Do you feel, or have you ever felt shame waring diapers, and if yes, then why?

in the beginning I was very self conscious about being diapered but that quickly disappeared the more I wore now I do not care if some one notices my diaper its a part of dealing with IC issues.

Reactions: Lethdale, Ortler, SebUK97 and 1 other person
I do tend to get a lot of shame wearing diapers. Ive never worn a diaper in public, around the time I was starting to get "adventurous" with it I had to shut it down for 4 and half years. But I'm coming around to it again.

Reactions: SebUK97 and BobbiSueEllen
Yes for along time I was ashamed of wearing diapers/nappies as a adult not least because I was the only one in our family who had to return to this form of protection,

as I was potty trained at 3-4 and hadn't worn diapers since I was 3-4 with the exception of my bed wetting problems from the age of six to nine and a half

I choose to Return to nappies after being diagnosed with a weak bladder aka oabin 2010 following turning 30 years of age, and I am now 43 at the time of writing this.

And although I wasn't told to wear them by the doctors or health providers I had made my mind up.

And over time I got over my embarrassment and the shame wore away after I decided not to fight my body anymore and have now fully embraced the fact that I will probably be in them for the rest of my life and I am not ashamed to admit that fact.

And in away it's not defeat its a victory as I've re-discovered how much I liked them when I was a child and now that I am an adult I feel more comfortable in diapers than without them

although I actually don't wear them all the time at this point in my life however if things keep going the way they are now then perhaps I might be back in them 24/7 although I am not wishing for this to happen it's just I am disabled as In aI am autistic and have bladder issues so my condition isn't getting any better over time.

Maybe I might have to become a infant again only as an adult with people/care providers looking after me, although I will cross that bridge when I come to it or if I choose to attend a abdl nursery, but that's a story for another day.

Chinababy888 said:
Yes for along time I was ashamed of wearing diapers/nappies as a adult not least because I was the only one in our family who had to return to this form of protection,

as I was potty trained at 3-4 and hadn't worn diapers since I was 3-4 with the exception of my bed wetting problems from the age of six to nine and a half

I choose to Return to nappies after being diagnosed with a weak bladder aka oabin 2010 following turning 30 years of age, and I am now 43 at the time of writing this.

And although I wasn't told to wear them by the doctors or health providers I had made my mind up.

And over time I got over my embarrassment and the shame wore away after I decided not to fight my body anymore and have now fully embraced the fact that I will probably be in them for the rest of my life and I am not ashamed to admit that fact.

And in away it's not defeat its a victory as I've re-discovered how much I liked them when I was a child and now that I am an adult I feel more comfortable in diapers than without them

although I actually don't wear them all the time at this point in my life however if things keep going the way they are now then perhaps I might be back in them 24/7 although I am not wishing for this to happen it's just I am disabled as In aI am autistic and have bladder issues so my condition isn't getting any better over time.

Maybe I might have to become a infant again only as an adult with people/care providers looking after me, although I will cross that bridge when I come to it or if I choose to attend a abdl nursery, but that's a story for another day.
I'm glad that you no longer feel embarrassment or shame. I hope that you are able to maintain choice over dependence for as long as possible. 🫂

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
TreeLad said:
I would say that it depends on what the setting is. If I'm on my own or it's just me and the wife then no, there's no shame (although it took a long time before I felt like that being with her). Other than that I still feel like it's weird and that I'm doing something wrong.

My wife will be the first one to say that she just doesn't get it and will never understand it. I tried to explain to her just how deep these desires go and that for me it's a need.

She disagrees and says that it's not a need, it's a choice and it's something that I simply choose to do.

She's good to me, when I read of how it comes between some people's relationships, I feel like she puts up with a lot from me. She says she's accepted this side of me. In truth I think she just tolerates it. There are boundaries set in place (which I accept) but those boundaries to me are proof that she doesn't fully understand or accept this side of me.
Can I ask what sort of boundaries have been set? I have told my wife who is mostly supportive. Some days I feel like she is into this. Other days I feel like she dosn’t like to see me wear a diaper however she’s never seen it. I’d love to learn more about where the line sits in your situation. Cheers.

Yes I did and still do feel ashamed and embarrassed sometimes. Only my mistress knows about it and people on here of corse. It's a strongly held secret which alone indicates how I feel. When I first tried on a diper I had every stereotypical thought imaginable. That I'm childish n describing n other things I'm not going to say. But theses are society's opinions not my own because up to then I'd never expetanced dipers so had nothing else to go one. When I realised how much they help me relax and offered my littles the relief they needed, my mind changed. I do still get bad days when thoes negitive thoughts re appear but that's just how my life works.

Reactions: wideend, SebUK97 and BobbiSueEllen
It struggle pretty frequently with the kink side of wearing diapers. Even thought i know who I am and what I stand for, it can be difficult to cope with from time to time. If I had to bet, I'd say the minor mental health struggles I have probably stem from some form of internal shame of having this fetish.

It's also weird because for me it a 50/50 conflict (wearing for comfort with no sexual feelings and then wearing for fetish) In terms of wearing for comfort, I've never felt shame. I was potty trained early and never had to wear diapers or pull ups growing up, but recently I had a procedure done that required me to wear some form of protection because the ointment was really greasy and bled through my pants. I opted to wear pull ups for that and didn't feel shame at all.

So I guess in short, yes and no lol

• Thinking
Reactions: perlFerret, SebUK97 and BobbiSueEllen
This would have been a good poll.

