I'm regretting this extreme binge...please help.

ShyGirl91 said:
Oh man, I felt a light dopamine high just reading that! šŸ« 
Saying I've done it several times is an understatement, this one is like a year ago on amazon I saw a Oliver and Company Rita plushie I was looking for for a while (fav character from that movie btw) didn't even look at the price just bought her. Later see that with shipping she cost me $225. I was frustrated with myself then but I still have her and love her. More recently, on my profile here those plushies I have discussed recently Daisy and Dreamy they were a build a bear binge and I'm borderline on getting a christmas bear.

Reactions: ShyGirl91 and AttilaThePun
AttilaThePun said:
I bought some Abri-Form Comfort level 4 diapers, too - but only 2 cases.
I actually bought 8 cases total lol...

2 though I sent to another member here and special friend of mine. Actually, I didn't tell him how much I sent, so unless he finds this post it'll be a surprise :p

I guess staying with the theme of the thread and what I mentioned earlier, even though my buy was kind of huge, I will use them all and buy less more costly diapers over time. That credit card will just be kind of upside down for a bit though.

Reactions: mistykitty, ShyGirl91 and AttilaThePun
Done it several time with the BunnyHops on ABU to, but I know I will get enjoyment out of wearing/using them so it helps. Everyone makes purchases more then they mean to sometimes the big thing is realizing that it's ok to enjoy that stuff and not feel guilty about it.

Reactions: ShyGirl91 and AttilaThePun
Bearcatz said:
I actually bought 8 cases total lol...

2 though I sent to another member here and special friend of mine. Actually, I didn't tell him how much I sent, so unless he finds this post it'll be a surprise :p

I guess staying with the theme of the thread and what I mentioned earlier, even though my buy was kind of huge, I will use them all and buy less more costly diapers over time. That credit card will just be kind of upside down for a bit though.
The tricky part is to not lose your purchase savings to the interest charges. šŸ«¤

Reactions: ShyGirl91 and FeistyPants
mistykitty said:
Done it several time with the BunnyHops on ABU to, but I know I will get enjoyment out of wearing/using them so it helps. Everyone makes purchases more then they mean to sometimes the big thing is realizing that it's ok to enjoy that stuff and not feel guilty about it.
Beating yourself up for the purchase doesn't get the money back. May as well enjoy what's already been bought!

Reactions: mistykitty and ShyGirl91
Svenmaok said:
Lol i found a seller on amazon that sells 168ct abena M4s and for like 325$ i bought them and a bunch of others and then lost my job. i feel u
I'm so sorry! šŸ˜”

Reactions: AttilaThePun
sissygirlpink said:
Hello,

We all make silly purchases at times.

My partner knows I like to dress up at times so sheā€™s not surprised when I have some parcels arrive.

She doesnā€™t know about my little girl side and when I have a binge of little girl stuff, my biggest worry is all the parcels arriving. Best laid plans and timing, they donā€™t arrive to plan. The number of times Iā€™ve nearly been caught out with littleforbig nappies, frilly or printed plastic panties, pacifiers, baby girl clothes and dresses I canā€™t count.

I have the regret from the moment I press the button to buy. Once or twice Iā€™ve cancelled the order via Amazon but others I couldnā€™t.

I start to think of excuses and alike but I just know Iā€™ll get caught out one day, maybe subconsciously thatā€™s what I want. In the mean time the fear and panic is almost paralysing.

Recently Iā€™ve become much more selective and careful about how and when I buy and also try to be content with being a big girl. Luckily that involves dressing as a schoolgirl or little girl maybe 6 or 7 but no nappies or baby pants with my partner.

I do dream that one day she might suggest some training panties or precautions for her little girl. I think the chances are Bob Hope and no hope but we can dream.

Just be careful and recognise the cost of binge when you are struggling to hide stuff is purging and thatā€™s when you get depressed about all of the lovely things you let go and you have further regret.

I guess itā€™s about being conservative and breaking the cycle.

Touch wood I seem to have done that and all but my little stuff is open in my wardrobe which she has open access to.

That came with a price of coming out to her which could of been disastrous but actually, sheā€™s been great I just regret not having done it sooner.

I hope some of that helps.

