Biggest 7 in the states??

There is a grocery store size 7 diaper I've been seeing at a number of the smaller stores around here, Tippy Toes, that caught my attention months ago, and I bought a box today. At $23 for 60, they're slightly more expensive per piece than Kidgets, but not much. Kidgets was $6/20 or $13/44 last time I bought them.

I have to admit I was so excited that I opened the box before I got home. I was greeted by a diaper that was thinner than the Kidgets, but thicker than Luvs, and the most surprising thing, which I observed out loud to myself, was "these things are huge!" Now, I have to qualify that; they're not huge in the sense that they look like they're meant for an adult, but the front and back are both quite wide, and when I attached the tape to the outer lip of the front, it looked the same size as my normal underwear, and felt like that odd configuration would be durable enough to wear that way.

When I got home, even though the Kidgets I'd been wearing wasn't full, I immediately tried the Tippy Toes on; I had to know if it would fit me without extensions, and wouldn't you know, it does! I tugged a few things, and it seemed stable. Not wanting to waste half of the Kidgets I'd been wearing, or rewear it cold later, (yuck) I put it back on, but at change time, I went into the Tippy Toes, and I've been wearing them nonstop since.

I'm on my third or fourth one now, and seem to be getting similar wear time to the Kidgets. I've been doing home repairs all day since, very physical, and I am delighted to report that wearing these completely unmodified I have had not a single tab failure. These shells are well made! I don't know that they hold quite as much as the Kidgets, but they hold enough so far. I tend to baby pee anyway when I'm wearing, so a little at a time it holds pretty adequately. I've yet to get one to leak, but I've not been pushing the envelope too much.

It's too soon to say what the odds of buying these again will be; a box of 60 will definitely give me time to know whether they serve my purposes well or not. My initial impressions are very favorable!

IMG_20231012_183441961_1.jpg
It has a print. :LOL: Low effort, but no licensing costs on a bargain product.

IMG_20231012_183523011_1.jpg
Wide!

IMG_20231012_183603050_1.jpg
Huge waist, and it's wearable that way! It also rises higher on me, front and rear, than the Kidgets size 7.

IMG_20231012_183629289_1_1.jpg
My assumption was that it would be a First Quality product, but I know their tags, and this isn't their format. Who makes these? Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: TigerDL, Iron, fakename and 2 others
An update on the Tippy Toes: these remind me somewhat of the Luvs size 7s, but with several significant differences, all of which are either indifferent or advantages to me. Like the Luvs, they use little fluff and a lot of SAP, which causes them to turn into a blob of gelly as they're used, but they nonetheless hold well, (I've still yet to leak) and though it feels weird, the gelly can move to places it's not pressing uncomfortably when I'm seated. Unlike the Luvs, they're not scented, which is a good thing to me, as I'm not AB and don't wish to smell like it. Also unlike the Luvs, I don't have to modify these at all to make them go around my 30+" waist. The Luvs I had to extend with tabs from something else because they weren't long enough on their own and wouldn't stick to themselves like the Kidgets do. I think I used Huggies tabs.

I think the reason these rise higher on my waist than the Kidgets is that they're wider in the crotch and I'm male. The length front to back I think is the same or maybe a little less, but the additional width allows for these to wrap me better, which seems like it is making the legs seal better, too. Edit: just changed from a wildly soggy Tippy Toes to a Kidgets, and I think the difference is minimal when dry, but as they swell, the Kidgets run out of room in the crotch and start to pull things down, where the Tippy Toes doesn't. I managed to leak out the top of the Tippy Toes because I was reclining and it was utterly soggy, but as I was pointing down, that says very good things about the effectiveness of the leg seals, which still did not leak. I put a bit more in it afterward, standing, and it still did not leak at the legs. I am shaved there, but still, that's impressive.

At this point, I would say I probably will buy these again. I will be layering them today, and we'll see how that goes. The Kidgets do seem to hold a bit more, maybe, and an ISO test will be revealing if I get a chance, but these seem like a solid option.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, fakename, ReadingInPampers and 2 others
Where can you get these?

MCDG111 said:
Where can you get these?
It's a Topco brand; it is sold at stores in this area that also have the Our Family branded foods, which I think is a Spartan brand.

Here is a list of their other brands, which may serve as a cross reference, in that locations where you've seen these other brands might also have Tippy Toes. https://www.topco.com/Who-We-Are/Brands

Here's a list of affiliated vendors where you might potentially be able to find them. https://www.topco.com/Members Note that some of them are not necessarily retailer names, but retailer supplier names, such as Spartan, and Meijer has their own house brand of diapers and I'm pretty sure doesn't sell these; at least I don't remember seeing them at Meijer. They may not be the only one like that.

Last edited:
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
It's a Topco brand; it is sold at stores in this area that also have the Our Family branded foods, which I think is a Spartan brand.

