ABDL business product ideas (clothing design and products)

NovaDL said:
I want adult-sized crawler kneepads.
Not to steal thunder but... I could probably arrange that.

RubberJin said:
I think I asked this on your other thread but I'll ask it again - is there a skill you have for making anything? Because as a start, something you can make by yourself (or mostly by yourself) is going to be a far better place to start than having to contract out to others.

Several good sized businesses run by friends of mine started with a fairly basic thing they were doing or making for themselves and maybe a few friends who shared their interests.

Unless you want to have to find a big pile of cash to gamble with you're not going to be doing a production-run of littlekyro-brand diapers, a factory like that will need a sizeable order to even switch the machine on and most of the cost is going to be in the setup - printing plates, cutting dies, bulk materials, configuring the machines for a production run. I've dealt with stuff like this - setup costs 50k, finished item costs 10c/piece. If you've lucky it might be 5k/$1 for short runs in a smaller facility.
well my skill is more business rather then creating something, any design idea is a good one if there's something your looking for as this is more for pooling ideas to see what people want in diapers or clothes then go from there, any idea you have could be a good one :D

littlekyro said:
well my skill is more business rather then creating something
That's your problem though with trying to get into this scene. Your skill is business but you don't have any money. Even if you find an idea that you I don't think you'll find anything feasible

Last edited:
littlekyro said:
well my skill is more business rather then creating something, any design idea is a good one if there's something your looking for as this is more for pooling ideas to see what people want in diapers or clothes then go from there, any idea you have could be a good one :D

People want bibs and high chairs, as they have said in this and your other post. Go make them, or stop wasting everyone’s time.

More then enough effort has been wasted on your half arsed fantasy. Either put to or pipe down, this is getting beyond a joke.

You have ignored business owners, start ups and people with generally more sense than you. Maybe it’s time you actually listened.

Topex said:
That's your problem though with trying to get into this scene. Your skill is business but you don't have any money. Even if you find an idea that you I don't think you'll find anything feasible
hey every one has to start somewhere instead of critiquing threads maybe you can contribute to them?

MrPurple said:
People want bibs and high chairs, as they have said in this and your other post. Go make them, or stop wasting everyone’s time.

More then enough effort has been wasted on your half arsed fantasy. Either put to or pipe down, this is getting beyond a joke.

You have ignored business owners, start ups and people with generally more sense than you. Maybe it’s time you actually listened.
this thread is for idea pooling before I do anything I want to read what the ABDL community wants so I can better cater to that rather then make products that are generic and people don't want because they'd be like every other ABDL site's stuff, i'm more aiming to custom ideas that aren't in circulation

Last edited:
What good will idea pooling do if you are fundamentally unable to do anything with the information you retrieve?

littlekyro said:
hey every one has to start somewhere instead of critiquing threads maybe you can contribute to them?
As @MrPurple said there's no point in pooling ideas which you won't be able to do anything with because most if not all things in this space aren't really feasible business options for you. Sure you have to start somewhere, but sometimes there isn't anywhere to start especially when you clearly don't have what it takes to get by in this kind of business. Also I've contributed a lot to these threads and tossed around and entertained some ideas and albeit mostly their cons you just don't seem to see clearly

Last edited:
MrPurple said:
What good will idea pooling do if you are fundamentally unable to do anything with the information you retrieve?
never said i'm unable I just need to employ 1 or 2 to get the prototypes ready I just need ideas that would be popular in the community which means idea pooling for unused ideas that would be babyish

