Who was a diapered bedwetter as a child?

I never got the pleasure of wearing a nice cozy diaper when I wet the bed but I would sometimes just sleep on a towel..

I dont understand my mothers reasoning behind that -_-

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I never really wet the bed after I was potty trained, but I wore Goodnites when I was 4ish because I wasn't fully potty trained by then. I was fully potty trained when I was about 4 and a half.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I was diapered every night until I stopped at 14

Reactions: Lyric and DiaperedBedwetter1998
I was a nightly bedwetter until I was about 9. My dad had bought some pullups and I hated them at first but I ended up liking them! I was sad when I had to stop wearing them because I had finally stopped bedwetting. I always liked diapers after that, even during the 10 year stint where I "hated" them I still wanted to wear them, and now I pad up whenever I can!

Reactions: Lewis Badger, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Lyric
Diaperedred93 said:
I was a bedwetter up until I was about 14 years old. I was never allowed to wear diapers because my parents just thought I was to lazy to get up and pee at night. I really wish I could have spent those years diapered. How many of yall had the advantage of being diapered at night?
My mom was just the opposite. Bedwetters belonged in diapers. 4 boys and I was the only bedwetter and yes at 14 every night I went to sleep feeling like a toddler in my thickpin on diapers and plastic pants. Felt like even more of a toddler waking up in a soaked diaper every morning. My one older and two younger brothers had a lot of fun with this

Reactions: SacredHourglass, Hunter185, Lyric and 1 other person
ballyhooser said:
My mom was just the opposite. Bedwetters belonged in diapers. 4 boys and I was the only bedwetter and yes at 14 every night I went to sleep feeling like a toddler in my thickpin on diapers and plastic pants. Felt like even more of a toddler waking up in a soaked diaper every morning. My one older and two younger brothers had a lot of fun with this
Yes it sure is not suprice about that they have there moments of giggling.

With the aid of some recently rediscovered family photos it’s time for me to update my story and recollections.

Although I had thought I was out of night nappies aged 3 (because that’s when my last memory of wearing was and because I was 4 1/2 when the DL thing struck), it turns out that I was still in night nappies until past my fourth birthday.

Over Christmas my parents got out some photo albums which had some photos that I had not recalled seeing before. Some were from the holiday that we were on when it was my fourth birthday (there are pictures of the little party we had for it).

There is a picture of me sitting on a sofa with my (then) baby sister one evening before bed. I’m wearing pyjamas, and the nappy bulge is unmistakable. There’s even a bit of white plastic poking out.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing as I have lots of other memories (including memories of the holiday) but no memories at all of wearing nappies to bed that late.

So I guess I can be added to the list of those who were in nappies for bed wetting!

Reactions: kjluvs and Lewis Badger
ballyhooser said:
Did your mom diaper you, or were you allowed to put diapers on by yourself? One would think that having your mom actively involved might have made the teasing worse ... or that your mom might have put a stop to it had she felt you had no control over your bedwetting.

I never wet the bed, so I never experienced parental attitudes on this topic. I was very stressed while in grad school and wet once when I was 23. My fiancée told me she was going to put me to bed in toddler-sized Pampers after our wedding, which was music to my ears.

sbmccue said:
Did your mom diaper you, or were you allowed to put diapers on by yourself? One would think that having your mom actively involved might have made the teasing worse ... or that your mom might have put a stop to it had she felt you had no control over your bedwetting.

I never wet the bed, so I never experienced parental attitudes on this topic. I was very stressed while in grad school and wet once when I was 23. My fiancée told me she was going to put me to bed in toddler-sized Pampers after our wedding, which was music to my ears.
My mom finally let me put my diapers on myself when I was 13. i think my mom thought two things. One wearing diapers as a teenager would be a motivator to stop. Didn’t help that the pediatrician We went to said I’d outgrow the bedwetting. I don’t think she felt it was my fault per say but that some motivations “to grow” might help. I also think this is why she treated my brothers reactions as maybe motivators as well. She would tell them to knock it off when she overheard them but once after a babysitter helped diaper me for bed at age 9 or 10 I complained to my mom that my older brother watched the process and teased me about it. My mom said to me, and I’ll never forget it, well if I didn’t wet the bed they wouldn’t have anything to tease me about. Anyway at about 11 I tried to pin my diapers on but didn’t get them on snug enough and just didn’t tuck the plastic pants in well around my legs or waist correctly which caused leaks and my mom really didn’t like it when the sheets got wet. Even when I was 14 she would be sticking her fingers in my waist line to tuck my plastic pants in correctly. I was in my early 30s when I visited my third urologist that didn’t prescribe medications for my bedwetting and daytime leaking issues, he did a through urodynamic study and low and behold I have a neurogenic bladder, probably since birth. As the dr. Put it my bladder reacts like a babies in that the brain and bladder connections are screwed up. I never had a chance of outgrowing my bedwetting or controlling having to find a bathroom 15+ times a day and leaking besides. The urologist said they could do surgery which might help the situation. Surgery in my life has had mostly negative success so I decided not to explore a surgery that “might” help. Anyway because of wearing to bed into my teens had made me a DL anyway so wearing at night has always been a comfort to me and now is always exciting waking up in a soaked diaper. During the day I wear good disposables and enjoy feeling my diaper getting full usually not knowing when it will come. I just feel the pee dribbling into my diaper. At this point I don’t really want to stop uncontrolled wetting. I do have to be careful though because when I don’t have a diaper on for a few minutes I will often dribble.

