"Littles" with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome

Witch said:
This was informative, thank you. I hope your upcoming assessment goes well.
Thank you so much. I'm hopeful as well.

abdlbill004 said:
It’s just so hard every time I see myself diapering myself in the Mirror fearing a diaper leak at work the cost but it is a part of my being
I wouldn't know anything about that, as I am currently unemployed due to having late stage Lyme Disease that went undiagnosed for two decades. I'm home all the time..

So yesterday I had my first appointment with the psychologist to evaluate for autism.

I've had a lot of disappointing experiences with mental health professionals in the past, but this may have been the most productive session I've had to date. He gave me a questionnaire to start and said It scored very high for autism, and what we talked about was very helpful. There are 3 more sessions to go for him to finish his evaluation.

We talked about a lot of heavy duty things from from my childhood and I was able to tear down my walls for him. After we were done I cried for over a half an hour on my own, just getting it all out. And it felt so good to cry and just feel some relief.

Reactions: perlFerret, Omg301 and lilbabyjooce
Stargazer93 said:
So yesterday I had my first appointment with the psychologist to evaluate for autism.

I've had a lot of disappointing experiences with mental health professionals in the past, but this may have been the most productive session I've had to date. He gave me a questionnaire to start and said It scored very high for autism, and what we talked about was very helpful. There are 3 more sessions to go for him to finish his evaluation.

We talked about a lot of heavy duty things from from my childhood and I was able to tear down my walls for him. After we were done I cried for over a half an hour on my own, just getting it all out. And it felt so good to cry and just feel some relief.
Aww that's amazing. Mine is a single assessment for about an hour to hour and a half and they will then I think mail the report after. Bit different, not cheap at all. But, I'm torn about what the end result will be but I'm glad you are on the path toward closure and I look forward to the assessment coming up to deal with my insecurities about my past and looking for closure as well.

Omg301 said:
Aww that's amazing. Mine is a single assessment for about an hour to hour and a half and they will then I think mail the report after. Bit different, not cheap at all. But, I'm torn about what the end result will be but I'm glad you are on the path toward closure and I look forward to the assessment coming up to deal with my insecurities about my past and looking for closure as well.
I was assessed in 2005 at age 47.
Yes!
I am on the Autism Spectrum and I also have Cerebral Palsy.

Well, I was formally diagnosed with Autism today.

All I'm gonna say is this is such a massive relief and I feel like a turning point my life. I've felt tremendously guilty for being strange and acting in a way that people got upset by for SOOO many years and It feels so utterly incredible to not have to feel that guilt anymore.

I will now continue to work with this psychologist on finding balance and the healthiest ways to live with this condition going forward.

I've also been throwing out MAJOR hints regarding AB, but not directly coming out and saying it such as:

"oh I asked my ex to rock me in her arms like a mother rocks their infant child while telling me she loves me and I have worth"

I want to see if he can figure out the big picture before I mention the diapers/pacifier/baby food and all of that. I like this psychologist a lot and I'm just curious to see how good he really is. But I will definitely be telling if he doen't figure it out on his own.

Reactions: perlFerret
Stargazer93 said:

All I'm gonna say is this is such a massive relief and I feel like a turning point my life. I've felt tremendously guilty for being strange and acting in a way that people got upset by for SOOO many years and It feels so utterly incredible to not have to feel that guilt anymore.

I will now continue to work with this psychologist on finding balance and the healthiest ways to live with this condition going forward.

I've also been throwing out MAJOR hints regarding AB, but not directly coming out and saying it such as:

"oh I asked my ex to rock me in her arms like a mother rocks their infant child while telling me she loves me and I have worth"

I want to see if he can figure out the big picture before I mention the diapers/pacifier/baby food and all of that. I like this psychologist a lot and I'm just curious to see how good he really is. But I will definitely be telling if he doen't figure it out on his own.
Nice. I forgot to mention but I did the assessment last Thursday and the psychologist confirmed Autism as well as a high level of OCD. She also had me do a long personality test to see if there were other factors involved, so I'll know in bit less than 2 weeks once I get the report in my email. But, the assessment went well and the psychologist and I clicked well. The only thing is that this was a paid assessment, not cheap, and they don't do after-care.

On the same day that I did the assessment, I had a Psychiatry appointment and got prescribed Lexapro and Trazodone, and then also got scheduled for weekly therapy starting next week. So, a lot was done, but at least I got that closure last week.

Stargazer93 said:

Well, friend, welcome to the tribe!
Anyway, I am going to be out doing my usual Tuesday routine.
Errands.
Lunch.
Volunteering at my town's CATV Public-Access Channel.
I also need a haircut.

