• Yes, I was diagnosed as an adult

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I believe I am, but I haven't had a diagnosis

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • No, I'm not autistic

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
WearingLuvsPro said:
I just don’t understand something. Anytime I am taken out into public places, I’m always changed and my Respite Care Provider has several extra diapers in my diaper bag. Just about every hour my diaper gets checked with the 3 finger swipe in in front and then the back of my diaper is pulled out to allow her to see if I have messed myself. 8 times out of 10 I always have at 2 diaper changes within an hour. I cannot believe how many diapers I go through on a daily basis. Even before bedtime I will have at 4 different diaper changes. Then when it’s time for bed I will get bathed and then it comes my OverNite Diaper. Every morning I’m always wet and messy. I always get a diaper change first thing in the morning. Sometimes I will remain in my Overnite Diaper even after having a bath. I wonder why I am put in my OverNite Diapers during the day? No idea!!!
I could be mistaken, if I am I will just go ahead and say I'm sorry now.
But I think you might have responded to the wrong thread.
Please reread your posts.
If I am wrong I will ask my wife to scold me

Reactions: LittleRobbie, VeiledDevotee and BobbiSueEllen
WearingLuvsPro said:
I just don’t understand something. Anytime I am taken out into public places, I’m always changed and my Respite Care Provider has several extra diapers in my diaper bag. Just about every hour my diaper gets checked with the 3 finger swipe in in front and then the back of my diaper is pulled out to allow her to see if I have messed myself. 8 times out of 10 I always have at 2 diaper changes within an hour. I cannot believe how many diapers I go through on a daily basis. Even before bedtime I will have at 4 different diaper changes. Then when it’s time for bed I will get bathed and then it comes my OverNite Diaper. Every morning I’m always wet and messy. I always get a diaper change first thing in the morning. Sometimes I will remain in my Overnite Diaper even after having a bath. I wonder why I am put in my OverNite Diapers during the day? No idea!!!
No offense, but I'm trying to figure out how this deals with autism support.

Reactions: LittleRobbie, VeiledDevotee and KBoy
KBoy said:
I could be mistaken, if I am I will just go ahead and say I'm sorry now.
But I think you might have responded to the wrong thread.
Please reread your posts.
If I am wrong I will ask my wife to scold me
Just take the L if your wrong about this instead of getting scolded XD
That said. i found it to be out of place too so...

Reactions: BBBen, KBoy and BobbiSueEllen
Sorry I have taken so long to answer this thread. I have been busy my high functioning Autistic son competed for the second year in a row in the Washington State High School Congressional Debate Tournament. (Sorry just bragging because I was judging Public Forum Debates and am SOOOO Proud of my son. (The pings you may be hearing are my buttons popping of my shirt!!!!!)

I the two books that I have read is "Autism for dummies" and "The explosive child." by Ross Greene. I strongly recommend these books.

Background: I was a "stupid and Lazy" kid in the third grade because I did not like reading. As a kid if i ever expressed that I was feeling depressed I was told "what do you want people to think you are crazy" and O just pull yourself up by your boot straps.

Where did my DL come from being diaper disciplined for have to many messy accidents.

When the school district superintendent had me placed in the "extra Learning Class" my father always told me about what a dummy I was for being in the stupid class. (kudos to Paul Ackermen that was twenty years ahead of his time)

I was finally diagnosed with dyslexia in the fourth grade. The help that I got from the ELC class I was put in is what got me through school because I Learned how to deal with my reading problems.

Had chronic depression, irritable bowel syndrome and ADD that was diagnosed after I was suicidal and could not handle the stress of life. Things progress during my life until 2010 when I was given stress disability.

This was about the same time my son was officially diagnosed with High Functioning Autism.

As I started getting "training" as a parent to deal with and help my child develop to a "normal" capability I started getting more and more convinced that I too am autistic.

I am on the lower aspect of the autism spectrum. But what Ross Green says is the most important.

"Autism is a word with no meaning. It does not define or even explain a situation. What should be stated is what social and self-support skills is the person lacking."

I believe it is in Autism for dummies that they show there are 12 aspects to autism. There is 6 will have and there is 6 may haves. The make up of these parts says alot about the individual. My son had 4 wills and 3 may haves. My daughter, also on the spectrum has 3 will haves and 3 may haves. I on the other hand have all may haves and no will haves.

