Why depends suck a**

Austen00

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ok so when I lived at home I would get depends from the city Walmart and drive home wearing one well before I bought plastic pants I was wearing a depends and wet all over my brand new to me car totally not a mustang with nice leather seats so I had to clean up my piss at a gas station and then I bought some plastic pants off Etsy and started using medical brands

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and Tigondegra
One thing to remember is all depends are made for light incontinence and not for the normal larger voids of a healthy individual. If you start to think about the market that they are intended for, then you realize they aren't total crap, just not made for what most of us want. I still don't recommend them often, and wish they would stop being promoted as the standard for caring for incontinence issues. I do actually keep a case of the plastic backed briefs at home though, because in certain circumstances putting on more robust diapers don't make sense, and I get that hour or two of protection without worrying about leaking. They can usually handle two of my bigger voids without issue, but remember that my voids are smaller and not flooding.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Invest into better diapers such as Dry24/7s, North Shore care is the best diapers I've ever worn other than Molicare.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
You RARELY find anything decent in normal stores. Even medical supply shops tend to be a little better - but still not great.
I personally use mostly cloth - but do keep a few from ABU around.
Bottom line - "medical" diapers in general (may be a few exceptions) don't seem to be that great - AB/DL diapers in general (again some exceptions) actually are decent.
And that is an assessment from someone with low-income, and life-long ic issues...

To be honest and fair.
Yes, I agree they are not the best.
But they cost like .66 cents per diaper.
How well do you really expect a 66 cent diaper to hold up, lol.

M4s on the other hand cost me about $1.09 per diaper on avg (the prices go up n down).
Not a huge jump in price, but they are night and day in quality and absorbentcy.

The old saying holds true, You get what you pay for.

Reactions: KrankyPants and Deleted member 57387
MandyBear said:
To be honest and fair.
Yes, I agree they are not the best.
But they cost like .66 cents per diaper.
How well do you really expect a 66 cent diaper to hold up, lol.

M4s on the other hand cost me about $1.09 per diaper on avg (the prices go up n down).
Not a huge jump in price, but they are night and day in quality and absorbentcy.

The old saying holds true, You get what you pay for.
That is why cloth most of the time - a lot of an initial investment (although one at a time is not that bad - do that several times...) I do just use "night-time" ones all the time - but if you really don't need it, "daytime" is a little less expensive. Either way - in the long-run, it saves a LOT.
The ABUs I use mainly when out most of the day, if in the hospital, ex. And not needing a bunch every time (because of the cloth ones) not really that bad.

One Kleenex tissue can obsorb more than the best product Depends has ever marketed for incontinence.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, blaincorrous, neophyte and 2 others
Tundra1975 said:
One Kleenex tissue can obsorb more than the best product Depends has ever marketed for incontinence.
My goddamn makeshift swiffer sweeper pad and grocery bag diapers couldn’t absorb more

Last edited:
Depends are fine for someone with stress ic where a sneeze causes about 1 - 2 ounces of pee to escape at a time or the same result is experienced bending over. But, for someone that actually is ic, or otherwise (like me) just enjoys peeing a lot into a diaper, most store brands will not do. My first 2 packages of diapers were Depends until, after searching the internet, I discovered several pull-ups that are much, much better.

All the above it true; but they label the Depends as HEAVY or MAXIMUM. I have tried a few of their products and was always disappointed. How the heck is it that a childs pull up performs better and is more discrete than a pull up designed for an adult.

TBH I trust Pampers Swaddler size 7 is more than Depends; I've NEVER leaked in one (I only wet them sitting or standing)

DanielW said:
Swiffer cloths are made to attract dirt/dust and do their best NOT to absorb water. You would be better off using paper towels than depends or those.
Ok where was this website when I was 12 also thanks for the suggestion I had to wear my swiffer pad “diapers” in the shower because they would leak on the floor

Try a much better Medical or AB/DL diaper

Back