I probably made myself functionally incontinent - and I regret it

Status
Not open for further replies.
If pullups are the route you're taking I'd suggest giving northshore go supreme a try. Pullups normally aren't that goood for absorbing even 100-200ml, but I'm told the northshore's are.

Don't forget to add in those kegel exercises and practive holding it whenever you can too. Hopefully that will at least prevent things from getting worse, or who knows maybe help it get better.

Update:

A bit over a year has passed, and i've been doing kegel exercises on and off while wearing thin pull ups to school as an emergency thing. I became more serious with the kegel training a few months ago as I grew tired of my frequent urges. I've been following a kegel regimen and a wetting diary to keep track of my progress - but it's exhausting.

The only real result i've been getting is that I now feel the urge to pee at around 200 ml (vs. previous 150). I really have to pee at 250 ml, where the bladder starts contracting regularly (OAB) and therefore I can only hold it for a maximum of 10 minutes. At 300-350 ml the bladder contractions are constant and overwhelming, and this is usually where I pee myself unless I squeeze my regions down below and jump around. The maximum capacity compared to last year hasn't changed (400 ml), which is a capacity I realistically cannot reach if i'm outside of my house.

I've also started needing to pee in the middle of the night, since I get woken up by the urge (around 250 ml). My doctor agrees that for my age (25) it's not per se normal, but according to him it's not a valid reason to further investigate unless I wake up 2 or more times during the night. He explained that I might've been born with a smaller/more sensitive bladder since I was born prematurely. I got some drugs that calm down my bladder, but it also makes my mouth really dry, so I only use them occasionally.

So to conclude, the amount of work i've putten into kegel training hasn't yielded any worthwhile results. I've therefore arrived at a point where I'm considering accepting my congenital/aquired bladder problems, and go with a more sedentary solution such as wearing pull ups + taking the pills if need be.

Last edited:
I find myself going to the bathroom more than ever before. I will have to watch that. The way I try to keep myself from becoming completely incontinent is to notice my physiology. If I am not wearing, I may get an urge without a full bladder. It is uncomfortable for 1-2 minutes, but if I allow myself the time to get through that, I find that I really did not have to go so much. It is also very important for me not to wear 24/7, because it does not require the bladder to stay in condition. Finally, keegle exercises while in the car or wherever are important. If I can't find the muscle, or if it is weak, changing my routine, even for a short time, will help me stay in more control over this choice for the long run.

Um if you practice peeing on purpose you should accept the out come
Same as smoking you may get lung cancer
Or alcohol you May get liver failure
Fatty foods Hart failure so on
Hope this makes sense

Chris, with all due respect, what is your point? You can enjoy drinking without intending to become an alcoholic...

Um thought it would not make sense sorry if I upset you

Fabpad said:
I did it to myself but it took so many years and it's been such a slow progress (unintentional progress) that it never occured to me what was changing. The small changes in continence like needing to go more frequent didn't pose a problem in the beginning as I just adapted. If i'd had to track my changes in time i'd say it first started with frequency (diminished capacity) then came urgency (ability to hold it, probably due to weakened sphincters) and now the last year bladder automatically contracting at only 100-200 ml (causing me to pee myself if I don't find a toilet quickly). So the final result is that I have to go to the bathroom every 1-2h.

But I do want to try to get better, because right now it's limiting my daily life.

Because i'm 20-35 years old and never worn diapers before. If my friends find out I wear diapers all of a sudden I wouldn't have any way to explain myself. Normally a person that isn't ABDL would simply go to the doctor and get treated rather than choosing diapers. People my age don't wear diapers normally and all of a sudden. If they do wear, it's usually something congenital/traumatic and their friends would've known already

It is nobody's business what your health issues may be and how you deal with them. I went to the urologist, but chose diapers over drugs (which aren't entirely effective).

Not upset. Don't worry about it. It just touched on being a little judgmental. Stay safe, and be well.

You stay safe to

Must see a Doctor if the accident happening during. the night or the day

Fabpad said:
Because i'm 20-35 years old and never worn diapers before. If my friends find out I wear diapers all of a sudden I wouldn't have any way to explain myself. Normally a person that isn't ABDL would simply go to the doctor and get treated rather than choosing diapers. People my age don't wear diapers normally and all of a sudden. If they do wear, it's usually something congenital/traumatic and their friends would've known already

I thought you were abdl because of your profile has you listed as being a DL and a little.

chrischrischris said:
Um if you practice peeing on purpose you should accept the out come
Same as smoking you may get lung cancer
Or alcohol you May get liver failure
Fatty foods Hart failure so on
Hope this makes sense

It's not normal to lose this much amount of control, and I attribute it to my congenitally smaller bladder.

