I probably made myself functionally incontinent - and I regret it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaperman95 said:
The smell can and will carry over even after it dries. Older people don't always smell as well as younger folks. Urine has sulfur and ammonia in it and the longer it sets the more concentrated it becomes. It might not be as bad smelling when dry but any moister that comes in contact with it after it dries can bring the smell back multiple times worse. So if you pee the next day and it gets wet it will for sure smell like two day old pee and just get worse and worse every time. Even sweat can be enough to bring the smell back. I am not saying I have never had pee stains on me because that happens but I always wash my clothes if they get wet as soon as I can. I have reused a bed pad that got just a little on it the night before and dried but I do not make a habit out of it. Besides my brain just would not allow me to put on pee stained clothes that had not been washed. I always add a little baking soda to the wash or buy detergent that has it as it helps neutralize those odors. Also light colors and white will leave a noticeable stain especially if urine is concentrated. Maybe it is just in my head but I can't do that. I own a washer and dryer so I will use them.
thanks for the baking soda idea

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back