Flowmax ( Tamsulosin)

jackjacklittletwink

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was just prescribed Tamsulosin from my urologist, what experiences have you had with it? I want to hear the good and bad. What kind of side effects?

Reactions: KBoy and PaigeCherubiel
I take it for my waterworks. it doesnt appear to have any side effects.

Reactions: flybaby, KBoy, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
ben0510 said:
I take it for my waterworks. it doesnt appear to have any side effects.
The same...
I am also on Finasteride (Proscar) too for my BPH.

Reactions: KBoy, PaigeCherubiel and jackjacklittletwink
yes thats the other one i'm on. couldnt think of the name. I take a total of 9 tablets each morning. 4 of those are for diabetes.

some people experience dizziness because it can lower blood pressure. Be cautious when going from sitting to standing while you are getting used to this med.

Reactions: Jojo54, KBoy, PaigeCherubiel and 2 others
I've been on tamsulosin instead of alfuzosin for a couple of months with good results and no side effects. I haven't had a flow test or an ultrasound since I started taking it, but I have noticed that my initial stream seems thicker and I pee about as long, so that more urine is coming out in total. I expect that my next bladder scan will show that I am retaining less urine, but I'll have to wait and see. Good luck!

I'm on tamsulosin as well as finasteride. My urologist said you need both working together (I've forgotten the reason). I was warned that I might get a runny nose, which for me is true. I think that was mostly because of finasteride if I recall correctly.

Reactions: gobphus, KBoy, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
They gave me flomax for a kidney stone. Messed up my sinus's, couldn't sleep.

• Wow
Reactions: KBoy, PaigeCherubiel, EcoIncon and 1 other person
These are the issues I had with tamsulosin:
  • dizziness
  • weakness
  • drowsy
  • sinuses
  • sore throat
  • blurred vision
  • sleep problems
and to boot it actually made my incontinence and retention worse...

I'd still take it if it did anything useful.... NOT!

I really hope you have better results~

Last edited:
I have been on Flomax for almost 6 months now and I really have not experience any side effects. It's the only prescription I am on, and I haven't noticed any difference.

My urologist prescribed Flomax for me as I was waking up multiple times per night to urinate. I had no side effects other than difficulty in ejaculating and a noticeable decrease in intensity of climax. I must also say that I didn’t really notice a decrease in having to get up overnight to urinate.

I dropped it due to the effect on reaching climax and changes in how i climaxed...lookup 'retrograde ejaculation'.

Reactions: KBoy and Rusher
I take tamsulosin and finasteride for BPH. Finasteride will make you neuter. 😇

• Wow
Reactions: Regularnot, EcoIncon and KBoy
I have been taking this for almost five years with little to no side effects at all. I got it prescribed by my urologist and while it doesn't seem needed anymore I continue to take it just in case.

surprise35 said:
I have been taking this for almost five years with little to no side effects at all. I got it prescribed by my urologist and while it doesn't seem needed anymore I continue to take it just in case.
Like I said before I take 9 tablets each morning, and I'm not really sure if they are actually all needed. I'm still alive so must all be ok I guess! but joking apart I will at some stage request that my medications are reviewed. no point in taking all that stuff if its not needed.

Have taken it for many years ,the only side effect I have from is retrograde ejaculation .

Tetra said:
Have taken it for many years ,the only side effect I have from is retrograde ejaculation .
I have no ejaculation at all these days. can't even get an erection any more. never mind. all part of getting older.

• Sad
Reactions: Floodingpants, Constantlydamp, Regularnot and 1 other person
I take tamsalosin as well as Tolterodine and apart from the already mentioned retrograde ejaculation have not noticed any side effects. I was on Finasteride but these caused me to grow male breasts (moobs) so was swiftly discontinued.

• Wow
Reactions: Regularnot
jackjacklittletwink said:
I was just prescribed Tamsulosin from my urologist, what experiences have you had with it? I want to hear the good and bad. What kind of side effects?
I was on it for about 9 months and I would get dizzy when standing up.
It didn’t work that well for me because my prostate was beyond help. I was so backed up that I had to got to the hospital for acute renal failure. Two weeks later I had a TURP, I can go almost all day without needing to pee and no unwanted side affects from the surgery. It was a life changer for me, but now I just wear diapers for fun.
Had the surgery made me incontinent I would not have thought it was a terrible thing, but I suppose it’s better to have a choice about wearing diapers.
Oh the surgeon did a biopsy and it was negative for cancer. I lucked out on this one.

My doc prescribed it for an enlarged prostate. Unfortunately it didn't help at all and I ended up requiring surgery instead.

I can't speak to efficacy for others.

Back