SometimesAdult said:
I find myself going to the bathroom more than ever before. I will have to watch that. The way I try to keep myself from becoming completely incontinent is to notice my physiology. If I am not wearing, I may get an urge without a full bladder. It is uncomfortable for 1-2 minutes, but if I allow myself the time to get through that, I find that I really did not have to go so much. It is also very important for me not to wear 24/7, because it does not require the bladder to stay in condition. Finally, keegle exercises while in the car or wherever are important. If I can't find the muscle, or if it is weak, changing my routine, even for a short time, will help me stay in more control over this choice for the long run.

Yes, and this is what I was practicing for several months - not releasing immediately as soon as the urge arose. I think you're on the right track. Doing some training everyday might help offset the development of a hypersensitive bladder.

Dylan292 said:
Must see a Doctor if the accident happening during. the night or the day

In my recent update I wrote that I saw the doctor. He's aware of my problems.

Calico said:
I thought you were abdl because of your profile has you listed as being a DL and a little.

That's correct, I am ABDL.

Last edited:
Fabpad said:
I've been measuring my urine output and frequency for the past week to get a sense of the severity of my problem. The conclusions i've made is that my bladder feels full at around 100 ml - 200 ml and I have to pee about once an hour. If I jump around like a kiddo I can hold mysel to 400 ml but i've also peed myself at that point. My bladder has become fully autonomous and contracts to empty on its own. If I have a diaper I don't have to breathe/relax like I used to do in order to pee. The bladder pushes the urine out reflexively like a baby. My ABDL side of me is obviously excited about this because i'm finally a diaper dependent baby, but it's affected my life quite severely the past year.

I can no longer function without diapers and i'm debating whether to start with pull ups in order to retrain my bladder. I'll also visit the doctor soon to see what I can do to regain my continence. As of right now when i've had oral examinations in the university i've had to excuse myself to the bathroom three (!) times (during a 2h period) which obviously raised suspicions and laughter among both friends and professors.
I believe this is all self inflected injuries from years of foley catheters and diapers that has trained my bladder to reflexively contract, diminished its capacity and weakened my sphincters.

I cannot continue without diapers in my daily life now and it sucks. I hope you guys think twice before wanting incontinence / functional incontinence as its something i've always wanted but now i'm sad that I can't live my life without fear of being far away from a bathroom.

Has anyone been in a similar position and have successfully regained control? I tried kegel exercises and holding until I almost peed myself for two weeks but no improvements :(
I hope someone has any advice.

Hello, I understand your concern, I was in a similar place not that long ago, I stated having issues back in 2017 well was still in high school, thankfully I worked part time and had the money to afford basic adult pull ups, which helped a bit, there were times where I could feel that I was going to have an accident and was able to slow it down, and over the years I have been able to regain some control, but have at large remained at around -85 percent control, meaning I still where maximum absorbency diapers well I am working, when I am home for the most part I just where cheap pull-ups or cheap store brand diapers, I still wet the bed sometimes, but control that by not drinking 3 hours before I go to bed. The best answer I have for you is to invest in Northshore MegaMax adult briefs a great diaper. I work health care and put in 16 hour shifts for the most part it really helps to wear for the first 8 hours and then switch to a lighter brief. also seeing a doctor might not be a bad Idea.

Reactions: KittyMerriweather
Fabpad said:
... Becouse i'm 20-35 years old and never worn diapers before. If my friends find out I wear diapers all of a sudden I wouldn't have any way to explain myself. Normally a person that isn't ABDL would simply go to the doctor and get treated rather than choosing diapers. People my age don't wear diapers normally and all of a sudden. If they do wear, it's usually something congenital/traumatic and their friends would've known already

Ok. Just out of curiosity. What the f difference is it going to make if they know or not? This is your life. And you only get one shot at it. Just don't brake any laws or hurt anyone... you want to know a secret? It's okay to be happy. (Even if the rest of the world does tend to get pissed off and trys to tell you what you can't do when they find out somebody is happy.) And if your friends have trouble with that? Then maybe they're not your friends after all?

The only two people that should be concern are possibly your doctor, and maybe your boss. But if your boss THINKS you're having MEDICAL ISSUES, he will be that much less inclined to dismiss you, for fear of a discrimination lawsuit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Addy3113, NotTheAverageMan, mistykitty and 1 other person
Fabpad said:
I did it to myself but it took so many years and it's been such a slow progress (unintentional progress) that it never occured to me what was changing. The small changes in continence like needing to go more frequent didn't pose a problem in the beginning as I just adapted. If i'd had to track my changes in time i'd say it first started with frequency (diminished capacity) then came urgency (ability to hold it, probably due to weakened sphincters) and now the last year bladder automatically contracting at only 100-200 ml (causing me to pee myself if I don't find a toilet quickly). So the final result is that I have to go to the bathroom every 1-2h.

But I do want to try to get better, because right now it's limiting my daily life.

I been incontinent since 22 I know will be 29 in August.

I also ruined my pelvic floor from this fetish.

I pushed too hard to pee and caused all sorts of issues.

