Found out I’m autistic. I guess that explains the diapers...

BobbiSueEllen said:
I'm confused about the immigration/emigration...where did you learn about its autism clause? Are various countries so scared, or...?

It's amazing the attitudes which still remain about autism, even among some who have it: a few years back, the clinical move was made to shuffle Asperger Syndrome into the autism spectrum, which is where it belongs; one "aspie" went on a very-hostile tirade, because now his potential Air Force career seemed ruined. I don't see how, as then-Asperger Syndrome had its comparable complications, too...but what angered me was this "aspie"'s attitude: he seemed to have an elitist self-perception about his Asperger diagnosis setting him at a higher level above 'the herd'...what I call "country-club autism'. Now he was furious that the shuffle 'lowered' him in 'class' and 'stature'. He completely turned me off. As an autie, I felt scorned because, to him, I wasn't as disciplined, tasteful, cultured, capable or intelligent. I was, as were all other auties, lower-class in his eyes. And I still detest his attitude.

That is one reason why I completely ignore the term "Asperger Syndrome". The DSM-V killed it in 2013, the ICD-11 killed it two years ago, largely due to Dr. Asperger's Nazi collusion. I considered myself "Aspie" very briefly at first; the ranting young man struck a major blow, Asperger's legacy struck the death blow. I never want to hear or read anyone of any capacity use that term in reference to myself, ever.

But anyway, I'd be interested to hear about the immigration/emigration matter. Thank you!
Canada used to have an immigration restriction for people on the spectrum until about 2019 but that was for people who wanted to move there permanently not for people who just wanted to visit (e.g. to see Niagara Falls (or something similar)). Some other countries may still have immigration restrictions, though.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
AJFan2020 said:
Canada used to have an immigration restriction for people on the spectrum until about 2019 but that was for people who wanted to move there permanently not for people who just wanted to visit (e.g. to see Niagara Falls (or something similar)). Some other countries may still have immigration restrictions, though.

I think New Zealand too. So inclusive huh? (Sarcasm)

- longallsboy

• Wow
Honeywell6180 said:
I don't consider myself an "Aspie" at all. In fact, I consider them as rather... chauvinistic. I was originally diagnosed with "Asperger's", but that changed to PDD-NOS later. But now, it's simply ASD like all the rest, and I'm not bothered by it. At least I have an explanation as to why I have to make these purchases, and why they are a medical necessity. As far as "Aspies" go, I don't consider them as having any type of developmental disability. Just look at Elon Musk, and that will explain everything.

Early on, my high school psychologist thought I had Asperger's Syndrome (around), but she changed her mind a few years later, when she realized I didn't talk till I was 4 years old, so there was delay in language acquisition. I have Classic Autism and I'm definitely at least on level 2 Autism. I sound incredibly immature emotionally and socially even compared to some lower functioning Autistic people I know (those more like 12 year olds emotionally and socially). I'm more like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old emotionally and socially. And even with what used to be called Asperger's, there is variation. I don't consider Elon Musk to have true Autism; his issues aren't even close to as disabling as mine. I think my dad may have a few symptoms of Asperger's, but he has never gotten fired or terminated from a job while he was working.

Some people with Asperger's even have airs about their issues. What I mean is that they think they are better than the lower functioning Autistic people. Like some sort of social ladder. Or pecking order. I find some of these people to be quite arrogant as if though they are better than those like me. I have, seriously speaking, on a rather well known Asperger's / Autism bulletin board chatroom, been called "the low functioning Autistic mafia" along with some of my friends from there who were more like me on the scale of Autism. We were also called retarded many times. And of course, one joke of a married couple from Oregon even got their jollies by calling me a pedo because I collect vintage children's T strap shoes. I seriously wonder if they even really have even Asperger's, like they claimed, since they self diagnosed themselves. For all I know, they could be "normal" people bullying others who truly Autistic to get their jollies. A lot of my friends and myself got permanently banned from that chatroom. Autism support group, my foot. Personally, I find even Temple Grandin's arrogant attitude to be off putting because she thinks she is so much better than more severely disabled Autistic people. Superior attitude. I feel like Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, where he was ostracized not only by the "normal" reindeer, but also by the misfits (the island of misfit toys). Such judgments. It reminds me of high school, where usually the 12th graders at PE picked on the 9th graders who were freshman, during PE. That unfortunately, too, is very common. They might as well bully preschoolers to show how despicable they really are.

