ABDL business product ideas (clothing design and products)

littlekyro said:
I chalk that to howmany are active here
I don't even know what this is referring to much less how anything I was mentioning is affected by activity here

Last edited:
RubberJin said:
Pretty sure given a week or two I could take any one of the many ideas here and have a few prototypes, a web-shop and be ready to take orders... and not have spent much more than most people could comfortably run up on a credit card. And that's without having the skill to actually produce any of them myself.

Ah hem. Never guess what I have been up to 😅

Last edited by a moderator:
RubberJin said:
Pretty sure given a week or two I could take any one of the many ideas here and have a few prototypes, a web-shop and be ready to take orders... and not have spent much more than most people could comfortably run up on a credit card. And that's without having the skill to actually produce any of them myself.

This is what concerns me about littlekyro's approach, he says his skill is "business" but I'm not getting a very proactive entrepreneurial vibe off any of his posts... it feels like "business skill" might be a euphemism for book-learnt familiarity with corporate business structures, systems, and terms, not the sort of "business skill" that saw people set up successful startups in their spare bedrooms.

Also, this crowd-sourcing of ideas is risky because there's a vast divide between what people will say they'd like and buy, and what people will actually put their hands in their pockets for. I've seen more than a few projects get scuppered by this - everyone will say "Yeah, sure, I'd buy that" until you ask them for their $50 and then it's well uh I dunno, maybe next month...
that's good that's laser focus i'm still trying to assess the market so I don't land in hot water along with seeing what everyone wants, i'm probably going to add say overalls that you select the size then what you want embroiled on the front then its made then sent to you but before even that step I need to make assessments on the market see if the few ideas I have isn't already been made but also my hands are semi tied also because of family reasons but when that's delt with I will then be 100% committed to the business and more, at this stage I am pooling ideas and trying to deal with family matters on the side life happens lol

littlekyro said:
that's good that's laser focus i'm still trying to assess the market so I don't land in hot water along with seeing what everyone wants, i'm probably going to add say overalls that you select the size then what you want embroiled on the front then its made then sent to you but before even that step I need to make assessments on the market see if the few ideas I have isn't already been made but also my hands are semi tied also because of family reasons but when that's delt with I will then be 100% committed to the business and more, at this stage I am pooling ideas and trying to deal with family matters on the side life happens lol
To be completely honest you haven't seemed to be doing a very good job of assessing the market thus far and this seems just like something you pulled out of the air.

Embroidered overalls are absolutely nothing new or proprietary. There are lots of companies that produce overalls, lots of people on Etsy who do specific special designs and embroidering, many many many companies that do custom embroidery, etc. And this is what I know from personal knowledge and 30 seconds of research

Last edited:
Topex said:
To be completely honest you haven't seemed to be doing a very good job of assessing the market thus far and this seems just like something you pulled out of the air.

Embroidered overalls are absolutely nothing new or proprietary. There are lots of companies that produce overalls, lots of people on Etsy who do specific special designs and embroidering, many many many companies that do custom embroidery, etc. And this is what I know from personal knowledge and 30 seconds of research
that wasn't my big idea its just an example I used to kind of explain that i'm not without ideas, and that I also have other priorities also which require my immediate focus before i can make any move at all in starting my business, life tends to always be a butthead in that regard

Whilst not a diaper or clothing item, an ABDL product I’ve always yearned for was an easy quick method to turn my twin bed into a crib. Some way to easily attach and detach crib rails to the side of a twin bed would be so cool. If I’m feeling babyish, the rails go up...if I’m not feeling it or I have family coming over, rails quickly detach...if only.

JustinDB87 said:
Whilst not a diaper or clothing item, an ABDL product I’ve always yearned for was an easy quick method to turn my twin bed into a crib. Some way to easily attach and detach crib rails to the side of a twin bed would be so cool. If I’m feeling babyish, the rails go up...if I’m not feeling it or I have family coming over, rails quickly detach...if only.

Magnets and catches maybe?

MrPurple said:
Unfortunately that's a bit like saying "why not use wood?" :p

MrPurple said:
I was thinking maybe a specialy designed bed where the railings could be attached by bolts or clamps

If it's specially designed I'd hope it could be engineered to slot together with minimal fasteners / effort - slots, tabs, latches etc.

