Status
Not open for further replies.
Adiba said:
I move around a lot while I sleep
that's a problem, cause no matter how good is the diaper, there is always the risk of leaking

Adiba said:
I considered using cloth diapers. But as I said, I live with my parents. So, washing & drying them without getting caught can be a bit risky.
i started to wet myself on purpouse when i was 12, so i understand very well the trouble of keeping it a secret
if you wish to wet 24/7 (exept for number 2), and in bed before and after sleeping, you will always face the risk of being discovered by your parents or your maid
using towels, plastic protectors, plastic pants over your diapers reduce the risk of leaking, but you will never be completely sure, expecially if you move that much in your sleep :(

forgive me for saying this, since i know little to nothing about you, but if you can't face the idea of being discovered by your parents, i belive you should limit your diaper activities until you are alone in the house for some time, or you really wish to do it :(
i would feel very sorry if any of my advice would push you to wet more often and be discovered

Slomo said:
Baby diapers are almost never going to be enough for adult sleep wetting. That's because they just aren't designed with enough absorbent material and aren't intended to hold an adults full bladder.
True. Normally, if I double up my usual baby diapers I need to change once or twice during the night to prevent leaks. But sometimes I get too lazy to get up and sleep through the night without changing. As a result, I end up with small accidents now & then. As much as I love sleeping in diapers, waking up to change at the middle of the night is equally displeasing.
You definitely need adult diapers, even if they are slightly oversised for you. That is as long as you can still get them to fit correctly.
The XXXL size of Mamy Poko Pants worked wonders for me which is not an adult diaper but geared towards older kids. Unfortunately, the nearby stores do not have any more of those.

I'm not familiar with any of the brands you're looking at, so I can't say if they will be any good or not. Unfortunately, and like most of us, you're just going to have to keep trying different brands until you find one that works. Just remember, the whole point of a diaper is to contain wettings. If any brand leaks too often then it dosn't function as intended, and you'll need to find something else that's better.
It's probably because these diapers are not that good. Won't they be a waste of money if they don't fit? Only thing keeping me from trying out different adult diapers from the market is the cost. I can get more than 5pcs of baby diapers with the cost of a single piece of adult diaper. But I'm willing to spend money on adult diapers knowing that they will fit me & will also work well. Which one of the availale diapers do you think may work?

Adiba said:
True. Normally, if I double up my usual baby diapers I need to change once or twice during the night to prevent leaks. But sometimes I get too lazy to get up and sleep through the night without changing. As a result, I end up with small accidents now & then. As much as I love sleeping in diapers, waking up to change at the middle of the night is equally displeasing.

The XXXL size of Mamy Poko Pants worked wonders for me which is not an adult diaper but geared towards older kids. Unfortunately, the nearby stores do not have any more of those.

It's probably because these diapers are not that good. Won't they be a waste of money if they don't fit? Only thing keeping me from trying out different adult diapers from the market is the cost. I can get more than 5pcs of baby diapers with the cost of a single piece of adult diaper. But I'm willing to spend money on adult diapers knowing that they will fit me & will also work well. Which one of the availale diapers do you think may work?

I can't tell which of the adult diapers will work best for you. Partly because I don't know your exact size/fit, or how any of those diapers are made/cut to fit people. The info description doesn't give their lab tested capacity ratings either.

Without all of that info it would be near impossible for me to make any kind of asumptions for how well they will work for you. And even then it would be a rough guess at best, because every adult diaper fits different people differently, and will as such work differently.

Nearly all of us have had to go through our own diaper testing to find what does or does not work for all of these reasons. You're best off just getting a bag and trying each one out yourself. If you're not sure about sizing and fit in general, then it may even be better to ask for a sample or two first. Just call up the manufacture of each one, and make the rewuest. They are all happy to send a sample out if it might mean another customer.

As a fellow bedwetter, I can easily recommend either Abenas or Northshore Supremes. I'm currently using Abena as my night diaper and am very happy with them. But before I switched a few months ago...I had used the Northshores for almost 3yrs and loved them.

Both the Abenas and Northshores are excellent night time diapers and can hold several wettings.

I use tranquility atn, they work well for me.

On what hand it sounds like you have bedwetting accidents at night but on the other hand it sounds like you purposely wet yourself at night so you can just sleep in a wet diaper. Either way, I strongly recommend a full mattress (with zipper) protective cover. Keep hunting as you are doing on this site for possible disposables to try. You are not the only 22 year old slim figure person in the world that cannot be fitted with bedwetting undergarment protection. When there is a dollar to be made the suppliers will get it sold to you. Plastic underpants and a good absorbent diaper are great economically. While in college I had accidents at night and most of the time it was heavy. A thick diaper and good fitting plastic underpants (we did not have disposals back then of large adult size nor good quality) worked great for me. Disposables with a very high SAP are great for convenience. Either way you are having wettings at night and if your parents discover this you will have to explain your bedwetting at night (whether on purpose or accident is your business, not their's, unless you want to go this route). You wet at night and if you do not wear appropriate protection your clothing, the sheets and your mattress get soaked / uncomfortable / stained; not a good recipe for a good night's sleep.

Adiba said:
Didn't know they sold disposable bed pads. These could be helpful. I'll see if I can find them on any of the stores.

"puppy pads" are really cheap at WalMart!

bambinod said:
"puppy pads" are really cheap at WalMart!

Using baby mats are one thing. But isn't it going too far using something meant for a pet?

Adiba said:
Using baby mats are one thing. But isn't it going too far using something meant for a pet?

Have you tried the goodnite bedmats. They work great, I use these at night on my bed.

Adiba said:

They look pretty much identical to hospital bed mats, and function the same. Just look at the back center area of your favorite plastic diaper, with a patch of featureless padding on one side and a smooth plastic sheet on the other side. Now make that 3ft x 4ft, with a border that looks like the back top edge of a (non-elastic) diaper all the way around the four sides. That's all there is to it. There's no way to look at it and tell whether it was originally marketed for pets or hospitals.

(NorthShore sells them also btw)

One word of advice on considering to use puppy mats. A LOT of the ones which actually work on puppies, are dog pee scented to encourage the puppy to use them. The really cheap pads are usually not scented though.

If bedwetting is your problem, bed protection is a must. Diaper recommendation would be BetterDry (use booster if needed), Tykables Overnight, Crinklz, or Safari. For absolute security you need to measure your thighs and order a commensurate "diaper cover" preferably a PUL. Your thigh measurements are more important than waist. I prefer Leakmaster as they allow perspiration to exit the diaper cover but not wetness. More comfortable for deep sleep. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back