Forced to use diaper and catheter in hospital

winterheart01 said:
I don't know if it is an affordable option but maybe it'd be a good idea to do, let's say, a quarterly urine culture, just to be sure?
It's like some people get a yearly bloodworks , a complete one, to make sure they're still ok.
But it all depends on how expensive this is and how much is covered...
Thing is I had some bladder neck infections I was not even aware of, yet the signs were there they said
Its way better today. I think when I was there at the doctor last week the lab had already picked up from his off too. But I have a full blood work up done every 4 months in the office and then they always work my blood work when sick in hospital of course too. Hopefully those days are fewer now my stomach is emptying better. But I have my urine cultured at least 4 times a year because I get them things easy. Even though I cant hold my urine and am incontinent my bladder will hold back 50 to 200 ml that will never empty and turn stagnant. So I have to self cath daily to keep infection out. I have done this 26 years now. I will get them more often if I don't. I just do it before bed when I change. But they put almost 30 staples in my stomach and I could not even wipe my own ass for a week after surgery so the first few days no way I could of catheter myself when I needed too so that's why the stupid foley. But like I had said I have had 1000's of bladder infections in my life so this will not be my last either unfortunately. Thanks for the advice. everyone on here is always so supportive.

Reactions: dogboy, Pino and winterheart01
Back