Let’s get to know one another a little better!

InconLifer said:
Sorry to hear that. It was nothing short of a miracle that I managed to survive at secondary school without anyone finding out. There were times I well and truly thought the game was up.

It was a similar vibe with my parents. They lambasted me for daytime accidents when I was much younger but by the time I was at secondary school I guess they figured I was trying my best and so it just became one of those things and was never brought up. Looking back it was weird though, I mean, by the time I'd got to the sixth form and was still having accidents, I'd have thought they'd have said something. I mean, they got my suit dry-cleaned once a week (which must have been super pricey!) so they clearly knew something was up and were coming up with workarounds. My guess is they just didn't want to embarass me. I think I needed someone to say something though as I was miserable and the sixth form was a complete and utter nightmare as, as they weren't washing my school trousers every night like before I had to wear a suit, I was smelling super, super ripe come the Friday so would just get more and more paranoid as the week went on. I think it's staggering they got me a dry-clean only suit in the first place. Nothing was said though - I was too embarrassed to bring it up and they were probably too worried about how I'd react.
My folks were indifferent about my daytime wetting. It was my nightly bedwetting that annoyed the hell out of them. My mother did once threaten to send me to school in nappies but it never happened. Until I was about 10 I wet myself most days and usually had a wet patch in my shorts by the end of the day.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
1. Is your incontinence urinary, bowel, both, or neither?
Both.

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
Disposable diapers (tab) - 100%

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
Illness.

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
Not directly for incontinence but for underlying conditions with little to no help.

5. Does your incontinence (only) limit you from living a full and happy life?
No but have other limiting illnesses.

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Single.

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
Yes and yes.

8. What part of the world do you reside?
Ontario, Canada.

9. Do you find that this forum helps you deal with and/or manage your incontinence?
Yes.

Reactions: Lethdale, Diprs2, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
Is your incontinence urinary, bowel, both, or neither?
Urinary

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
Diaper 100%

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
Illness.

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
Tried and made it worst

No I live fully

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Divorce, children got a girlfriend

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
No because narcisstic family also ex wife

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

9. Do you find that this forum helps you deal with and/or manage your incontinence?
yeah it's cool to be normal

Reactions: Lethdale, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Urinary

Disposable tab diapers. 99% high quality medical diapers (abena, northshore supreme, megamax, betterdry). I wear 3-4 a day. I also wear boosters as needed. It gives me the flexibility change the boosters instead of the diaper.

Incontinent after being DL. Frequent UTI and cystitis scarred my bladder. Bladder is a fraction of the original size. I get severe pain and urgency when the bladder expands. Need to use the restroom several times an hour to relieve the pain. Diapers give me an option to live a full life without being forced to be near a bladder.

Many urologists and tests. All of them recommended a cystectomy (remove bladder) and create a neo-bladder with an ostomy bag. I did not want that and decided to go to pads then pullups and now diapers. Without diapers, I would have chosen the surgical route.

No limitations. I can adjust. I wear discreet diapers and clothing to hide the diapers. Its pretty easy to be discreet. I can play tennis, ski, and travel. My diapers are in a backpack in the car. I change frequently so if I can't change immediately because I am in public, its not a problem. I can change when its more convenient or at home.

Married with children

Yes, my wife is aware. My kids are not. My friends are not aware.

USA-California

Most definitely

10. I can’t think of anything else to ask. What else would you like to add?

Reactions: Lethdale, Diprs2, Neroforte and 1 other person
Urinary, sometimes both

Cloth backed TENA (NA) Super. I wear a male guard during the day just-in-case, else a pull-up/cheap brief if I fear diarrhea (IBS-d).

Incontinent after 20+ years of diabetes, due to nerve damage.

My GP concluded nerve damage. Still working on the IBS-d to see if there is a way to reduce or eliminate that.

So far, not too much limitation. However, the IBS-d has kept me from attending some functions.

Married with children

Wife knows and the children (adults) have been informed and may have forgotten. Mother, brother and one friend knows.

Southern Ontario, Canada.

Yes

It's been quite an adjustment in my life. The last thing I ever wanted to do was end up wearing diapers. I recently retired and did't consider myself old enough to be in this predicament, but here I am with a diaper stash and a collection of plastic pants. However, I have managed to attend sporting events for 4+ hours at a time and manage in a diaper.

Reactions: Lethdale, Diprs2, Pino and 4 others
Urinary only

McKesson Ultra Brief Heavy Absorbency with Plastic Pants.

