Let’s get to know one another a little better!

1. Is your incontinence urinary, bowel, both, or neither?
Nighttime urinary with some daytime urgency.

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
Overnight disposables (tab) and during the day if needed for a situation pull-ups.

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
Always had nighttime issues and a general weak bladder.

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
Yes as a kid and again in college went through all the testing. Nothing worked well and I didn’t like the drugs I tried.

5. Does your incontinence (only) limit you from living a full and happy life?
Makes trips a little more complicated but no.

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Single

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting? My mom knew when I was a kid obviously however I took over getting supplies when I was 16 so I assume she does not know now.

8. What part of the world do you reside?
USA - FL & MI (snow bird in your 30s is a good plan)

9. Do you find that this forum helps you deal with and/or manage your incontinence?
Yes

10. I can’t think of anything else to ask. What else would you like to add

Reactions: Lethdale
Urinary only during nighttime.

2. Are your diapers disposables (tab) , cloth, pull-ups, pads, combination (with percentage), or none?
Disposable pull ups (100%). My insurance can only give me so many, but because I use them nightly, sometimes I run out and I buy the cheapest ones I can at the store. That includes disposables with tabs. I'm not entirely picky.
I use pads if I'm going to be away from home for long periods during the day. But I don't tend to leave my house for long anymore.

3. Is your incontinence due to an accident, illness, birth defect, child birth, other?
I genuinely don't have much of an idea. I was told the issues I could have while sleeping could be because of anxiety. I had a doctor tell me it could be because I'm autistic. When I was young I tended to hold it as long as I could while I was awake because I equated asking to use the bathroom frequently to wetting the bed.

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc? Status?
I have, yes. I was on on medication years ago but that was less for incontinence and more to help my anxiety since that was what my doctor had thought the cause was. Since then I've had blood tests and ultrasounds on a few different occasions.

Not as much as it used to. I'll say it still my main concern when traveling or staying somewhere that isn't home.

6. Are you single, married, engaged, sharing your life with a partner? Children?
Single

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
My immediate family knows and are accepting for the most part.

Massachusetts USA

9. Do you find that this forum helps you deal with and/or manage your incontinence?
I'm not sure yet, I'll have to give it some time.

10. I can’t think of anything else to ask. What else would you like to add?
These questions made me stop to think about where I currently am, and I'll admit, it got me a little emotional. I know that may be a silly thing to say, but I am truly still nervous about talking about my incontinence and other interests and struggles that go along with it. I'm trying very hard to be more accepting and open with myself about it. it's something that makes me embarrassed to talk about, but I know talking about it with others who understand can make it easier.

Reactions: Lethdale, bdale, HappyCamper and 1 other person
Ok. My turn ...

Thankfully, urinary only

Cloth: 75%, Disposable: 25%. For cloth, my go to is Dependeco (shoutout to Monika the owner). For travel (which is a lot), my disposable choice is NS.

Medical accident. A hip replacement surgery at 36 (yes, I was a young one). The replacement was/is great. The incontinence result was not! 🤯

Everything you could imagine: poked, probed, pictured, medicated. Strictures found and taken care of, but no lasting continence effects. Did try acupuncture at one point. It actually did help. Was dry for a couple of years. But then a really bad UTI reset me back to incon.

Oh golly no. By all accounts, I think I am "normal". Ok: going thru TSA is sometimes a pain. But I get the last grin when they "goose me" and realize what they are feeling! :ROFLMAO:

Married with grown children.

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally accepting?
Yes and yes. We travel with others. And when we are in close quarters, I don't want any *surprises* with our friends/family. So yah, some know.

USA & Costa Rica (split time).

I'm starting to see the benefits of this forum (love it!).

After the initial shock of "omg, I can't control myself anymore ...", I've just come to the point of acceptance. Yes, I have a slightly different "underwear" than others, but nothing more than a person with eyeglasses or an arm cast to heal a broken bone. I have a device (yes, a diaper) to make me socially acceptable and keep clothing/furnishings dry. And diapers allow me to be normal (or so I like to think).

Reactions: elaleman, Lethdale, bdale and 2 others
illness.

Urinary only

Cloth: 25%, Disposable: 75%.

Birth defects/nerve issues. Bed wetting for the first 19 years, then dry. Bed wetting and day accidents began in my later 30’s.

