Buying Diapers Again (And Going 24/7 For A Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalGeometry

Rock & Stone!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Okay, everyone was definitely right.
I've bought diapers twice in the past, enjoyed them for a bit, then hit a wall where I felt disgusted with myself and impulse threw them out. But, as everyone said before, I am back.

I will have around a week to myself again, but this time I have much longer to prepare for it, and I'm more confident that I'll enjoy it. Because I'm now at Uni and am thus in charge of my own washing completely, I have been able to on multiple occasions wet my underwear and I loved it. Before whenever I wet the diapers I hated it but wetting my underwear felt really good, and so did messing it (bit embarrassed to admit to that but hey ho). So this time, I feel confident that I won't be throwing them out on impulse again, and that I'll actually really love the whole experience.

My window is in April, over two months away. Since the last time I bought diapers I've been listing everything that I really wanted to do in them that I never got the chance for, and I've come to realise that the solution to most of it is to go 24/7. For example, I found that even if I didn't pee for 24 hours, I would only pee in the diaper a little when I did go. But, if I wear 24/7 for the whole week, I'll have no other option but to pee fully eventually.

But if I'm gonna go 24/7 for a week or at least attempt to, I'm gonna need lots of advice.

1. How many diapers will I need? I'm a 6'2 male weighing around 75kg (165lbs). I drink more than enough and eat plenty too. I normally go to the bathroom 4 times a day, 50/50 on purpose. I plan to change only a little after messing, though that plan may change depending on how much I like the feeling. Assuming I am purchasing average capacity adult diapers (I think around 4L is average?), how many do you guys think I will need for the week? I can always cut it short if I don't have enough, but I don't really want to over-buy and definitely want to go for at least 5 days.

2. How long can I sit in mess? I plan to change after messing, but I have enjoyed the physical feeling of it before, so I was wondering how long it is safe to go without changing a messy diaper? Also for a wet diaper, how long can I safely be wet for before I should change?

3. Powder or Cream? I haven't used either, but I think that if I'm going 24/7 I will need some. What are the purposes of each, and how good are they at doing their jobs? I've also heard about chafing problems around the legs. How can I resolve this should it arise?

4. Wearing in public. I will have to walk our dog three or more times a day during this week. I have worn twice in public before (once a dry pullup during the day whilst walking the dog and once a slightly wet diaper on a walk after midnight). However, from these examples, I have no experience of how well the smells / sounds / sights are hidden. I don't want to wear pullups for walks if I can avoid it, as that would involve more changes, more diapers, and more money. Can I safely wear ABDL diapers under my clothes whilst walking the dog during daytime, in a relatively quiet but not completely silent village? (I normally run into 4 groups of people on a 15 minute walk). Can I wear a wet or messy diaper and still be discreet in public? And likewise, can I wet and mess in public without arising suspicion? Most people don't know me but many do know our dog so they would be able to guess who I am, and I might also have to get closer to people for this reason.

5. Sleeping in diapers. I really don't want to leak whilst in bed. However I am a toss & turner, and I'm aware that can cause problems. I am prepared to buy a plastic sheet of some kind or plastic pants if they might help guard against it, and I can wash the sheets if I need to, but I probably can't wash a mattress thoroughly enough. If I am awake when I leak I'll be fine, but if I leak while I'm sleeping I won't be. I don't know if I could ever wet myself whilst sleeping, but it's certainly a possibility if I drink loads and haven't fully emptied my bladder. Should I always change before bed, even if I'm just a little bit wet? How likely am I to end up wetting myself as I sleep towards the end of the week? Am I more likely to leak if I don't stay still while I sleep? Should I buy a mat or plastic pants and which would be better?

6. Long-Term Effects. If I wear diapers for a week and just go whenever I need to, do I run the risk of losing some of my control? Not full on accidents, I'm aware that is unlikely with only a week, but maybe just leaking a little out or having more close calls. And especially if I ever end up peeing in my sleep. Might I end up doing it again when I'm no longer diapered?