Yes I have. But not anymore 😅

• Haha
Reactions: wideend, SebUK97 and BobbiSueEllen
PassiveRenegade said:
Yes I did and still do feel ashamed and embarrassed sometimes. Only my mistress knows about it and people on here of corse. It's a strongly held secret which alone indicates how I feel. When I first tried on a diper I had every stereotypical thought imaginable. That I'm childish n describing n other things I'm not going to say. But theses are society's opinions not my own because up to then I'd never expetanced dipers so had nothing else to go one. When I realised how much they help me relax and offered my littles the relief they needed, my mind changed. I do still get bad days when thoes negitive thoughts re appear but that's just how my life works.
I know that many have felt and still do feel ashamed or embarrassed at times, but you really shouldn't. Self acceptance is paramount to be able to feel at one with yourself.

Society's opinions are what they are, but you shouldn't allow that to deny you from the benefits that you gain from wearing a diaper. Being able to relax is important, and if wearing a diaper helps you to achieve this, then that surely is a good thing!

It really is fine to keep it a private endeavour, it is really not essential to involve anyone else, unless you want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: wideend and BobbiSueEllen
Prillprillprill said:
This would have been a good poll.

Yes I have. But not anymore 😅
Great! :)

Reactions: Prillprillprill
SebUK97 said:
I personally don't feel shame with wearing diapers, and i don't understand why wearing a diaper is viewed so negatively by society at large?

The reasons why those of us who choose to wear diapers are indeed many and varied, but i don't consider the act in and of itself to be particularly controversial.

I know that some people consider that diapers, and use of them, should only be reserved exclusively for babies, or those with a genuine need to wear them, but who determines "need" and aren't all "needs" equally important?

I don't think that anyone should ever be made to feel shame or guilt, as a result of wearing diapers, or be made to feel inadequate. I think that ultimately it is a personal decision, as to what we choose to wear, and our reasons for doing so.

We should not seek devision, or adopt a them and us approach. Acceptance, starts with our own, but equally an understanding of everybody's want's, needs and yes, "desires", is important.

What are your thoughts?
Excellent question.
Will get back to you.
Thanks

SebUK97 said:
I know that many have felt and still do feel ashamed or embarrassed at times, but you really shouldn't. Self acceptance is paramount to be able to feel at one with yourself.

Society's opinions are what they are, but you shouldn't allow that to deny you from the benefits that you gain from wearing a diaper. Being able to relax is important, and if wearing a diaper helps you to achieve this, then that surely is a good thing!

It really is fine to keep it a private endeavour, it is really not essential to involve anyone else, unless you want to.
Yes I agree and thank you for your kind words.

I have a lot of problems and poor view on self, I wish it was easier to except things about myself.

• Wow
SebUK97 said:
I personally don't feel shame with wearing diapers, and i don't understand why wearing a diaper is viewed so negatively by society at large?

The reasons why those of us who choose to wear diapers are indeed many and varied, but i don't consider the act in and of itself to be particularly controversial.

I know that some people consider that diapers, and use of them, should only be reserved exclusively for babies, or those with a genuine need to wear them, but who determines "need" and aren't all "needs" equally important?

I don't think that anyone should ever be made to feel shame or guilt, as a result of wearing diapers, or be made to feel inadequate. I think that ultimately it is a personal decision, as to what we choose to wear, and our reasons for doing so.

We should not seek devision, or adopt a them and us approach. Acceptance, starts with our own, but equally an understanding of everybody's want's, needs and yes, "desires", is important.

What are your thoughts?
For many years I was deeply ashamed and confused about my desire to wear nappies.
It was enormously stressful.
But it just wouldn’t go away.
Eventually I sought counselling and that made all the difference.
Wearing nappies does not define us…it is something that we get joy from ❤️

• Love
Yup. But I just sort of get on with it too.

• Haha
Reactions: SebUK97, BobbiSueEllen and Davvyboy
DiaperedJeff said:
I’m not ashamed of wearing diapers at all. I don’t publicize it, but if people notice it doesn’t matter. It’s only underwear. These days diapers are so openly available and used it is pretty much accepted. You can buy them at our local grocery store!
Great perspective 👍

Reactions: SebUK97, wideend and BobbiSueEllen
inconowl said:
As someone who’s struggled with incontinence their whole life and the constant struggle with shame and embarrassment is very real.
I have an amazing support system (the people who know) and still shame is always in the back of my mind. It’s the social stigma and also the “invisible disability” that took me a very long time to come to terms with the fact that like glasses it’s out of my control and how I handle my disorder is for my convenience and comfort.
I hope you feel that you have a lovely support system here too 😊

DiaperedJeff said:
First wife I told after about three years of marriage one night. I just showed her my diapers and plastic pants and explained how I liked to wear them. She was very “vanilla” and couldn’t understand it at all. We eventually divorced for other reasons and remain close friends to this day. I met my second wife when I visited her for a professional mommy session. So she knew all about ABDL and “littles”. We eventually fell in love and married. ABDL is not part of our lifestyle now though I still wear diapers and she understands and accepts me for who I am. We have other interests together and a wonderful, loving relationship.

The desire for diapers never goes away so it’s best to just be honest about it.
Wow, good for you 👌

LittleUK1 said:
Thanks, I know you’re so right. I just think it’s too far gone now, been married for years. Feel it’s not fair to hide it but it’s also not fair to put the stress on her, so decided to keep all to myself and deal with the secrecy.
It is a great burden keeping a secret all your life.
Secretly see a counsellor if it gets too much.

When first starting yes a lot just because of all the stereotypes about it being for younger age groups. Discovering adisc helped me get better at dealing with this when I realized I wasn't alone. I occasionally still have it occur but much more rarely than b4.

Reactions: SebUK97, BabyLouise, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
mistykitty said:
When first starting yes a lot just because of all the stereotypes about it being for younger age groups. Discovering adisc helped me get better at dealing with this when I realized I wasn't alone. I occasionally still have it occur but much more rarely than b4.
Lovely answer 😊

Back