Learning how to overcome the skill lacks is what is it all about. A medical Doctor can not help with this, It takes a psychotherapist to help with the mental development to understand and deal with the skill lacks. So no it is not a Mental health DISEASE it is a mental health issue that requires train teachers and therapists to train people to live within the "normal world" with their closed mind and mid evil standards.

In my case I have a hell of a time in conversations of not taking of on a monologue, being impatient and interrupting people when I see they are of an inaccurate opinion . I have a hell of a time judging personal space and in this day and age I am an evil person because I am a hugger. Everything can be solved with a friendly Hug.

This is the biggest issue I have been having and it was effecting my marriage is that I will build up a "a pocket full of 1 cent anger issues until I have a dollar in change. Then I focus on the $1 and not the little issues, then I totally forget how to use my words to express what I am angry about, until someone makes me "empty my pocket and look at 100 little issues and ask where is this $1 issue you are so mad about.

Life is not easy with Autism, but it can be made manageable if you have the skills.

1) Autistic people are not dumb, most have an IQ about 110
2) Because of the lack of curtain social skills we com across as "retarded" to 1950's standards or stupid and lazy (My Dads Case with his family)
3) Rainman is a good example of past history when they did not know what Autism is and They are "idiot suvonts" because they can do thing like count the number of tooth picks left in a box yet not cross the street. (This is an extreme but I use it to over emphasis my point ( another indicator of autism)
4) Autism is a sex linked condition, so it runs down the male line of the family. In my case my father was "Stupid and Lazy" but a skilled machinist. His father was no bright bulb, but was cleaver at doing certain things. In a conversation I had with my mother a few years before she passed she told my that the family secret that my father told her was that even though his cousin was bipolar that was nothing because there was a couple uncles and cousins that where institutionalized idiot sovants. SO THERE SHE BLOWS!!! Autism right down my dads side of the family.

So Autism is not becoming more prevalent in that is has gone from 1 in 100 to 1 in 68 I think is the last number that I cam remember. It is just that they are getting more able to identify the spectrum ever year.

The big Duh Ralph this that I see i see from my childhood is the "Nurds" are being diagnosed as Autistic and that there is no "Statistical date that shows there is any area in the world (Except one) where autism is growing outside of "normal" reasons. The only place that has a statistical relevance and increasing number is THe Silicon Valley!!! Why because when Nurds Congregate and breed You get bigger and better Nurds!!!

So getting out of my Autistic Rant, I will close that I do not know of any support groups that I would recomend.

But there is no reason we cant start a blog for Autistic Questions and support or do more threads like this.

• Love
Reactions: VeiledDevotee, BBBen and LittleRobbie
egor said:
...my high functioning Autistic son competed for the second year in a row in the Washington State High School Congressional Debate Tournament. (Sorry just bragging because I was judging Public Forum Debates and am SOOOO Proud of my son. (The pings you may be hearing are my buttons popping of my shirt!!!!!)
Most excellent! Congratulations to you all!

egor said:
1) Autistic people are not dumb, most have an IQ about 110
Or considerably higher. Even much higher.

egor said:
2) Because of the lack of curtain social skills we com across as "retarded" to 1950's standards or stupid and lazy (My Dads Case with his family)
I remember the word "retarded" in clinical use right up 'til about 1990 and they decided it was both an unfair and abused word. A long time coming...too long.

egor said:
3) Rainman is a good example of past history when they did not know what Autism is and They are "idiot suvonts" because they can do thing like count the number of tooth picks left in a box yet not cross the street. (This is an extreme but I use it to over emphasis my point ( another indicator of autism)
I remember Rain Man; I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I think Dustin Hoffman did an admirable job showing one facet of it...unfortunately, the "monkey-see, monkey-do" of Hollywood carried that ball far too long.

egor said:
4) Autism is a sex linked condition, so it runs down the male line of the family. In my case my father was "Stupid and Lazy" but a skilled machinist. His father was no bright bulb, but was cleaver at doing certain things. In a conversation I had with my mother a few years before she passed she told my that the family secret that my father told her was that even though his cousin was bipolar that was nothing because there was a couple uncles and cousins that where institutionalized idiot sovants. SO THERE SHE BLOWS!!! Autism right down my dads side of the family.
Autism is indeed genetic. Also, autism was once considered an overwhelmingly-male disorder; it is, to a lesser degree...autism is 3 male to one female, even a tad lower.

egor said:
So Autism is not becoming more prevalent in that is has gone from 1 in 100 to 1 in 68 I think is the last number that I cam remember. It is just that they are getting more able to identify the spectrum ever year.
Autism was considered a one-in-a-million disorder before Rain Man; even with the character Tommy Westphall in NBC's St. Elsewhere, the odds of having it were considered very high. One of the '70s detective shows, Mannix, mentioned autism specifically in the S8EP15 episode "Chance Meeting", one of the earliest mentions in Hollywood.

