Electronic diaper accessories

Canadianfalls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Besides getting a bedwetting alarm and setting it up in a diaper, or getting one of those adult diaper monitoring devices with an app (which looks very cool, like the Opro9), what are some electronic diaper accessories one could get?

I want to experiment with different things. Maybe something can tell me exactly how wet I am, when I should change, or vibrate while I pee? Play music while I pee? Flash a light or something?

I don't know, any ideas are appreciated. I'm just curious to know what other ideas y'all may have and if these things exist.

Reactions: Anburako, Angelapinks and Cottontail
Sadly you missed your chance to play with the Pamper Lumi, which actually worked quite well on adult diapers, provided they had a yellow/blue wetness indicator. (And I devised a workaround for those that didn’t.) It was distinctly cute, though otherwise pointless, having a Pampers app on my phone tell me that my diaper was wet. Naming my baby “Cottontail” made the notifications even cuter. :)

It would’ve been more fun for those in long-distance mommy/daddy relationships, because the data went to the cloud, and you could invite others (like babysitters) to receive it. Your CG on the other side of the planet could be told when you’d used your diaper, and that could be the basis for some role-play.

But! No more. It was discontinued earlier this year. :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: WillFord384, PaigeCherubiel, PupDean and 1 other person
This shows my ignorance. I had no clue electronic diaper devices existed.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Canadianfalls
of course, you can always use these medical devices like Tena Identify to measure the wetness of your diaper and broadcast that to an app. I believe other organisations also make them, they are however mostly available for companies so they can see which patient needs a new diaper, so getting the device and the app might be a complex endeavour.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
I'm sure someone has found a way to make a wetness alarm that will make a diaper vibrate or make a light flash... Something.

I'm surprised all the smart diaper tech is so hard to find. There's valuable info in smart diapers.

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks
Canadianfalls said:
I'm sure someone has found a way to make a wetness alarm that will make a diaper vibrate or make a light flash... Something.

I'm surprised all the smart diaper tech is so hard to find. There's valuable info in smart diapers.
So my idea was a bit kinky but I am a bit like that anyway. I got a 9 volt battery harness from a transistor radio and connected each wire to some light copper wire in the front of my diaper and the other end in the lower back of my diaper. When the diaper got wet the connection would be made and I would get a shock just like if you put the battery terminals on your tongue like some kids would do. It worked sort of but not really the way I hoped.

Reactions: denimchicken, Anburako and Canadianfalls
Generally diaper wetness indicator is all the tech we get in the adult diaper world. do you need an alarm to be told you've wet or is it more a for fun thing?

SparkyDog said:
Generally diaper wetness indicator is all the tech we get in the adult diaper world. do you need an alarm to be told you've wet or is it more a for fun thing?
Mostly for fun, but I think there's practicality in helping avoid bedwetting, or at least knowing when I'm in danger of leaking.

Cottontail said:
Sadly you missed your chance to play with the Pamper Lumi, which actually worked quite well on adult diapers, provided they had a yellow/blue wetness indicator. (And I devised a workaround for those that didn’t.) It was distinctly cute, though otherwise pointless, having a Pampers app on my phone tell me that my diaper was wet. Naming my baby “Cottontail” made the notifications even cuter. :)

It would’ve been more fun for those in long-distance mommy/daddy relationships, because the data went to the cloud, and you could invite others (like babysitters) to receive it. Your CG on the other side of the planet could be told when you’d used your diaper, and that could be the basis for some role-play.

But! No more. It was discontinued earlier this year. :(
Brother, remember when we were talking about this? Still nothing works for cloth, and nothing differentiates between numbered functions, correct?

This sounds like a fun project for someone who likes to tinker with electronics. I’ll see what can be done with cheap sensors (maybe from adafruit?) packaging it down to something like the Pampers Lumi may prove difficult though.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
Canadianfalls said:
Mostly for fun, but I think there's practicality in helping avoid bedwetting, or at least knowing when I'm in danger of leaking.
Yes you could put the sensor on your mattress. But a cheaper easier option would be to use a washable soaker pad on your bed
and use a water proof mattress protector

Reactions: Angelapinks and Canadianfalls
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Brother, remember when we were talking about this? Still nothing works for cloth, and nothing differentiates between numbered functions, correct?
Not that I've seen, no--on both counts. Directly measuring wetness of cloth is easy enough. I like the idea of plastic pants or diaper covers with hydrochromic wetness indicators like on disposables, although I'm not sure how long they'd last. Reusable, screen-printable hydrochromic inks do exist.

