"Involuntary" Purge of My Plush Toys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Please please please tell me La-la Lamb was saved! If not, sorry for your loss.:hug:

"La-La" Lamb had to go.:wallbash:

But, I will eventually get a new one perhaps for my birthday next month.

Fire2box said:
[video=youtube;Mju-Yx-_TmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mju-Yx-_TmE[/video]

And now I have to go watch a few more youtube videos to regain hope in humanity.

ok this is to the OP. The only way to get rid of a bedbug infestation is to have a exterminator come over and heat treat your residence. I know because this happened to me just this last summer. What they will have to do is subject your apartment to extreme temperatures to kill them. If you have not done this yet caitianx then there is a high probability that you still have them. I know this because that is what I was told by my landlord and they are required by law to do this. What has to be done is you get some clothes together and sterilize everything your going to need because you can't go back to your residence while they are doing this for at least half a day. this is the only way to stop the infestation according to my landlord who said they where required by law to handle this that way to avoid the infestation from getting into other's apartments because it was my neighbors infestation that spread to mine.

If anyone does not believe me ask a landlord who runs a apartment complex and/or a exterminator along with a doctor because of the health risks involved with a bed bug infestation. I am allergic to them and if I did not do that heat treatment I would have continued to have worsening hives and most likely go into anaphylactic shock and died eventually from it.

I would freakout if I had any kind of bed bug infestation and I would feel sad and I might cry if I had to get rid of any of my plushies. From what I know if you keeping a place clean and well kept will reduce any kind of bug problem that may occur. I would recommend exterminating them immediately.

tall2826 said:
I would freakout if I had any kind of bed bug infestation and I would feel sad and I might cry if I had to get rid of any of my plushies. From what I know if you keeping a place clean and well kept will reduce any kind of bug problem that may occur. I would recommend exterminating them immediately.

I did not want to say this but it was entirely possible you could save your plushies in even a severe infestation. You see when they come to heat treat the residence they will subject the entire place to 150 temperatures for 4 hours and if your plushies are made of something that does not melt it will be fine. About the only other way I can imagine that you could kill a infestation would be to use radiation but that has it's own problems to. The reason why you would not want to come back to the residence until the next day is because the heat will not be immediately fatal to the bugs but only make them so sick they are going to be terminally ill for a while before dying. Essentially you want to remove any pets as well as yourself from the residence because your removing their only food source after making them extremely sick. Usually you want this taken care of as soon as possible when you confirm there is in fact a infestation because the longer you wait the worse it gets. Your right about the whole keeping the place clean though. You see the infestation I got was the result of a hoarding situation from a neighbor apparently and because of their mess the bugs moved in and the infestation was so severe that it spread through the walls to my place. If someone lives like a slob I can care less until it effects me. Near as far as I can tell the landlord threatened to evict him if he did not get his crap together and apparently he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back