The manipulative idiots of autism 'advocacy' today keep saying autism today is far worse than ever, with odds of 1 in 100. I don't think the odds ever 'got' worse; I think nothing's changed and that it's always been 1-in-100 (or whatever it simmers down to). The only thing that's changed at all are the qualifying and quantifying criteria over the research years. That's all.

egor said:
So getting out of my Autistic Rant, I will close that I do not know of any support groups that I would recomend.
It seems even they're still struggling to come to terms in the relative newness of it all. And as far as Autism Speaks...I trust them like I trust Jeffrey Dahmer with an X-Acto knife. They've burned many a bridge and the only thing they've given so far is the puzzle piece.

egor said:
But there is no reason we cant start a blog for Autistic Questions and support or do more threads like this.
Well, we've already established that we have loads of people with autism here. Of course, we can have two blogs: a specially-dedicated blog...and all the posts here regarding autism & living with it. I think ADISC does more for autism awareness & peer-support than the average autism-specific forum does.

I'd say we got it made here. Autism, incontinence, diapers...seems we learn & play pretty wisely and with much enlightenment here.

Excellent insight on your post, egor!

• Love
Reactions: VeiledDevotee, BBBen, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
I know I'm on the spectrum, but dont understand the point of getting diagnosed? Is the world going to change to suit me? I don't think so.

My reasons for my self diagnosis;

- When people talk to me, I have trouble hearing what they are saying because I'm trying to understand WHY they are telling me this and HOW they want me to react. Usually I just smile and laugh a little as it seems to work 90% of the time.

- I cant stand any 'encompassing' noise. I feel like I hear everything at the same volume. If the TV and the dishwasher are going at the same time I cant focus and cant hear anything. My hearing has been tested and is above average, but if there are multiple sounds I cant zero in on the important sound i.e. speech

- I have massive bathroom anxiety. At my work I will feel the urge for the bathroom, but before I can go I have to assess the other men at my work... when was the last time he went? What if he gets up when I do? I cant follow someone to the toilet and vice-versa. What if he leaves the office, is he going toilet or going outside?
And further to that, I cant use public toilets because what if the toilet is busy and I have to queue? I dont want people knowing I need the toilet

- I also cant sleep without a diaper because I'm constantly clenching and worrying about wetting the bed. Without a diaper I will go to the toilet at least 5 times a night and get zero sleep.

- I plan all my interactions before they occur, normally this is not a problem. But if I want to get lunch from a chinese takeaway and there arent any free parks, or they are closed then I will drive around for hours trying to find somewhere else and rejecting every option at the last minute because they aren't familiar. It is not unusual for me to spend a lunch hour driving around stressed out and come home with nothing to eat.

So yeah, diapers take away a lot of that anxiety, and let me get a good sleep.
My girlfriend helps massively because she can go into places for me that I would avoid.

But yeah, whats the point of a diagnosis? Are they going to give me a helper when my GF is working? - no thanks

Reactions: VeiledDevotee, Woncrinklz, Wonderingabout and 2 others
Kiwirob said:
I know I'm on the spectrum, but dont understand the point of getting diagnosed? Is the world going to change to suit me? I don't think so.

My reasons for my self diagnosis;

- When people talk to me, I have trouble hearing what they are saying because I'm trying to understand WHY they are telling me this and HOW they want me to react. Usually I just smile and laugh a little as it seems to work 90% of the time.

- I cant stand any 'encompassing' noise. I feel like I hear everything at the same volume. If the TV and the dishwasher are going at the same time I cant focus and cant hear anything. My hearing has been tested and is above average, but if there are multiple sounds I cant zero in on the important sound i.e. speech

- I have massive bathroom anxiety. At my work I will feel the urge for the bathroom, but before I can go I have to assess the other men at my work... when was the last time he went? What if he gets up when I do? I cant follow someone to the toilet and vice-versa. What if he leaves the office, is he going toilet or going outside?
And further to that, I cant use public toilets because what if the toilet is busy and I have to queue? I dont want people knowing I need the toilet

- I also cant sleep without a diaper because I'm constantly clenching and worrying about wetting the bed. Without a diaper I will go to the toilet at least 5 times a night and get zero sleep.