Yes. Some drugs, but the side effects were too much and i had always wanted to be able to wear diapers anyway.

No.

Married with children

My wife, yes. Only a couple friends. All generally accepting.

USA- Washington State

YES!

Fun exercise, thank you to the OP!

Reactions: Lethdale
Neither (daily underwear)

Disposable
Tykables , str8up white and blue, overnights, waddler, animooz, soon to be tighty whities as well on my next order.

N/A but I do suffer from chronic constipation where if I need to I’ll mess my diaper so I don’t loose the opportunity to go number 2. If I hold it even for the slightest bite my body looses the urge to go number 2

N/A

Nope, other than trying to hide the extra supplies you need to carry around. (Diaper bag)

Married with children

Wife is ok with me wearing. She don’t understand it but she’s ok with it.
Same goes with my mom. There the only 2 that’s knows

USA Pittsburgh Pa

YES!

Diapers have become a way of life for me. I’ve tried a couple times to quit them but I can’t. They make me to happy

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Urinary, mainly at night

Disposable

Incontinence is due to nerve damage that occurred as a side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old.

I've seen many doctors and tried a number of drugs, none of which helped.

No.

Married.

My doctors, close family and a very few close friends are the only people who know. All are accepting.

Southern Ontario, Canada.

Yes.

Urinary only

Disposables(plastic backed with tabs): 90~95%, Cloth: 5~10%. BetterDry is my protection of choice. When it's hot in summer I do enjoy the more cooling feeling of cloth diapers, especially at night.

Not entirely clear. It is roughly a combination of a detrusor/sphincter dysfunction and neuregenic issues. It took some years to fully degrade into full IC.

The whole palette. Nothing of noteworthy improvement so I discontinued them to avoid side effects.

Ofc it limits. Not in the mood to go to a gym or swimming or other stuff that involves undressing and/or wearing less clothes.

Single and no children that I'm aware of.

A yes to both which I'm very grateful for.

Germany / NRW

Definitely yes

After 10 years of total UIC I'm quite at peace with my condition. But once in a while it still upsets me.

Cheers

Reactions: elaleman, Lethdale, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
Urinary only

Disposable: 100% Tena slip proskin, maxi and Ultima. I get them for free.

Illness, diagnosed with Interstitial cystitis

Lots of tests, and lots of drugs. I discontinued all drugs due to unpleasant side effects and zero effect. Ialuril helped with the bladder pain to some degree.

No, other than issues with going to the beach but I manage with a pad if it’s a long walk, otherwise, well my shorts will get wet anyway.

Married with children

Yes and yes. Obviously, it’s impossible to hide incontinence from those in your household, including children. I’m Very careful to keep my personal issues private around most others.

Denmark

YES!

I have been dealing with OAB symptoms for years, but managed with timed voiding and pads, was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis via urodynamics and bladder biopsies in summer 2023, because they suspected cancer due to an small amount of blood in my urine and my frequency went through the roof combined with agonizing pain in my bladder, this was last summer, I have been fully urinary incontinent since the onset of IC, I was given ialuril as an option of hopefully restoring the GAG layer in my bladder, it worked out somewhat positive, but I get strong urges out of the blue still, and it’s painful to try and hold my bladder. So, I’m okay with diapers as they allow me to live my life, and working on seeing the positive in wearing diapers. Singlehand sailing now is much more manageable..

Reactions: LifeInPlastic, Edgewater, Pino and 1 other person
UIC only, mostly daytime. Beginning to think that night diapers would give me better sleep.

Disposable mostly. Will use more cloth in the coming years.

Other

Oh hell... So many tests, drugs and the poking/prodding. These forking doctors have no idea just how invasive they are. I am content to manage my IC with diapers.

No. Now that I have accepted it, I no longer let it control my actions or attitudes.

Married, children

Some, sort of. My wife knows, adult kids might.

USA

Too soon to tell - recently joined. Other forums I've been a part of for years have been very helpful.

Hi.

Reactions: Edgewater
Urinary at night

Disposable: 100%. I use plastic pants or terry lined plastic pants when wetting is heavy or I need to be sure I don't leak.

Mixed causes - OAB, deep sleep, neuro

Lots of consultations, alarms, drugs over the years but no great success

With protection and planning I can do pretty much anything I want

Married no kids

Yes and yes.

