The new DC Idyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I received a case of the 48 Amors. Plastic has a near-mat finish, and feels stiff and resilient. Not quite like what is found on a vintage Luvs diaper. The color is hot, and flamboyant. Art work on the taping panel shows good detail. Tapes are narrow, but have good duration. I have not observed any color bleeding on other garments. The overall width of the Amors and Confidry 24/7's are similar. Absorbency is excellent; they will not leak!

My summary: The Amors may not have the softest outer material. The plastic is a little stiff, resilient, and "crinkly", but definitely not smooth and shiny like on original Pampers or current batch of XP Absorbency Plus "briefs". None the less: They show the same excellent quality control as the Chinese Panda family of diapers (Bambino, ABUniverse). The Amors have good utility, and will work well for long trips or in circumstances where restrooms are not accessible. I consider these to be a high-reliability garment, in spite of their loud coloration.

It does not matter the color of the cat, as long as it gets the mouse. I think the taping panel can present that message very well.

jeremyi said:
Omg, this is exactly what I wanted to do! I even thought of calling it the couple's case :biggrin: You must be some type of wizard...

Bambino will do that iirc, they refer to it as a "mixed case". For that you simply tell them in the comment section that you want the case 50/50 teddy and classico etc. There's a little more interaction required if it involves mixing bellisimo due to their slightly higher cost.

It's not a bad idea for those that want a mixed case though. It just makes coding the storefront a pain! (and probably makes some packing headaches)

And the Idyl aren't enabled yet, waaah! hopefully Monday ;)

The only real hurdle is re-packaging - adding the option to the site's no big deal. But I'd like to give customers the most options. I was actually one of the people who bugged Bambino through emails back in the day to introduce the "variety case". I'm a long-time fan of them :biggrin: No doubt a big priority for your average ABDL when it comes to diapers is variety. I'm sure a mixed case will be very popular.

The Idyls left the port Friday, so I'll be having them delivered this Wednesday. They should be in stock and available for purchase not too long after that ;)

Honeywell6180 said:
Well, I received a case of the 48 Amors. Plastic has a near-mat finish, and feels stiff and resilient. Not quite like what is found on a vintage Luvs diaper. The color is hot, and flamboyant. Art work on the taping panel shows good detail. Tapes are narrow, but have good duration. I have not observed any color bleeding on other garments. The overall width of the Amors and Confidry 24/7's are similar. Absorbency is excellent; they will not leak!

My summary: The Amors may not have the softest outer material. The plastic is a little stiff, resilient, and "crinkly", but definitely not smooth and shiny like on original Pampers or current batch of XP Absorbency Plus "briefs". None the less: They show the same excellent quality control as the Chinese Panda family of diapers (Bambino, ABUniverse). The Amors have good utility, and will work well for long trips or in circumstances where restrooms are not accessible. I consider these to be a high-reliability garment, in spite of their loud coloration.

It does not matter the color of the cat, as long as it gets the mouse. I think the taping panel can present that message very well.

Even if the cat is purple ;) Thanks for the review.

I have to agree with what some others are saying, the blue is a bit overbearing. A lighter shade, like babyblue or skyblue would probably be better, overall though if they're anything like the amors in terms of quality these should be quite good.

owell short of trying to keep them hidden under lighter clothes that aren't 100% opaque is probably the only real issue. I could honestly see these bleeding through thin white shorts and definitely showing their tails under a lot of white tshirts. (and nobody's gonna miss it if your shirt comes untucked!)

So far, the color doesn't matter. All I know is this: The PINK ones may not be as soft as the Dry 24/7's from Israel were. They are a little thinner than the newly downsized Confidry's. Are they meant for daily wear, perhaps? Their color is loud. BUT! They have not let me down. At least, not yet anyway!

Last edited:
jeremyi said:
The only real hurdle is re-packaging - adding the option to the site's no big deal. But I'd like to give customers the most options. I was actually one of the people who bugged Bambino through emails back in the day to introduce the "variety case". I'm a long-time fan of them :biggrin: No doubt a big priority for your average ABDL when it comes to diapers is variety. I'm sure a mixed case will be very popular.

The Idyls left the port Friday, so I'll be having them delivered this Wednesday. They should be in stock and available for purchase not too long after that ;)

On the note of variety, is it possible that in the future we might see different forms of Amors and Idyls? By that I mean like how baby diapers are packaged, say pampers for example, there are usually 2 different design types at least in the package. A better example would be pullups since pink and blue, two different kinds of Amors in a pack and 2 types of Idlys in the same pack? Anything like that planned for the future?

And here is another question: Any plans on expanding the line of DC more? More tape on diapers? Maybe going into the ab/dl pullup market or something like that? Single tape diapers? Any plans or no? Sorry if that's a completely unanswerable question but. . . I figured I'd ask anyway, as a customer I look forward to DC expanding! ^.^

I wonder if all-white would be cheaper to manufacture? I've never actually gotten any basic comficare, I don't know if they have print or sizing marks or wetness indicators.

These look really good. Padding in the front great.

bambinod said:
I wonder if all-white would be cheaper to manufacture? I've never actually gotten any basic comficare, I don't know if they have print or sizing marks or wetness indicators.

