Any Non-Drinkers?

How many of you here dont drink? As in you dont drink anything alcoholic whatsoever?

• No, I dont drink

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • Yes, I drink

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters

ShyBoo81

Just a simple guy who likes cute things
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Im personally not into drinking because I dont like how alcohol taste. However, I think its a shame how rare it is to find an adult who doesnt drink and isnt religious. Only reason I bring up religion is because for whatever reason, most adults automatically assume people who dont drink do it for religious purposes, which I dont. Also, I secretly dislike how drinking is the default social norm for every adult out there, and anyone who doesnt is seen as an outlier

Not to say that I have a thing against all drinkers. I have a few close friends who drink, and I appreciate them for respecting my choice to not drink and dont make a big deal about it. Ive only had one bad experience with a stranger who tried to peer pressure me into taking a shot, which thankfully I didnt give into. As long as no one peer pressures someone else into drinking then Im totally ok if a person likes to drink

• Love
Reactions: critter74, BBBen, oldskool and 8 others
Non drinker here
makes my whole body hurt so I avoid it. I can have about 1 sip at a toast. Even a small glass of wine makes my whole body turn red & I sweat so much. I just prefer not to feel that way

Reactions: BBBen, checkingoutall, ShyBoo81 and 2 others
I don't drink. There was one time I drank a little bit and it was several months after I legally could on my 21st birthday. The only other times have been a few sips during toasts at weddings.

Reactions: BBBen, checkingoutall, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
I never have and never will drink. At events where people consume I always do sparkling cider, soda, or water. I have several reasons not to drink but the biggest is because it could literally kill me because of my epilepsy and my epilepsy med.

Reactions: BBBen, checkingoutall, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
Location, demographic makeup, and local culture will have influence over lifestyles.
Meanwhile, rising costs, better awareness over health impacts, increased regulation, and even social issues are universally inescapable reminders for consumers.
Hopefully, as with special dietary requirements, non-consumers of alcoholic beverages can also gain increased visibility amongst the general population and therefore there will be less ignorance over this group over time.

While I wouldn’t classify myself as a non drinker I’ve just sort of lost interest in it. When I was still driving semi, over 30 years ago, I used to put away beer in vast quantities in the evenings, but I’ve been tapering off for years. I drank 2 beers in 3 hours when I attended my 50 year class reunion last month and that was the first alcohol that I had drank in more than a year. If the opportunity arises I’d likely have a glass of wine or a beer on occasion, if someone offered, but I just don’t bring it home or go out to get it since it doesn’t mean much to me anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen and TrashPanda01
I drink like once a month and on special occasions. Like have 1 or 2 beer.

I drink, but I don't get drunk. I also generally don't drink at parties because I'm often the designated driver.

When I drink, it's only craft beer.

I have recently decided that I am going to start stripping things out of my life that I started due to peer pressure and a need to act mature rather than being what I actually wanted. Drinking alcohol is one of those, I’ve never liked the taste and the thought of getting drunk terrifies me, plus alcohol is just more expensive for a worse tasting drink.

Reactions: BBBen, KBoy, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
Me and my wife don't drink. She can not stand the taste at all. It doesn't matter what it is, she hates it. Me on the other hand, I love the taste of alcohol. Also i have been told the family stories of great uncles and the like who were alcoholics. One would be brought home at night by his horse passed out drunk. Knowing alchoholism runs in my family and the fact i love the taste, is why I don't drink.

Reactions: Vikingbab, diapeybabybrian and ShyBoo81
Drink responsible. And don't drive drunk.

• Love
Reactions: Vikingbab and dous
I don’t have anything against moderate drinking, but I only drink a very small amount of wine (white or rosé) because I work so hard to stay slim I don’t want to take on any calories I don’t need.

Reactions: ShyBoo81
Maybe the odd rum and coke or white russian.

I drink but 3-4 times in a month, and only 3-4 dl of wine or 1-2 bottles or beer. I love the taste of wine but I hate to have hangover. I never drink when drive or work. Moderation is my way.
Alcoholism is a big problem but I think using hard drogs will be bigger in the next generation.

Reactions: ShyBoo81
Non drinker here. It caused me problems so packed it in 20 years ago :)(y)

Reactions: dous, ShyBoo81 and Cashew
I took the past year off. Only a couple days to go but I'm in no rush to start back up. I needed to cut back because of the damage it was doing to my health. I don't bounce back like I useta after a long night and the beer belly was noticeable. Think I'll continue with another sober October. I will drink non alcoholic beers. The ones that are 100% alcohol free like Heineken 0.0

I don't drink alcohol. It's very expensive to drink alcohol in the UK. Especially wines and spirits. My main reason for not drinking is not religious though. I simply don't like the taste, and would rather spend my money on other things i do like. :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: dous, ShyBoo81 and AsherDearing
I don't drink anything alcoholic. Also, babies don't drink but what they are told to drink. And they drink from a sippy cup, or a bottle. They drink milk, formula, water and if they are bad mommy's pee pee

• Wow
Reactions: theancientmariner and ShyBoo81
ShyBoo81 said:
Im personally not into drinking because I dont like how alcohol taste. However, I think its a shame how rare it is to find an adult who doesnt drink and isnt religious. Only reason I bring up religion is because for whatever reason, most adults automatically assume people who dont drink do it for religious purposes, which I dont. Also, I secretly dislike how drinking is the default social norm for every adult out there, and anyone who doesnt is seen as an outlier

Not to say that I have a thing against all drinkers. I have a few close friends who drink, and I appreciate them for respecting my choice to not drink and dont make a big deal about it. Ive only had one bad experience with a stranger who tried to peer pressure me into taking a shot, which thankfully I didnt give into. As long as no one peer pressures someone else into drinking then Im totally ok if a person likes to drink
I would not say I am a non drinker as I do like a glass of wine sometimes as well as a good Scotch, but I only do that once in awhile. When I was younger I often took friends on Wine Tours of the Niagara region and passed on my limited knowledge for appreciation of good wines. The older I got and the more meds I had to take, the less I would drink for safety sake.

Reactions: ShyBoo81, ElPulpo and Pelusos
Back