Biggest 7 in the states??

N0bu said:
I wish they would ship them to the rest of the country.
They're not that difficult to find. Topco brands has many distributors. It's not a regional brand. One member here bought them in Texas; I'm in Michigan. They do distribute mostly through regional chains and non-chain stores, so your best bet is a small-name grocery store. Check the lists in this post: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/biggest-7-in-the-states.160070/page-4#post-2339607 Remember, the map dots are not representative of all retail locations, but distributor headquarters. For example, Michigan shows one dot, Grand Rapids, but that's actually two headquarters, SpartanNash and Meijer, both of which own (and SN supplies many independent) stores all over the state and beyond.

Last edited:
OK, today I bought a box of Pampers Overnights size 7. Meijer had the Pampers Swaddlers size 8 as well, but as these seemed a little thicker and have been stated by multiple people to have the same dimensions as Swaddlers 8, I bought them. I wish I'd bought the Tippy Toes instead. I'll use these, and so far I've only used a few of them, but here's my review so far.

What I like: These are very comfortable, and seem to be good quality. There seems to be a wicking pad over the top of the fluff which adds some structure, and might reduce bunching and clumping. I'm happy with the absorbency, and haven't messed them, but the "poop pocket" and structure seem promising that these will handle whatever I serve them (within reason, of course.) They MAY be a little more absorbent than the Tippy Toes, but I'll test that later. I don't think there's a big difference. These remind me a lot of the Rascal and Friends size 7s.

What I DON'T like: These are not as stretchy as the Tippy Toes size 7, and the wings are not as well attached to the front of the diaper. Like the Gentle Steps/Kidgets, the wings will tear out of the diaper if you try to make them hold the tapes with significant tension on them. The tabs do stretch, but not as much as the GS/K/TT do, and as a result of the lower stretch and necessity of reaching the landing zone, I have to use 2 extra tabs to make them reach. For comparison, the GS/K will reach with 1 extra tab, and the TT doesn't need any help at all because of the usable width of the wings. Also, what IS that scent? Aside from the fact that if I wear these in public I'll have to be very generous with cologne to cover it, I find it unpleasant. The Luvz smelled cute......these smell.........somehow off-putting in a way I'm struggling to describe. There's cute baby overtones, with undertones of something sour, and slightly digested. It's not quite to gag level, but to me, it's bad.

For me, the scent, the sizing, and the fact that for the money I could have had twice as many of the Tippy Toes size 7s means that I won't be buying these again. I see why @PampersCowboy switched, but now I've tried them and no longer have to wonder. I'd get Rascal and Friends sooner than these, but next box will probably be Tippy Toes.

Reactions: PampersCowboy and eu38foot
Update: this morning I woke up with a very full bladder and a dry diaper and gently let the pressure ease into the Pampers Overnight 7 I was wearing. It took it easily. After a little more lazing in bed feeling old and sore, I got up, went to the toilet, and discovered that I was still about half full, and the diaper was only about half full as well, so if I'd intentionally emptied myself, it still probably would have held it. Good to know. Gentle releases are important in such situations, though. They don't like to drink from the fire hose.

A little later, I was doing morning things, sitting with coffee, and felt a number 2 urge. I was busy and ignored it. A few moments later, I got hit harder. I was busy and ignored it. Then I got hit so hard it hurt, and since I was diapered, I hoped for the best and just let go. As subsequent urges came, I aided them, and it wasn't too long before I was relieved and the diaper was very loaded. I was still busy, and ignored it. :LOL: I sat in it until I finished what I was doing, then went to clean myself. I was astonished at how much I had relieved myself, and pleased, though not surprised, to see that the Pampers had kept everything nicely contained. A tiny bit of bilge water had escaped at the left leg, but that's because I was pushing my luck with its fluid capacity, too. I was busy, after all. :LOL:

I'm pleased with the performance of these. I'm happy to have them to use until they're gone, but because of the price point, fit issues and weird scent (baby powder, mint, and stomach acid?) I can't justify buying them again. I'm not really sorry I did, though.

Reactions: fitboi
I bought more Tippy Toes before the Pampers were gone because I wanted to compare them, including the bales. I was surprised to find that this box was the low-effort print, not that I care. I took some pictures, and discovered some interesting things. The Pampers is clearly slightly larger overall, which was surprising because I have to help them fit me, where the Tippy Toes can with no help due to better stretch and strong front wings.