- I plan all my interactions before they occur, normally this is not a problem. But if I want to get lunch from a chinese takeaway and there arent any free parks, or they are closed then I will drive around for hours trying to find somewhere else and rejecting every option at the last minute because they aren't familiar. It is not unusual for me to spend a lunch hour driving around stressed out and come home with nothing to eat.

So yeah, diapers take away a lot of that anxiety, and let me get a good sleep.
My girlfriend helps massively because she can go into places for me that I would avoid.

But yeah, whats the point of a diagnosis? Are they going to give me a helper when my GF is working? - no thanks
Maybe you can start by getting screened for something else like social anxiety. Like autism, it’s not curable but one can learn to deal with the symptoms.

It would be rare to be born with social anxiety but it might be possible. These days before diagnosing someone with autism other conditions need to be ruled out (from what I have heard from some people who have been diagnosed in roughly the last decade).

If you do turn out to have autism you may be able to learn some new strategies from a therapist who specializes in autism for dealing with sensory overload and anything that relates to that.

Reactions: BBBen, VeiledDevotee, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
There were several reasons I got diagnosed, although I didn't seek a diagnosis...it just happened. It was a Twilight Zone Moment, for sure, which changed my perspective, my life.

I think everybody deserves to know, if they choose. I didn't choose but nonetheless I got the gift of an answer to the biggest personal mystery of my life. The opportunity came to me. It gave me a different set of eyes upon an indifferent world, one that holds far less wonder of life than I do. It not only saddened me some...it caused me to be more avoidant of 'The Normals'...the "Muggles".

I also thought it would shut my family the hell up about why I was/am as I was/am. Nothing changed there and things only got worse. So...I left them all. Mother always considered me 'special' and 'misunderstood'...my diagnosis changed her view of me for worse. Father always yammers about there being a pill to 'fix it'...no, there isn't. He's also a nosy, passive-aggressive sociopath, always analyzing others...his regard for others, including relations and even family, is quite sterile. My daughter, who has two daughters with autism, denies anyone older than her can have it...that relationship ended explosively.

If you don't wanna get a diagnosis, that's up to you. You seem to have developed good-enough cognitive and coping strategies. A lot of us aren't that fortunate and would welcome a little confirmation in order to reinforce our self-understanding and self-help strategies. God knows we've lost enough support where it could've mattered and now must ramp up alone to live our lives out as best as possible. Maybe you understand, I dunno.

As for being who I am: I'm content with it, diapers, crib, baby life an' all. I'd "rather have a (baby) bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy". This is my life, not the worlds' life. They can keep going to hell...it seems that's what they want anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 60something, BBBen, VeiledDevotee and 4 others
Seeing a lot of posts from autistic people with low support needs here so I thought I’d chip in as someone with moderate support needs / level 2 Autism / moderate autism.

I am hoping that I will be given space here to talk about my experiences with being more severely affected than most autistic internet users without being spoken over. I am usually not. Mind you this isn’t me being negative about autism or whatever, this is literally just my reality. I am okay with answering questions if they are asked nicely in good faith.

First and foremost, autism is a disability. With more and more people on the internet talking about autism, this seems to be pushed aside. Everyone on earth will fit SOME of the criteria for autism, because autistic traits are human traits. What makes it actually autism is the frequency and severity of the traits. Meeting the criteria automatically fits definition of disability. Yes, it’s a different way of thinking. No, it’s not curable or a disease. But it is a disability.

Many autistics will be low support needs / level 1 autism, which means they need some help with ADLs and probably some help with iADLs (google those if not familiar). This is not the same as “high / low functioning” btw, it’s about how autism affects you. Please know that low support needs is in comparison with other autistics who need extensive support not with non autistic people. Low support needs autistics still need more support than the average non autistic. Many of us, usually without internet access, have bellow average IQ or are non-verbal. It’s actually a very large amount of the autistic population. We tend to be forgotten or put into a whole different category of “those kind of autistics”, but we are just as important to the community and have a right to talk about our experiences with autism too. I am lucky to be able to use the internet, with assistance.

As i said before, I’m diagnosed with level 2 Autism and have medium support needs. I was diagnosed first at 2 years old, and reassessed at 10 and 20 for disability funding reasons.

