Do your relatives, friends know your AB/DL

tobey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I never told anyone about it except my psychiatrist.
2 days before 2019 Christmas, my mom found one of my soaked diapers in the kitchen trash. I told her it was for sexual reasons. Anyway I felt awfully ashamed that day and we never spoke about it then, which is okay for me but I don't think she takes it in a good way.

By relatives I mean parents/siblings/friends, if so:

- What was their reaction?
- How did they find out?

If your parents learned it in your childhood :

- Did they accept it and even let you grow with your Baby identity/items/habits. (diapers, clothings, pacifiers, toys)?
(- Did they decide sometimes to actually play the game of treating you like an infant?)

- Or they didn't approve that and implicate limits (confiscate items)?

I'm really curious about if AB/DL lifestyle is generally implicated in families.

Reactions: littledub1955, mark58 and BobbiSueEllen
I'm likely a bit older than you (30s) so my perspective and experiences are a bit different.

I am going through a marital split up. I opened up to my mother about some of the reasons why my marriage fell apart, one of the reasons is that I wear diapers at night. I explained that I am not proud of it (even though I really am) and that I understand how strange it is. My mother was accepting and would be happier if I didn't do it, but she doesn't make me feel guilty or bad about it.

My wife also found out, I told her, and she hated it and could not accept it.

I also setup two (1.5 hr) meetings with a therapist just to clear my concious before I went ahead with divorce. My therapist was fresh out of University but was aware of ABDL, I was his first case. He made me feel good about wearing diapers and said I should not feel any shame or stop it if I don't want to.

The problem for us ABDLs is that it seems so harmless and enjoyable, its strange but whats the big deal? But for most of our friends and family it's kind of messed up that we would want to wear a diaper and use it.

I think in another 3-5 years from now ABDL and adult diapers will be a bit more known about than it is today.

Two years ago there were a lot less ABDL diapers and clothing on Amazon, and medical supply vendors. Today there are a lot of ABDL items on Amazon and almost all adult diaper supply companies have added ABDL diapers to their product list.

• Wow
Reactions: mark58, KittyMerriweather, BobbiSueEllen and 4 others
neophyte said:
I'm likely a bit older than you (30s) so my perspective and experiences are a bit different.

I am going through a marital split up. I opened up to my mother about some of the reasons why my marriage fell apart, one of the reasons is that I wear diapers at night. I explained that I am not proud of it (even though I really am) and that I understand how strange it is. My mother was accepting and would be happier if I didn't do it, but she doesn't make me feel guilty or bad about it.

My wife also found out, I told her, and she hated it and could not accept it.

I also setup two (1.5 hr) meetings with a therapist just to clear my concious before I went ahead with divorce. My therapist was fresh out of University but was aware of ABDL, I was his first case. He made me feel good about wearing diapers and said I should not feel any shame or stop it if I don't want to.

The problem for us ABDLs is that it seems so harmless and enjoyable, its strange but whats the big deal? But for most of our friends and family it's kind of messed up that we would want to wear a diaper and use it.

I think in another 3-5 years from now ABDL and adult diapers will be a bit more known about than it is today.

Two years ago there were a lot less ABDL diapers and clothing on Amazon, and medical supply vendors. Today there are a lot of ABDL items on Amazon and almost all adult diaper supply companies have added ABDL diapers to their product list.
Wow sorry to hear that im also going through a divorce because of other reasons but i never told my wife about my diaper wearing because i knew she would of hated it and probably would of left me for it. I tried to test the waters with converations of people that wear diapers for fun but it always seemed like she was grossed out by it. Im sure further into the future it will be somewhat accepted and funny like people that love feet and stuff but for now its gonna be my fun little secret.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Safari, Subtlerustle and 2 others
I have a very similar experience to @neophyte.

My partner found out accidentally. She didn’t like it at first but made some progress to accept it, unfortunately she could never really get past it so we separated.

Throughout all this there were some periods I spent at my mums house to give my partner some space, and it was here that I explained to my mum what was going on. She was totally ok with it as she was thinking something much worse, so it put her mind at ease it was only diapers 🤣. I explained it’s something I do for comfort and that it’ll never go away, she still seems to think, perhaps wishfully, that once the stress triggers are resolved I’ll stop wearing nappies. She’s been searching for childhood triggers which has made for some cringey conversations, I explained (for me) I don’t think it comes down to any particular thing growing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: neophyte and RedPandaDL
tobey said:
2 days before 2019 Christmas, my mom found one of my soaked diapers in the kitchen trash. I told her it was for sexual reasons. Anyway I felt awfully ashamed that day and we never spoke about it then, which is okay for me but I don't think she takes it in a good way.

