Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting Table Top Minatures

Default Painting Table Top Minatures

Hello everyone!

I am getting into painting table top miniatures lately, the kinds used for table top games, I dont really play the games themselves, However I am finding the painting process to be very enjoyable.

I mostly am using citadel paints, and the Games Workshop models.

Is there anyone else on adisc who enjoys this hobby? any advice from old hands while painting?

I am getting a bit more into the dry brushing part, for highlights although, I do sometimes get a bit over zealous with the paints..

anyone have any cool minis they want to share?

I have done the painting of figurines for my model railroad. It can be fun, but it can also be frustrating.

I know it is backwards from what I would think, but start small and move out.

The big thing is to use fine tipped brushes and be cheap with the paint load, or you will smug the work.

wow thats really neat Egor , I never knew you did train sets and scenery, do you have any pictures???

Wish I had the skills for that as minis are super cool (so are train sets.)

I used to play Battletech but could never paint the minis well enough back then... Seeing people's 40k stuff nowadays is truly seeing works of art.

Quite a while ago I remember talking to a guy that was designing his own game called Gunslave which looked incredible... hope he does it one day, if he does I am definitely going to need some help with mini painting.

a couple shots of my latest model, It would be great to see other's as well Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170502_164404.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	29190

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170502_164423.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	29191

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    wow thats really neat Egor , I never knew you did train sets and scenery, do you have any pictures???
    I do but they are old camera pictures and I have a hard time getting digital on line, so I will not be able to do that.

Side note. They are pictures of my layout that I had before I got married. My Wife was like an airline stewardess when she "helped me" take it down; "Thank you being here don't hurry to come back".

everyone makes sacrifices, I know that some people have some pretty amazing scenes, Did you have a conductor hat? please tell me you did.

My best friend does this. He plays 40 K. He's painted hundreds and I think he is pretty good at it. Pm me and let me know if you have any questions you want me to ask him.

I most certainly will send you a PM, do you know which models he likes to paint the most? or which paints he uses? I'd love to start doing terrain, which is why I had hoped egor had some pictures of his train set up

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    I most certainly will send you a PM, do you know which models he likes to paint the most? or which paints he uses? I'd love to start doing terrain, which is why I had hoped egor had some pictures of his train set up
    Well...no, but I will ask him. He paints races in 40 K. I know he has painted space marines and he uses magnifying glass and several lights, both on stands, so he can see them clearly (no shadows).