UK

Yes

My bedwetting was emotionally difficult as a kid and teen but as an adult I came to realise it is just a part of who I am

• Love
Bedwetting only

85% Abri-san 11 pads in a plastic pant with a cotton-spandex pull up brief to hold leaks. 15% cloth diaper in a plastic pant, for times when the pad is not sufficient.

I've been a bedwetter all my life. I have a neurological condition that causes me to lose control of a full bladder when asleep.

The whole battery of urological tests and sleep tests. MRIs and CAT scans of the brain, spine and urinary tract.

When I was young, before the neurological condition was diagnosed, doctors prescribed the usual drugs. They didn't help.

An anticonvulsant reduced the frequency of wetting. However, it had unpleasant side effects. I was still wetting a couple of times a week, so I still needed to wear a diaper. So I stopped taking it.

My bedwetting has never bothered me or kept me from doing anything I wanted. I wasn't even bothered by it when I was a teenager. I knew that it didn't mean that I was immature or infantile.

It never affected my love life or sex life.

Married with children

My wife is aware and completely accepting.

My mother was completely accepting. She made my diapers until I was at university. She knows I still wet the bed. My father was a teen-age bedwetter; he was accepting.

My father-in-law is a doctor and my mother-in-law is a nurse. My father-in-law is completely accepting. My mother-in-law unfortunately got her nursing degree when the accepted wisdom was that bedwetters were either lazy or acting out for attention.

My children don't know.

USA

Yes.

I am not AB or DL.

Last edited:
Urinary only. At the moment it's just OAB with a touch of urge incontinence, but it has slowly gotten worse over the years

Disposable. I've tried pretty much everything over the years and disposable are the best

Illness

Not really. I saw a urologist once, but they weren't really helpful

Nope

Single

My best friend is. It was his encouragement that led to me going full time and it's been a great decision

USA-Massachusetts

Haven't been here long enough to know

I am a HUGE wrestling fan, have been to 7 WrestleManias and was supposed to go to 36, but COVID. I was also supposed to go to Tokyo for WrestleKingdom 2021, but, again, pandemic.

Urinary only

Northshore MegaMax and Go Supremes with booster pads

A whole lot of "other"! At age ten I was raped and sodomized by 6 men. (they even signed their work with felt pens). Different times as my parents were too embarrassed to do anything. That led to occasional uncontrolled muscle movements, shaking, incontinence and about 20 years of very self-destructive behavior. Now at age 65 I have 3 types of arthritis, an overactive bladder and prostate issues to go along with my screwed-up liver.

Yes, me and the urologist are quickly becoming besties. Got another Hydro test coming up as he wants to sell me on surgery

Well when your clavicle is pushing into your throat causing a lot of pain and nausea, incontinence isn't much of a factor

Married, but no children as I have always been scared of who I might become.

Wife and sister only as not so many friends left. They are kind of accepting, but are always optimistic

We live in Washington DC, and I always finish that with, I am very sorry but I didn't do it! We are very much trying to leave but finding medical is becoming a real problem

Yes, I've gotten more info from this site than from any doctors, and nobody here bills me, ridicules me, or ignores me!

I have found that many times in life a single person whom you may not even really know can make all the difference in the world. It can be a small innocent interaction or a major life-saving event. I just always try to remember "there but for the grace of God go I". And never say "it can't get any worse"!

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater, sport1 and Ellyn
Braindead said:
Urinary only

Northshore MegaMax and Go Supremes with booster pads

A whole lot of "other"! At age ten I was raped and sodomized by 6 men. (they even signed their work with felt pens). Different times as my parents were too embarrassed to do anything. That led to occasional uncontrolled muscle movements, shaking, incontinence and about 20 years of very self-destructive behavior. Now at age 65 I have 3 types of arthritis, an overactive bladder and prostate issues to go along with my screwed-up liver.

Yes, me and the urologist are quickly becoming besties. Got another Hydro test coming up as he wants to sell me on surgery

Well when your clavicle is pushing into your throat causing a lot of pain and nausea, incontinence isn't much of a factor

Married, but no children as I have always been scared of who I might become.

Wife and sister only as not so many friends left. They are kind of accepting, but are always optimistic

We live in Washington DC, and I always finish that with, I am very sorry but I didn't do it! We are very much trying to leave but finding medical is becoming a real problem

Yes, I've gotten more info from this site than from any doctors, and nobody here bills me, ridicules me, or ignores me!

