Ever had to use duct tape to hold a daipers on?

depends4me said:
On the first cloth Tena diapers (USA) the tapes would consistently tear off the wings, so I always added a staple. I use duct tape occasionally on better brands when the sticky part wears out. I typically wear a tight brief over my diaper which helps maintain its form, else the tapes can slide quite a bit. If I go commando, duct tape also helps prevent sliding. It's also important when you accidentally pierce the diaper's backing. I keep a roll at home and a mini roll in my car.

Omg the old tena were horrible. Even fitted loosely the tabs would pull off 🤣

This is surprisingly common unfortunately, it is a bit naughty and sometimes arousing to know that once you put some ducttape on the diaper you cna't take it off (Unless you slide it down, which I've gotten good at the art of doing so) Tabs on adult diapers are just a bit crappy lol.

Reactions: jonny77
I must have astounding luck. I rarely run into this issue regardless of the brand I use

ykdprdave said:
Omg the old tena were horrible. Even fitted loosely the tabs would pull off 🤣

And the padding always clumped, too. I'd remove the Tena and it would all slide to the front or back. No duct tape's gonna fix that!

depends4me said:
And the padding always clumped, too. I'd remove the Tena and it would all slide to the front or back. No duct tape's gonna fix that!

Haha yassssss I remember tena back in ~2006 being exactly that. Tapes literally fall off and the padding would clump up even when it wasnt wet 🤣

I’ll admit I use tena from time to time when I’m working away from home and my stash runs out. They are definitely better but I still hate how cloth backed diapers stretch and sag so much

I like my diapers pretty snug, and always use duct tape over the lower pair of tapes. I like the feeling of being able to run around and do cartwheels without the plastic stretching or tearing or the diaper tapes unsticking. :D

I think the old PE-backed Tender diapers are the only ones that never needed duct tape. They were great. Thick, un-stretchable plastic and tapes that never shifted a millimetre. And less than half the price of any other brand.

Occasionally I have to use tape of some kind, but if I do theres a 99.99% guarantee I messed up somehow (either because my hands have powder or ointment/cream or if I try to redo a tape several times and it starts folding in on itself)

The worst thing for me is when I'm planning on using an ABU Kiddo and mess one side up so bad its unusable (since you only have 1 Tape per side, so if you rip one side that's it)

I got the white duct tape and have used it a few times.

I use ice hockey sock tape to reinforce diaper tapes. Sock tape is great as its clear/translucent, and has some stretch to it. I use just enough to do the tapes - splay fingers on my left hand out, and stick tape between pointer and pinkie fingers (about 8” or so?).

Tape from about three inches on the back shell, across the tape itself, and pull it onto the front shell The diaper tape underneat should go slightly slack, as the reinforcing tape is taking up the strain. Then vigorously rub the sock tape down so that it pretty much disappears.

Youll need to cut the sock tape at the diaper tapes when removing your diaper.

• Thinking
I rarely need to use something to replace or reinforce a diaper tape but if needed, I usually use clear packing tape. It's cheaper than duct tape and is just as good. I think packing tape is better for this application because it is strong but not too strong. Duct tape is too strong for my liking for this application.

Look at your hardware store or big box store for colored duct tape. besides the patterns posted abouve, they also have white duct tape, and that works really well for diapers without ruining the look that grey duct tape will. Packing tape doesn't seem to work as well and any wrinkles will be really sharp on your hands if you're sleeping in a diaper.

Not by real need usually but more like a some kind of bondage to make sure I won't rip or take off a good diaper, I found some white duct tape at my dollar store, works really well and dirty cheap. Wrap it around the tabs making sure its nice and tight and you're trapped for a full diaper night, scissors always not too far just in case.

I now use Renfrew Clear Hockey Tape as its an easier roll to handle, quieter then duct tape going on and more cost and you can keep a roll in your pocket if you just carry a single diaper in to the bathroom to change.

I have used gorilla tape a few times when I pulled the tab a bit too hard and it ripped off. hey it works, so I won't knock it.

trysexiea said:
Have to use duck tape in Diaper is very a design flaw, this don't should be exist in the premium Diaper.
That's why I like hybrid diapers that are plastic backed and have a hook and loop fastening system. The tapes can be taken on and off and will never lose their stickyness

Reactions: trysexiea
Yes once in a while I'll accidentally rip the tape off trying to secure it on tightly. This has happened with NorthShore Supreme Lites and Crinklz so far

I use duct tape when the tabs fail because I cannot waste a diaper.

Sheepies said:
Yes once in a while I'll accidentally rip the tape off trying to secure it on tightly. This has happened with NorthShore Supreme Lites and Crinklz so far

Although I keep wanting my diapers to fit "more snugly", pretty much every time I tape them that way I end up regretting it for some reason or other. Either it's too tight and is uncomfortable, or the tapes break.

So I try to exercise some restraint and just go for "snug, but comfy". Diapers are a lot less enjoyable if they're not comfortable over the long-term, and I want to make them as enjoyable as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheepies
Sometimes packing tape for a really tight non tamper proof fit. Someone a while ago said use diaper pins on those pesky tapes that don't stick. This works really well and has the cute factor too.

I have used duct tape and the patterned Duck tapes when I had tape failures. I have had tape failures on various diapers including premium ones. Duct tape is a the handy repair tape for this occasion.

Back