First Day of School Outfit

I'm not sure about my very first day at school, but I remember lots of things from my early years at school, which I look back at, mostly fondly:
  • Using the girls' toilets when I thought nobody was looking, because I was scared of the urinal suddenly flushing in the boys' toilets. I never wet myself at school, but I did see it happen to someone else.
  • Drinking milk from a small glass bottle (before "Thatcher the milk snatcher" got her hands on them).
  • Frequently falling over in the playground, and having the yellow "fairies' magic" put on my grazed knee.
  • Not being able to sit still, or quietly, especially during story time: I was often made to stand or sit apart from the other children.
  • For PE ("physical education"), we would undress down to vest and pants, put shoes on bare feet to walk to the gym, and then do PE barefoot; often following instructions from a cassette.
  • Guessing who was speaking in a funny voice - I was blindfolded so there was no cheating.

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris
feetintrouble said:
I'm not sure about my very first day at school, but I remember lots of things from my early years at school, which I look back at, mostly fondly:
  • Using the girls' toilets when I thought nobody was looking, because I was scared of the urinal suddenly flushing in the boys' toilets. I never wet myself at school, but I did see it happen to someone else.
  • Drinking milk from a small glass bottle (before "Thatcher the milk snatcher" got her hands on them).
  • Frequently falling over in the playground, and having the yellow "fairies' magic" put on my grazed knee.
  • Not being able to sit still, or quietly, especially during story time: I was often made to stand or sit apart from the other children.
  • For PE ("physical education"), we would undress down to vest and pants, put shoes on bare feet to walk to the gym, and then do PE barefoot; often following instructions from a cassette.
  • Guessing who was speaking in a funny voice - I was blindfolded so there was no cheating.
Did you wear T strap shoes or Mary Janes on your first day of kindergarten? If you did, you must have been so adorable and your teachers probably thought you were precious 💜😁. What age did you wear T strap shoes / Mary Janes till?

- longallsboy

I remember buying my school supplies and getting ready for the first day of kindergarten. Wore my favorite shoes, Geox, thought I was the coolest kid and never stopped hitting on my teacher who I thought was the prettiest lady in the world.

longallsboy said:
Did you wear T strap shoes or Mary Janes on your first day of kindergarten? If you did, you must have been so adorable and your teachers probably thought you were precious 💜😁. What age did you wear T strap shoes / Mary Janes till?

- longallsboy
I think I only wore the T-straps until about age 3: thereafter I wore "scrapers" (velcro). But I think some other boys wore T-straps. I wanted to wear jelly sandals which were popular with girls at the time.

I'm British, so it's not hard for me to remember. The uniform I wore to my first school was a grey cardigan, white blouse, black skirt, white socks and black mary janes.

PCS said:
I remember my first day of school vividly and have many memories from that first year. Bearing in mind in the UK we start at age 4-5, even many of the people I still know from that time have no memories of it that early.

I remember multiple accidents, wet shorts, skirts etc.

I have recounted the most memorable ones in my origin post here:

Boys tended to get really upset if they had an accident but girls tended not to.

I only saw a nappy being worn to school the once. I would also like to say that in the last years of my studies it was difficult for me to cope with all the tasks, so I was very stressed and had problems at school. It is good that my friend recommended me https://edubirdie.com/case-study-writing-service so that I could turn to someone for help with my tasks and this allowed me to use the skills of professional writers, why I very happy now.

I don't remember any original moments from every first day of school, but I know that for me the beginning of each school year was a very stressful period and it took me a long time to get used to the process! I am glad that now I have less stressful situations in life.

Last edited:
FinleyGibson said:
I don't remember any original moments from every first day of school, but I know that for me the beginning of each school year was a very stressful period and it took me a long time to get used to the process! I am glad that now I have less stressful situations in life.
I don’t know how an advert for an essay writing service ended up in one of my earlier posts.
I can say that I have never used one and that’s not my quote.

Back