Thank you for all answers you are able to provide to any of my questions. I've already been thinking about this for a few weeks and decided it was time to get some opinions from people who actually know what they're talking about. (And sorry again to anyone I may have been mean to before when I had bad experiences. You were right, it seems like diapers will be part of my life forever now).

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
Ahh yes, the initial binge purge cycle. I can't answer all of your questions. There is a ton.

First off, if you have no health issues, the likely hood of having any long term effects like reduction in any control etc are pretty much zero. It is very likely that you will find that no matter what you will wake up to pee and may not even be able to pee laying down at first. If anything, being able to pee laying down by the end of a week might be an attainable goal. It is highly unlikely you will have to worry about leaks while sleeping, because you are likely going to wake up to pee. I have been a DL for 30 years and still can't void in my sleep without waking slightly unless alcohol is involved.

Wearing in public is going to depend a lot on what diapers you choose and your clothing. Something super bulky is not going to be ideal for walking around so plan some moderate daytime diapers, possibly soft backed and not plastic, and some thicker evening/night time diapers. Boosters are also fun at night.

I don't mess. I have a few times but the clean up and smell outweighs any pleasure I might have. If you eat a normal diet etc, the acid in you feces can burn or hurt your backside and the risk of rash goes through the roof. Others will have more experience than me. The limited experience I have just swore me off of it.

Psychologically, watch for burnout and the binge cycle to creep back in. I remember those first times I could finally wear and use diapers freely and like so many, I overdid it. If the mood strikes, take a break after a shower for a while and air out. I often found that after 2 or 3 days, I wanted a break for a while. Don't let that ruin it. Just take the break. Now I'm much more relaxed about it and could go for a long time without a break but use lighter, more comfortable products for the daytime. If you find the logistics of messing taking away the fun then use a toilet. Keep it relaxed and fun and if the purge urge is strong, box it all up and wait for it to pass. Resist throwing everything away. That gets expensive.

Everyone finds their own balance. Best of luck.

Replying to my own post to try to get it more views. I would really appreciate any advice anyone is able to give on my questions. If I'm gonna be ordering diapers from abroad (which I may have to do given the very few pink ABDL diapers I have found in the UK) I need to start getting this planned soon.

On that note, can anyone recommend some good pink / purple ABDL diapers available in the UK? Answers are much appreciated as always.

1 How many diapers do you need
about 4 per 24 hours try and change every 6 hours or so

2 how long can you sit in a mess
as short as possible
change & clean / shower asap
none of that stuff is good sitting on your skin

3 powder is great at absorbing a bit of moisture
Zinc oxide creams keep moisture off your skin even longer.
but best method for keeping skin healthy is frequently changing & cleaning well between changes. make sure you are completely dry before next diaper goes on

moisture & darkness is not good for your skin

4 diapers in public
wear your normal street clothes overtop of your diaper
wearing boxer briefs or compression shorts will keep everything snug in place
wear a long Tshirt or Sweater to hide your waistline. No one will nottice

5 sleeping in diapers
get a mattress protector to protect your bed
sleep on top of a washable or disposable soaker pad. If you do leak this will be minimize laundry

6 long term affects
no wearing for a week will not change how your body works. Neither will a year.

lastly don't feel bad about wearing diapers. We all understand the diaper stigma
when you're done enjoying them and feel guilty pack your diapers in a bin and store them in the garage or something untill you're in the mood again. Saves you lots of money

Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and BBBen
Update on my situation: I've been getting back into the ABDL community in a massive way recently, and have met some wonderful people. I've ordered some sample packs from NRU because the ones I've bought before through Amazon were out of stock. I've got 4 diapers coming, 2 stuffers, some disposal bags, and a cute pink pacifier. I can't wait. Thank you all for the support. I'll continue to plan my 24/7 week later using the information I gain from this little stint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back