Reactions: bobbilly
Fabpad said:
Whoops, I meant to write that i've never worn diapers before around my friends so if i'd suddenly start, that would raise suspicions. The age matters because it's so extremely rare to wear diapers at this age and generally people would rather choose foley catheters.

Problem is i'm in medschool and if i'd say i've become incontinent I'd get showered with questions and advice. Minor accident such as falling on the sacrum doesn't really lead to incontinence unless you're old and have osteoporosis. It's more common in high energy impacts such as vehicle collisions though.

My point is that I can't just make up a story like that.
I don't see your problem here either, your in med school so just tell them you were practicing ways to painlessly insert foley catheters and when you went to remove it you fked up and forgot to deflate the balloon. Just doing that with a 5cc balloon can cause a bit of damage and hurts like Hell to the point you actually rip it the rest of the way out.

The answer is quite intresting from what you said your urologist said you have a small bladder, I'm pretty shure your urologist also told you not to hold it for too long also because doing so can cause a UTI and then your pretty much not going to have much of a choice but to wear diapers around your friends anyways, well either that or wet your pants infront of them from the antibiotics they would put you on.

Fabpad said:
I've been measuring my urine output and frequency for the past week to get a sense of the severity of my problem. The conclusions i've made is that my bladder feels full at around 100 ml - 200 ml and I have to pee about once an hour. If I jump around like a kiddo I can hold mysel to 400 ml but i've also peed myself at that point. My bladder has become fully autonomous and contracts to empty on its own. If I have a diaper I don't have to breathe/relax like I used to do in order to pee. The bladder pushes the urine out reflexively like a baby. My ABDL side of me is obviously excited about this because i'm finally a diaper dependent baby, but it's affected my life quite severely the past year.

I can no longer function without diapers and i'm debating whether to start with pull ups in order to retrain my bladder. I'll also visit the doctor soon to see what I can do to regain my continence. As of right now when i've had oral examinations in the university i've had to excuse myself to the bathroom three (!) times (during a 2h period) which obviously raised suspicions and laughter among both friends and professors.
I believe this is all self inflected injuries from years of foley catheters and diapers that has trained my bladder to reflexively contract, diminished its capacity and weakened my sphincters.

I cannot continue without diapers in my daily life now and it sucks. I hope you guys think twice before wanting incontinence / functional incontinence as its something i've always wanted but now i'm sad that I can't live my life without fear of being far away from a bathroom.

Has anyone been in a similar position and have successfully regained control? I tried kegel exercises and holding until I almost peed myself for two weeks but no improvements :(
I hope someone has any advice.
I guess it is like the old saying goes.... Be careful what you wish for. So many people think they want this life style until they have to live it. I would give my incontinence away if I could. Mine is painful most of the time then the stress of keeping it hidden from others on top of all that makes it hard. Then summer months are even worse as far as comfort goes but the stigma and what friends will think is the worse part. I myself have been incontinent over 30 plus years so diapers are so much better now than ever before and night and day better than the 90s.

But thank you for sharing your regrets. I always try and point out all the negatives to wearing 24/7 to people that have a choice.
But the fact is most will not listen and sadly will find out on their own. Talk to a urologists they can stretch your bladder with sterile fluids to give it back some capacity and then kegal exercises and PT can help too, and possible some meds. Ultimately start going to the restroom in the toilet as soon as you feel the tiniest sensation or even before. Set a reminder and go every hour if you must and slowly lengthen the times in between a little each week. Use the diaper or pull up only as a last resort. would think If you had no physical injury then you should be able to regain most of the control.

Best of luck to you. We all have made bad choices in life at some point and would like do overs. I hope you get control back or at least enough to get by with a thin pad. But overall if they are your friends they should not judge you or they are not a real friend. Also a number of things can cause incontinence even in otherwise healthy young men. No one has to know it was self inflected through years of training. I bowl on league several nights a week and do so in a Mega max and no one ever has said anything to me about my diaper or suspected I use them. The only time I ever leak is if I neglect my diaper changes. That is Amazing in my eyes as I use to use vintage depends and attends that often could not hold even one full bladder. So diapers that can hold 10 to 12 hours are just Amazing and make life so much better

Reactions: puravidadip, NotTheAverageMan, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 1 other person
I'm afraid to go 24/7 because I feel I will end up I/c and a bed wetter. I have been enjoying diapers for 2 years now but restrict myself to only one diaper a day. Usually I wear at work so my day consists of 8 to 12 hours of wearing. But when it's time to change I don't get another one until the next day. Even restricting my usage like that I have noticed my bathroom habits have changed. I know at least once a week wake up feeling myself starting to wet. I am able to stop and go to the bathroom but before you know it I won't wake up at all! Also I am so used to using my diaper instead of the bathroom this past weekend while standing doing dishes I just wet myself. As soon as I started I stopped the flow and ran to the bathroom. But if this continues I will soon have to wear 24/7 voluntarily or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back