Does running water cause you to wet your diaper?

Yes, when I'm wearing.

Reactions: Diprs2 and ChrisK
Running water and especially water running on my body (hand washing, shower) triggers my urge incontinence. I have control for a few minutes but will eventually pee whether I want to or not. My wife likes to mock my pee dance whenever I start washing dishes. Gotta try harder to not dance.

Running water is a trigger for a normal urge in many people.

Reactions: Diprs2
It's funny but I never worried about this before. But this morning at the kitchen sink, as I ran the tap I had a sudden urge to go.

For me it does not make me wet my diaper, but if I had to go it makes the urge even worse...

Yes especially in the morning when I first get up and run the shower or fill the jug for my coffee, even if I have already peed myself just before.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
The sound and the sight of it, not so much. Being in it, definitely. Stepping into a warm shower almost always makes me want to pee, so yes, I do often pee in the shower. When I'm in our hot tub, I try to restrain myself--with about 90% effectiveness. ;)

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
It didn't used to, until I read a post about it by WetKat which made me think about it. Now, every time I run the water for the dishes I have to run to the toilet (I am not free to wear 24/7).

Reactions: WetKat and Angelapinks
Richpip said:
It didn't used to, until I read a post about it by WetKat which made me think about it. Now, every time I run the water for the dishes I have to run to the toilet (I am not free to wear 24/7).
Oh no, did I put the idea into your head? :eek:

It's definitely a problem for me. Even rinsing a coffee mug on the way to the bathroom can set me off unfortunately!

Reactions: Angelapinks
Yes, doing dishes, watering the flowers, or taking a shower. I wet automatically. We went to the waterfalls in our town and as soon as I saw them, I started wetting. It’s kind of funny.

Yes running water definitely makes my need to pee worse and sometimes causes accidents if my blood sugar is already running high which makes me have to pee every 20-25 minutes

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks and Deleted member 57387
Everytime I hear water running my diaper automatically gets wetter.
Tap water, river water, makes no difference.

It causes me to wet almost instantly

Yes, it happens when I first turn it on. I had to learn to turn on the shower then take off my pullup. I've peed on the floor turning the shower on

These days I use or try to use the toilet before starting washing up or watering the garden etc as that prevents any untoward water spillage my Nappy.

Running water quite often gets me, along with standing up after sitting down for a while and frequently just getting to the house (a few seconds more and I could use the toilet but no!).

Count me in! Running water= wet diaper!

Reactions: littledub1955, Sidewinder and Angelapinks
Always. I never take my nappy off until after I've cleaned my teeth in either the morning or evening or I'd pee on the floor. Washing up is the other big trigger for me. Even if I've just wet my nappy as soon as I start the washing up I wet myself again. Of course it's the same for showers, running the bath etc. I welcome it even if I'm used to it. The only problem is swimming pools. I think it's antisocial to pee in there - swim nappies/diapers are for messes and are no good for wetting.

chamberpot said:
For sure running water , doing the dishes , rain, I going to pee in my pants if I am not diapered up, another thing that is more of a learned trigger is when I turn onto our road when driving home. it is like ok pee NOW
The same thing always happens to me too.

This also happens to me a lot.

Hearing running water always makes me need to pee really bad, and I’ll usually leak a bit before I get to the toilet 😅 but touching warm water will usually just make me lose control

Back