How to handle wearing at college

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatchaud

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not incontinent but I find myself having an overactive bladder at winter. I live in a fairly cold country and I've noticed that more public toilets than normal are not open due to COVID.

I'm starting back at college in just over a month and once November hits, I'm considering wearing diapers when I have longer university days (if I'm out for only one class then it's not much of a big deal). I have around 12 hours of classes a week and then am in an out of the library and also spend time around the city. Being outside is when it is usually a problem.

Any advice? What should I wear to conceal them? How can I handle this?

Last edited:
I always have sympathy for those that want to wear diapers while in college/university. It is usually the living arrangements with roommates that make it the most difficult.

If you are in a cold weather climate you should probably be able to layer clothing and be able to conceal a diaper more easily.

1) Determine what level of protection you will need. I am guessing if these are long days you should go with a high absorbent product to be on the safe side, which means a thicker diaper.

2) Order a sample of diapers that you can can wear (dry) to a clothing or outfitting store. You may need to try different fits or round up a size. It may be as simple as wearing thermal underwear and getting a roomier fit of pants.

3) Do a trial run with the diaper and simulate the days' activities you anticipate.

4) Guess. Check. Revise.

You have an over active bladder just in winter? Do you drink more coffee then. More water to help regulate body temp?

BlizzardKid said:
I always have sympathy for those that want to wear diapers while in college/university. It is usually the living arrangements with roommates that make it the most difficult.

If you are in a cold weather climate you should probably be able to layer clothing and be able to conceal a diaper more easily.

1) Determine what level of protection you will need. I am guessing if these are long days you should go with a high absorbent product to be on the safe side, which means a thicker diaper.

2) Order a sample of diapers that you can can wear (dry) to a clothing or outfitting store. You may need to try different fits or round up a size. It may be as simple as wearing thermal underwear and getting a roomier fit of pants.

3) Do a trial run with the diaper and simulate the days' activities you anticipate.

4) Guess. Check. Revise.

You have an over active bladder just in winter? Do you drink more coffee then. More water to help regulate body temp?

I thankfully don't have roommates so that's not an issue.

I don't drink coffee so that's not it. I do tend to drink plenty of water but not really more than what I'd drink at summer.

Thanks for your other advice.

What diapers if any do you wear now? What country you in? If we know that might have a better idea what to set you up with.

Reactions: BlizzardKid
Diaperdudeinmass said:
What diapers if any do you wear now? What country you in? If we know that might have a better idea what to set you up with.

In Scotland. I haven't worn anything for 6 months - last thing I had was some Tykables Overnights that I bought back in February but they were probably too bulky to wear discreetly out and about and too expensive.

Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it. It’s nobody else’s business. Besides most people won’t even notice and if they do you don’t have any obligation to explain.

Besides, in colder climates, it’s easier to conceal things under your clothes.

Last edited:
Beowulf said:
Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it. It’s nobody else’s business. Besides most people won’t even notice and if they do you don’t have any obligation to explain.

Besides, in colder climates, it’s easier to conceal things under your clothes.

I have tried on a few diapers in the past and the bulge and sound kinda gave it away when I was walking. Last time I had any, I was too scared to leave the house wearing them.

chocolatchaud said:
I have tried on a few diapers in the past and the bulge and sound kinda gave it away when I was walking. Last time I had any, I was too scared to leave the house wearing them.

I think really you should start focusing on the clothing.

I'm 5'9 and 160 pounds and carry a lot more weight in my seat than most guys. I ended up going with the 541 Athletic Fit by Levi's. Benefits being that they offered more room in the seat and sit just a bit higher on the waist. These taper at the leg so you still get a stylish slim finish look. You can buy them in lots of colors and even cotton chinos. Pay attention to the amount of polyester and spandex in each blend, the more the better to hide a diaper but it can feel hot. Levi's runs true to size but offer many different fits and you may be able to round up a size in a certain fit.

Bottomline, go shopping!

Though cloth backed diapers are not my go-to diaper, I have been wearing them more lately. I have been wearing the Seni Super Plus. They are super quiet, very absorbent and not too thick. I was really quite shocked by them. They held all the liquid I could throw at them at work yesterday. I was really impressed by how well the tapes held also. Loose fitting pants and a longer shirt cover up diaper butt pretty well.

100% Get yourself a onesie, it will ensure that your diaper stays concealed while out and about. Not having to worry about keeping your shirt pulled down is a huge relief.

