Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Default Shaving

Do people find it easier to shave their private area when incontinent.

How do you do it?

I Have always done it and used a razor to do the job, I find it easier to clean up during a nappy change so will continue to.

I always keep my diaper area shaved. I use a women's Venus razor and shave during my morning shower. It only takes a few extra minutes and it makes cleaning up so much easier and keeps odors down.

Quote Originally Posted by PadsnPullups View Post
    I always keep my diaper area shaved. I use a women's Venus razor and shave during my morning shower. It only takes a few extra minutes and it makes cleaning up so much easier and keeps odors down.
    I did try some of the ladies range but just didn't get on with them.

I saw a few articles recently saying that shaving your "bikini line" isn't healthy (unless you are at risk of lice... urgh!)

I can only find an article from the Daily Hysterical at the moment, but here y'go:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...tors-warn.html

I don't think that any cautionary articles apply to incontinent people. I'm not speaking as any kind of expert here, just as someone being logical. Hair traps the moisture and the odor, neither of which is a good thing. It makes cleaning up a whole lot harder. I've been clean-shaven since I lost control; it's one of the things I think has helped me to be discreet about my incontinence.

Oh, to answer the OP's question: Venus razor. Works fine.

Norelco electric triple head razor for me smooth as babys bottom once a week shave does the trick not a issue a one

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I saw a few articles recently saying that shaving your "bikini line" isn't healthy (unless you are at risk of lice... urgh!)

I can only find an article from the Daily Hysterical at the moment, but here y'go:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...tors-warn.html
    An article from the Daily Fail. Mmmm I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

I trim my hair short but have never removed it totaly, i use a braun trimmer with aduustable lenth combs to trim it down to a very managable height.

I use a men's twin blade pivot head razor, dry or wet, sitting on the toilet or standing in the shower. Not a real close shave, but close enough.

Shave completely from my neck to my toes for the last 25 years and no problems yet. Keeps that whole area cooler and yes, easier cleanup too!
    Once a week with a Gillette Mach3.