Biggest 7 in the states??

username234 said:
What waist size will a size 7 fit ? ???
And are they plastic backed by chance ??
Sorry typically use goodnites but this got me excited !

username234 said:
What waist size will a size 7 fit ? ???
That depends on a lot of variables, some to do with the wearer's shape, and many to do with the sizing and construction of the specific size 7 in question. This thread, and many others, provide information which will help you determine if a particular size 7 is likely to fit you or not, but you'll have to do some research.

Last edited:
Reactions: FudgedInLuvs
Someone should show measurements of the back with a ruler. I wonder how they compare to pampers size 8.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
MCDG111 said:
Someone should show measurements of the back with a ruler. I wonder how they compare to pampers size 8.
I can likely do that tonight. I can see where that could be helpful.

Reactions: MCDG111 and FudgedInLuvs
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
I can likely do that tonight. I can see where that could be helpful.
Oops, had to resolve a crisis for a family member, got back after midnight and completely forgot. Soon. Sorry about that.

So I haven't gotten pictures yet, but I did get another pack of Gentle Steps (Dollar General) size 7, and they do seem to have changed slightly, for the better. I don't note any changes to the pad or body, except for the fact that the low effort print in the landing zone has been swapped for a different, lower effort print, but the back tabs actually seem stronger, and better attached to the body, more like Kidgets (Family Dollar.) Wearing them with an extension like Kidgets, there was no functional difference at all. These have closed the gap, and considering that they're on sale right now, I plan to get more.

I'll get pictures of everything later.

Actually the 7 biggest states are Alaska, Texas, California, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, DanElmontan, DLScottsman and 3 others
greatlake5 said:
Actually the 7 biggest states are Alaska, Texas, California, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada.
Nice to see you again. Do you use these as a cost-cutting measure, too, or did you come just for the great joke?

InvestigativePhilosopher said:
So I haven't gotten pictures yet, but I did get another pack of Gentle Steps (Dollar General) size 7, and they do seem to have changed slightly, for the better. I don't note any changes to the pad or body, except for the fact that the low effort print in the landing zone has been swapped for a different, lower effort print, but the back tabs actually seem stronger, and better attached to the body, more like Kidgets (Family Dollar.) Wearing them with an extension like Kidgets, there was no functional difference at all. These have closed the gap, and considering that they're on sale right now, I plan to get more.

I'll get pictures of everything later.
In my expeirence with these this brand is great with stretch, but inconsistent with how far they stretch. My first time buying them was met with good results as they i was able get the tapes on without modding. The second time i bought them was in a different city and bought two more packs. This time the sides werent as good as the first time

I have been working insane hours, so haven't had time to remember to take pictures of any of these rascals, but have some downtime to continue the reviews.

With this recent bag of Gentle Steps, there is no practical difference from the Kidgets; they may actually be ever so slightly thicker, but the shape, structural durability and deficiencies thereof, are indistinguishable. I tried the wingtip trick, like I do with the Tippy Toes, and as before, the wings tore out of the front. Using an extension makes them perfectly adequate for everything I have needed done so far. These are now tied with Kidgets for my top spot.

But the Tippy Toes are the dark horse that won't quit. So far, I've had zero tab failures, zero wingtip failures, and very few times where the tabs disconnected on their own. The structure is so strong that when, on a few occasions, I got frustrated trying to get it undone inside several others as a stuffer and just yanked things, the hook and loop disconnected from the wingtip; neither the wingtip nor the tab suffered any sort of structural damage. Impressive! Three things make me uncertain if I'll buy them again; compared to GS/Kidgets, they hold slightly less urine, cost slightly more, and are more difficult to reach and undo when used as a stuffer because of where the tabs are located. However, they can be worn entirely on their own, unmodified, by a grown man with a 32" ish waist with complete confidence, and that is a huge vote to buy them again.

Speak of confidence, I think I have more confidence in TT7 than my own colon at the moment. [DISCLAIMER: poop stories ahead. Skip to <MARK> to avoid it. Cliff notes, I poop torture tested them, and they passed with flying colors.] 3 days in a row, I've gotten up and changed from my nighttime diaper into a TT7 for my morning activities. 3 days in a row, they've gotten number 2 in them. The first 2 times were "oh well" releases where I decided that it wasn't worth the trouble of fighting it, but today was a full on "oops!" Day 1 I was rolling my back and got hit with a strong urge; I resisted, but when it hit again, harder, I did the "oh well" and let it go. Nothing got out, but as my rear was elevated at the time, it wasn't a difficult test, although what it had to catch was pretty soft. The next morning, I was seated, and got hit hard; again, "oh well." Again, it handled a similarly difficult mess flawlessly, under more adverse circumstances. In both cases, once I started, I made sure I emptied. I was very impressed with how well these contained everything.