I have found that many times in life a single person whom you may not even really know can make all the difference in the world. It can be a small innocent interaction or a major life-saving event. I just always try to remember "there but for the grace of God go I". And never say "it can't get any worse"!
I’m so sorry and saddened to have read of your ordeals! Turn it over to God and allow His grace to lift you. It’s wrong for us to wish bad things onto others but everyone answers to God in the end here.
I wish for you peace, good health, and happiness.

Reactions: diaperdude and Edgewater
Mainly bladder occasional bowel although I have had bowel issues most of my life

disposables (tab) plastic backed Abena Abri-Form L4 with a booster pad and occasionally plastic pants with underpads on my bed

I was a bedwetter as a child I have had bowel issues most of my life and I am permanently urinary incontinent after injuries in a car crash

4. Have you been treated by medical doctors for your incontinence? Tests, drugs, surgery, etc?
yes many tests there was a time they tried Impramanine for my bedwetting didn't help, and now I am diapered 24x7

no, I have learned to live with it

single almost got married twice but both of my fiancés passed away before we got married

7. Are your immediate family members and/or close friends aware of your incontinence? Generally, accepting?
my family knew about my bedwetting and soiling issues but most of my family is gone now
no, they were not accepting I was teased and bullied by my brothers my mother would constantly punish and threaten me with diapers but there weren't a whole lot of youth diaper choices in the 70's when she found some that fit they were a total failure so she gave up on them

USA

not really I find IT a little bit helpful but I find that there are a few AB/DLs WHO completely forget that this forum is also for those with incontinence and not everyone here is AB/DL

I am not AB or DL.

Urinary only. Bowel once in a great while.

Tab-style disposable 100%. Tried pull-ups, but how do you change that? Tried pads but not enough capacity and they move around. Tried external cath but had some really bad blow-outs.

Birth defects / neurogenic bladder / chronic voiding dysfunction leading to UT damage.

Many tests. Tried medications. Did not try them for long as the side effects were worse than the problem and was not 100% effective anyway. Surgery offered but declined.

Day-to-day, not at all. Travel requires more planning and I still don't have a good solution for the beach. But I love both so I make it work.

Married with children

All family knows; no need to hide it. I'm private about it around others although my close friends know. Nobody has ever been negative about it.

USA - West Michigan

I've been IC so long that I really don't think about it any more, and it did not seem like something I would need to talk about. But it has been good to open up and share ideas and hear from others.

I started and ran XP Medical for 13 years and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: nectar0001 and Edgewater
Urinary only

At Home - Depends Pull ups Real Fit Quick Errands - Depends Pull Ups Night Defense Bed and to Work I wear Tranq Tape with a onsie.

Illness

Many Dr appointments, meds. Done with it ..

No not really

Single

I have NO family my Best Friend knows

USA-Spartanburg, SC

Yes but it also makes me feel more lonely .. really want to meet people in person

Hello

Unfortunatly both.

Abena M4, better dry & insert pads.

Birth defect.

Yes, many doctor visits when i was young, alot of testing and trying, even surgery but still incontinent.

I would like to say it doesn't but it does impact life. I am happy (most of the time) and just try to make the best of it with the cards i got dealt.

Single, no children. It is hard for me built up relationships due to my condition.

My family and friends know, being life long incontinent i was not able to keep it secret. Especially when i was younger word tended to get out at some point about me. Most people are generally accepting, it is not something you normally have a choice in, people tend to feel bad for me.

I am from The Netherlands.

Yes, talking about it helps me, and I hope others as well.

Not sure, let me know if you ever want to talk...

Urinary only

Disposable diapers and sometimes pads

Accident, a surgeon damaged a nerve on my spine

The nerve got damaged so bad that there is barely anything left to do

Nope, im fine but the bulge sometimes makes a bit embarassed

i dont know. on and off

Yes and yes. Some are even IC aswell due to age

Germany

Mostly yes

bigboysven said:
Urinary only

Disposable diapers and sometimes pads

Accident, a surgeon damaged a nerve on my spine

The nerve got damaged so bad that there is barely anything left to do

Nope, im fine but the bulge sometimes makes a bit embarassed

i dont know. on and off

Yes and yes. Some are even IC aswell due to age

Germany

Mostly yes
How do I put that form so I can fill it out?

Back