Has Anyone Tried Natural or Over-The-Counter Diuretics?

ShyKary

don't tell anyone i'm into this pls ;-;
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
I'm thinking of purchasing some natural or over-the-counter diuretics so I can wet myself better. I still have a hard time wetting dips and wanna know if this is safe or comfortable or fun!

One that I would highly recommend would be dandelion root tea. It certainly doesn't taste the best but does a great job as a diuretic and is also very good for your gut health. Just be careful with certain medications and do your research cuz you don't want to mess up anything inside your body.

Reactions: newAB43, Belarin and ShyKary
I find drinking lots of plain water works the best. Just don't drink too much at once or you'll upset your stomach. I'll usually drink a bottle of water then another about a half hour later. Then I sip on water periodically to keep myself topped up. After an hour or two you'll be wetting pretty consistently. If you drink after each wetting you'll have your diaper full in no time lol.

Caffeine works as a diuretic, but it works better if you're already hydrated. Sometimes I'll drink two bottles of water and a can of soda in about a 1 hour period or so, not all at once. When it finally kicks in you'll probably have to go at least every half hour!

I prefer drinking lots of water to diuretics. They can dehydrate you if you're not careful. If you just drink enough water eventually your body is going to get rid of the excess.

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, PadPhilosopher, ElPulpo and 1 other person
"Arnold Palmer": 2 parts unsweetened iced tea to one part lemonade. o_O

Reactions: newAB43 and ShyKary
ShyKary said:
I'm thinking of purchasing some natural or over-the-counter diuretics so I can wet myself better. I still have a hard time wetting dips and wanna know if this is safe or comfortable or fun!
I sadly have and do a diuretic to keep my legs and feet from edema. Not fun when it's way too hot and my incontinence is alerting my body to get to the bathroom in time which is too late.

Reactions: ShyKary
Lilrae said:
One that I would highly recommend would be dandelion root tea. It certainly doesn't taste the best but does a great job as a diuretic and is also very good for your gut health. Just be careful with certain medications and do your research cuz you don't want to mess up anything inside your body.
Now you just got me wanting a dandelion and burdock, mmmmmmmmm.

But yeah dandelion is supposed to be a good diuretic and should be harmless (in sensible amounts). It actually goes way back, there is an old wives tale in the UK that if you pick a dandelion flower you will wet the bed, while this is clearly untrue and easily disprovable it probably comes from the fact the dandelions were used medicinally in the middle ages as a diuretic to flush out the kidneys.

Another safer alternative to actual medical diuretics (which I would not recommend messing with for the same reason as laxatives), is caffeine,. Tea or coffee seem to work best for me, energy drinks don't work although they have high levels of caffeine the other ingredients are more likely to dehydrate and prevent you needing a wee.

The problem with caffeine is if you regularly consume it then your tolerance to the diuretic effects rises. There is also some debate over whether or not it can also be dehydrating so for it to work well you also need to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated which in itself will fill your bladder faster.

Now I tend to drink a can of Monster on my lunch break (so 4-5 cans a week) and I have a bean to cup espresso machine and like a nice flat white or cappuccino when I get home, and usually have 2-3 on sat and sun. What I do find though is that if I drink plenty of water then 1 or 2 cups of coffee do make me want to go more often and seem to help with just letting out smaller amounts as it enters the bladder rather than it being held automatically until the bladder is full..

Reactions: newAB43, PadPhilosopher and ShyKary
Thank you all ^^ To break it down for future readers:

>Dandelion Root Tea and Caffeine are good diuretics (though you can build a tolerance to caffeine)
>Make sure to drink plenty of water before and after diuretics
>Avoid (or use with extreme caution) medicinal diuretics

Drink Recommendations:

>Arnold Palmers (2 parts unsweetened iced tea | 1 part lemonade)
>Monster Energy
>Dandelion Root Tea
>Waaaaterrrrr

They make Dandelion Root as a supplement in capsule form, very inexpensive.

Also alcohal if your of age and enjoy it. Probably my favorite part of drinking a few beers in the weekend is how much it will make me pee 🤣

Reactions: TigerDL and ShyKary
Coffee works for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect us all to drink responsibly.
As the spoilsport I tend to be, I would like mention that people have died because of water intoxication (e.g. after 6 litres because of a stupid bet) which interferes with the necessary sodium levels in your nerve system (hyponatremia). On the other hand, you can also die because of dehydration after losing about 15% of your body water. So please don't overdue it in neither direction.

As a rule of thumb, healthy kidneys can elimiate about one litre per hour, but you better shouldn't sustain that rate over too many hours. Choosing water with high mineral content or eating something salty along with other liquids helps preventing hyponatremia.

Reactions: newAB43, TigerDL and ShyKary
ElPulpo said:
I expect us all to drink responsibly.
As the spoilsport I tend to be, I would like mention that people have died because of water intoxication (e.g. after 6 litres because of a stupid bet) which interferes with the necessary sodium levels in your nerve system (hyponatremia). On the other hand, you can also die because of dehydration after losing about 15% of your body water. So please don't overdue it in neither direction.

