by raking up and hauling away her fallen leaves.
While watching television online this evening I have been quietly playing a little bit with a "new" MATCHBOX Truck I purchased yesterday when I was "downtown".
1020211856.jpg

1022212006.jpg
Yes!
Another new cheap little toy truck that I purchased at Walmart here in Derry, NH, along with (6) more HOT WHEELS toy cars.
Internally I was "Little" while at tthe Walmart today.

1022212230a.jpg
Yes!
This is Autism and Cerebral Palsy "Widdle Wheelchair Boy's" bedroom.
Getting ready for bed.
REARZ, Inc. thick nighttime diaper ready to put on...
Lovey Friends...Harry Horsie, Ruffy Doggy, Breaker Koala, La-La Lambkin, and Wunky Monkey...They chase away the monsters under my bed and in my closet..
Medical thumbless velcro-closure restraint mittens...Ready to wear all through the night...
No pawing at my diaper to tear it and playing with its contents and smearing my poo-poo...
No biting my hands or fingers...
No scratching my face or ears...
No "bad touching myself" to make icky "adult" boy dirty #3 filth goo...
Just sleeping like a widdle helpless baby boy all through the night...
Safe and protected with my night light on all through the night...
I, Caitian X, have permanently cognitively lost the mental capacity to sleep in the dark without a night light in my bed.
In this respect, I really am back to being 2 to 6 years old.

1026211656.jpg
Today on a very rainy day I got downtown via the local paratransit service.
Yes!
I made a stop at the CVS for a 14-count package of XL sized adult dydees and a little toy truck.
Yes!
A US Postal Service Mail Delivery Truck.
I do hate it though, that the real postal delivery service got deliberately fucked up by Postmaster General DeJoy per orders of Donald Trump to try and stop mail-in voting last year in 2020.

I just try to listen to music lately. I have a lot of trouble identifying and dealing with my emotions. Or even really feeling them. I don't know what I feel half the time. It just feels like a nebulous ball that I can't explain. I get so animated and happy when I talk about my special interests.

I feel like music is my language of emotions. I feel like writing is the language of emotions. I can't ever tell you how I feel. I can't really make my mouth form the words. I'm slowly trying

Back