The new DC Idyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Bringer said:
Have you thought about partnering with another company such as ABU? I personally wouldn't mind seeing an anime artwork style image return but for legal reasons it should probably original and not copied from somewhere.

That's probably not a good idea, ABU is overpriced for play diapers. DC actually makes the diapers usable rather than just for show, I'd rather pay $60 more for (24 Amors I think?) good diapers than pay over $100 for 12 play diapers. That's just my opinion though. I was once going to buy from ABU but their prices are atrociously high for less than quality stuff.

AddyShadows said:
That's probably not a good idea, ABU is overpriced for play diapers. DC actually makes the diapers usable rather than just for show, I'd rather pay $60 more for (24 Amors I think?) good diapers than pay over $100 for 12 play diapers. That's just my opinion though. I was once going to buy from ABU but their prices are atrociously high for less than quality stuff.

That was the old ABU. They changed management and ownership earlier this year. Their current line, especially the Space, are getting much better reviews. And they're nowhere near that expensive. Have you checked the site recently?

Akastus said:
That was the old ABU. They changed management and ownership earlier this year. Their current line, especially the Space, are getting much better reviews. And they're nowhere near that expensive. Have you checked the site recently?
Agreed, they even made improvements to the rest of the line as well. Space Diapers are equals to Bellissimo diapers if not slightly better. The new owners have turned ABU around and probably have the best customer service in the industry now.

jeremyi said:
I believe the most expensive the shipping on a case can get is $31.99, and that's if you're in New York or Maine!

My case of Lg Idyl was $32.99 to Iowa.... Total products $67.04, Total shipping $32.99, Order Total $100.03 :dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

Akastus said:
That was the old ABU. They changed management and ownership earlier this year. Their current line, especially the Space, are getting much better reviews. And they're nowhere near that expensive.?

I'l also throw my hat in that ring, product quality is up, prices are down. (and service is up too, all around winners) Those space are quite reasonable for what you get.

I like lighter colored diapers myself the color is too dark for me but I wouldn't be opposed to trying one on.

I thank the plastic in the pink DC Amor diapers feels great between the legs so soft and cuddly on the inside and nice and smooth and crinkly on the outside between the legs. I love these diapers.

AddyShadows said:

The ABU products are actually quite reasonably priced, and offer far better protection than the XP Medical Absorbency Plus diapers. Their Space diapers are priced similar to the DC Amor and Idyl products, yet offer better absorbency and retention. So the ABU products are VERY useful, having been inspected by the FDA and approved for Flexible Spending Accounts. This is what Strom Enterprises intends. They want to tap into the medical markets, and reduce or remove the stigma against adult diapers and those who MUST wear them.

bambinod said:
My case of Lg Idyl was $32.99 to Iowa.... Total products $67.04, Total shipping $32.99, Order Total $100.03 :dunno:

So I get a TM from UPS the other day, "your order has been shipped and will be delivered on Friday Dec 18". Whoa that't cutting it close, I'm headed out of state on Saturday and will be gone for a week!

Got another TM JUST NOW (10:53 pm), "UPS: We've rescheduled your delivery for Monday Dec 21" seeeeeriously?

So I called the 800#, and tracked it. Recording says "Your shipment is on time and is scheduled for delivery on Dec 21". So, apparently when they're running late, they still consider deliveries "on time" as long as they tell you they're late before you should have gotten your package. :(

So I talk with a rep...

UPS: "we'll hold your package at the depot, you can call them on Friday to see if it's available for pickup"

ME: "ok what's their number?"

UPS: "I don't have their number"

ME: "then how the heck am I supposed to CALL them?"

*sigh* I thought my local US Post Office had exclusive rights to being this stupid. Apparently they have competition now.

UPS: "Oh and we can only hold it until Monday Dec 28"

ME: "I get back into town on Tuesday! Can't you hold it until the 29th?"

UPS: "no."

Soooo wanted to continue with "So, is there anything else you can do to screw this up?" "NOPE, I think we've got it completely covered!"

I agree with most other people on here that the design is cute but the background color is far too bright. Maybe if it was dulled down?

OK just got my case in, here's my first impressions!

- physical design is virtually identical to the DC Amore Kitten, it's clearly a reskin. The shell and the liner I thought were different - my first impression was the liner was not as soft and the shell was stiffer. But a blind test quickly put that to rest, I can't tell them apart with my eyes closed. It was all psychological, seeing the change from pink to blue. Go figure!

- shell color... well, blue. very dark, very deep blue. It's about a Pantone PMS 2950. They show 2945 and 2955 here: http://www.jmtradingpl.com/color-chart/ - it's a blue-green mix, looking bluer under brighter light and greener under dimmer light. Kinda looks like a color you'd see on swimming trunks actually. There's a bit of a gloss to it also, so it kinda sorta has a vinyl appearance.

- most of the shell is that blue-green, but there's a white "clouds" theme running vertically front to back about where the leg cuffs are, with a very minor space/night theme with white rockets and stars, with the clouds changing to balloons at the front and back. The cloud/balloon print is where the pink swirly lines are on the Kitten's shell.

