Not open for further replies.

Snaps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Hello ADISC.

My goodness it's been a while. My last post was 21-Dec-2014.

A lot of you won't have ever seen me before, and would have never heard of me. I was pretty active on this site as a teenager, when I was full of hormones, and working out who I was a person. Truth be told, I'm still working out who I am.

I want to share a little bit of my story of "Growing Up".

This site was really important to me when I was younger. I met people who felt the same way I did, and I didn't have to feel so alone in the world. Those friends I made became people I could tell anything to, and be myself around. It's interesting to look back on all the friends I had back then, and see who I still have in my life today. There have been plenty of people i've stopped talking to, or faded away from, and thats okay. Some friendships fade over time, and thats a part of life.

The friendships I still have today are some of the strongest i've ever had.

Earlier this year, I made my first trip to the USA, and for the first time got to meet my friends. It was such a surreal experience, and for the first week it honestly felt like a dream. These people i'd met on ADISC all those years ago were real and they were here, with me, halfway around the globe from my home.

Online friendships, I feel, still have quite a stigma, and I feel a little embarrassed admitting to "Normal" people that I've made friends online and haven't ever met them in the real world. But, having met these people I call my friends, I feel like the friendship is more legitimate and real.

It's been a few years since i've "needed" this site and the community it contains, and i'm happy to say that I don't NEED this community today. I still enjoy padding on the occasion, and still hold some AB/DL interests, but it's no longer something I struggle with, nor something that is an unhealthy obsession (Which I feel it got to at one stage). I'm glad that I got to grow up with this site being a part of it for a little while.

This could have almost been a blog post, and it's pretty much just me rambling on. Sorry about that :p

What I'm trying to say with this post is thanks ADISC for allowing me to meet these amazing people I call my friends, and without you I wouldn't be the same person I am today!

For anyone that reads this, don't be afraid to make friends online (WHILE BEING SAFE ABOUT WHO YOU TALK TO!) The people I've met via the internet have been some of the best friendships I've ever had, and although the distance between us SUCKS, it's completely worth it <3

ADISC, I want to read your stories of growing up, and becoming an adult.
Tell me about meeting your friends you made online for the first time, and how you are now?
Are there still any ADISC Veterans who I remember?
Got any Questions for me?

Thank You~

Snaps.

Hey buddy, remember your username matey but I am not a veteran!

Lovely to hear of your fabulous experiences with your friends in the US!

I can totally relate with this, some online friends who ive later met in person have become, and remained great friends, one friendship saw me move across the state and turned into a 4 year awesome relationship too!
And people say online friends arent "real", well you just never know until you meet them :)

I've met a number of really great people due to ADISC and a few that I'm very close to. I've travelled and received travellers because of ADISC. It required effort to cultivate those relationships but this place allowed the circumstances for this cultivation, and for that I will always be grateful.

Nice to see you again, Snaps ;)

Argent said:
Hey buddy, remember your username matey but I am not a veteran!

Lovely to hear of your fabulous experiences with your friends in the US!

I remember you too, Mr 100! #Straya. It really was an amazing trip. Meeting the 4 friends I did was... amazing.

starpup said:
And people say online friends arent "real", well you just never know until you meet them :)

It's very true. For the first few days, both my friend and I kept reassuring each other that we were actually there. I would look over as we were walking, and i'd just smile, because here was this person, who I love to pieces and who I call one of my best friends. We went 6 years without meeting, and seeing him waiting at the airport for me was a moment i'll never forget. Thank you for your reply :)

Trevor said:
It required effort to cultivate those relationships but this place allowed the circumstances for this cultivation, and for that I will always be grateful.

Nice to see you again, Snaps ;)

Couldn't have said it better. Nice to see you too Trevor. :)

Haha hey Snaps, it's always awesome to see names pop up that have been awol for a long time. It's awesome that you've had the opportunity to meet your friends in the US. thanks for dropping by👍

ozbub said:
Haha hey Snaps, it's always awesome to see names pop up that have been awol for a long time. It's awesome that you've had the opportunity to meet your friends in the US. thanks for dropping by&#55357;&#56397;

Hey Mate! You're another familiar name~ Glad you enjoyed the read :)

Something like that. My online friends are better than any friends I ever had in so called real life.

ShippoFox said:
Something like that. My online friends are better than any friends I ever had in so called real life.

I think the friends I made via the internet see a very different side of me, than my usual friends. But, I love both groups the same.

Thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back