Jenny x ā¤ļø
Thank you. I'm glad you have a supportive partner, that she is open to your big girl side. It sounds like at one time that you might not have thought that would be possible. Could you, perhaps, be wrong that she wouldn't accept your little side, too? šŸ©·

Reactions: AttilaThePun
FeistyPants said:
I've just done exactly the same @ShyGirl91 ... impulsively bought a whole load of diapers I shouldnt have on my credit card. I'm upset at myself because I've resisted all weekend and then fell at their "you forgot something" email. All for 15% off.

But I know damn well I'm going to use the diapers, every last one of them, because it makes me feel so much better & safer & happier when I do ... so i'm trying to get over it. I'll instead try and make my credit card harder to use, and start paying it off yet again

I guess you know that intense focus on different kinks/hobbies and impulsive purchases are symptoms of adhd? I have it for sure, and whilst I dont blame it for my screw ups, i have to remember its not a level playing field with the people who can just decide not to buy things rationally :)

Dont be hard on yourself, and enjoy your purchases šŸ’–
Noooo, not the 15% off hook! šŸ„²šŸ„¹
I'm gonna see what I can do to prevent myself from making future purchases myself. Thank you for your encouragement! šŸ˜Š

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Sealander and FeistyPants
Sealander said:
Just want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I've been there. I honestly get a bit of a thrill out of irresponsible purchases, ABDL and otherwise... something I need to work on. Some of my past purchases still haunt me a bit. Lots of good advice in here. šŸ¤—
It's definitely a thrill while I'm throwing things in the cart šŸ˜‚ such a dopamine high šŸ«  then the damage leaves me weak at the knees šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« and frail at the heart ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹ LOL.

It's comforting knowing I'm not alone. šŸ©·

Reactions: AttilaThePun, FeistyPants, mistykitty and 1 other person
AttilaThePun said:
There's a reason the phrase "retail therapy" exists! The hard part is not to let it create real disaster. This time of year, the sales everywhere can be very tempting, for all kinds of merchandise. One big purchase binge on sale can actually save some cost in the long run, if it's for things you'd have bought anyway.
Yes, I fell for that sales trap; however, you make a good point! A lot of the stuff I got, I really did get good deals on and it's stuff my littles will use!

Reactions: AttilaThePun, mistykitty and Sealander
Sealander said:
I'm such a sucker for sales. I get serious FOMO and feel like I have to buy because the item may never be available again at that price.
I felt this! šŸ˜…

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Sealander
mistykitty said:
Saying I've done it several times is an understatement, this one is like a year ago on amazon I saw a Oliver and Company Rita plushie I was looking for for a while (fav character from that movie btw) didn't even look at the price just bought her. Later see that with shipping she cost me $225. I was frustrated with myself then but I still have her and love her. More recently, on my profile here those plushies I have discussed recently Daisy and Dreamy they were a build a bear binge and I'm borderline on getting a christmas bear.
I bet you nearly had a heart attack. But I'm glad you still love her! Sounds like it was worthwhile! šŸ©·

Reactions: AttilaThePun and mistykitty
ShyGirl91 said:
I bet you nearly had a heart attack. But I'm glad you still love her! Sounds like it was worthwhile! šŸ©·
Came pretty close but yes it was worth it.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and ShyGirl91
Everyone here has experienced that to some extent. No matter how much we make we all seem to go overboard sometimes and have byers regret. If you can not return them I say enjoy the hell out of them. You will figure it out. God is good and he is not going to Judge you for what underwear you choose to wear or how much money you spent o them. You will only be judged only on your works unto him. How many opportunities you had to spread his works ad did not. If you believe in Jesus then all your other sins are washed Away. Not that buying diapers are a sin.. You will not ad a single day to your life by worrying. That is scripture in the bible... I forgot the verse now. I am not saying be careless but what is done is done.

delete your credit cards from all auto fill as suggested is very smart advise.

