Binky Care

K00paTr00pa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Since Im still pretty new to using pacifiers, I wanted to ask what peoples methods were for cleaning them and how often they did it? Currently using a light coat of dish soap every night on mine.

Reactions: DBabygirl2, Fyianneko and lilbabyjooce
I clean mine with dish soap and warm water after every use (which is every night for the most part) and make sure to keep it in a clean container when it’s not being used. I’ll also replace mine after several months of usage.
Considering when I use it, it’s typically in my mouth for hours at a time, I am thorough with cleaning (making sure to clean the whole thing, not just the teat) and think replacing it doesn’t hurt in case there’s still a buildup of germs overtime. Plus getting a new paci in the mail is always a lotta fun haha.

Reactions: Xaver, DBabygirl2 and K00paTr00pa
Same here. I only use it when I’m Little. Dish soap after use, rub with fingers, rinse and put it away in a clean container til next time.

Reactions: K00paTr00pa
I’ll add that if you have one of the LFB, Fixx, or other NUK-ish adult pacifiers, you can easily take them apart for cleaning. The ring holds the button and shield together. Just pull one end of the ring gently out of its hole and slide it to the side. The whole pacifier will then come to pieces and you can also pull the nipple out, all without any prying. You can then clean everything very thoroughly and be certain there’s no buildup of gunk.

I do prefer the ringless MAM styles, but they are unfortunately more difficult to clean. Still, even those can be taken apart for cleaning if you’re careful. (They do require some prying.)

Reactions: WillFord384 and K00paTr00pa
I never really bother cleaning any of mine as it’s only me using them, I might do if I dropped one outdoors or was really sick when I used it or something but I wouldn’t wash after normal use. I’ve never got sick off a pacifier so don’t think my laxness has mattered.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, RachelOlivia and DBabygirl2
Dish soap and some times I soke in rubbing alcohol to kill germs then rince put away have 3 I have had for years. You do need to clean them you can get an mouth infection

Last edited:
Reactions: K00paTr00pa
I use mouthwash let it sit for a while then really scrub it with my soft bristle tooth brush around the edges where it goes through the shield . I have 4 I rotate or depending on how I feel because each one has a cute design on the shield . I use only silicone teats because the other kind I have an allergic reaction to . The other night I woke up around 4am and I guess I sucked it so hard in my sleep it was suction stuck to the roof of my mouth . My skin was burning like I drank something to hot lol . Most of the time it falls out of my mouth which is what the lanyard clip helps a bunch or I’ll loose it in my blankets 🤦🏻‍♂️ I have a tiny little zip up cloth bags (4) I keep mine in to keep them from just laying around . It has a little clip I can clip it to my hip pouch so I have it always no matter where I am . That helps keep it cleaner to 🥰
You can get these cute little bags on Esty from FloraJeans shop . They are 12.50 each and well made , I just love them I bought 10 of them . Ended up giving away 6 to my littles friends as gifts. She has a lot of pretty designs I meal a LOT of different patterns . ❤️🥰❤️

Attachments

• IMG_8005.jpeg
    IMG_8005.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8006.jpeg
    IMG_8006.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, DBabygirl2, LittleRen77 and 1 other person
Thank you all for the replies. I think after reading these I'll buy more pacis and rotate them out more frequently.

I just checked her new designs they are called “ itsy bitsy boxes “ , found 4 I could not live without so I ordered them 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_8009.jpeg
    IMG_8009.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8008.jpeg
    IMG_8008.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8007.jpeg
    IMG_8007.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci
Pacifier Addict warns that alcohol-based sanitizers may dissolve the designs.

pacifierPaige said:
Pacifier Addict warns that alcohol-based sanitizers may dissolve the designs.
That’s true ! I never ever use alcohol based on any thing that can be dissolved by alcohol . I found out the hard way by using 99% alcohol . That was a big mistake ! Reason I use mouthwash now . Someone told me a couple years ago they used boiling water …. Nope it will deform the shields 🤔

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
KaleidoscopeKitty said:
I never really bother cleaning any of mine as it’s only me using them, I might do if I dropped one outdoors or was really sick when I used it or something but I wouldn’t wash after normal use. I’ve never got sick off a pacifier so don’t think my laxness has mattered.
This is also my (lack of) care plan. One lives in my pocket when I don't use it, washed almost never.

I only use water for that. No soap etc.

Personally, I use these3465AFFF-49BE-4BE6-A8DB-F5EAE4155519.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, Cottontail, LilByte and 2 others
PrettyLilPrincess said:
Personally, I use these
They actually make pacifier wipes?! Who knew? (Well, you, obviously!)

Reactions: Cottontail and PrettyLilPrincess
lilbabyjooce said:
I clean mine with dish soap and warm water after every use (which is every night for the most part) and make sure to keep it in a clean container when it’s not being used. I’ll also replace mine after several months of usage.
Considering when I use it, it’s typically in my mouth for hours at a time, I am thorough with cleaning (making sure to clean the whole thing, not just the teat) and think replacing it doesn’t hurt in case there’s still a buildup of germs overtime. Plus getting a new paci in the mail is always a lotta fun haha.
The adult dummies are made to come apart and you can buy replacement teats no need to bin a good pacifier (y)

foxkits said:
Dish soap and some times I soke in rubbing alcohol to kill germs then rince put away have 3 I have had for years. You do need to clean them you can get an mouth infection
Unless you’re immunocompromised or are using your pacifier in places with very high bacteria levels such as in a hospital then there is very little chance of getting a mouth infection from your own pacifier. Any germs on your pacifier are only from your own mouth, a pacifier isn’t a great host for germs to multiply on once it’s out of your mouth and saliva is a pretty good defence against microbes. A pacifier isn’t going to introduce anything nasty into your mouth unless you’re taking it from your mouth and putting it somewhere with a high number of germs before you put it back in. If you’re just taking it out and putting it on a bedside table at home, back in it’s case or in a backpack pocket etc then you aren’t likely to be at risk of a mouth infection from not washing it unless you have a compromised immune system.

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, RachelOlivia and LittleRen77
I noticed I may be the only to clean my paci this way
I boil water and put a few drops of dawn in a coffee cup with the paci and pour the water over it, I let it sit for ten minutes and rinse and pour more boiled water over it and remove lightly dry it and store it in the container the paci came in.

PS I modify 18-36 month mam paci’s

I'm totally OCD about anything tasting like soap. Yukkkkkkk! I rinse mine with warm water and let them dry. But I didn't think about baking soda. BTW: Those wipes are $16 at Amazon for 3 packs of 36 wipes per pack.

Last edited:
Personally, I just wash it under the tap before using it

Back