Little (Secret) Thrills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SleepyTyrant said:
light up shoes don't really count do they? o~o

I guess there's me pulling pallets with a jack at work. they're really heavy and my hands are on the jack behind me as i walk forward. i can't help but feel like a dinosaur as i pull em. owo

That reminds me I used to wear a pair of shoes that had those little wheels on the back. I actually couldn't believe I found shoes in my size that had those XD.

SleepyTyrant said:
light up shoes don't really count do they?

They totally do! Right after Adidas dropped the Yeezy Boosts, some Chinese knockoff brand on Amazon came out with $30 copies with light-up soles. Not exactly kiddy-looking, and the lights broke after only a month, but for that price I may have to get another pair for summer!

Other than those, my 'little thrill' is definitely my pajamas. I have a couple footed sleepers, but live with five friends, so wearing those around the house would raise a couple eyebrows. Luckily, my mom got me a matching set of fleece TMNT jammies, of which my housemates know I'm a huge fan. They've ribbed me for wearing them so often, to which I always reply "matching jammies are just 100 times more comfortable" :eek:

MarchinBunny said:
For some reason when I am drinking from a straw it also makes me feel little for some reason. I typically hold the cup with both hands as well which adds to that effect.
Oh yeah, perfect! Hmmm... cup with both hands .. I don't think I could do that non-obviously or I'd totally do that. It seems you could get a little thrill every day! That's why I like velcroing my shoes or my training pants ... it's a little thing I can see nearly everyday.

MarchinBunny said:
That reminds me I used to wear a pair of shoes that had those little wheels on the back. I actually couldn't believe I found shoes in my size that had those XD.

OMG heelies! I'm so jealous! I could never pull those off as an adult. I would totally love to have a pair of the girl's high tops in the 80's bright neon colors!!!

TheLittlestCoyote said:
They totally do! Right after Adidas dropped the Yeezy Boosts, some Chinese knockoff brand on Amazon came out with $30 copies with light-up soles. Not exactly kiddy-looking, and the lights broke after only a month, but for that price I may have to get another pair for summer!

Other than those, my 'little thrill' is definitely my pajamas. I have a couple footed sleepers, but live with five friends, so wearing those around the house would raise a couple eyebrows. Luckily, my mom got me a matching set of fleece TMNT jammies, of which my housemates know I'm a huge fan. They've ribbed me for wearing them so often, to which I always reply "matching jammies are just 100 times more comfortable" :eek:

Yup, yup, light up shoes and dino-playtime at work TOTALLY count! I don't know of any growups with light up shoes! *kinda jelly*

Cartoon jammies are a good too! I bet your room mates think you're really secure and mature to be wearing TMNT jams without shame! They're not wrong, just maybe not for the reasons they think!

Edit: Oh sorry, must of read that wrong. Please delete if required. *embarrassed*

Last edited:
DufusBear said:
I just love watching kids TV shows, sucking my thimb & cuddling my bear. I'm hoping to get another girly quilt cover (had to throw my other one out as I ruined it) so that I can complete the feeling a little more. Really want to wear kid like PJ's but I'm too big for most stuff unfortunately.

Not exactly what the thread is about. What is being talked about is things that are not inherently connected to being little, but gives you a similar feeling.

DufusBear said:
Edit: Oh sorry, must of read that wrong. Please delete if required. *embarrassed*

Oh, don't worry about it!

Little kids often get confused or jump to conclusions when reading ... so see you could even turn your mistake into an example if you'd like!

I have a door stopper that's basically a stuffed dog instead of just some heavy metal/rubber thingie...Well, I have that too, but for another door.My Little side just instantly wanted that dog one when I went out looking for door stoppers :3

SnowballFox said:
My Little side just instantly wanted that dog one when I went out looking for door stoppers :3

CUUUUTE!!! :nod nod:

I'm sure I've bought cuter stuff for me or for the family than would be ... normal? 'cause the little in me said WANT!

I've got a super heavy set of carhartt coveralls that make me feel really little, they are so thick and heavy that it makes walking difficult so I waddle like a toddler in a snowsuit. I've also got a set of footed pajamas that I wear every time it gets cold out.
One of my favorites is my "ABU changing the world" t shirt, it looks like any other t shirt with a logo so I can wear it out without anyone paying it any attention, but I always know ;)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ah! Heavy coveralls is great!

I'd never have the guts to wear an DL/AB shirt out ... even if I was sure only like minded would recognize it!

AdorableRabbit said:
Oh, don't worry about it!

Little kids often get confused or jump to conclusions when reading ... so see you could even turn your mistake into an example if you'd like!