I need 24/7 care. I need help eating, showering, toileting, moving around. I need to constantly be supervised or I will accidentally injure or kill myself. I need my meds, water and food intake managed for me. I use a device that speaks when I type to talk. I can’t leave my house without a support worker. House keeping, finances, shopping and driving are things I can’t do. With assistance I can participate in hobbies like art, games, and being little. I have bad, not just different, social skills. I need a support worker to help me socialise including on the internet because it is hard for me to understand things. I can’t tell the difference between hunger, thirst, needing to toilet, or physical pain, or how badly I’m feeling it. I have meltdowns where I violently bash myself, over what could be seen as trivial things. I have many co-occurring conditions such as sensory processing disorder and dyspraxia.

It is important to remember, even if the world was super accessible and autism friendly, I’d still be disabled and needing lots of support. I’d still be having meltdowns and difficulty understanding. The social model of disability alone leaves people like me out.

And, most importantly, my life is worth living despite my disability. Please try not to hold a superiority complex over more severely disabled people, it hurts. Thank you for reading 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 60something, BBBen, VeiledDevotee and 4 others
@PaddedCub Well put. Thank you for a very well explained capture about autism and variations therein. I am confused about the superiority part, though.

Reactions: BBBen and LittleRobbie
As for me?

I think what I have is social anxiety. Fact is, I've been far too trusting all my life, suffered the consequences repeatedly because I want to believe in the goodness of people and my life here and why I am alive, etc., but I later became resentful of people.
That leaded to my isolating myself, and an enormous amount of depression, self-doubt, and confusion. I want to write resentment again. Then sadness.

I always thought being honest or sincere was a good thing in life, as well as generosity. But overall, people see this as a character flaw and a weakness. The "Users" out there can see me miles away, and they have honed in on me many-a-time.
I thought I was stupid, or autistic, and still question this. No "professional" has said I was. Just the social anxiety thing, and one person said I was born during the wrong era (!):ROFLMAO:.
I am basically consistently who I am. My moods vary all based on my interpretation of the day with the people I was around and the things that transpired. I may drag hurt for hours or days after mulling scenarios repeatedly in my head to the point I consider suicide. Yes. But who hasn't?

I don't seem to NOT be influenced by people emotionally. Thence I relish being alone because I'm so spent after being around people.

I have a huge problem letting people in, and a huge problem trusting. This leads to my not opting to invite people over to my home. I prefer to be alone. I really don't know how to have a social life, because I get stressed-out and exhausted from "faking it" around people when what I see is "killing time socialising" when I can hardly wait to be alone again.Thence, I am what I am. A conundrum, I guess.

I only have one couch to sit on in my home. Lol. The rest is dedicated to my pets.

Reactions: BBBen, LittleRobbie and BobbiSueEllen
Woncrinklz said:
@PaddedCub Well put. Thank you for a very well explained capture about autism and variations therein. I am confused about the superiority part, though.
It is about aspie supremacy. This is when people who are not as severely affected by autism (think: Asperger’s diagnosis) hold a view that they are superior over more severely affected autistics and also sometimes non-autistics too. They tend to appeal to non-autistics as “one of the good ones/smart ones”. It’s not everyone with that diagnosis of course! But common enough that it has a term.

Reactions: AJFan2020, BBBen, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
PaddedCub said:
It is about aspie supremacy. This is when people who are not as severely affected by autism (think: Asperger’s diagnosis) hold a view that they are superior over more severely affected autistics and also sometimes non-autistics too. They tend to appeal to non-autistics as “one of the good ones/smart ones”. It’s not everyone with that diagnosis of course! But common enough that it has a term.
I see Aspie Supremacy as shit.
They/I am in no way superior to other Autistics.
Just my honest opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: BBBen, PaddedCub and LittleRobbie
Woncrinklz said:
As for me?

I think what I have is social anxiety. Fact is, I've been far too trusting all my life, suffered the consequences repeatedly because I want to believe in the goodness of people and my life here and why I am alive, etc., but I later became resentful of people.
That leaded to my isolating myself, and an enormous amount of depression, self-doubt, and confusion. I want to write resentment again. Then sadness.

I always thought being honest or sincere was a good thing in life, as well as generosity. But overall, people see this as a character flaw and a weakness. The "Users" out there can see me miles away, and they have honed in on me many-a-time.
I thought I was stupid, or autistic, and still question this. No "professional" has said I was. Just the social anxiety thing, and one person said I was born during the wrong era (!):ROFLMAO:.
I am basically consistently who I am. My moods vary all based on my interpretation of the day with the people I was around and the things that transpired. I may drag hurt for hours or days after mulling scenarios repeatedly in my head to the point I consider suicide. Yes. But who hasn't?