- How did they find out?

- Did they accept it and even let you grow with your Baby identity/items/habits. (diapers, clothings, pacifiers, toys)?
(- Did they decide sometimes to actually play the game of treating you like an infant?)

I'm really curious about if AB/DL lifestyle is generally implicated in families.
I have always managed to keep it secret but my gf got her mum to buy her pacifiers for stress/anxiety when she was in highschool and just accepted it. She also have a sippy that her younger brother discovered but he just asked about it and dropped it.
tobey said:

- How did they find out?

I have always managed to keep it secret but my gf got her mum to buy her pacifiers for stress/anxiety when she was in highschool and she just accepted it and said nothing to the rest of the family. She also had a sippy in her room that her younger brother discovered but he just asked about it and dropped it.

Reactions: tobey and BobbiSueEllen
For those guys that have had a break up, would you agree that there were other marital issues and that diapers were perhaps a mutual nail in the proverbial coffin?
I ask b/c as @neophyte stated, we seem to feel that it’s harmless. There are plenty of relationships that are on good standing that can *cough* absorb the revelation. So I think it’s a time and place thing rather than the substance or the object of our desire.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Peesalot and neophyte
Well i do think there is a time and a place to break the news about diaper loving and that its not a good idea to tell partner when there mad at you or its not going so well. If i was going to tell it would of been after the partner is like head over heels in love with you cause there more likely to accept you for you or put up with it cause they just love you enough.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Subtlerustle said:
For those guys that have had a break up, would you agree that there were other marital issues and that diapers were perhaps a mutual nail in the proverbial coffin?
I ask b/c as @neophyte stated, we seem to feel that it’s harmless. There are plenty of relationships that are on good standing that can *cough* absorb the revelation. So I think it’s a time and place thing rather than the substance or the object of our desire.

I’m my case there were some problems prior to her finding out about my diapers; which was, as you said, the nail in the coffin. My wife (x wife... gotta get used to that) said she would have tried working on our relationship (again) but diapers in bed are a deal breaker. We are still amazing friends and get along well, and are parents too so this is a serious subject. From the beginning we were always just “amazing best friends” who dated on and off... and finally settled and got married after years of failed dating with others. No regrets.

True mad and wild love wouldn’t let a crazy kink like this get in the way.

My parents and brother know. My mom is pretty cool about it. She wants me to grow out of it but doesn’t mind when I order diapers online. My brother is okay with it to as long as I don’t wear around him. My dad does not approve but he never talks about it.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Rezzu and damnstinkyfeett
neophyte said:
I’m my case there were some problems prior to her finding out about my diapers; which was, as you said, the nail in the coffin. My wife (x wife... gotta get used to that) said she would have tried working on our relationship (again) but diapers in bed are a deal breaker. We are still amazing friends and get along well, and are parents too so this is a serious subject. From the beginning we were always just “amazing best friends” who dated on and off... and finally settled and got married after years of failed dating with others. No regrets.

True mad and wild love wouldn’t let a crazy kink like this get in the way.
Thanks. Your experience kind of confirms my theory. Number one take away folks. Tell them early and confidently. Leverage that time period that @damnstinkyfeett refers to. I know I didn’t follow that advice and it’s had its major pitfalls. We’ve managed to fix things but there is a delicate balance that we are both conscious of which my wife confirms would be a non issue if I hadn’t have held back. Ie to her it’s not about diapers, it’s the association with not being truthful.

My best childhoodfriend know. She came out of the closet to me. And some years later i told her i was an adult baby. She took it very cool, as long as i didn't ask her to babysit me. She even gave me feeted pjs to Christmas.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle, ABDLBoy, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
NorGirlBaby said:
My best childhoodfriend know. She came out of the closet to me. And some years later i told her i was an adult baby. She took it very cool, as long as i didn't ask her to babysit me. She even gave me feeted pjs to Christmas.
She told me she was bi. And i was the first of our friends she told it to. I was very cool about it. This was in the beginning of the 2000. I got shocked but i told her, the friendship wouldn't change. For me she was still the same.

Reactions: ABDLBoy, BobbiSueEllen and pampers47
Only 2 people know I wear diapers as well as women's lingerie. One is my wife. The other is a 51 year old step nephew. I told him after he shared with me that he is bi (but primarily interested in men). I told him so he would have confidence I would not be judgemental about his sexual preferences. I thought that him knowing I'm a bit away from the vanilla mainstream would be indicative I can easily accept his preference for men. Since then we have shared a lot of info with one another about what we do and what we enjoy.