RubberJin said:
If it's specially designed I'd hope it could be engineered to slot together with minimal fasteners / effort - slots, tabs, latches etc.
well that would be a good idea, first of all I do have family matters that demand my attention then i'll draw the idea up then see about finding a manufacture who can refine and produce the idea

littlekyro said:
well that would be a good idea, first of all I do have family matters that demand my attention then i'll draw the idea up then see about finding a manufacture who can refine and produce the idea
As people have told you before you don't have the money or skill to find a manufacturer (I doubt even a single person would do this and if so the margins would be terrible and the price really high due to the labour). You'd definitely need to prototype this first to see if it even works, get a better idea of the market and see if it's worth producing, and other things before even considering finding a manufacturer (which you probably won't get)

Last edited:
Topex said:
As people have told you before you don't have the money or skill to find a manufacturer (I doubt even a single person would do this and if so the margins would be terrible and the price really high due to the labour). You'd definitely need to prototype this first to see if it even works, get a better idea of the market and see if it's worth producing, and other things before even considering finding a manufacturer (which you probably won't get)
well you don't know what skills I have, you don't know me

littlekyro said:
I can make some pretty reasonable judgements from the way you've composed yourself in this thread and the things you've said (and about what you've done), as well as the difficulty this space brings with it. I'm not saying you're totally incompetent, just that I think it's fair to say you aren't nearly good enough to land a manufacturer for a business like this (however I'd focus more on the fact you don't have the money as I also said); I can hold my own in chess, but I don't have the skills to rival a grandmaster

Last edited:
Topex said:
I can make some pretty reasonable judgements from the way you've composed yourself in this thread and the things you've said (and about what you've done), as well as the difficulty this space brings with it. I'm not saying you're totally incompetent, just that I think it's fair to say you aren't nearly good enough to land a manufacturer for a business like this (however I'd focus more on the fact you don't have the money as I also said); I can hold my own in chess, but I don't have the skills to rival a grandmaster
true and what I said was only a highlight wheel its not like its going to be an overnight success I also have one other business that I wanna set up first which is close to my heart, so I've got a list of stuff to do but hopefully it will be set up relatively quickly

littlekyro said:
Yeah, we've asked you several times what your skills are and all you've said is "business"... we're trying quite hard to help you here but you're not making it easy.

RubberJin said:
Yeah, we've asked you several times what your skills are and all you've said is "business"... we're trying quite hard to help you here but you're not making it easy.
my skill is running a business, I know what I need to do how to do it and keep it afloat

littlekyro said:
true and what I said was only a highlight wheel its not like its going to be an overnight success I also have one other business that I wanna set up first which is close to my heart, so I've got a list of stuff to do but hopefully it will be set up relatively quickly
Why not stick to one business...? You're overestimating your abilities if you haven't started one and are already trying to plan the next one.

littlekyro said:
my skill is running a business, I know what I need to do how to do it and keep it afloat
Starting a business and running a business are different, and based on what you've said in this thread you may be booksmart, but you don't seem to really have any idea of how things really work in the real world. Also to keep it afloat, it has to be afloat in the first place which is where I think you'll struggle severely

Topex said:
Why not stick to one business...? You're overestimating your abilities if you haven't started one and are already trying to plan the next one.

Starting a business and running a business are different, and based on what you've said in this thread you may be booksmart, but you don't seem to really have any idea of how things really work in the real world. Also to keep it afloat, it has to be afloat in the first place which is where I think you'll struggle severely
true there's steps in fact the first is leasing a store or warehouse as well as getting the business registered usualy an LLC or INC preferable when registering a business so any payments would automatically get taxed and be recognised as a licenced business, that way no one wouldn't run into legal issues for an unregistered business which then would lead to fines, then having the prototypes made prior to mass production if they are successful then mass production, there's a lot about it you didn't mention in your case that I was factoring in

littlekyro said:
true there's steps in fact the first is leasing a store or warehouse as well as getting the business registered usualy an LLC or INC preferable when registering a business so any payments would automatically get taxed and be recognised as a licenced business, that way no one wouldn't run into legal issues for an unregistered business which then would lead to fines, then having the prototypes made prior to mass production if they are successful then mass production, there's a lot about it you didn't mention in your case that I was factoring in
That's where you're wrong. Neither of those are the first steps in this space, or any. You first need a functional prototype for proof of concept so you have something that works before you even think of finding a warehouse and don't even think about all of this fancy business registration stuff until you have a business. You shouldn't even think about a brick and mortar store for this small and niche of a business and your focus should be getting a website. Until you can mass produce you don't need a warehouse and a warehouse and storefront are expensive.

To be completely honest, you don't seem at all like you know how to start a business. You may know the all of the laws in business, but you sure don't seem to have a clue in starting one

Reactions: RubberJin
Back