I started having issues some time ago. But went into the hospital in 2020 with COVID I was in a Private room I do not know when I had to pee it was pee now not wait so I wet the bed. Nurses put diapers on me instead of changing the bed several times a shift. I came home and used Pull-Ups but gradually I went to diapers and plastic pants. :think:

They have checked my prostate and some other things and my doctor is aware also but he has avoided this issue. I have a meeting with him in Nov. 2023:oops:

Nope, I work go to church, and belong to a Vet's organization that I belong etc.;)

Married with children:)

Yes and yes sort of. I am not obvious about my wearing diapers and Plastic pants. The wife and my 40-year-old daughter know. I am not obvious about my diaper wear. o_O

USA-S.W. Michigan

YES!:rolleyes:

I have been incontinent now for going on 3 years. In Diapers and Plastic Pants now for about a year and a half. :whistle: Life goes on do not let your diaper wear and Incontinence let your life change any more than it already has carry with your life.:giggle:

Reactions: Lethdale, Diprs2, Subtlerustle and 2 others
Mostly urinary, but I do have bowel issues now and then.

I’m about 80% disposables and 20% cloth.

It’s due to nerve damage - when I was a teenager I got sick with a chronic illness which has messed up my nervous system. So I’ve been in diapers my whole adult life.

I’ve tried a whole bunch of drugs - only one that had some effect is Mirabegron, as it helps limit the number of accidents I have. But it doesn’t prevent them. I’ve had ultrasounds, urodynamics, the whole nine yards. They couldn’t find anything wrong with my bladder but they suggested botox injections. However I didn’t want to do that so I stayed in my diapers.

It’s had surprisingly very little impact on my life - I’m still able to work, in a job I love and have some kind of social life.

I’ve had a girlfriend for seven months, so early days but it’s gone well so far. She knows about my diaper needs and is very supportive.

Yes, my family and friends all know about my incontinence and they’re pretty accepting. However my girlfriend and a couple of close friends are the only ones I talk to about the subject in-depth.

United Kingdom

Yes, it helps a lot.

I’m also a wheelchair user as I have severe chronic pain in both legs. And yet I’m still very active, all things considered. It doesn’t stop me from doing much but it’s still hard to live with sometimes.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Lethdale, Neroforte and Subtlerustle
Ellyn said:
I posted the below questionnaire on an IC site that I used to frequent years ago and thought it would be interesting and fun to hear from y’al here! I’ll start out and share a little about myself and I hope y’all will copy/paste and share too!
I’ve shared more with those here than with my family over the past few years and many of you have helped me through many difficult issues. My personal weakness is depression, mostly related to incontinence and my unpleasant childhood memories, though I have found that opening up and sharing here has relieved many of the triggers that lead to that highly debilitating illness.
Both

Cloth: 30%, Disposable: 70%. I wear Tena Slip Ultima daytime for both function and discression.

Other - Some might class it as a birth defect, but since we are all unique, there can be no birth defect.

Yes.

No - I fully accept that diapers are my choice of underwear.

Confidential

None of their business. It is like asking me does my freinds / family dictate what under garments I wear - and the answer is no.

I was born in Ireland.

No, it tends to annoy me that some members here are so foolishly agressive, and that they expect, but will not accept some magic help from an online source. In my opinion, it is almost like they are behaving to suit the perceived infantile garment that they wear. The point is that they are making themselves angry for no valid reason - and throwing tantrums.

What we are given / have to handle in life is not a choice. The choice is how we deal with it. It can't be returned so we either fully accept it and make the best of it - and be happy that we are alive, OR we argue and fight with everyone until we die. The choice is ours.

@Ellyn
you use the phrase incontinence where the true term would be diaper dependant. Incontinence is the uncontrolled loss of bladder and/or bowel contents. Unless there is zero muscle movement where, for example, catherization and manual bowel evacuation is required on a reqular basis, there IS muscle movement which by definition, IS controlled. To some, it is autonomic - i.e. by reflex, but it is controlled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte and Ellyn
Nocturnal enuresis.

Currently disposable beneath a lined vinyl pant.

Had various levels of secondary nocturnal enuresis since early adulthood.

Doctor to confirm there was/is not an underlying medical issue.

No.

Married with child.

Far as I know only my wife knows at this time.

States.

Most definitely.

Not sure why, it's not diapers. But since consulting with a physician I’ve been more than fine with my return to bedwetting.

Reactions: Diprs2
Urinary only

Disposables 100% - but have some washable incontinence underwear I try to wear if the bladder is feeling strong and able to hold anything.

Illness of both prostate and general bladder weakening from other illnesses I've had

Many tests and some drugs, continue to see a urologist

No but I do tend to still hide this from most friends and all work people.

With a fantastic partner who accepts both my need and desire for diapers

My partner 100% knows, my other family no and most very close friends do know but not the rest of my friends.

Canada - Quebec

YES!

