Any Non-Drinkers?

How many of you here dont drink? As in you dont drink anything alcoholic whatsoever?

• No, I dont drink

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • Yes, I drink

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters
Very mild drinker myself. If I catch a buzz I’m screwed. I will get a hangover that lasts til 5pm the next day. It’s just not worth. So I’m a two beer or one glass kind of guy. In my youth I’d opt for the party and just pay the piper the next day. I just can’t do that anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81, Pelusos and Angelapinks
I do not drink at all..I had a very bad problem with drinking and have been sober for 39 years now.

Reactions: elaleman, KBoy, egor and 7 others
chamberpot said:
I do not drink at all..I had a very bad problem with drinking and have been sober for 39 years now.
Congratulations on 39 great years.

Reactions: Kirisin, ILuvDiapers and chamberpot
In my misspent youth, I did drink. Then raised a family and got responsible. Now retired, I rarely drink at all due to meds + diabetes. I really don't miss it and rarely feel the desire to anymore. I have some rum in the house that has been there for 1/2 year, and it may be there for another few year unless guests/children (adults) use it up. My wife does not drink anymore for years, due to her own health issues.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers and Angelapinks
Lots of alcoholism in my family.
Father grandfathers both of them.
Sister is crazy drinking from it.
So I never did even when my dad wanted me to once. I want to remember my good times. Plus those that do are fun to watch.
And if you like mischief you can tell them they were doing things they would never do. Even if you are pulling there leg and they'll believe you 🤣

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Vikingbab, Kirisin, ShyBoo81 and 3 others
chamberpot said:
Congratulations. (y) :giggle: That's very good going.

Reactions: Kirisin and chamberpot
No.
I do not drink alcohol.
I was raised to have an extreme hatred of it.

I don't drink and never have. Heavy alcohol consumption seems to be a recreational sport in the area I live, so I've had plenty of opportunity to observe how poorly people behave when drunk. I simply don't see the appeal. The negative health effects are further reinforcement to stay away.

Reactions: mistykitty, ILuvDiapers, ShyBoo81 and 2 others
Hey. 1 year sober today. That was my goal. Maybe I'll drink in the future maybe I won't. I probably will. Like a beer with dinner or if I'm at a concert. That sorta thing. Just feels good to know I did the 1 year.

Reactions: Deleted member 75402, Kirisin, ILuvDiapers and 4 others
I don't drink much either. I cook with more alcohol than I drink. I have actually worked in bars and restaurants and had to be familiar with what things tasted like so I could make suggestions. But otherwise it's just never been my thing. As a female I like to be aware of my surroundings and alert. I never want to look like a good victim, so that has always been a major factor for me. Plus I think it's a little sad that some adults can't have fun unless they are lit, be proud you aren't one of those.

Reactions: Kirisin, Angelapinks, ILuvDiapers and 1 other person
I don't drink in the sense it's usually meant. I have no use for wine or beer, I won't join "social" rounds of drinks and would never pressure anyone.

There are some alcoholic beverages like whisky that just don't work without alcohol because it is needed as a solvent. At most once a week I do savor a few milliliters (less than one ounce), but never to get squiffy. It's really only for the complex taste (preferably Speyside sherry cask single malts).

• Love
Reactions: Kirisin, Angelapinks, ILuvDiapers and 1 other person
I don't drink very often. I definitely don't drink in public as I've been hit by a drunk driver before. Not fun and not a position I would put myself or anyone I know in. All the alcohol and spirits I have now are basically for cooking.

• Sad
Reactions: ILuvDiapers and ShyBoo81
Sorry I ghosted this thread for awhile, but thank you all for the replies. I still wish non-drinking adults were more common out there though, but Im glad theres at least some non-drinkers who voted here. It feels lonely being the only adult around who doesnt drink. Nothing against those who chose to drink, Im all for giving everyone the choice to drink or not without judgement

Reactions: TrashPanda01, Kirisin, Subtlerustle and 5 others
I only drink very rarely and even then it's not much. I've had experiences with someone who was an alcoholic and it absolutely broke me. I don't find drinking particularly enjoyable unless I'm out with mates (which is rare tbh) and even then I don't have more than 1 or 2.

I actually drink coffee, tea and hot chocolate regularly. If I want a cold drink it's usually cola, milkshakes or iced coffee. All much more enjoyable for me 😊

Reactions: Kirisin, Subtlerustle, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
Non-Drinker.

• Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81, mistykitty and ILuvDiapers
I used to drink a lot as a college undergrad. In the last 30 years, I rarely do. I don’t like the taste unless it’s a high quality stout or red wine. I don’t like the effect it has on me, and there are far too many people in my family who are alcoholics and have ruined their life because of it.

I would much prefer a glass of milk 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81 and ILuvDiapers
Would ya believe most adults are not heavy drinkers. But you won't find them out at the bar so they're harder to spot. I'll still go out and drink non alcoholic beer to watch a game. Or late night coffee shops and concerts.

Reactions: Angelapinks
ElPulpo said:
I don't drink in the sense it's usually meant. I have no use for wine or beer, I won't join "social" rounds of drinks and would never pressure anyone.

There are some alcoholic beverages like whisky that just don't work without alcohol because it is needed as a solvent. At most once a week I do savor a few milliliters (less than one ounce), but never to get squiffy. It's really only for the complex taste (preferably Speyside sherry cask single malts).
A good single malt would be my drink of choice also but only once in awhile.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and ElPulpo
Yeye I do not drink at all, no idea why people like it makes drinks taste disgusting!!
I have probably only drank a bottle or two of WKD blue when I was 14 and never really liked it, but haven’t touched drinks for years now I 20 we’ll above legal age sept for a sip from a family members cocktail on holiday a few weeks ago which was apparently extremely weak but cemented my dislike for the stuff anyhow!
Doubt I could even buy anything that requires age, not even energy drinks www! I don’t have any ID except my passport and I don’t carry that around everywhere!
If I do go out to the pub with family or something then I go for a pepsi max ! That’s a good drink!

Never had any “bad” experience never even been drunk, just alcohol makes stuff taste disgusting hehehe

Last edited:
I quit drinking over 5 years ago. I couldn't handle the hangovers anymore. The slightest bit of nausea turns me into a little baby lol

Back