Does running water cause you to wet your diaper?

LunaVibin said:
Hearing running water always makes me need to pee really bad, and I’ll usually leak a bit before I get to the toilet 😅 but touching warm water will usually just make me lose control
I love your avatar :) We have a black cat too.

slimjiminy said:
I love your avatar :) We have a black cat too.
Thank you! Black cats are just the greatest, absolute fluffy sweethearts 😀

Reactions: Diprs2, slimjiminy, Angelapinks and 1 other person
One of very few childhood memories is sitting in a hospital bed, I don’t remember why, but I was very young. The nurse came in and wanted a wee sample. She had two jugs of water and passed the water from one to the other. I very quickly gave her a sample!!!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
In the shower....as soon as the warm water hits my feet.

Reactions: Diprs2
ChrisK said:
In the shower....as soon as the warm water hits my feet.
And the second I put on a diaper....never fails

I can wet uncontrollable when around running water.

Yes, turning on a faucet or filling my water bottle at the office water cooler often makes me wet or at least dribble a little.

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks and sport1
1658521734951.pngI was out watering the flowers and refreshing the bird bath with the hose this morning, while waiting to leave for an appointment. While squirting the hose into the bird bath I suddenly peed myself. That was a surprise.

• Sad
slimjiminy said:
View attachment 82957I was out watering the flowers and refreshing the bird bath with the hose this morning, while waiting to leave for an appointment. While squirting the hose into the bird bath I suddenly peed myself. That was a surprise.
That happens to me almost all the time.

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1 and slimjiminy
Freddie07601 said:
For as long as I can remember, running water has caused me to pee (or, for the years when I had some control, to feel a strong urge to pee.) Whether it's the shower, a kitchen faucet, a flushing toilet, or a waterfall or running stream, I always pee. I remember my mother laughing about it, and my siblings teasing me. Have any of you had a similar experience? OR does something else trigger uncontrollable peeing?
Always has for me

No but interestingly the gurgle of water such as from my humidifier burping or sink clearing out sometimes can set off my bowels depending on gas pressure at the time.

I know a nearly IC person who says pumping gas triggers him, except that he can still hold back with some effort. I'm never noticed this myself.

Definitely does 1st thing in the morning

It gets me every damn time. Brushing teeth or when shaving I leave the hot water on to rinse my razor out. Even if I just went it make me have to go more. If I have no pee in me it triggers painful bladder spasms sometimes too. I always end up peeing in the shower too. Jut part of being incontinent. Somethings trigger it more. Like extreme cold. I can be inside and walk outside when it is 20 degrees and then I just start feeling a warm diaper. LOL

Diaperman95 said:
It gets me every damn time. Brushing teeth or when shaving I leave the hot water on to rinse my razor out. Even if I just went it make me have to go more. If I have no pee in me it triggers painful bladder spasms sometimes too. I always end up peeing in the shower too. Jut part of being incontinent. Somethings trigger it more. Like extreme cold. I can be inside and walk outside when it is 20 degrees and then I just start feeling a warm diaper. LOL
Yes, every time for me also. I like winter better than summer because I get to ware thick fleece lined tights that keep me warm and hold my diaper close to my body but as soon as I go outside, the cold triggers my bladder. Every morning or night when I brush my teeth it just opens up and I pee.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and Diaperman95
Angelapinks said:
Yes, every time for me also. I like winter better than summer because I get to ware thick fleece lined tights that keep me warm and hold my diaper close to my body but as soon as I go outside, the cold triggers my bladder. Every morning or night when I brush my teeth it just opens up and I pee.
Yep and doing the damn dishes get me too. I don't know what it is but some times even pumping gas gets me to go.

Your brain is conditioned so that when it feels wet there it can let go. So it also happens to you when not wearing.

littly said:
Your brain is conditioned so that when it feels wet there it can let go. So it also happens to you when not wearing.
only time I am not wearing is in the shower, and as stated above when I take showers my bladder empties the entire time. But even non incontinent people get the urge to go when water is running.

Reactions: Diprs2 and craigd1341
Diaperman95 said:
only time I am not wearing is in the shower, and as stated above when I take showers my bladder empties the entire time. But even non incontinent people get the urge to go when water is running.
Yeah I know I was talking about the case that "Once I put diapers I feel the urge". I also get the urge when there is water

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1 and Diaperman95
Sometimes for me. I can definitely feel like those muscles are relaxing like they want to go. But I do know for sure I have very little little control in the shower. It’s just so uncomfortable to shower while holding it in, so I’ll just go right before the feeling even hits.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Diaperman95
Back