Here is a list of their other brands, which may serve as a cross reference, in that locations where you've seen these other brands might also have Tippy Toes. https://www.topco.com/Who-We-Are/Brands

Here's a list of affiliated vendors where you might potentially be able to find them. https://www.topco.com/Members Note that some of them are not necessarily retailer names, but retailer supplier names, such as Spartan, and Meijer has their own house brand of diapers and I'm pretty sure doesn't sell these; at least I don't remember seeing them at Meijer. They may not be the only one like that.
I bought these at a Brookshire Brothers in Texas this morning. I’m super excited to try them tonight!

• Love
Reactions: Albertapampers, Otterbox and PadPhilosopher
An update on the Tippy Toes: these remind me somewhat of the Luvs size 7s, but with several significant differences, all of which are either indifferent or advantages to me. Like the Luvs, they use little fluff and a lot of SAP, which causes them to turn into a blob of gelly as they're used, but they nonetheless hold well, (I've still yet to leak) and though it feels weird, the gelly can move to places it's not pressing uncomfortably when I'm seated. Unlike the Luvs, they're not scented, which is a good thing to me, as I'm not AB and don't wish to smell like it. Also unlike the Luvs, I don't have to modify these at all to make them go around my 30+" waist. The Luvs I had to extend with tabs from something else because they weren't long enough on their own and wouldn't stick to themselves like the Kidgets do. I think I used Huggies tabs.

I think the reason these rise higher on my waist than the Kidgets is that they're wider in the crotch and I'm male. The length front to back I think is the same or maybe a little less, but the additional width allows for these to wrap me better, which seems like it is making the legs seal better, too. Edit: just changed from a wildly soggy Tippy Toes to a Kidgets, and I think the difference is minimal when dry, but as they swell, the Kidgets run out of room in the crotch and start to pull things down, where the Tippy Toes doesn't. I managed to leak out the top of the Tippy Toes because I was reclining and it was utterly soggy, but as I was pointing down, that says very good things about the effectiveness of the leg seals, which still did not leak. I put a bit more in it afterward, standing, and it still did not leak at the legs. I am shaved there, but still, that's impressive.

At this point, I would say I probably will buy these again. I will be layering them today, and we'll see how that goes. The Kidgets do seem to hold a bit more, maybe, and an ISO test will be revealing if I get a chance, but these seem like a solid option.
Can you compare these to Pampers Swaddlers size 8 in terms of sizing, or maybe Luvs size 7? I'm also in search of a baby diaper that will fit me. I've got a very similar waist size (maybe even a bit smaller) but even size 8 Swaddlers require modification to fit me.

Reactions: fakename and PadPhilosopher
southeastlittle said:
Can you compare these to Pampers Swaddlers size 8 in terms of sizing, or maybe Luvs size 7? I'm also in search of a baby diaper that will fit me. I've got a very similar waist size (maybe even a bit smaller) but even size 8 Swaddlers require modification to fit me.
I've never tried Swaddlers size 8. Luvs size 7 I did, and it required modification to fit me, too. (Extension) I used them in the past. They had a nice stretch to the back which would actually close around me unassisted, making angry noises, but the stretch panel would fail from overstretching after 10 or 20 minutes. If I added a tab from a different diaper (I think Huggies overnights size 6) they were reliable.

The combination of wide panels, just enough stretch, and strong ears on the front that can be used as a built-in extension makes it so the Tippy Toes will go around me with no modification. It's a snug fit, but in a good way, and it holds itself up and doesn't tear.

Reactions: southeastlittle
I've never tried Swaddlers size 8. Luvs size 7 I did, and it required modification to fit me, too. (Extension) I used them in the past. They had a nice stretch to the back which would actually close around me unassisted, making angry noises, but the stretch panel would fail from overstretching after 10 or 20 minutes. If I added a tab from a different diaper (I think Huggies overnights size 6) they were reliable.

The combination of wide panels, just enough stretch, and strong ears on the front that can be used as a built-in extension makes it so the Tippy Toes will go around me with no modification. It's a snug fit, but in a good way, and it holds itself up and doesn't tear.
Think you could take some dimension measurements? I'd love to try them but I feel like I end up with all these diapers I can't use and end up just donating them by the dozen lol

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Pampers makes a size 8 that's sold at Target. No extenders needed. They are surprisingly absorbent and more affordable than the ABDL designed diapers if you are a little on a budget.

Reactions: fakename
southeastlittle said:
Think you could take some dimension measurements? I'd love to try them but I feel like I end up with all these diapers I can't use and end up just donating them by the dozen lol
Yes, I'll try to take some real measurements tonight. That's no problem.

HoneySnow said:
Pampers makes a size 8 that's sold at Target. No extenders needed. They are surprisingly absorbent and more affordable than the ABDL designed diapers if you are a little on a budget.
It sounds like he tried those and they didn't work for him.

Following this thread to see if there are any that would fit a 30" to 31" waist.

Reactions: Otterbox, PadPhilosopher and DB1977

It is impressive to note that the diapers fit you perfectly without any modifications. This makes me happy that these will fit me like a glove. I have personally found that I can comfortably wear Pampers size 8 without any modifications, and they can reach the end of the tape line of the diaper for me.

