Ever had to use duct tape to hold a daipers on?

ScarletRoseRapier

Unidentified Shapeshifter
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
As bad luck for me goes my tabs sometimes rip off my daipers so instead of throwing it away I just secure it with either duct tape or gorilla tape. It's a bit naughty knowing that it can't be taken off by means besides cutting it off. Does anyone else do this?

Reactions: jonny77, Seasonedcitizen and CLPP
I have to constantly, except with rearz, tena or betterdry.
Forsite, abu and forma-care i must use duct tape

Instead of duck tape, I actually use staples. Usually the diaper shell is strong enough (even Crinklz), I just staple upside down so the points are on the outside and it works perfectly. You can't even tell there are staples in it holding the tapes on

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I have used clear packing tape.

I’ve used duct tape a few times when I had tapes wearing out or with poor adhesive before. I’ve also used duct tape to create landing zones for diapers without them, such as the Abena M4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony and CLPP
I've often used gaffa tape on my crinklz nappies on over night wears. Because a much as I love the crinklz brand, the tapes always fail on me at some point over the night. =c

Though I'd recommend actually using just regular sellotape over any cloth tape. It sticks well enough to not have the tapes fail and is a lot easier to remove when come to changing time. It also won't ruin the look of your nappy with two huge, disgusting, black stripes of tape.

If you do an internet search for Patterned Duck or Duct tape you will be very surprised at all the different designs available. If i have a problem with any nappy/diaper tapes i just use some duct tape from my stock of patterns.
Some of the many patterns available.

s-l300.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Diaperlover383726, theancientmariner and Topazz
I try not to use diapers that consistently need reinforcement. Crinklz are about as close as I will get and it seems like the newer ones have more reliable tapes. That said, i carry duct tape in my change bag. It's good to be prepared.

Reactions: ScarletRoseRapier and Topazz
sissybaby34 said:
If you do an internet search for Patterned Duck or Duct tape you will be very surprised at all the different designs available. If i have a problem with any nappy/diaper tapes i just use some duct tape from my stock of patterns.
Some of the many patterns available.

View attachment 33808
Ooooo, these look pretty cool actually.😲

I'm a big guy and on the edge of still fitting in a lot of diapers. I am fat and muscular. I am also active big guy. I train for Strongman Comps. I usually duct tape over the diaper tapes. I do fold the tape back a half inch on the front creating a tab to pull off when it's time to change.

Have to use duck tape in Diaper is very a design flaw, this don't should be exist in the premium Diaper.

I’ve done it in the past, it’s definitely not a regular occurance, just with rearz diapers 🙄

Reactions: jonny77
I had to use duct tape exactly once to hold my diaper in place. It was when I was just starting out, I had just ordered my first batch of diapers from ABU but there was a delay in shipping so I decided to buy some store-brought brands as a place holder... the place-holder failed :cry: I had taped down literally 3 of the 4 tabs and on the fourth, I barely even tugged it and it ripped cleanly off, took some of the back padding with it, poor craftsmanship :cautious: Anyways, I used duct tape in place of the missing tab and it held alright :)

I have never had a missing tape problem with any of the AB/DL brands I've ordered, but just in case I do, I always keep a roll of duct tape in the apartment ;)

I've used duct tape before. The only thing I don't like is it's so loud. Undoing a roll of duct tape at night is louder then trying to open ip a candy wrapper in a movie theatre.

I have done it before when my tapes have worn out. It is rare for me, but when it does happen the tape goes around my entire body so I have to use the diaper because I know that I will not be able to put it back on if it comes off.

When I was younger, 11-13. The disposables that I found were not large enough in length, so I would duct tape 2 of them together to make one big diaper. The waist was ok. So I had this diaper with a gray racing stripe across the but. I didn't care though... I was padded.

I’ve used betterdry nappies almost daily for about 3 years. I’ve used duct tape perhaps 3 times. A tape failure is inevitable. The duct tape is always at hand even though the tapes give you a second chance.

no need for duct tape on North Shore Magamax they have the best taping system ever.

I've never used duct tape because it would take away from the look but on many occasions I have used clear packing tape. I do like the idea of making a tab that someone commented on. Never thought of doing that. I'll have to try it the next time I do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckyBear
On the first cloth Tena diapers (USA) the tapes would consistently tear off the wings, so I always added a staple. I use duct tape occasionally on better brands when the sticky part wears out. I typically wear a tight brief over my diaper which helps maintain its form, else the tapes can slide quite a bit. If I go commando, duct tape also helps prevent sliding. It's also important when you accidentally pierce the diaper's backing. I keep a roll at home and a mini roll in my car.

Back