All-over prints are definitely more costly - the moulds needed to print with them are pricey and must be changed/replaced frequently, especially on the DC diapers due to the gradient effects they have. Definitely a diapery luxury ;)

AddyShadows said:
On the note of variety, is it possible that in the future we might see different forms of Amors and Idyls? By that I mean like how baby diapers are packaged, say pampers for example, there are usually 2 different design types at least in the package. A better example would be pullups since pink and blue, two different kinds of Amors in a pack and 2 types of Idlys in the same pack? Anything like that planned for the future?

And here is another question: Any plans on expanding the line of DC more? More tape on diapers? Maybe going into the ab/dl pullup market or something like that? Single tape diapers? Any plans or no? Sorry if that's a completely unanswerable question but. . . I figured I'd ask anyway, as a customer I look forward to DC expanding! ^.^

That's a cool concept! I don't think different designs are possible within one package, but that's certainly something I'll look into and discuss with my supplier. Of course you'll have some customers who want one particular design and others who want 2 different ones. So I think keeping them in separate packs, with the option open to mix-and-match a case, is the best approach.

I would love to expand further with different designs! I've been brainstorming and researching different options for the future that can hopefully unfold later in 2016 :biggrin:

jeremyi said:
That's a cool concept! I don't think different designs are possible within one package, but that's certainly something I'll look into and discuss with my supplier. Of course you'll have some customers who want one particular design and others who want 2 different ones. So I think keeping them in separate packs, with the option open to mix-and-match a case, is the best approach.

I would love to expand further with different designs! I've been brainstorming and researching different options for the future that can hopefully unfold later in 2016 :biggrin:

I can't wait to see whats in store for 2016! :D I hope it's more awesome stuff! #Happycustomer

Hey, guys. Got the Idyls delivered today. I'll have them up for sale by tomorrow :D

jeremyi said:
Hey, guys. Got the Idyls delivered today. I'll have them up for sale by tomorrow :D

[happydance]

Wondering where you run your business from, is it like a small business building or a big studio apartment or ? Wondering what a shipping container of diapers looks like at your location?! (pictures?)

They're available on the store! Got mine ordered. :)

It says 3-4 bus days, I leave town next Saturday so I do hope they're not late.

I think these look really cute! I have the DC armors(super cute) I'm thinking these are the same diaper different color.
Its so delightfull to see more cute printed diapers being offered. Thanks Jeremy for your investment in our little community!
Gots to gets me some of dees.

I wouldn't mind trying them. I always like a little bit of a change up :L

Agh. I was really, REALLY hoping to be able to try these...but it appears that the shipping cost for me (across the country, in the Midwest) is almost as much as the $62 case of diapers itself.. -_-' Blah.

Damn geography...At the very least, it'll be interesting to check out the reviews I suppose.

shipping a 48ct case of larges to Iowa, the case was $67, the shipping was $33. A lot of places do "cases ship free" but of course they add the cost of shipping to the price of the cases. ($67 for 48 premium diapers sounded cheap 'till shipping hit, which brought it up to expected levels) $100.03 total to my door, that's perfectly doable for a case of new release premium diapers. (and I like to support new releases anyway, we all should)

Dan09 said:
Agh. I was really, REALLY hoping to be able to try these...but it appears that the shipping cost for me (across the country, in the Midwest) is almost as much as the $62 case of diapers itself.. -_-' Blah.

Damn geography...At the very least, it'll be interesting to check out the reviews I suppose.

I believe the most expensive the shipping on a case can get is $31.99, and that's if you're in New York or Maine! For the midwest, your grand total should reach $95-99, which is just a bit more than any other top-notch diapers of that quantity. Bellissimos and Spaces go for a similar price - it comes to about $2 per diaper.

daddysnugglebear said:
I think these look really cute! I have the DC armors(super cute) I'm thinking these are the same diaper different color.
Its so delightfull to see more cute printed diapers being offered. Thanks Jeremy for your investment in our little community!
Gots to gets me some of dees.

Thanks! :biggrin: Yep, these are a similar build as the Amor (same soft materials), just some slightly different dimensions, wider tapes, and added frontal padding.

jeremyi said:
Noted. One concept I was considering - would be a single shade of light pastel blue in the middle region - then a deeper powder blue on the wing region - on the other side of the cloud column. That or the gradient effect just with lighter blues. What do you guys think?

Would you be able to show a demo or art graphic of the proposed designed so we could help visualize it better? Do you have an actual Luvs for Him diaper to compare the right hue? Because some medical supply diapers are also light blue and they just don't look right, maybe too dark and desaturated.
I've always thought it should have the shimmering and glowing effect the Mirror Shield (from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) does when you first obtain it and hold it up.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05/Equipment/MirrorShieldG_Large.png

(And by the way, while Nintendo did change that crescent moon and star logo for later gamecube re-release versions because they didn't want it to look like a religious symbol but the actual logo is not the exact same as the symbol of Islam.)

jeremyi said:

Have you thought about partnering with another company such as ABU? I personally wouldn't mind seeing an anime artwork style image return but for legal reasons it should probably original and not copied from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back