"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

Stargazer93 said:
Health care

Sorry but don't want to get too specific

Its a closed in office. No general public, so it would just be coworkers around me
No worries. I'm glad they are accepting of that and I'm glad you found a stim tool that works for you. Diapers help me reduce my anxiety and emotional/mental health as well and once I started them, I never want(ed) to give them up. :) I also love my pacis and plushies now as well. The paci is very soothing but I gotta start using it again since I had covid and stopped temporarily.

I always have a plushie with me to aid me in cognitive/emotional self-regulation.

caitianx said:
I always have a plushie with me to aid me in cognitive/emotional self-regulation.
I wish I had my plushies with me at work but alas, I work in a busy secure access office space and can't even have my phone in with me let alone a plushie. I'm eager to in the near future get a new job that is work from home because I just feel so overwhelmed and closed in with the current work environment as well as it being kinda repetitive and boring.

How does one go about even getting an assessment? Because I've taken a few online assessments and I've scored high enough to get the recommendation that I see a professional. But I just don't know how. Like do you need a special recommendation, or do you just ask for it...?

PuffPuffPaci said:
How does one go about even getting an assessment? Because I've taken a few online assessments and I've scored high enough to get the recommendation that I see a professional. But I just don't know how. Like do you need a special recommendation, or do you just ask for it...?
In my case, the assessment company didn't take insurance at all. I paid $1500 out of pocket to get the assessment done, referral isn't needed. But, I think some let you do the assessment and then maybe give you a big back bill you can try to get insurance to cover if they're willing. And others might be able to refer you, but honestly, my healthcare provider didn't do adult assessments and so that's why I sought out something else.

You can look up Adult autism assessment for your local area and see if anything comes up. Any licensed psychologist can theoretically do the testing (detailed or not -- mine was a test as well as general observation through the session), and some can be multiple sessions or just one and done. The main thing is they are a licensed psychologist in your state and the test is Adult Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Still here...
Still listening...
Trying to not go into another emotional crash...

Back