Topex said:
As @MrPurple said there's no point in pooling ideas which you won't be able to do anything with because most if not all things in this space aren't really feasible business options for you. Sure you have to start somewhere, but sometimes there isn't anywhere to start especially when you clearly don't have what it takes to get by in this kind of business. Also I've contributed a lot to these threads and tossed around and entertained some ideas and albeit mostly their cons you just don't seem to see clearly
well that's the thing this is the long haul I will be able to employ 1-2 soon but need ideas that can be popular enough to be worth while thus an idea pool is a great tool for ideas, many a business use such a tactic way before being ready to do anything so they have a plan for the long term

littlekyro said:
well that's the thing this is the long haul I will be able to employ 1-2 soon but need ideas that can be popular enough to be worth while thus an idea pool is a great tool for ideas, many a business use such a tactic way before being ready to do anything so they have a plan for the long term
There is no "long haul" when you don't have the skills or assets necessary to be successful in this area of business. You can't employ people if you don't have sufficient income in your business. As I listed above and other people have commented, this market is a competitive space and you don't seem to know the market or have any passion for this business. An idea pool only gets you so far and you haven't seemed to do any significant idea pooling yourself or really put any effort into this. You make it all sound like "oh things will work out at some point" but honestly in real life that isn't true

Topex said:
There is no "long haul" when you don't have the skills or assets necessary to be successful in this area of business. You can't employ people if you don't have sufficient income in your business. As I listed above and other people have commented, this market is a competitive space and you don't seem to know the market or have any passion for this business. An idea pool only gets you so far and you haven't seemed to do any significant idea pooling yourself or really put any effort into this. You make it all sound like "oh things will work out at some point" but honestly in real life that isn't true
ok if your not going to contribute to ideas then please don't respond to this thread, all businesses don't start over night most take years of planning and sourcing ideas to be different to other businesses, I haven't had the years of planning yet, I don't need a critique who keeps going off subject wanting to talk about the business side rather then contributing to the ideas that should be being passed around in this thread, lest it be like the first one with me having to kill it

littlekyro said:
ok if your not going to contribute to ideas then please don't respond to this thread, all businesses don't start over night most take years of planning and sourcing ideas to be different to other businesses, I haven't had the years of planning yet, I don't need a critique who keeps going off subject wanting to talk about the business side rather then contributing to the ideas that should be being passed around in this thread, lest it be like the first one with me having to kill it
I've contributed a lot of ideas and honestly sometimes you need to hear things you maybe don't want to since they are relevant to the discussion at hand on the topic of brainstorming and pooling ideas. I've tossed around and commented on a number of ideas proposed. Also just an fyi if you're so concerned about not discussing what you call the business side, though at this point everything is really just an integrated whole, here why do you continually respond to my posts that are according to you "off-topic"?

Businesses don't start overnight sure, but they should at least have some sense of direction and to be able to brainstorm effectively and come up with feasible ideas, you need to know what the market is like and be able to weigh the pros and cons and whether or not an idea is actually possible to attain; at first you suggested diapers which me and others have said is really not feasible, I listed why a bunch of different types of clothing aren't, someone suggested bibs and someone else crawling pads, but you never seemed determined to pursue either of these or much less interested. The problem is you haven't given people much to go on in terms of your interests--it's difficult to run a business, especially a small one, which you aren't passionate about and the vibe I'm getting that it seems other people are too is that it just isn't focused enough for this topic to bear any fruit. At this point it really just comes across as a fantasy business

Last edited:
Topex said:
I've contributed a lot of ideas and honestly sometimes you need to hear things you maybe don't want to since they are relevant to the discussion at hand on the topic of brainstorming and pooling ideas. I've tossed around and commented on a number of ideas proposed. Also just an fyi if you're so concerned about not discussing what you call the business side, though at this point everything is really just an integrated whole, here why do you continually respond to my posts that are according to you "off-topic"?

