Public changing table

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never even seen a adult size changing table before actually(Well until I saw that photo earlier obviously but that's literally it). I could really use one of those especially if I injure my leg again. Being so huge makes changing in public a nightmare most of the time unless the location has a ADA bathroom.

I wouldn't use a changing table in a public restroom. Who knows how often they would clean those things..

I carry disinfectant with me all the time, so I could just srpay the table and use it. Or put a disposable changing mat on it, if it doesn't make it too slippery.. or actually I would do those both if I had to put my bare butt near a public nakey-butt space XD

But yeah, I like to change myself while standing anyway.

Hello All,

I have yet to use a bathroom with a adult size changing table. But am on the list of those who puts my diaper bag on the child's size one instead of the floor. But if I did use a adult size changing table, like others, I would assume it's not being cleaned regularly and would use one of my washable chucks. It's a cloth absorbent pad that's 30X36 inches. It's plenty big enough to use as a change pad to keep my bare bottom on a clean surface. While I can change standing up, the diaper ends up on better when changing laying down. But thankfully it's very rare I have to change while out. Normally I am home before a change is needed when running any errands. When in the hospital though, I end up having to change standing up as I have at least one room mate and no curtain to pull or anything so have to use the bathroom to change. But yea, would love to have the option though if needed to have a adult changing table to change on.

-Baby Stanley

Aha, now this is a thread to which I can contribute. Recently I have been using baby changing rooms but only certain ones. I live in the UK and I'm guessing most nappy-changing toilets still have those fold-out-the-wall tables - I haven't really checked - but UK Sainsburys stores have fantastic baby-nappy-changing facilities. They don't have fold-out-the-wall tables coz they have something better, they have big reinforced box-tables (like chests-of-drawers with no drawers) (this means they are supported from the ground up) and they are just brilliant. Okay I'm quite wirey so in regards to them I don't have to worry about weight (Of course even I couldn't do one of those fold-out-the-wall tables, I'm 22 for crying out loud, just over six foot and not anorexic!) but I'm confident they could handle someone in their thirties...well someone in their thirties who's of the standard weight for that age group...finally you do have to put your feet in the sink.

Soiling while lying down is a very important thing for me, I'm very much DL but soiling while horizontal is of course very babyish and also something I like doing...I think at the end of the day the only babyish experiences I like to recreate as an adult are authentic nappy usage and other-person changing. Now back to these Sainsbury's toilets...I've found a toilet like this in two of my local stores so I think they might be in all of them (time will tell hey!), usually the entrance door is actually out of the line-of-sight of any one of the people on the tills (well you wouldn't want to get caught...espescially if you're currently the owner of quite a beard and currently look exactly like many a pedofile), I must mention in terms of emergency excuses (not that I've had to use one yet!) at one of the stores the disabeled toilet was closed for repair...I think one could absolutely justify using it if that was the case. I fully ignolege I may get caught - at one of these sainburys I've now done this 4 times in the last 3 months (!!) (and only once at the other one) - yes they may be checking the bin contents at the end of the day and they may be putting two and two together as we speak...all im going to say is until I get blacklistd I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts! bringmesunshine p.s word of warning, these sainsburys nappy-rooms don't contain a toilet...now our 'deposits' are much bigger than those of infants and trust me bagging up and going over to the gents for disposal can feel like you're walking naked through dry twigs behind an audience of 1,000...just grit your teeth and be quick, if you make a big thing of it the universe will probably make sure you run into someone or you'll look ridiculously suspicious. I really recomend you give these toilets a try, if I'm wrong about it being all of them i apolergise, good luck from me...happy nappy-changing-room experiences!

Well I never...

If you'd told me when I first realized I was into this that there would potentially be a public changing room I might be able to use someday, I'd've punched you right in the mouth for telling such a dirty, hurtful, misleading lie. Now I must set my very distant sights on this Sainsbury's you speak of.

LittleMagus said:
Well I never...

If you'd told me when I first realized I was into this that there would potentially be a public changing room I might be able to use someday, I'd've punched you right in the mouth for telling such a dirty, hurtful, misleading lie. Now I must set my very distant sights on this Sainsbury's you speak of.

Steady on, it might not be all of them...however Im definetly hopeful coz two on the trot's gotta mean something!

Also - I can't believe I've not mentioned this yet - but there's this new close-to-home (ha ha) campeign/project called Changing Places, in a fantastic turn up for the books Britain's becoming more like the USA and installing dedicated Adult Changing rooms left right and centre! (they have wall mountd tables that can apperently handle slightly beyond average weights -we're talking people in their mid-thirties not being in danger of breaking anything here!) Yes you may be craving for-infant changing rooms that can acomodate you - I know I still am and I will continue to investigate UK Sainsbury's (see my posts above) - but come on this is really good! One last thing that'll prob's make you dance in delight is this - I've heard that RADAR key access for these changing rooms...insn't required (90 % of the time)! Victory is ours! bringmesunshine

Ahh! I've always wanted to be changed on one of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back