Reactions: Lethdale and Diprs2
1. OAB with urinary incontinence

2. 95 percent premium disposables (BetterDry), boosters and plastic pants. For skin health I go undiapered for a an hour or so each day, during which times I wear cotton blend briefs that look like regular underwear but are four layers thick (similar to training pants). Helps a little if I wet, but not much.

3. My severe OAB and urge incontinence is caused by Tarlov Cysts on my S3 sacral nerve root.

4. I have been treated by doctors...pharmacological and some minor surgical procedures.

5. I have been able to lead a full and happy life.

6. I am married with two grown daughters, one still in college and one married with a family.

7. My immediate family and some extended family know of my incontinence and diapers. They are all accepting of my incontinence and how I manage it.

8. USA - California

9. This forum is very helpful and is has the greatest longevity of any incontinence forum I have been a part of.

Reactions: Lethdale
Neither but IBS made it bowl up until i changed my diet and nerve issues are causing leaking

I've been wearing disposable pullups but prefer cloth. I'm thinking of making more cloth pads for the ecoable pull-up i got

IBS and nerve issues due to I'm not sure what but I'm thinking my back. Also the chemo and radiation didn't help my muscle tone

Only with the GI Dr the urinary side no but I'm trying to figure out the nerve issues

At the moment, no. When IBS was in full swing, yes.

Married no kids

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting? Sort of. Mom knows about the ibs and nerve issues but haven't said more. My sister and husband know though hubby knows most and yes.

USA- UT

YES!

10. I can’t think of anything else to ask. What else would you like to add

Urinary and a little bit of bowel

100% in tape on diapers 24/7

mine is due to illness as well as medical treatments

Yes, went through all the "normal" testing and medications as well as Botox injections into the bladder. Since nothing helped, it's diapers 24/7 and my doctors support me because they see I have a really good quality of life wearing and using diapers.

No it really hasn't in fact to me it's actually helped and made my life easier.

Married

I have only told a couple of family members and a few friends all on a need to know bases

USA- Indiana

Yes, things here and on other websites really has helped. Having others to chat with, learn about all the different diapers and supplies that are out there, it all has helped me have the quality of life I have.

urinary. Lifelong issues with bedwetting with varying intensities and causes. Currently OAB, and have a spinal sacral nerve implant which resolved the intensity of leakage by 90%

Before the implant I was in pads and thin pull ups every day depending on my activities and bathroom access. No longer NEED diapers at night but wore cloth and disposable every night for many years. When I use now, I like tabbed disposable.

OAB with unknown cause. PTSD related enuresis while sleeping.

Yes, pretty extensively. I have a Medtronic implant right now that has been life changing.

No. But it has impacted me for the negative - often in the form of increased anxiety.

Married, two kids under 15

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting? Wife yes. Parents sort of, I’ve disclosed a little. Couple friends know a little bit. Kids very minimally. Pretty much it’s a private matter.

USA in So. Cal.

YES! Absolutely. I’m also DL (not ageplay) so this has been a helpful place for me for many years.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Both. Urinary consistently, bowel varies from almost daily to once or twice a week.

95% disposable during the day, at work, or when out and about. Almost always a disposable covered by cloth and plastic pants at night. Even after dealing with this for several years, I'm still looking for the perfect solution and fear that I am not going to find it!

I have neurogenic bladder due to spinal issues. The spinal issues (stenosis, spondy, etc.) are likely a combination of genetics, sports injuries, and the cumulative effects of 30+ years of crawling though burning buildings and lifting/moving patients out of the worst possible places. If I could go back and talk to my rookie self, I'd say that firefighters are NOT, in fact, invincible, and to take care of my body better.

As @Ellyn says "Many tests. Many drugs. I discontinued all drugs due to unpleasant side effects affecting my quality of life." She pretty much sums it up, though I also had surgery that made things worse for a couple years. I have not sought medical help for the fecal IC. My wife wants me to, but I'm just not sure I want to go through the hassle at this point.

Not at all, though I obviously have to make allowances for it. Travel and events are a little more complicated, but I still do everything I did before.

Married with children and grandchildren

Yes. I'm sure more people know that I realize. My wife is pretty open with her family about things, so I'm guessing the in-laws know. Adult daughters know. If they didn't know before, when our oldest was using our washer and dryer until her new washer came in, I know she dried and folded several cloth diapers. And let's be real, it she knows, then of course our other daughter knows! I've told several friends an co-workers (primarily on a need to know basis) and it has never been an issue and I've never gotten a negative reaction from anyone, other than empathy that I have to deal with it.

USA- Northeast Ohio

YES!