Any ABDL diaper will do, they are all pretty damn reliable; unless you plan in drinking a lot of water throughout the day. One diaper should get you through the day.

This one is my favourite!

Reactions: Moicano
Just a quick question so that I could better understand the situation and such, on the application and registration form for the college housing, is there a spot there for any kind of medical issues and such? Also have you took any time to speak to the school councilor and perhaps sought out medical advise?

I would hope to imagine that they could put you in with some room mates who have similar issues and such.

Also note that if you live here in the United States, you DO have Privacy and HIPAA rights. So, anything pertaining to any kind of medical conditions is considered PHI.

(HIPAA) = Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

Health Privacy Act

(PHI) Protected Health Information

So, please get medical advise and documentation from a medical professional, and get talking to your school's counselor about this. They are required by Federal and state law to handle this matter discreetly, professionally and with the aught-most care possible in the reasonable accommodation that they are supposed to provide to you. Failure to meet or exceed these standards can and will result in both state and federal disciplinary action and lawsuits against the school.

As for the type of diaper - any recommendations? Do people actually use ABDL diapers for non ABDL related situations?

chocolatchaud said:
As for the type of diaper - any recommendations? Do people actually use ABDL diapers for non ABDL related situations?
I occasionally use ABDL diapers when doing normal day to day things when I want more emotional comfort or need absolute overkill protection, but the higher price keeps it a once in a while/special occasion thing.

Otherwise I might recommend Abena M4/L4(plastic backed). They're my go-to everyday diaper, add a booster if I feel I'll be out longer than an hour or two.

But if that's too much bulk/absorbency than what you need then you might wanna sample around, find what works for you.
NorthShore does free samples if you aren't sure(pretty sure they're free, haven't sampled in a while).
The Supreme Lites might be good for your daytime wearing but you might want to request a few others as well like Supremes or Air Supremes, maybe even Megamax if you need more absorbency at night.

If you can't get NorthShore where you're at, maybe NappiesRus or ABU UK, SaveExpress as well might be useful places(Im based in the US so I'm not sure what's all available overseas)

I would also highly recommend a onesie to help keep anyone from seeing waistband if your shirt were to ever ride up and help support the diaper.

Last edited:
For winter i would say it wont be much of a problem since the many layers of clothing can easily mask any diaper bulge / sound etc , nobody can tell if anyone is wearing a diaper in the winter , its the summer that when people start to wear less clothing that may be of issue concealing the diaper .

Hey, I’m terms of which diaper, I’d got for Betterdry (or Crinklz if you fancy the print). They are my go to diaper for use during the day when out and about and are pretty much impossible to make leak for any normal use situation. They are also pretty cheap and not that bulky. If you want maximum discretion for for tena slip maxis, you’ll have to change slightly more often (still very absorbent though) but they are basically silent, thin and well priced.
I’ve found that diapers are a lot less noticeable than you think they are so once you get up a bit of confidence by practicing a few times you’ve got nothing to worry about.
A few years ago I was in the process of telling my house mate at uni that I wore diapers and specifically asked him to see if he noticed anything odd when I was walking around in a thick diaper with some of the waistband poking out and he couldn’t spot anything. People are a lot less observant (and indeed don’t really care) than you think.

Keep in mind that diapers aren't intended for 12 hours of active wear while wet. You'll almost certainly get into immediate skin problems if you try to go 6+ hours in a wet diaper. So if you're thinking that diapers are your solution to not needing a bathroom for 12 hours straight, you should probably rethink your plan. IC that wear for those lengths of time change a few times during the day. If you're going to be changing, using a toilet would be quicker and easier. Doesn't mean you can't wear for those 12 hrs, and just get good at using the toilet when needed. (either by pulling down/up, retaping, or snaking out)

I wear to work every day, and have to pee usually once during that time, around noon. I would NOT like to be working for four hours in a wet diaper, and my skin would make sure it didn't happen more than once.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I became incontinent as the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 and have needed to wear a nighttime diaper ever since. However, by the time I headed off to college, I had reached the point where I could generally go without a daytime diaper provided I had quick access to a toilet when I needed to go. Because I had to wear a diaper to bed, I told the college dormitory managers about my problem and asked if it would be possible to pair me with a roommate who also wore a nighttime diaper. They were unable to do that but paired me with a roommate who had another physical disability. That worked out well, and we became good friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back