And I hate Oregon. I've met a bit too many judgmental people from Oregon. It wasn't one or two or three. It was a lot. I have no desire to go to Oregon again. Even online, most of them are not nice. I don't like the West Coast at all and I'm planning to move to the Carolinas. For all their being "progressive" and liberal and understanding of differences and diversity and disabilities, they really aren't. That's just a lie they tell themselves.

I have actually found actual preschoolers to be way more accepting of disabilities than any age group. Some elderly people are too, but that really depends.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Love
BobbiSueEllen said:
...but what angered me was this "aspie"'s attitude: he seemed to have an elitist self-perception about his Asperger diagnosis setting him at a higher level above 'the herd'...what I call "country-club autism'. Now he was furious that the shuffle 'lowered' him in 'class' and 'stature'. He completely turned me off. As an autie, I felt scorned because, to him, I wasn't as disciplined, tasteful, cultured, capable or intelligent. I was, as were all other auties, lower-class in his eyes. And I still detest his attitude.

Exactly. If you read my response to Honeywell6180, you will see what I mean.

I used to belong to this rather well known support group for those with Asperger's and Autism, and a lot of the people with "Asperger's" Syndrome were very mean and snooty and full of it. I mean they went out of their way to insult and bully me and quite a few of my friends who were more disabled. It was like a damned pecking order, very arrogant, self centered, bullying. Reminds me of 12th graders picking on 9th graders at PE, totally. How "mature". I don't ever want to have that type of "maturity". At least, I'm a sweet and kind person, even if I do act like a 4 1/2 year old without knowing it. Yes, I can be somewhat annoying, but actual chronological 4 1/2 year olds who could be described as being sweet and kind can also be considered by some to be rather annoying for different reasons, like talking too much perhaps.

I also learned basically that I really don't need to be around abusive and judgmental people. If I had to be bullying others to be more mature, then why would I even want that type of maturity anyway?

Another thing this taught me was that I also learned that young children are way more understanding of me and it's nicer to be around them.

I find even Temple Grandin's attitude to be very off putting.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AJFan2020, KBoy and BobbiSueEllen
longallsboy said:
Exactly. If you read my response to Honeywell6180, you will see what I mean.

I used to belong to this rather well known support group for those with Asperger's and Autism, and a lot of the people with "Asperger's" Syndrome were very mean and snooty and full of it. I mean they went out of their way to insult and bully me and quite a few of my friends who were more disabled. It was like a damned pecking order, very arrogant, self centered, bullying. Reminds me of 12th graders picking on 9th graders at PE, totally. How "mature". I don't ever want to have that type of "maturity". At least, I'm a sweet and kind person, even if I do act like a 4 1/2 year old without knowing it. Yes, I can be somewhat annoying, but actual chronological 4 1/2 year olds who could be described as being sweet and kind can also be considered by some to be rather annoying for different reasons, like talking too much perhaps.

I also learned basically that I really don't need to be around abusive and judgmental people. If I had to be bullying others to be more mature, then why would I even want that type of maturity anyway?

Another thing this taught me was that I also learned that young children are way more understanding of me and it's nicer to be around them.

I find even Temple Grandin's attitude to be very off putting.

- longallsboy
I honestly admit that I agree with you.
We really do not need this "Aspie Superiority" shit.
Anyway, 2 doors down from my house trailer a new family moved in.
Both teenagers are disabled.
The older, a girl with Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual Disability.
Her younger brother is Autistic like me.

Back