IMG_20240120_232541560_1.jpg
The tops of the bales are aligned. The Pampers bale is a little longer.

IMG_20240120_232617921_1.jpg
Again, I've aligned the tops. The Pampers bale (left) is a bale of 18, whereas the Tippy Toes (right) is a bale of 30.

IMG_20240120_232635464_1.jpg
The Pampers seem to have fewer diapers per inch, suggesting they are thicker.

IMG_20240120_232658289_1.jpg
The difference is not big, though.

IMG_20240120_232831628_1.jpg
Side by side.

IMG_20240120_233347997_1.jpg
Buddies?

I went from a TT to a Pampers after this, and the Pampers does feel more luxurious than the utilitarian TT, but both are very comfortable. I'll be alternating while supplies last, and try to make time for an ISO test on these soon, perhaps tomorrow.

Reactions: PampersCowboy and tarzan
I did some ISO-style testing on these, and confirmed a few things which didn't surprise me. The Pampers, which is slightly larger, and feels and looks slightly thicker, held slightly more, but not nearly as much more as I was expecting. They look and feel about 10% larger, and held about 10% more. Honestly, though, I was expecting the Pampers to retain much, much more than the Tippy Toes based on look and feel alone. This is why I wanted to do this test.

Tippy Toes size 7: 32g dry/1635g wet, 1602ml/54.17 oz retained
Pampers Overnights size 7: 40g dry, 1799g wet, 1759ml/59.48oz retained

It would have been interesting to throw in a Pampers Swaddlers size 8, as while the shell is reputed to be the same size, you get 2 more in the box compared to the Overnights size 7, suggesting they are a little thinner. They might have matched the Tippy Toes even more closely. However, I don't have any of those, and feel no compulsion to buy them just to do this test.

Both wick moisture to the front and back very well, so using the vast majority of the diaper before it leaks is the norm, as long as you don't give them an overwhelming amount at a time. Now I know what had seemed true all along: the Tippy Toes practical absorbency is likely very little different from the Pampers, and at roughly half the price, with a better fit, and without a scent I dislike, they're the clear winner for me!

Reactions: PampersCowboy
I have used up all the Pampers now. I deliberately used them up first, not alternating with Tippy Toes, because I needed to get their perfume out of my life. :rolleyes: Now I'm back on the Tippy Toes. My thoughts are these, at this point:

These are not much different in functional life, and if you aren't comparing them side by side, the minor differences in capacity and what I'll call plushness are not noticeable. They are both good performers. Where the difference is very noticeable is in fit, with the Tippy Toes being the clear winner. Because of the customization required to make the Pampers go around my adult body at all, they lose a lot of snugness in important places like the leg gathers, and once they gain some weight, they can't hold themselves in place at all. I used my normal briefs to help support them. The Dollar General/Family Dollar size 7s require the same modification, but seem to somehow fit better, and the Tippy Toes fit me very well natively. That native fit removes a lot of monkey business with extension tabs, and keeping them when changing, which is inconvenient and a little time consuming. Also, the tabs become one more diaper-affiliated item that must be managed, and feels like clutter after awhile, which is the main reason why when Tippy Toes came into my life, DG/FD 7 became much less interesting, despite their lower price. If you're daily wearing these, the modification requirement starts to feel like a hassle.

The other major difference is cost. The Pampers cost nearly twice as much, and don't offer any advantage for it, at least not to me. Every other significant difference (scent, required modding) is a drawback to me, so paying more for them makes no sense at all.

I'm glad I bought the Pampers, because I think I'd have forever wondered about them, but I'm sure I'll never buy them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and PampersCowboy
Hey @PampersCowboy maybe you'd chime in on this? I know you'd been a fairly enthusiastic Tippy Toes convert yourself. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

StuartLittle said:
I made some cute extenders for the Millie Moon diapers and they fit better than the Huggies now since they are larger. 😊
How did you make extenders

HappyNappin said:
Have you seen the new Cuties boundless?
First size 8 diaper in the US, they look huge compared to pampers
Where do you buy them

Albertapampers said:
Where do you buy them
The Cuties Boundless Size 8 were discontinued abruptly over a year ago. Cuties mentioned they were bringing them back, but gave no real timeline.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
Huggies and parents choice is coming out with a size 8 very soon