Up until just recently, only my mother and father (probably my brother) knew I probably wore protection at night. From 4 - 10 (11?) I had nighttime enuresis off / on so wearing some form of security (mostly plastic underpants) was a norm. I was dry from 13 - 17 but in college it returned and though my parents never directly discussed it with me, my mom saw I put my plastic mattress cover on my bed again and my dad saw my pp one time on top of my bed so they mostly knew though since it was never a big deal as a kid, we never really talked about it. I wet the bed at night so I wore protection, it made sense to me, nothing to really discuss. I had several good fiends and partners that I never hid my night time protection from so bringing it out in the open was not such a big deal once they heard it from me directly or saw me changing into my nighttime bed clothes.

When I first starting dating my wife I informed her like the others but eventually we became more steady and she noted I only seemed to have accidents several times per year but still wore protection every night. I told her of my security I get while wearing and I never knew which nights I may have an accident so I wore always. She understands this.

Several months ago I stayed at a college friend's vacation home when they offered while I was in the area on business. As circumstances happened, I had to affirm to them I wanted a plastic mattress cover to stay on the bed (my friend's spouse was going to take it off since her nephew needed it the previous month he stayed there) and eventually they had to know about my training underwear and pp. They are completely fine about it (and probably glad I told them I wear protection so they do not have to deal with wet sheets and / or ruined mattress). In fact, as a PT, she offered to buy some pullups for me since she buys them for her nephew as she gets a huge discount at the medical store.

So it is getting better by the years / decades for people understanding that others just wear special types of underwear at night or day and it is no big deal.

Reactions: sissygirlpink and BobbiSueEllen
I have two friends that know about it.. I told my first friend after she came out to me that she was a little (her littlespace age is 7-9) and she was very accepting. The second friend I came out to a few days ago actually. We've been really close friends since childhood, she was also very accepting which made me feel amazing 🥰

My dad found out by accident, he came into my room and opened my dresser and pulled out a diaper and asked what it was.. Me being young and scared I simply said "I don't know.." and so he put it back and walked out of my room and nothing was said about it again..

My girlfriend, her daughter and two of my girlfriends close friends know I wear diapers and rubber pants. I told my girlfriend shortly after we first met because we seemed to get along so well and I wanted to feel free to express my long time love of wearing cloth diapers and rubber pants. Over time she told her daughter and then her two close friends. She has also told a waitress in a restaurant we go to frequently because I think she just thought I needed to be changed and asked for a key to the restroom and and whether they had changing table. Many years ago one of my sisters discovered my diapers and rubber pants while trying to help unpack my suitcase while I stayed with her during a business trip. She wanted to know why and I told her about my long interests in wearing diapers and rubber pants starting when we were children. Mom diapered me every night until I was 17 because of bedwetting. My sister both wore diapers for bedwetting as well, one stopping when she was 7 and the other 11. My sister told our other sister about my diapers-they both assumed I had stopped using diapers when I stopped bedwetting at home. Over the years I have told few other women I met and dated but most thought I was weird and wanted nothing more to do with me. I did finally marry but was too afraid to tell her so I had to hide my diaper and rubber pants for many years. We divorced and I promised myself never to start a relationship without fully disclosing my interest in wearing diapers and rubber pants.

My closest friends and my immediate family do. It sort of had to come up in talking about why my first marriage failed. The topic is again reading its head now that my second one is also ending.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Lyric
My parents have no idea thankfully. My mom found one of my bottles because she's incredibly nosy and would go through my stuff. Her reaction was pretty much just "ok weird" and she'd make fun of me for it. I wouldn't be surprised if she told others.

The only friends that know are my best friends who I met off FetLife so we're all a little whacky. They're completely accepting and encouraging. My boyfriend also knows and he's very encouraging.
In the past 2 of my partners knew. One was a daddy, the other was disgusted and left me for another woman a few months later. No tears shed though he was an absolute jerk and I was happy to be out of that toxic relationship.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Subtlerustle and Lyric
I have a sort of odd situation there.
I have always been IC so never out of diapers. Also some other issues, none to bad, but a lot of them, and other AB product have always made things easier in general (on both myself and others).
So yes a lot are aware of it, but not all know about everything, or anything beyond it is useful due to my issues.
Every time some occasion like xmas, birthday, ex. someone (sometimes a few) is giving me diapers at least, sometimes a few other AB type things.
My mom I know definitely knows all about it, no problem there 0 she even once took the time to make stuff like onesies,, ex. that would fir me - and yes they could have been useful anyway (used at home and relatives houses all the time when I was younger) - but they were not plain white, or even solid colors, she had pretty cute patterns on the cloth!

Reactions: Kittyinpink, BobbiSueEllen and Lyric
Back