- the artwork on the front tape panel is actually a bit difficult to make out, due to the very dark background. It looks good, it's just difficult to see clearly. It's a mix of bears, dogs, balloons, parachooting, and airplanes. Sort of a Sky theme. They avoided the transparency color problem that the Crinklz had, all the colors on the tape are visible and correct, there's no overprint or mixing. But the very dark background makes it difficult for the colors of the panel to stand out since the areas around the art are clear and the blue comes right through with no borders or anything around the art. If I had a suggestion to make here I'd recommend going with a light frosting of medium grey or white around the background on the front tape panel, making the background semitransparent, so some of the blue and patterning showed through, but that raised the background brightness significantly to make the dark colors of the artwork stand out better.

- the front panel changes to a thin blue/white stripe pattern with more of the stars theme to it, extending almost to the ends of the wing in the front.

- shipping is good as always, discrete labels with four bags to a case, 12 diapers to a bag. They're packed a little looser in the bag than some other brands, so you don't have to fight to get the first one out. (maybe this is in my head too?)

pretty much everything else about it is the same that I can tell. Same dimensions, same padding and thickness, ssme amount of stiffness, and I would expect capacity to be identical. All the changes from the Kitten were cosmetic. So if you loved the kitten but didn't care for a pink diaper, this is definitely what you wanted.

Jeremyi this is DKDL if I order 30 cases of the DC. IDYL, Diapers can I get a bigger discount.
I need to know if the sizing on these diapers are the same or similar to the DC Amor brands.
And I like the width off the tapes on the DC Amor diapers as far as how far apart the tapes are side to side I just want to know in comparison how far apart the tapes are in comparison to the IDYL Diapers.

Normally we suggest getting a sample before ordering a case... but ordering 30 cases without trying a sample first seems quite insane!

Then I have to wrap my brain around.... 30 cases of diapers getting delivered to my house... kneejerk reaction is "hold for pickup", but wait, how many trips will that require?!

Hey, DKDL. I've emailed your customer account to discuss further :biggrin:

I will be trying them I just ordered 30 cases in the large size the total was 2,078.19 I'm a regular Diaper Connoisseur. And these are the best products I've ever worn
And will be stocked for the next couple of years.

Wow, thank you! You are truly the diaper connoisseur...

If my math is right that's about $1.44 per diaper ... that's a killer deal! I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied :biggrin:

So does anyone else have any opinions or feedback to post about the Idyls? I'm sure a few people here have tried them by now. (I'm guessing most were just left speechless by the their greatness but I could be wrong :p )

Greatness usually inspires something other than speechlessness.

I'm still trying to decide whether your avatar means you like the President or you don't.

That's not much feedback, but there you go!

Hay I've been warring diapers for years now and far as the Amor diapers are the best, But still I can't wait to try the IDYL Diapers.
We will see if they work as good as the Amor's But I am pretty sure I will like both products Just about the same I will have to see on the IDYL diaper's that the top tapes don't interfere with the waist band up front of the diaper while being applied because the are a wider tape.
It seems like if you look at the way most people diaper them self's that they don't know what they are doing.
As an example! If you look at the Amor diapers you can still place the upper tape between the pad line and the waist band after you first place the lower tapes about midrange on the taping panel.
This fit will work out good on the diapers and after they form fit around the waist and adjust on there own the upper tapes will disappear leaving a cool look as single
tapes like baby diapers.
And as you will see there will be much better function around the legs because you are not pulling the lower tapes apart from the lower section of the diaper like when you are walking or spreading your leg's
What I recommend for every one far as fit is concerned is that you don't want the tapes to far apart and that the lower tape is wider and that the upper is more narrow
And the diaper needs to be designed to place the upper tape between the pad line and the waist band to you can have a nice flexible fit around the waist band, Like the DC Amor diapers.

DKDL said:
And the diaper needs to be designed to place the upper tape between the pad line and the waist band to you can have a nice flexible fit around the waist band, Like the DC Amor diapers.

That's where I usually aim for too, top tape between the waist band and the start of the padding, or just where it starts. The position of the lower tape varies wildly from one diaper to another. (of different design)

sbmccue said:
Greatness usually inspires something other than speechlessness.

I'm still trying to decide whether your avatar means you like the President or you don't.

That's not much feedback, but there you go!

Lol. Not much opinion one way or another, but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the picture.

- - - Updated - - -

DKDL said:
Hay I've been warring diapers for years now and far as the Amor diapers are the best, But still I can't wait to try the IDYL Diapers.
We will see if they work as good as the Amor's But I am pretty sure I will like both products Just about the same I will have to see on the IDYL diaper's that the top tapes don't interfere with the waist band up front of the diaper while being applied because the are a wider tape.
It seems like if you look at the way most people diaper them self's that they don't know what they are doing.
As an example! If you look at the Amor diapers you can still place the upper tape between the pad line and the waist band after you first place the lower tapes about midrange on the taping panel.
This fit will work out good on the diapers and after they form fit around the waist and adjust on there own the upper tapes will disappear leaving a cool look as single
tapes like baby diapers.
And as you will see there will be much better function around the legs because you are not pulling the lower tapes apart from the lower section of the diaper like when you are walking or spreading your leg's
What I recommend for every one far as fit is concerned is that you don't want the tapes to far apart and that the lower tape is wider and that the upper is more narrow

Agreed! That's the ideal fit. Even with the Idyls and their wider vertical tape-span, I haven't had any real problems with bottom tapes bunching up on the bottom from thigh movement. With the proper fit as you said, you should be set :biggrin:

Jeremyi can you see if you can get me an update on this load of diapers that I bought from you I am sorry if it seems like I am being a little pushy I just need to know I need to get back to work buy next week for business and am hoping to have the shipment before the end of the week, I hope you understand thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back