I don't seem to NOT be influenced by people emotionally. Thence I relish being alone because I'm so spent after being around people.

I have a huge problem letting people in, and a huge problem trusting. This leads to my not opting to invite people over to my home. I prefer to be alone. I really don't know how to have a social life, because I get stressed-out and exhausted from "faking it" around people when what I see is "killing time socialising" when I can hardly wait to be alone again.Thence, I am what I am. A conundrum, I guess.

I only have one couch to sit on in my home. Lol. The rest is dedicated to my pets.
A lot of NT's are lying manipulating shitbags who treat us Autistics like toilet paper.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: Woncrinklz and LittleRobbie
caitianx said:
A lot of NT's are lying manipulating shitbags who treat us Autistics like toilet paper.
I think it's just the same ol' game about them against them. That's how wars start.
I have a large amount of difficulty understanding people now that I'm an older generation working with younger ones. I have no idea what they are insinuating as a regular (?) comment. :LOL: I know people are prone to reject, attack, talk about, and possibly escalate to mentally torture those they don't understand. I think it all stems from themselves feeling insecure. It's the last thing I'd do, only because I, as so many others, have been on the receiving line to other people's cruelties for whatever reason.

Maybe the greatest question is why are people so mean?

How do you fix this terrible problem?

It happens in the medical "professional" field, schools, stores, everywhere.
As I age, I just stay alone, because people are asses.

Animals are not.

Either animals are in "sex-drive" and honestly being amorous to the point of "violent" behavior, or just going through their day.

People eventually find an excuse to back-bite each other no matter what class of mind or caliber, race, religion, nation, concept, gender, whatever. The fingers get pointed. Then condemn those that don't mesh with their beliefs.
That's what causes wars, hurt, deaths, breakups, confusions, etc.

What cures this human problem? (humanely speaking)

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Woncrinklz said:
I think it's just the same ol' game about them against them. That's how wars start.
I have a large amount of difficulty understanding people now that I'm an older generation working with younger ones. I have no idea what they are insinuating as a regular (?) comment. :LOL: I know people are prone to reject, attack, talk about, and possibly escalate to mentally torture those they don't understand. I think it all stems from themselves feeling insecure. It's the last thing I'd do, only because I, as so many others, have been on the receiving line to other people's cruelties for whatever reason.

Maybe the greatest question is why are people so mean?

How do you fix this terrible problem?

It happens in the medical "professional" field, schools, stores, everywhere.
As I age, I just stay alone, because people are asses.

Animals are not.

Either animals are in "sex-drive" and honestly being amorous to the point of "violent" behavior, or just going through their day.

People eventually find an excuse to back-bite each other no matter what class of mind or caliber, race, religion, nation, concept, gender, whatever. The fingers get pointed. Then condemn those that don't mesh with their beliefs.
That's what causes wars, hurt, deaths, breakups, confusions, etc.

What cures this human problem? (humanely speaking)
I think its pretty safe to say that your question will stay unanswered.

• Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020, BobbiSueEllen and Woncrinklz
I was diagnosed with autism when i was little. I need support workers to help me with communication and life skills, like staying on task, booking appointments or taking care of myself. I also need accommodations in academic contexts like digital copies of textbooks, some kind of laptop to write/take notes, and TTS programs.
PaddedCub said:
People don't really do this, do they? Most people in my life with a few outlire assholes have been overwhelmingly understanding of autism, no matter it's level. I'm so sorry. That breaks my heart that people've made you feel that way. :cry:

Bunnybnuy said:
People don't really do this, do they? Most people in my life with a few outlire assholes have been overwhelmingly understanding of autism, no matter it's level. I'm so sorry. That breaks my heart that people've made you feel that way. :cry:
I've seen it myself. We've been called 'common autistics' by many, both Muggle and 'Aspie'. As PaddedCub says, not by many but enough to be quite worrisome. It's one reason I refuse to refer to myself as 'Aspie': I'm no better or worse than any Autie...I AM an Autie. Hell, 'Dr.' Asperger's field of study was AUTISM. And it's Dr. Lorna Wing's fault for glorifying the murderer.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedCub
Dr. Hans Asperger was "SEIG HEIL!/HEIL HITLER!" to the core.
He should have gotten the hemp necktie for all the non-verbal Autistics he sent to be killed in the AKTION T4 Program.

Reactions: PaddedCub
Back