As a rule of thumb, healthy kidneys can elimiate about one litre per hour, but you better shouldn't sustain that rate over too many hours. Choosing water with high mineral content or eating something salty along with other liquids helps preventing hyponatremia.

Yes, too much water can be bad. The most I've ever drank at once was about 2 Litres, and that was spread out over an hour or two. Most of the things I eat for supper have some salt in them, so that combined with 2-3 bottles of water doesn't hurt. If you're dehydrated from sweating sports drinks have lots of electrolytes to replenish you. Your sweat is basically salt water, so you have to put salt water back in. I find if you drink too much your stomach gets upset from all that water sloshing around, and that's no fun. You have to do everything in moderation. ;)

Reactions: newAB43, PadPhilosopher and ShyKary
ShyKary said:
Tea and coffee ie; caffeine is a diuretic too also water will pass straight through once the body absorbs what it needs .
I used to work with plastics and resins and had to do a pee test every week ( cancer test ) if you couldn't preform on spot you got given 1/2 pint of water and told to wait 5mins and it always worked . 🚼 💧💦💦💧:love:(y)

Ppl be very careful about water pills. Even the more natural. In reality they won't help you to wet your didee's easer. Example my Dr had me on the lowest possible dose for the reason of my high blood pressure to try an take the stress off my heart. For about three days I kept blacking out after knocking out my front teeth' and got several fractures on my head as well as two black eyes from smaching my nose on concrete.. he did a kidney check and found out that I was extremely dehydrated and the kidney functions were dangerously hi. The dehydrateion wasnt because i wasnt drinking enough. If you want to wet your didee's easer then it's in your mind set. Just learn to start letting go. I seen a lot of damage in MTF transition taking excessive herbs hoping that they would get breasts because they couldn't get to the point in therapy as well as afford the expense. QUIT PLAYING WITH YOUR LIVES OVER A KINK!!

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, PadPhilosopher, ShyKary and 1 other person
Hockeyczar said:
They make Dandelion Root as a supplement in capsule form, very inexpensive.
i might try this ^^

i don't have a tea kettle so this'd be useful xd

ElPulpo said:
Choosing water with high mineral content or eating something salty along with other liquids helps preventing hyponatremia.
ohhhh, that's what that is

whenever i drink too much water i feel "water-logged" and can't drink anymore, so i started drinking decaf coffee alongside it ^^

i recently started doing orange juice as well :3

LilPaddedBunny said:
Yes, too much water can be bad. The most I've ever drank at once was about 2 Litres, and that was spread out over an hour or two. Most of the things I eat for supper have some salt in them, so that combined with 2-3 bottles of water doesn't hurt. If you're dehydrated from sweating sports drinks have lots of electrolytes to replenish you. Your sweat is basically salt water, so you have to put salt water back in. I find if you drink too much your stomach gets upset from all that water sloshing around, and that's no fun. You have to do everything in moderation. ;)
i bodybuild and go through abt 3 quarters of a gallon at the gym and then half a gallon at home playing video games - not including the amount i drink at work XD

drinking a serving of pedialyte helped a lot with getting me to start drinking more water! i reccomend if you don't drink enough water daily to drink a serving of pedialyte or a sports drink to get over the hurdle :3

LilPaddedBunny said:
I find drinking lots of plain water works the best. Just don't drink too much at once or you'll upset your stomach. I'll usually drink a bottle of water then another about a half hour later. Then I sip on water periodically to keep myself topped up. After an hour or two you'll be wetting pretty consistently. If you drink after each wetting you'll have your diaper full in no time lol.

Caffeine works as a diuretic, but it works better if you're already hydrated. Sometimes I'll drink two bottles of water and a can of soda in about a 1 hour period or so, not all at once. When it finally kicks in you'll probably have to go at least every half hour!

I prefer drinking lots of water to diuretics. They can dehydrate you if you're not careful. If you just drink enough water eventually your body is going to get rid of the excess.
Research shows the diuretic effect of caffeine seems to be highly dependent on the person. For some it has them going every five minutes, others no effect at all. Also the more tolerance for caffeine you have, the less diuretic effect it tends to have.

Alcoholic, watery drinks on the other hand, seem to work very well but you obviously can't drink beer all the time. When you can though, it can be fun 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: newAB43, ShyKary, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Now to answer the question:

Nettle tea is a diuretic and is also very good for you. It's also a natural antihistamine.

The same with Chamomile, but perhaps a bit less than nettle. Chamomile is calming, good for digestion and antibacterial.

Dandelion is supposed to be good but haven't tried it.

I like to make a tea of nettle and chamomile combined. I like the taste and the effect.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: newAB43, ShyKary, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
star said:
Research shows the diuretic effect of caffeine seems to be highly dependent on the person. For some it has them going every five minutes, others no effect at all. Also the more tolerance for caffeine you have, the less diuretic effect it tends to have.

Alcoholic, watery drinks on the other hand, seem to work very well but you obviously can't drink beer all the time. When you can though, it can be fun 😉
Wotz dat orifizer (hic!) alkahol ? me Nah! im showber 🤣

Reactions: ShyKary
Back