Shortly after this started and it became obvious that it was no longer an occasional thing, my wife told me to "just wear a diaper and get on with your life." I have tried to live with that mantra ever since, and it has helped me deal with the drudgery of diaper life ever since. Yes, it gets frustrating, especially when I'd love to just go to bed and not have to get all diapered up, but generally I've chosen to "own it" and not worry about it.

Reactions: Lethdale, Pino and diaperdude
1. Urinary.
2. Disposable - Tena Slip Max active Fit
3. Wet the bed into my early teens then pretty reliably dry at night until a spinal injury aged 26 and nerve damage led me to wetting the bed every night thereafter and subsequently to day time incontinece. No wear adult nappies 24/7 and have no feeling of needing to go.
4. Yes. Loads of tests urodynamic and neurological. Tried various drugs in the early days to try and control my bedwetting, with limited success. Referred to the NHS continence service and since then have always worn disposable adult nappies. Tried cloth and plastic pants but found them not absorbent enough, very bulky and not practical.
5. It did to start with and I simply did not stay away and did not form any relationships for fear of having to tell them. Then I confided in a female friend when she inadvertently found me changing out of a wet nappy when I forget to lock the bathroom door! She was very supportive and understanding. Then I met my now wife of 30 years and told her at the outset of our relationship but she also knew that I had been injured when in the army. Now after 35+ years, I just get on with life and it has little effect other than the usual stresses of occasional leaks and changing when wet if out.
6. Married with grown up children
7. Immediate family and a couple of friends only.
8. UK
9. Yes. Just to share experiences and occasionally ask for advice.
10. I am so used to having to wear nappies now that I am not really even aware I am dong anything different and just treat them as my normal underwear.

Urinary - only at night currently

Currently just using MegaMax. Considering trying out cloth but haven't made the leap yet.

Other/unknown. Started up this summer and hasn't stopped.

More tests and money than I would like. Some drugs, no surgery. Pausing it all. Anything that they would do now would just be exploratory, expensive, and without a guarantee of finding anything. Right now it is just bedwetting and we know it isn't caused by anything dangerous like cancer, so we are keeping an eye to see if any new symptoms need to be followed up on.

No, in fact I am probably getting more/better sleep than I have had in the past few years. Used to get up 1-3 times a night and now I sleep through everything.

Married with children

My wife knows and is supportive. My son is too young to know. My wife has talked about it with her sister and mom so they know. I haven't told anyone on my side of the family.

USA- Va

It helps me maintain a bit of sanity, nice to be able to chat with people who are in similar situations and not feel alone or like the odd man out.

After a few months of diapering every night, it has become pretty normalized and is now just part of my bedtime routine. I still let it bother me during the day sometimes and end up just browsing this site as a way to keep from spiraling.

Urinary

Mostly cloth diapers and plastic pants. I do use disposables on occasions.

Illness and injury (bad car accident)

Yes. I have been on medication, had back surgery and had several test.

No. I just make sure I am prepared.

I am a widower

Yes and yes.

Texas Panhandle, USA

Yes. Thank you everyone for the support and help.

Urinary only

100% Disposable: I have tried many diaposables and now wear Abena Slip M4 and Abena M3 pants. I always wear plastic pants for extra protection.

I think age related. Maybe due to spinal surgery as well. Just working with Urologist now to understand what type on incontinence I have.

I am having tests now. I have a Urodynamics study this week. Not looking forward to it. I am taking medicine as well.

Nope, its only small. Wearing diaposables with plastic pants maybe over the top. However I like the security of them .

Married with children

Only my wife. Is accepting. I tried to keep it hidden, however when I wash my plastic pants I hang them to try in the bathroom and my wife sees them.

New Zealand

I am new and still looking at the forums.

I am a ABDL/Sissy. I started wearing prior to becoming incontinet. Luckly I like to wear disposables, so having some kind of incontinence is not to bad for me to accept.

Last edited:
Both, bowel is controlled by meds currently

Disposables with NS Eternadry booster pads

Diabetes, severe ibs-d,

Urinary: I have failed 3 medication, Vesicare, Trospium, and Mybrtriq.

Bowel: I am currently taking Welchol and low dose welbutrin

Before bowel meds, Yes. I couldnt go out and eat anywhere. Long car trips I starved. After meds, I can go out and eat with no issues. Bladder hasnt slowed me down with the exception of pools and hot tubs.

Married

Yes my wife is obviously, my sister in law as we stay there every year throughout the year and privacy can be an issue. She always make sure I have that. Better now that I have an RV on her land. My best fruend now knows and is supportive as well.

USA- MN

Yes, I find everyones personal views and struggles helpful.

Ive struggled with a bit of depression regarding becoming incontinent. Bowel was the biggest source to that, but, Im starting to accept and find the positives. Doctor appointments are getting a little less awkward.

Back