Reactions: deepdriftAD, Lostdiapersboy and PadPhilosopher
Trying to find tippy toes now in the states

Tryin to find what store carry’s tippy toes in the states

Albertapampers said:
Well comforts 7 don’t fit, not even close. The parents choice are way too small too. Only 7 that ever fit were the first gen pampers 7. Now they are all too small. Parents choice pull-ups are smaller than they used to be too
This. A few years ago Kroger Comforts used to be just like Dollar General's, only maybe a little softer. I absolutely loved those things. Then they made them smaller and I no longer fit them at all. Parents Choice pull ups used to be made by Kimberly Clark, meaning they were basically Huggies Pull Ups with different designs. However, they have since switched suppliers to outside the US and they are smaller now, and no longer have the signature Pull Ups sides, instead more resembling Easy Ups, although I still can get closer with 4T-5T Parents Choice than 5T-6T Easy Ups.

babyjoe698 said:
Huggies and parents choice is coming out with a size 8 very soon
Has anyone seen when the Parents Choice size 8s are coming out? And do we think Huggies size 8's will show up in supermarkets soon after May 2nd?

southeastlittle said:
Has anyone seen when the Parents Choice size 8s are coming out? And do we think Huggies size 8's will show up in supermarkets soon after May 2nd?
nothing at walmart yet. I work there and have not seen any

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
babyjoe698 said:
nothing at walmart yet. I work there and have not seen any
Keep us posted. 😉

Reactions: southeastlittle
PadPhilosopher said:
OK, today I bought a box of Pampers Overnights size 7. Meijer had the Pampers Swaddlers size 8 as well, but as these seemed a little thicker and have been stated by multiple people to have the same dimensions as Swaddlers 8, I bought them. I wish I'd bought the Tippy Toes instead. I'll use these, and so far I've only used a few of them, but here's my review so far.

What I like: These are very comfortable, and seem to be good quality. There seems to be a wicking pad over the top of the fluff which adds some structure, and might reduce bunching and clumping. I'm happy with the absorbency, and haven't messed them, but the "poop pocket" and structure seem promising that these will handle whatever I serve them (within reason, of course.) They MAY be a little more absorbent than the Tippy Toes, but I'll test that later. I don't think there's a big difference. These remind me a lot of the Rascal and Friends size 7s.

What I DON'T like: These are not as stretchy as the Tippy Toes size 7, and the wings are not as well attached to the front of the diaper. Like the Gentle Steps/Kidgets, the wings will tear out of the diaper if you try to make them hold the tapes with significant tension on them. The tabs do stretch, but not as much as the GS/K/TT do, and as a result of the lower stretch and necessity of reaching the landing zone, I have to use 2 extra tabs to make them reach. For comparison, the GS/K will reach with 1 extra tab, and the TT doesn't need any help at all because of the usable width of the wings. Also, what IS that scent? Aside from the fact that if I wear these in public I'll have to be very generous with cologne to cover it, I find it unpleasant. The Luvz smelled cute......these smell.........somehow off-putting in a way I'm struggling to describe. There's cute baby overtones, with undertones of something sour, and slightly digested. It's not quite to gag level, but to me, it's bad.

For me, the scent, the sizing, and the fact that for the money I could have had twice as many of the Tippy Toes size 7s means that I won't be buying these again. I see why @PampersCowboy switched, but now I've tried them and no longer have to wonder. I'd get Rascal and Friends sooner than these, but next box will probably be Tippy Toes.
Nice review. I've been curious about the Pampers Overnights. But I only use baby diapers as stuffers. I'm thinking if I buy the Overnights by Pampers or Luvs, or a really nice baby diaper, it'll hold more. Is that the case?

You also have me curious about that scent as well. Luvs are scented a bit, and I like it, but it's not noticeable to anyone. Are the Pampers that scented you have to cover it up with cologne? Kinda makes me wonder if the Luvs I stuff in my diapers can be smelled or not. I use 2 or 3 each time.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Do Tippy Toes have a larger fit or more stretch than Swaddlers 8s? Has anyone compared these yet?

Edit: I've tried Gentle Steps 7's which I can get to fit, but just barely. Wondering if these don't fit, if nothing else will?

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Back