Then, this morning, I got the urge and didn't feel like doing the cleaning, so used the toilet. It would have been a lot of cleanup, so I felt vindicated. But then, during breakfast, I had a "never trust a fart" moment: I thought that's what it was, then realized too late that it was........soft. :oops: Well, too late, so I let the rest go. Then I stood up, and let some more go. What did I eat yesterday??? By the time I got to the bathroom for the shower I was already planning to take, it was massively loaded. So I did a further test I fully expected it to fail: I got in the shower and plopped down in it. Ugh! I'm definitely not a DL; I didn't like that feeling at all. I felt stuff go everywhere, and I even wiggled a little more to push it more places. But for all that, the only thing it leaked was a little urine because it was oversaturated (which I knew); the #2 ALL stayed inside. I was completely surprised, and massively impressed. Nothing even came close to escaping at the legs; the guards worked flawlessly. Had there been a little more, some might have made it out the back; it got close, because its rise isn't that high on a grown man. Still, a very impressive result.

<MARK>

I probably will keep the TT7s around for wearing solo; they're very comfortable and discreet (basically invisible), and still comparatively inexpensive. They are a good stuffer as well, though I tend to use a mix of them and GS/K to stuff. And for first thing in the morning, they've proven themselves incomparable in their price bracket. Whoda thunk.

Last edited:
As the wheel turns, I bought another box of Tippy Toes size 7 at a different store, and it's different. Some would say better in some ways, but to me, just different. I'm not sure which is newer or older, as the boxes are long gone. I wonder if there are two different concurrently produced versions. I'll have to check some boxes at the store, I guess.

In the meantime, I took some pictures.
IMG_20231113_211502240_1.jpg
This is the newer Gentle Steps (Dollar General) with the changed design on the landing zone. The previous version had tigers, I think.
IMG_20231113_211608632_1.jpg
This is the interior of the GS(DG) size 7. I don't recall the quilting before, and that's a nice touch. I have no major objection to these, and were it not that the TT7 attaches to me unmodified and works well, I'd probably be sticking with these and Kidgets.

This is the Tippy Toes 7 I bought the first time. It had a girl on the box.
IMG_20231113_211646265_1.jpg
It's a very low effort print, but I would be happier with plain white.....but that's just me.
IMG_20231113_211655266_1.jpg
This is the interior of the first version I bought. Nothing exceptional, but a solid performer. The leg cuffs and leak guards are excellent, as previously mentioned.

Splitting for length.

This is the second version I bought. There are two different prints, much cuter and more thoughtful than the circles in the first box. This one had a boy on the box.
IMG_20231113_211935161_1.jpgIMG_20231113_211947242_1.jpg
This design is much less dense than the other. Cheery and cute.

The other design.
IMG_20231113_212042278_1.jpg
IMG_20231113_212050754_1.jpg
This one is much denser. Also cute and nice. I'm not sure why the decision was made to give the other print so much more white space.

There's something different about the way the wetness indicator interacts with the padding in this one. It's like the wetness indicator is made of glue or something. It's not a problem, but is a little strange.
IMG_20231113_211957062_1.jpg
Maybe you can see the line of compacted fluff down the middle. Puzzling, but not a problem.

I'm wearing one of these right now, and it's doing what it does just like it's supposed to do.

I think the pleat down the centre section might be a crude form of absorbency channel rather than some sort of chemical reaction to the wetness indicator.

That's an interesting theory about the channel.

I have to add that I have successfully stuck the tabs to the area between the landing zone and the outer wingtip on a few occasions where I wore a TT7 long enough to stretch it. That yielded no hassles of any sort; everything stayed right where it was put. That means that potentially there is no fit gap. :)

I know up until now, I was a Pampers and Pull-Ups boy. Now, Tippy Toes is my go-to diaper. They’re bigger, fit better, the tapes are way tougher and the leak guards and absorbency are amazing! I’ll definitely stick with these for awhile

• Love
PampersCowboy said:
I know up until now, I was a Pampers and Pull-Ups boy. Now, Tippy Toes is my go-to diaper. They’re bigger, fit better, the tapes are way tougher and the leak guards and absorbency are amazing! I’ll definitely stick with these for awhile
I'm glad you like them. Which version have you been using?

Your favorable comparison to well-known name brand products begs the question again which I asked earlier: who's making these? I wish I knew! I have no clue.

Last edited:
I like tippy toes crinkle sounds. Reminds me of old plastic ones

Twistedmonkey said:
I like tippy toes crinkle sounds. Reminds me of old plastic ones
I never thought about that, but these do have a great sound. It's subtle, though.

It seems a lot of people are trying and liking these. I hope they can make them fast enough for all of us! ;)

PampersCowboy said:
I wish they would ship them to the rest of the country.

Back