Do you care if your waistband shows?

Less and less as time goes on it seems, used to be quite nervous about it showing, wearing rompers most of the time, now not so much anymore.
Used to have this one dream where my waistband showed during PE class, so yeah that definitely put the scare into me as a teen of being discovered.

Reactions: BigAl1
This puppy doesn't go out of my way to hide it / get paranoid in public. Around co-workers and family whom don't want to have a discussion with am a bit more apprehensive and cautious about it.

This puppy also feels that waistband peekage above the pants is a hot look - enjoy seeing the diaper waistband above the jeans - reminds me that I'm diapered as I should be. Going shirtless when in appropriate contexts with the diaper peekage is fun an appropriate for this puppy! Also love seeing it on others - in my head it shows they're confident and comfortable with themselves and it's kinda hot lol.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955 and Lostdiapersboy
I don’t purposely show it but if my shirt rides up and it’s there. Oh well. No one is asking questions about people’s boxers that are on display when people sag their pants or making a big deal out of it. Why should it be any different with what underwear we wear. Hope this helps somebody.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955
K00paTr00pa said:
Lately if I’m out and about while padded up I’ve been caring less and less if my waistband sticks out. I still wear longish pullovers or cardigans to cover up, but otherwise if I bend over and someone sees, I don’t feel like it’s a big deal.

Anyone else in the same mindset?
I thought I’d offer a little bit different of a perspective. As a girl, I’m already pretty aware that there are guys checking me out/looking at my butt, so I’m pretty careful about what outfit/diaper combos I wear out in public. Maybe I’m more paranoid than I need to be but I definitely feel like people would notice if my diaper stuck out at all.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Used to take lots of care to make sure nobody saw my waistband - now I really don’t care - not that I make a point of having it on show - but if I bend over and my shirt has become untucked not too bothered if anyone sees - just my underwear now

I find waistband peek-ups particularly embarrassing, hence's the reason I prefer avoid wearing plastic-backed disposables while going outdoors.

I do my best to keep my diapers from peeking out when I'm in public. In certain situations, it would definitely be a disaster for me. I live in a small, rural community where gossip is like currency. It would be way too easy for me to become "that diaper guy," and I have a family, so I wouldn't be the only one hurt by that. Anymore, when I go out in diapers, I wear a plain-colored onesie and baggy clothing to make sure I'm not putting on a show. So far, so good. ...I hope!

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Yeah high waistbands bother me. More when I was a kid/teen than now because I'm not worried about being seen in my own home? No one's going to randomly be around me when I'm wearing. It's nice to have that control when you think about it!

I don't wear outside of the house very often anyway, and usually when I wear it's to bed so no one would ever see! But I grew up keeping my bed wetting "a secret" from friends and people we didn't see often and never wanted the waistband seen because that was the obvious way to get caught as a bed wetter. So extra long shirts and pajama bottoms were pretty normal clothes for me to wear back then and now I just wear a shirt and pajama bottoms or shorts and don't worry about it as much but I'm definitely aware and keep my wearing private and discreet.

Nope not at all

I am not going to freak out and melt down if my diaper shows bending over or reaching for the top shelf at walmart. But I try really hard to keep it from showing. I always fold the waste band inside the diaper. It helps keep from showing but it also helps prevent leaks especially when laying down. But then again I get mad when I see asshats wearing their pants half off their ass and their underwear showing. Or a person bending over and their crack showing. My God people buy cloths that fit. Try a belt... I know they are a new thing and all. Levis has only been putting belt loops on their pants since 1922.... So like maybe it is time to try a belt. No one wants to see your underwear or your diaper. Grow up!

I use pants a size to big to cover my diaper and a stretch belt. It works very well looks nice. I bowl 2 or 3 nights a week and my diaper never shows.

Try one... https://www.amazon.com/Erato-Elasti...5&psc=1&mcid=65096876fa93344bba8e250191270f08

• Haha
Reactions: CptKirk
While I try to be discreet because let's face it certain people can be very asinine about such matters I also don't get too hung up on making sure my diaper is not visible, it's not the end of the world if the wing or waistband of the diaper happens to become visible. I dress to avoid showing everyone in sight my diaper but sometimes it just happens and it's really not worth becoming upset over.

This is an interesting topic... I love the look of a little waistband poking out the top, I find it really cute, but at the same time, I don't want anyone else to see a waistband on me...

I've been looking at ordering more GoodNites, and I'm on the fence for when I want to place that order. Do I want the old ones, that perform slightly worse, but have a lower waistband, or do I want the new ones that are rolling out, that work better, and reportedly have a significantly higher waistband? I'm very torn. I like the idea of ones that perform better, and part of me yearns to see that waistband poking up, but half the reason I value GoodNites is their low rise. I can put a pair of underwear over them and completely hide them from view.

It depends. I usually wear Gary pants and a onesie over the top so it’s not an issue, but I also have autism and wearing so many layers overstimulates me so I do often wear just a nappy under my pants when at home and travelling. At home I don’t care if the waistband shows as the only person who sees is my partner. When travelling I also don’t worry too much as I’m unlikely to see people I know. I would never wear a nappy without a onesie over the top in the town I live in or to work, though. People talk and I would find it hard to live with the embarrassment if my colleagues, friends or family found out.

Yes, I do care. And because of that I usually tuck a t-shirt down in the waste of my pants or shorts, so when I have to stretch for something, it wont show if the sweather I am earing is rising above the pant line.

Wow this post got more traction than I thought it would lol. It’s good to know that if my waistband does peek out, there’s other likeminded people out there.

Cozycomfort1 said:
I'm about to navigate new territory. It's growing warmer here and if I don't need a shirt, I dont wear one. But. I also haven't done so while wearing a diaper. And I know the back waistband sticks up from my pants most of the time. This could be tricky. I don't advertise physically, im not open about my diaper wearing personally, and id sooner people close to me don't find out unless I say so. Strangers on the other hand, idc.
I wear underwear over diaper so that waist band is what is showing.
Cloth back diapers are less slippery
With this option.

Reactions: Vinylfeet
LittleTyke said:
When I am in public, I actually enjoy having the diaper waistband above the pants, but covered by shirt and jacket.

On one occation, I believe that I accidentally flashed it to a number of people (sorry!). I was entering an airplane, and was about to sit behind a small child, who was very unhappy. The child was thirsty, but the parent had nothing to drink, and due to the imminent take-off, the flight crew could not sell the parent a bottle of water. I had an extra bottle with me, which I gave to the parent. Afterwards, it dawned on me that, while crouching down in the aisle to find the bottle in my bag, I must have flashed the top of my plastic pants, and possibly the edge of the diaper, to eveyone sitting in the aisle seats behind me... :oops:

Nobody made a remark, though.
Probably no one noticed.

Reactions: LittleTyke
I try my best to ensure it doesn't show, but when I am working? Not much I can do about it. If it shows, it shows. Hell.I "gimp" along, need a cane and my lower back has suffered "significant" joint & spinal destruction. Those are the words written in my medical records. I have bigger issues to worry about sadly.

I kinda care. I always wear a long shirt and baggy pants. If it happens to show i don't really think people would care or notice that its a diaper.

Back