I was in little mode, haha. Thanks for helping me feel a bit better. :)

I think I do this with clothes a lot. I have a big t shirt collection and along with my band shirts I have a bunch of shirts for things like Disney and Scooby Doo I wear all the time. I also have a drawer of cool socks. Some of my favorites are ones with ice cream and rainbow striped ones.

I always eat off of patterned plastic plates if I have the option. I have a Halloween one with skulls and spiders and crows that I adore. Same thing for bowls, I have lots of smaller cute kids bowls I use regularly.

DufusBear said:
I was in little mode, haha. Thanks for helping me feel a bit better. :)

*HUUUGS!*

olithecupcake said:
I think I do this with clothes a lot. I have a big t shirt collection and along with my band shirts I have a bunch of shirts for things like Disney and Scooby Doo I wear all the time. I also have a drawer of cool socks. Some of my favorites are ones with ice cream and rainbow striped ones.

I always eat off of patterned plastic plates if I have the option. I have a Halloween one with skulls and spiders and crows that I adore. Same thing for bowls, I have lots of smaller cute kids bowls I use regularly.

Yup, depending on your style you can get away with very childish shirts 'ironically'. *hee*

Oh the plates are an interesting idea... hmmm.... I hate eating off plastic though! *pout*

AdorableRabbit said:
Yup, depending on your style you can get away with very childish shirts 'ironically'. *hee*

Oh the plates are an interesting idea... hmmm.... I hate eating off plastic though! *pout*

I think I'm young enough that people don't think anything of it. Though, people do usually think I'm a teenager if they don't know me. I went in for a job interview recently and she asked how old I was. When I told her, she said "whoa really? I thought you were like 16-17". *shrugs*

They might make the plates in other materials, I'm not really sure though. The ones I use are a sort of hard plastic.

Yeah, I gotta look for kiddie plates in ceramic...

We do have some hard plastic (likely melamine) for our kiddos, but yeah... I don't like the feel!

There's some software we use at work called LabVIEW. You write programs with it using a drag and drop graphical interface, very much like Lego mindstorms. It's also very much for non-programmers, and a bit annoying to use (especially if you're used to typing C at 140 wpm). As a result, those of us "real" programmers often give the LabVIEW people grief by calling it "programming for preschoolers" or "baby's first development environment". I had the misfortune of having to work with it today and was feeling kind of annoyed. Then the jokes we make about it clicked, and it occurred to me that I could just embrace it and pretend like I was 8 and working on my Lego mindstorms set. Wasn't so bad after that.

olithecupcake said:
I think I'm young enough that people don't think anything of it. Though, people do usually think I'm a teenager if they don't know me. I went in for a job interview recently and she asked how old I was. When I told her, she said "whoa really? I thought you were like 16-17". *shrugs*

They might make the plates in other materials, I'm not really sure though. The ones I use are a sort of hard plastic.

People think I'm younger than I am too. Last year one of my dad's friends and his wife were over. When I'd walked away the wife apparently asked my mom how old I was. She thought I was about 14. I almost can't believe someone would guess that young. I was wearing my PAW Patrol overalls at the time, but still.

KimbaStarshine said:
People think I'm younger than I am too. Last year one of my dad's friends and his wife were over. When I'd walked away the wife apparently asked my mom how old I was. She thought I was about 14. I almost can't believe someone would guess that young. I was wearing my PAW Patrol overalls at the time, but still.

I used to get pretty offended by it, still do sometimes. Just shows how bad I am at acting like an adult, they just see the baby in me. I wish I was allowed to be seen as an adult sometimes.

Where did you get Paw Patrol overalls? That sounds awesome! But yeah, whoa 14 is really young of a guess. What'd she say when your mom told her?

KimbaStarshine said:

I used to get pegged as 5-10 years younger than my actual age. Being a guy, I finally got fed up with it and grew a beard, which at least makes people guess you're in your 20s in most contexts.

That said, the overalls will do a lot to throw that, especially if they have a cartoon character on them. If you're not really little, that tends to be associated with tween girls, so if you look older than that, people would peg you at 14-15.

olithecupcake said:
I used to get pretty offended by it, still do sometimes. Just shows how bad I am at acting like an adult, they just see the baby in me. I wish I was allowed to be seen as an adult sometimes.

Where did you get Paw Patrol overalls? That sounds awesome! But yeah, whoa 14 is really young of a guess. What'd she say when your mom told her?

I just bought regular overalls and attached an iron-on PAW Patrol applique of Chase I got from Etsy.

From what I understand, she first asked how old I was and when my mom told her she then said something along the lines of ''Oh, I thought she was about 14!''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back