Today is my birthday! Tomorrow I'm celebrating with my family. 🥳

Thanks caitianx and Omg301

And Omg301, I just wanted to mention one thing. I'm not sure if you state has it, but my state has Autism as a qualifying condition for medical marijuana and that stuff has really changed my life

I was using it for an anxiety diagnosis prior, but my goodness does it help with the Autism symptoms as well. I get it as capsules (like any other med) and then just swallow them

No bongs or joints or anything like that, lol. Just a bottle of pills from the marijuana pharmacy like any other med.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Reactions: Omg301
Stargazer93 said:
Thanks caitianx and Omg301

And Omg301, I just wanted to mention one thing. I'm not sure if you state has it, but my state has Autism as a qualifying condition for medical marijuana and that stuff has really changed my life

I was using it for an anxiety diagnosis prior, but my goodness does it help with the Autism symptoms as well. I get it as capsules (like any other med) and then just swallow them

No bongs or joints or anything like that, lol. Just a bottle of pills from the marijuana pharmacy like any other med.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks for the heads up. It's a possibility, but I'm currently on some other medications now that are supposed to also help with anxiety and calm me down. So, I'm going to give them time before I decide on anything else to take. They're anti depressants/sleep aid that both should also help with anxiety -- Lexapro and Trazodone. I'll wait and see if they help. Thanks for the tip.

Hey everyone,

So I was diagnosed with Autism when I was three-ish,

And I was REALLY hard to potty train, In fact, I still remember being changed my mom…

Here’s the thing, while my family embraces my Autism, they CAN’T STAND my big baby side

On a completely unrelated note, if it weren’t for Avril Lavigne, I’d probably be non-verbal. Seriously, I would sing her songs “complicated” and “sk8er boi” A LOT when they were 1st released… Sooo that helped me learn how to talk

Omg301 said:
Thanks for the heads up. It's a possibility, but I'm currently on some other medications now that are supposed to also help with anxiety and calm me down. So, I'm going to give them time before I decide on anything else to take. They're anti depressants/sleep aid that both should also help with anxiety -- Lexapro and Trazodone. I'll wait and see if they help. Thanks for the tip.
I have been popping Lexapro since 2005.
It keeps me cognitively stable.
Anyway, I am quietly watching television online.

I'm here with aspergers, and possibly adhd. Not sure what's all in my psych chart. I've been struggling lately with depression lately really bad and can't seem to find a good fit in a therapist yet. 😞 I'm on disability for other medical issues so finding someone that takes my insurance. Knowing there is others out here like myself does give me a sense that I'm not fully alone even though I've been struggling with woth feeling really alone lately.

Fleegster said:
I'm here with aspergers, and possibly adhd. Not sure what's all in my psych chart. I've been struggling lately with depression lately really bad and can't seem to find a good fit in a therapist yet. 😞 I'm on disability for other medical issues so finding someone that takes my insurance. Knowing there is others out here like myself does give me a sense that I'm not fully alone even though I've been struggling with woth feeling really alone lately.
Good Evening and Welcome to this Group of Autistic "Littles".
At 65, I am the old man of the group.
I have been on Disability since 2006.
Here on ADISC there are a lot of Autistic "Littles".
Of course, besides Autism, I also have Cerebral Palsy.
I live independently out in the community here in Derry, New Hampshire.

Reactions: BunnyPrincess and Deleted member 44276
Just joined after lurking for along time, but I am also autistic and neurodivergent in other ways (ADHD, CPTSD, depression/anxiety and OCD). Being autistic and/or otherwise neurodivergent is definitely a common trait for us who have these common interests I have noticed.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101, Deleted member 44276, lilbabyjooce and 1 other person
BunnyPrincess said:
Just joined after lurking for along time, but I am also autistic and neurodivergent in other ways (ADHD, CPTSD, depression/anxiety and OCD). Being autistic and/or otherwise neurodivergent is definitely a common trait for us who have these common interests I have noticed.
Good Afternoon and welcome to the Group!
I am a 65 year-old Autistic 24/7 dydee wearer who also has Cerebral Palsy.
Yeah!
There a lot of us Autistics in/into diapers.
Been back in diapers for about 35 years now.

• Love
Reactions: BunnyPrincess
After having a long talk with my manager about having autism and what it is, I asked her If I could bring my Pacifier to work as it was great for stimming and self soothing.

Although a little taken aback by the request, She said she was fine with it and she would handle it if any one made fun of me.

So I'm very appreciative of that. Now its just a matter of working up the courage to actually do it, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, Deleted member 44276 and Omg301
Stargazer93 said:
After having a long talk with my manager about having autism and what it is, I asked her If I could bring my Pacifier to work as it was great for stimming and self soothing.

Although a little taken aback by the request, She said she was fine with it and she would handle it if any one made fun of me.

So I'm very appreciative of that. Now its just a matter of working up the courage to actually do it, lol.
Wow, where do you work? That's impressive.

Health care

Sorry but don't want to get too specific

Its a closed in office. No general public, so it would just be coworkers around me

Reactions: Omg301
Back