Anburako said:
This sounds like a fun project for someone who likes to tinker with electronics. I’ll see what can be done with cheap sensors (maybe from adafruit?) packaging it down to something like the Pampers Lumi may prove difficult though.
Well, that's my day job, and I have thought about it some. I've dissected multiple Lumis and spent some time "spoofing" them with color wheels to see how the triggering worked. Basically they have red and blue LEDs that they blink every couple of seconds, and phototransistors with filters for each of those colors. If the reflected blue light crossed a threshold, the diaper was wet. The red seemed to exist mainly to detect whether the device was actually on a diaper or was detached. If no red was reflected, the device was not on a diaper. Same if any light was detected outside of the LED blinks. Replicating this using a Bluefruit board and a few other bits would be pretty easy I think. The app and cloud infrastructure not as much, or that's not my specialty anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
Canadianfalls said:

Imagine being in a check out line and your diaper starts to make a noise. I can live without that.

• Haha
Reactions: denimchicken, Angelapinks and Canadianfalls
SparkyDog said:
Yes you could put the sensor on your mattress. But a cheaper easier option would be to use a washable soaker pad on your bed
and use a water proof mattress protector
It's an option, I'd rather skip the laundry in all honesty. Plus, even when out and about or at work, I'd love to consciously know when I'm going - it's easy to lose track of that

Anburako said:
Keep us posted! I can't imagine repurposing a simple wetness sensor and alarm with extra accessories would be difficult. Even if it's not a "smart" diaper, having an easy to insert sensor pick up when the diaper is being used, has been used and is full and then reacting to it (however it does) would be neat

Canadianfalls said:
It's an option, I'd rather skip the laundry in all honesty. Plus, even when out and about or at work, I'd love to consciously know when I'm going - it's easy to lose track of that
do you work solo? because do you want an alarm ringing each time you wet?

SparkyDog said:
do you work solo? because do you want an alarm ringing each time you wet?
I do work solo from home at the moment. Yes, I do. I'd imagine the alarm could be a light that flashes or vibration, doesn't need to be a loud noise

Reactions: SparkyDog
Angelapinks said:
So my idea was a bit kinky but I am a bit like that anyway. I got a 9 volt battery harness from a transistor radio and connected each wire to some light copper wire in the front of my diaper and the other end in the lower back of my diaper. When the diaper got wet the connection would be made and I would get a shock just like if you put the battery terminals on your tongue like some kids would do. It worked sort of but not really the way I hoped.
That you might get a laugh out of this:

This is what can happen to you when you play around with a 9 volt battery as one thing leads to another!

• Haha
Reactions: denimchicken, Poohbearboy, Canadianfalls and 1 other person
you can do what you want easily.

I have a cheap chinese one that goes on a diaper and sends message to an app...

If you want to do more/home brew.
Use a teensy 4.0 with a off the peg soil dampness sensor.

I prefer the teensy 4.1 or 4.0 if not needing the larger one as opposed to the arduino or others, it's actually pretty fast and can be used for a lot of tinkering.

Just google for a arduino program to measure soil moisture, and then build a small box/pack for the electronics (even a zip lock would work for testing) and when done conformal coat the thing, or even encase it in shapeware (low temp melting plastic) the final version.

If not into programming, just download a ready done program thaat you google, and then try it, make a change and try it......till happy.

yeah, can do just about anything you put your mind to.

Reactions: PooMinara and Canadianfalls
Bigbabybret said:
you can do what you want easily.

I have a cheap chinese one that goes on a diaper and sends message to an app...

If you want to do more/home brew.
Use a teensy 4.0 with a off the peg soil dampness sensor.

I prefer the teensy 4.1 or 4.0 if not needing the larger one as opposed to the arduino or others, it's actually pretty fast and can be used for a lot of tinkering.

Just google for a arduino program to measure soil moisture, and then build a small box/pack for the electronics (even a zip lock would work for testing) and when done conformal coat the thing, or even encase it in shapeware (low temp melting plastic) the final version.

If not into programming, just download a ready done program thaat you google, and then try it, make a change and try it......till happy.

yeah, can do just about anything you put your mind to.
I was hoping for off the shelf solutions. This is interesting though

Back