Businesses don't start overnight sure, but they should at least have some sense of direction and to be able to brainstorm effectively and come up with feasible ideas, you need to know what the market is like and be able to weigh the pros and cons and whether or not an idea is actually possible to attain; at first you suggested diapers which me and others have said is really not feasible, I listed why a bunch of different types of clothing aren't, someone suggested bibs and someone else crawling pads, but you never seemed determined to pursue either of these or much less interested. The problem is you haven't given people much to go on in terms of your interests--it's difficult to run a business, especially a small one, which you aren't passionate about and the vibe I'm getting that it seems other people are too is that it just isn't focused enough for this topic to bear any fruit. At this point it really just comes across as a fantasy business
by ideas i mean products or imagery or styles of ABDL clothing

littlekyro said:
by ideas i mean products or imagery or styles of ABDL clothing
That was never unclear. However as has been mentioned just trying to market some kind of image or design is a small niche space like this is bound to be ripped off, probably by someone who's already doing better than you. I'd honestly recommend trying to find some style and particular clothing piece that you are passionate about, there's really not all that many and you haven't seemed very receptive to the ideas offered so far

Last edited:
Topex said:
Businesses don't start overnight
Pretty sure given a week or two I could take any one of the many ideas here and have a few prototypes, a web-shop and be ready to take orders... and not have spent much more than most people could comfortably run up on a credit card. And that's without having the skill to actually produce any of them myself.

This is what concerns me about littlekyro's approach, he says his skill is "business" but I'm not getting a very proactive entrepreneurial vibe off any of his posts... it feels like "business skill" might be a euphemism for book-learnt familiarity with corporate business structures, systems, and terms, not the sort of "business skill" that saw people set up successful startups in their spare bedrooms.

Also, this crowd-sourcing of ideas is risky because there's a vast divide between what people will say they'd like and buy, and what people will actually put their hands in their pockets for. I've seen more than a few projects get scuppered by this - everyone will say "Yeah, sure, I'd buy that" until you ask them for their $50 and then it's well uh I dunno, maybe next month...

I'd want character briefs for people our size. I know there are some that are made for adults already but those don't have that same pure cotton material and generous cut like a real boys character briefs. They would be replicas of what's available today but, obviously, without the actual Disney, Marvel, DC, etc characters but more generic cartoon characters or images.

RubberJin said:
Pretty sure given a week or two I could take any one of the many ideas here and have a few prototypes, a web-shop and be ready to take orders... and not have spent much more than most people could comfortably run up on a credit card. And that's without having the skill to actually produce any of them myself.

This is what concerns me about littlekyro's approach, he says his skill is "business" but I'm not getting a very proactive entrepreneurial vibe off any of his posts... it feels like "business skill" might be a euphemism for book-learnt familiarity with corporate business structures, systems, and terms, not the sort of "business skill" that saw people set up successful startups in their spare bedrooms.

Also, this crowd-sourcing of ideas is risky because there's a vast divide between what people will say they'd like and buy, and what people will actually put their hands in their pockets for. I've seen more than a few projects get scuppered by this - everyone will say "Yeah, sure, I'd buy that" until you ask them for their $50 and then it's well uh I dunno, maybe next month...
Definitely agree on everything said here. Should be able to get a small business like this going in a few weeks at most; it shouldn't take a few years to plan as the OP had said. The problem with crowdsourcing as well for something like this is it's just too niche--you wouldn't make any substantial money. Also agree OP is definitely more book smart (though that's even arguable with some of the things he's said) and I've mentioned multiple times that he really doesn't show any entrepreneurial spirit or passion for this kind of business

BryanGoodnite said:
I'd want character briefs for people our size. I know there are some that are made for adults already but those don't have that same pure cotton material and generous cut like a real boys character briefs. They would be replicas of what's available today but, obviously, without the actual Disney, Marvel, DC, etc characters but more generic cartoon characters or images.
Although it's a good idea and I've definitely wanted something like this before, the issue I'd say with these is it's really easy to rip off and I honestly don't think there would be a sufficient audience to sell these. There are also a lot of other options like superhero, etc. briefs on the market already that are really cheap and would be competition

Last edited:
Topex said:
That was never unclear. However as has been mentioned just trying to market some kind of image or design is a small niche space like this is bound to be ripped off, probably by someone who's already doing better than you. I'd honestly recommend trying to find some style and particular clothing piece that you are passionate about, there's really not all that many and you haven't seemed very receptive to the ideas offered so far
I chalk that to howmany are active here

Back