Should minors be in the community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roland007 said:
The law is the law and it takes only one parent to get this site closed. This is regardless of the fact that we write about being a 18+ community. I know webtechnologies are progressing, with a little work, Google, Microsoft or Facebook authentication can be used to logon. One of the things these organizations can do is deny a logon when a person is underaged. This also requires some work on the ADISC site but then you have a real protection against minors.

The question then is, do we want to allow minors access or not?
Users age is already asked when they register and it's enough to protect site admin. There's no reason to add more advanced verification. Nobody wants to join abdl site which requires to use google, facebook etc. authentication even if that info is kept private due to privacy reasons. And young people have age at social media services almost always faked because these social media services have age restrictions too...

Reactions: Charkid
Roland007 said:
I know webtechnologies are progressing, with a little work, Google, Microsoft or Facebook authentication can be used to logon.

No. Just no. If they started tying site logins here with Facebook I would probably have to stop posting because I refuse to use that site for anything. :p

I never quite trusted a site that demanded you use your real name to join. I felt like they were up to something. And in recent times, it's turned out that's -exactly- what they were doing. :p We'll mine your information! Yeah, screw that, too. It was never about 'connecting' with people, it was about connecting with information about people that could be sold to ad agencies/who knows what else.

Google's not much better since they're getting into literally everything.

Let's not drift into unproductive territory. There is no debate about having minors back on ADISC. That is a settled matter, as much as I might wish it could be otherwise. What place they should have in the ABDL world at large is a more useful conversation.

I'm not advocating full integration. I have ABDL accounts that are inappropriate for underage consumption. In the same way that topics here arose with underage members that we couldn't address, I think some things are and should remain adult only. I just don't think that should apply to support of those who need it so desperately and for whom it does the most good.

If there was a sutible-for-work part of the forum and a not-suitable-for-work part of the forum, would this change anyones mind? Minors would only be allowed in the appropriate part.

as someone who was I would say yes but should state their age on profiles

Minors should be kept separate. Too much liability.

Minors, no. Miners, yes.

Someone just told me online there was never a lawsuit on this forum from one of the parents causing Moo to ban all minors as a settlement, is this true? Is it true Moo never got sued by a parent?

Calico said:
Someone just told me online there was never a lawsuit on this forum from one of the parents causing Moo to ban all minors as a settlement, is this true? Is it true Moo never got sued by a parent?

Man, the rumor mill in the ABDL community! I guess Moo is the only one who might say with absolute certainty but it's a ridiculous notion and to the best of my knowledge it never happened.

Trevor said:
Man, the rumor mill in the ABDL community! I guess Moo is the only one who might say with absolute certainty but it's a ridiculous notion and to the best of my knowledge it never happened.

I am hoping to hear from him personally. Only he can say to clear it all up.

Calico said:
I am hoping to hear from him personally. Only he can say to clear it all up.

Although I think it's functionally impossible for there to have been a lawsuit and a judgment all the while we were operating as normal on a not for profit basis, I don't see how it's any of our business. The site remains, we don't serve minors anymore. I think any credible suit would have crushed a site like this, so the fact that we're here tells me it didn't happen. The conspiracy theorists would not be satisfied by Moo's comments anyway, so I don't see why he'd bother to respond.

So people make assumptions if you choose to be silent about something. And if there are rumors floating around an they are untrue, I guess someone wouldn't care to sort it out by defending themselves by correcting everyone to clear the misconception.

Calico said:

you don't wait for a suit to take action to protect yourself.

ORBaby said:
you don't wait for a suit to take action to protect yourself.
Agreed. Would rather not have this great site threatened or possibly shut down when something could have prevented it

I'm in the SFW age regression (or agere) community and we welcome people of all ages as none of it is sexual and things of a sexual nature are not welcome. However, I think the communities that involve kink as part of their community should keep minors out. Minors have no place is NSFW or kink communities.

Like I said, I am an age regressor, which is nothing to do with kink so im really not the best person to ask.

I recently read a story on Instagram and it explained so much as to why minors should not be allowed in the community. I downloaded the images and posted them here for you to read.
40379637_2179207612294475_7757576716083527680_n.jpg40374132_2157521204286652_1682136087645913088_n.jpg40457577_1389572294506772_7707051197554753536_n.jpg40337190_752043915126774_6539530974554750976_n.jpg40464808_542482249540267_4132270374299631616_n.jpg40418457_512366752542835_2106877708628656128_n.jpg40498839_477526689431480_7736990989373407232_n.jpg

I agree with minors not being in kink. But age regression is not a kink and I shudder when people reffer to age regression as a "kink". Like no. Eww. Age regression is a SFW community for all ages. It literally just means "acting younger than yourself". Now you could argue that children are children, so therefore cannot regress. But thats stupid. Children have development stages. If a 12 year old likes to wear diapers and suck a pacifier, that is not normal 12 year old behaviour. It's age regression.

An actual ABDL support "community" would undoubtedly be beneficial to many minors struggling to cope with this strange aspect of their lives, even the sexual aspects, but no such community can realistically exist in our modern state of ignorance. Online communities aren't really communities at all but gathering places for people who have an interest in a specific subject, and there is no way of knowing an individual's motive behind that interest. Many well meaning people take part in these communities to advance understanding, while other well meaning people have a hidden agenda to destroy what they see as a stain on humanity. Then there are those self-serving individuals who exploit others for their personal pleasure, some of whom believe their intentions are innocent. I've always looked at the internet as being a sewer of information. There are valuable nuggets of information there, but also a lot of filth, and there is no known way to clean it up. It appears to be beyond human control.

Brick and mortar ABDL support groups, similar to psychologist-lead group therapy sessions, would be ideal but society isn't ready for that, especially if the tone is one of acceptance rather than cure.

We can't keep minors from visiting this site, and that's a good thing. It gives them an opportunity to learn important things about their 'condition'. Many people here can personally attest to that. For now I guess we just have to be content with that.

Reactions: Charkid
Anyway, from my point of view, admittedly, there are young people who are AB/DL, but for their own safety, they are not allowed to officially join the community until they are 18.
They need to sort themselves out before "coming out" once they are 18.

I also agree that sexually related content, especially a diaper fetish, should not be made openly available to minors. As mentioned though that doesn't apply to everyone, heck based on observation I'm doubtful it applies to more than 25%- if that. The vast majority are diaper LOVERS. It is an ingrained part of who we are regardless of age, and simply isn't based on sexuality at all.

I equally and strongly disagree that support for minors should be forbidden if they are transgendered, gay, OR abdl simply because they haven't hit an arbitrary number for age. Although, I do understand the difficulty of how do you keep the ingrained parts for minors and sexual parts for adults completely seperate. And in a way that is assured to protect those minors while also shielding yourself from any possible litigation. It's a difficult situation, made only worse by all the rampant misinformation about us that's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back