Reactions: espectro and PadPhilosopher
N0bu said:
It is impressive to note that the diapers fit you perfectly without any modifications. This makes me happy that these will fit me like a glove. I have personally found that I can comfortably wear Pampers size 8 without any modifications, and they can reach the end of the tape line of the diaper for me.
I seem to remember you having a sub 30" waistline. What is it? I ask because there's a bit ofT a deadzone in the front; the wingtip holds a tape beautifully, but the area between the wingtip and the landing zone is too fuzzy, and they pop. For my 30"+ waist, the wingtips are perfect, but I think I remember yours being 26" or so. At that size the wingtips would probably be too loose, but you might not make the landing zone. Maybe; I'll try to take a measuring tape picture of the front along with the measurements I plan to take tonight.

I seem to remember you having a sub 30" waistline. What is it? I ask because there's a bit ofT a deadzone in the front; the wingtip holds a tape beautifully, but the area between the wingtip and the landing zone is too fuzzy, and they pop. For my 30"+ waist, the wingtips are perfect, but I think I remember yours being 26" or so. At that size the wingtips would probably be too loose, but you might not make the landing zone. Maybe; I'll try to take a measuring tape picture of the front along with the measurements I plan to take tonight.
Unfortunately, I do not possess a measuring tape to accurately measure my waist. However, based on my estimation, my waist circumference falls within the range of 19 to 24 inches.

N0bu said:
Unfortunately, I do not possess a measuring tape to accurately measure my waist. However, based on my estimation, my waist circumference falls within the range of 19 to 24 inches.
Wow, that's small. You might well reach the landing zone on these.

The front to back distance on these is 21" when all the gather is pulled out of the leg elastic, which takes some doing as it's very strong. The front is 13" wingtip to wingtip, but only 5-1/2" in the middle is landing strip. The back is about 15" unstretched, excluding the tabs, as those have to lap over something else. That stretches to 20" without making angry noises, and I got it to 21" before the angry noises got loud enough I was concerned about tearing something. (For those who wonder, the tabs add roughly an inch.)

Because I excluded the tabs from my measurements, simple math gets a size range of 28" to 33" tabs on the wingtips, or 20-1/2" to 25-1/2" on the landing zone tips. It would definitely be possible to fudge factor up to 26-1/2" on the landing strips simply because the actual hook and loop part is toward the end of the tab, yielding an extra 1/2" of length. That leaves a fit gap from 26-1/2" to 28" where fit might be unreliable without customizing things a little. If someone had the need, the tabs do stick to each other, so my trick with the Kidgets would work on these, too. The Kidgets front wingtips are not strong enough to hold the tabs; they tear out almost immediately.

Here's a picture of the front. The area between the wingtips and landing zone doesn't hold the tabs well. The wavy area is the landing zone.
IMG_20231013_213442741_1.jpg

Reactions: TigerDL, southeastlittle and N0bu
The Up & Up diaper brand was designed with a similar structure, albeit shorter in length yet wider, resembling other diaper brands that share a similar construction. These diapers are essentially manufactured using the same methodology, consistently prioritizing a wide width rather than an elongated length.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Wow, that's small. You might well reach the landing zone on these.

The front to back distance on these is 21" when all the gather is pulled out of the leg elastic, which takes some doing as it's very strong. The front is 13" wingtip to wingtip, but only 5-1/2" in the middle is landing strip. The back is about 15" unstretched, excluding the tabs, as those have to lap over something else. That stretches to 20" without making angry noises, and I got it to 21" before the angry noises got loud enough I was concerned about tearing something. (For those who wonder, the tabs add roughly an inch.)

Because I excluded the tabs from my measurements, simple math gets a size range of 28" to 33" tabs on the wingtips, or 20-1/2" to 25-1/2" on the landing zone tips. It would definitely be possible to fudge factor up to 26-1/2" on the landing strips simply because the actual hook and loop part is toward the end of the tab, yielding an extra 1/2" of length. That leaves a fit gap from 26-1/2" to 28" where fit might be unreliable without customizing things a little. If someone had the need, the tabs do stick to each other, so my trick with the Kidgets would work on these, too. The Kidgets front wingtips are not strong enough to hold the tabs; they tear out almost immediately.

Here's a picture of the front. The area between the wingtips and landing zone doesn't hold the tabs well. The wavy area is the landing zone.
View attachment 120634
Thanks for that! Sounds like these will fit a bigger waist than Pampers Swaddlers size 8, but the length is the issue. Swaddlers are .8 inches longer and it's usually the length that gets me, not the waist size. If it sits too low on your hips then the waist of the diaper has to wrap around a bigger circumference than if it sat higher up. So if these were as long or longer than the Swaddlers they would probably fit me no problem.

southeastlittle said:
Thanks for that! Sounds like these will fit a bigger waist than Pampers Swaddlers size 8, but the length is the issue. Swaddlers are .8 inches longer and it's usually the length that gets me, not the waist size. If it sits too low on your hips then the waist of the diaper has to wrap around a bigger circumference than if it sat higher up. So if these were as long or longer than the Swaddlers they would probably fit me no problem.
.4" each on the front and back isn't usually enough to make or break a fit, in my experience, but certainly dimensions are all involved in fit.

What waist size will a size 7 fit ? ???

Back