If someone just likes babyfur art does it make that person a furry?

Chriske

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I have asked it on Reddit but I only got 2 answers. one of them said I am not a furry I just have a kink other said yes I am a furry.

Its very hard for me to decide if I'm a furry or not. But it would be very important, at least for me. Im going to copy my question from Reddit, I hope its not against the rules here.

please help me to find an answer to this problem.

"
I am a little ( adult baby ) and I really like babyfur, comics of babyfur characters, tales of babyfur characters, adult furry characters who are turned into a baby or small child again, regression etc... I also support a few artists on Patreon.

I can't draw I wish I could cause I would draw cute babyfur art all day :D Sadly my skills are worse than a 3 year olds XD

I don't have a fursuit and I'm not planning to get one. It's expensive. (but I wouldn't mind one actually) I don't even have a fursona but if I had one it would be a cute 4 or 5 years old fox cub for sure.

So, do you think I can call myself a furry even if I don't have a fursona and actually I just really like to read/look at babyfur?

Oh, and a very important thing! I am NOOT into yiff and yiffing to babyfur is an insult for me. I know I should be more accepting but that is something which really crosses the line in my eyes...."

I also want to add to this question that it wouldn't be so bad to be a real anthropomorphic fox cub with ears and fur and a tail. It would be super and sometimes I have dreams of me being an anthropomorphic fox cub and playing in the beach with other cubs.

I also want to state that I'm into cartoons, animation and games with anthropomorphic animal characters. Like Sonic The Hedgehog, Ratchet and Clank games, and some silly phone games etc...

If you enjoy anthropomorphic representations of animals then techicaly you are a furry.

All the other stuff such as yiff and fur suits are that as well but you don't have to be interested in them to be considered a furry.

If you Google the definition of furry it will state "a Fandom in which members are interested in anthropomorphic animals" anything beyond that is personal preference.

I see your sonic avatar, furries are always debating if that Fandom is the same as furry.

I would say this is really up to you, if you feel you are a furry you are, if you don't you are not, other people's opinions are of little importance 😌

Reactions: mistykitty, Cottontail, lulu22 and 2 others
Look at it this way, A fan of the Star Trek can be called a "Trekie". To what degree do they have to be a fan? Really, if they like any of the movies, or shows or any of the sources of media they could be called a Treckie. You dont have to have a Starfleet uniform or go to conventions to enjoy it. Being a furry is the same thing. If you like the art, stories, suits or what ever, you can be a fan. If you dont like the label, then don't use it. It really is that simple.
I dont know why the current generation gets so hung up on labels and having one in order to feel like they fit in to a particular group. Do what makes you happy and like what you want to like.

Reactions: LittleBabyJake, GatoChihuahua, irnub and 2 others
fleckothefennec said:
If you enjoy anthropomorphic representations of animals then techicaly you are a furry.

All the other stuff such as yiff and fur suits are that as well but you don't have to be interested in them to be considered a furry.

If you Google the definition of furry it will state "a Fandom in which members are interested in anthropomorphic animals" anything beyond that is personal preference.

I see your sonic avatar, furries are always debating if that Fandom is the same as furry.

I would say this is really up to you, if you feel you are a furry you are, if you don't you are not, other people's opinions are of little importance 😌
Thank you. You are right. I guess from now on I will identify myself as a furry. :)

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and fleckothefennec
furry is not a kink anymore than being a trekky or weeb >.>

I think @ClaudTheBear hot the nail on it's head there. It does not have to be more difficult than that. I like the art, check! I like the suits, check!

Would I like to own a suit? I wouldn't mind but hella expensive! I'll hug more furries on comic cons i bet 😋

Do I consider myself a furry, 50/50. I guess sometimes I do 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: ClaudTheBear
I see "furry" as being a fairly permissive label.

Back when I joined ADISC (11 years ago--gulp!), I'd heard of furries, but their intersection with ABDL was new and surprising to me. I was immediately in love with all the babyfur art, and it seemed like a natural way to visually express one's little side in an anonymous forum setting like this. Still, it took me until about a year ago to adopt the "furry" label and to start thinking seriously about what my fursona might be. And I'm just now getting my first commission done! I'm sure nobody will be surprised by the species, anyway. :)

I don't see myself getting a fursuit or going to cons, but ... "never say never." For now, it's mostly just a part of the same snuggly headspace that Cottontail the ABDL occupies while wearing diapers and enjoying a bottle or pacifier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony and GoodniteLover219
For me Furry is a super casual thing I like a ton of babyfur art I like a ton of human art I like irl photos diapers are fun and I have lots of art of my fursona in a diaper but a cartoony version of me in a diaper would be just as good I think there are so many types of furries just have fun with it.

Back