• Love
Reactions: TeeMousy, AttilaThePun, Sealander and 1 other person
I have got where I was depressed and started to spend way to much on other things. As for the diaper part lot of us has gone through the binge and purge of diapers. You are not alone

Reactions: AttilaThePun and ShyGirl91
Diaperman95 said:
Everyone here has experienced that to some extent. No matter how much we make we all seem to go overboard sometimes and have byers regret. If you can not return them I say enjoy the hell out of them. You will figure it out. God is good and he is not going to Judge you for what underwear you choose to wear or how much money you spent o them. You will only be judged only on your works unto him. How many opportunities you had to spread his works ad did not. If you believe in Jesus then all your other sins are washed Away. Not that buying diapers are a sin.. You will not ad a single day to your life by worrying. That is scripture in the bible... I forgot the verse now. I am not saying be careless but what is done is done.

delete your credit cards from all auto fill as suggested is very smart advise.
You are totally right. I have a background of spiritual abuse and trauma from it. I 100% believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God who died on the cross, was buried, and rose three days later to pay for the sins of the world, which includes mine. And that by faith alone in Him alone I belong to Him forever. šŸ©· thank you for this much needed reminder!

Yes will delete all auto fill! Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun and Diaperman95
babyjoe698 said:
I have got where I was depressed and started to spend way to much on other things. As for the diaper part lot of us has gone through the binge and purge of diapers. You are not alone
Thank you. It's comforting to know I'm not alone.
Depression can be a bitch, yeah?

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diaperman95, mistykitty and 1 other person
ShyGirl91 said:
Today is Cyber Monday. I decided to go to my favorite online store and proceeded to make the single most insanely ridiculous binge/splurge I've had to date at one time.

My parts were so excited about what they will soon get but once the transaction went through, I suddenly felt sick and had a panic attack.

Thoughts like, "How could you do this?", "You can't afford this, wtf were you thinking?", "How stupid can you be?", "You should feel ashamed", "You should feel guilty for enjoying any of this that you just bought", "God is angry at you", "God is going to take your parts away from you because of this", "You went overboard and this is a problem and God is going to take your parts away", etc.

And I feel like bawling. I do want to feel free to enjoy these items even though I had no business doing what I did. I'm trying to move in the next year. I haven't touched my savings and am just paying what I can on the credit card.

I'm trying to get out of this town. Life is shaky and unstable and feels way out of control right now. Not that I can control every aspect of my life. Just feels so unstable. My emotions, my lack of routine in the big change that's happened in my world, and in trying not to break sobriety and keep clean from alcohol and drugs, I end up doing stuff like this...binging on stuff I don't need. It's like it's own high.

Has anyone else spun out of control in binging and regretted it? Had thoughts like this? If so, did you ever end up enjoying what you bought despite the splurge?
First of all, yes, I have beaten myself up many times over purchases I have made. Some of which I still was able to enjoy once things settled down, others not so much. I still have not come to terms with the car I purchased even I managed to pay it off, and all my friends tell me they like it. But when you said God is angry at you for making this purchase, I feel the need to respond. I don't know what your beliefs are, but I want to assure you God is not waiting for you to make a mistake so he can be mad at you. With Christmas approaching it is a good time to remember what it is about. At least what it is about to me. It is the birth of Jesus (Immanuel), the Saviour. Any anger that God has was taken care of by him. Put your trust in that and let not your heart be troubled.

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diaperman95, ShyGirl91 and 1 other person
ShyGirl91 said:
It's nice to know I'm not alone. šŸ©· thank you for your encouragement and support. šŸ«¶
We have all done this at one time or another but you should just enjoy your purchase and be happy. Manage your cards and don't order again until you get the balance down. Put aside even a small amount each week for your "moving fund" it will; add up soon enough. I am the owner of hundreds of plastic pants and cloth diaper pants, some purchased just the same way and I always regretted it at first but when things arrived it made me happy and I was glad in the long run.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diaperman95, ShyGirl91 and 1 other person
Over time, the concept of never letting one's reach exceed their grasp became one which took time and consequence for me to fully appreciate. Life circumstances further firmed things up.

Many suggestions here were good, such as deactivating AutoFill: sometimes, those 30 seconds it buys you in making you hand-enter after deactivating it are all you need to get your right-brain flung into action. The job of commerce is to find ways to separate you from your money--and as much as possible--and to counter your psychological defenses. To make it fun. To induce guilt. To trigger your reward responses.

But when it's all over, it's not their problem you're short on rent...or food. They just say "caveat emptor, baby" and move on. Sometimes you just gotta flip 'em off, tell 'em "no".

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diaperman95, ShyGirl91 and 2 others
Back