Reactions: SacredHourglass, Lewis Badger, GoodnitesXL21 and 1 other person
I wasn't diapered or a bedwetter as a child, so I ma making up for it in my adult childhood

bedwetter bobby said:
Staydry Panties were sold mostly by mail order, They were advertised in magazines such as Good Housekeeping from the 50's to maybe 70's.
It was for " Children who forget at night , Not a Diaper, Protect your child from wet beds," etc.
It was an all in one diaper and plastic pant. Opened like a snap on pant but had tape ties instead of snaps.
I do mainstream sewing, but a pet project of mine has been to create an updated version of these -- making them look and feel like the originals but using modern materials and preventing the side leaks. I have one completed prototype done with 3 or 4 changes to make on the next one.

Do you happen to remember if the fold-in absorbency on your Staydrys were birdseye or flannel?

KnappFlannel said:
I do mainstream sewing, but a pet project of mine has been to create an updated version of these -- making them look and feel like the originals but using modern materials and preventing the side leaks. I have one completed prototype done with 3 or 4 changes to make on the next one.

Do you happen to remember if the fold-in absorbency on your Staydrys were birdseye or flannel?
They were flannel inserts during the 50's and 60's.

Reactions: KnappFlannel
Great thanks for letting me know! I think there were a few variations throughout the years.

I wet the bed on occasion when I was a kid, but my mom believed "diapers are for babies." I also had many daytime accidents throughout childhood, including at school. Around age 5, I started wearing diapers on my own and took them from my cousins or friends siblings or bought them at the store at a relatively young age.

Diaperedred93 said:
I was a bedwetter up until I was about 14 years old. I was never allowed to wear diapers because my parents just thought I was to lazy to get up and pee at night. I really wish I could have spent those years diapered. How many of yall had the advantage of being diapered at night?
i started weting the bed at night in my sleep then at age 15 it was 24/7 weting an still do at age 60 found out i have muscle damage to my Bladder and i'm under a Docter's care now

• Thinking
Reactions: Lyric, Jim100 and BobbiSueEllen
i started weting the bed at age 10 in my sleep then at age 15 it was 24/7 and i still am weting found out i have muscle damage to my Bladder an my Docter tell's me i well be wearing for life :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I wet the bed most nights as a kid until I was in the 4th grade and grew out of it. For a while, I got the old plastic backed disposable diapers, until I outgrew them. After I was too big for baby diapers, I got a mattress protector and a towel on the bed... that wasn't much fun at all. I guess I developed my obsession with diapers around that time, because I wanted to wear them again so much. One time, my dad got angry at me for wetting when I had been dry for a few weeks, so he bought an all-in-one cloth diaper with snaps on it, but that got taken away pretty quickly. Sadly, I never got Pull-ups, and I recall being intensely jealous of my cousins who got to use diapers and training pants at night.

Reactions: Rezzu and BobbiSueEllen
I was a very deep sleeper as a kid and I didn’t have the best control even during the day. To keep the bed dry my mother would usually put a diaper on me when I was asleep or too tired to remember and then change me in the early morning before I woke up. According to my parents (and my sister) this went on until I was nine or ten.

I wore Pampers back then because products like Goodnites did not exist yet. They fit and worked on me because I was very small for my age due to an extremely premature birth. The bed would usually (almost always) be wet if I was allowed to sleep without a diaper. Aside from the occasional dry night I would wet the diaper just about nightly (according to all of my relatives).

I think I would be dry about once a month at age eight, once or twice a week at age nine, and a bit more by age ten. Starting at age eight my mother would sometimes wake me up around 5 AM to use the toilet. This would no doubt happen when she checked the Pamper and found it to still be dry. If I went back to sleep at this point I would usually still be dry at 7 AM.

Sometime after age ten my parents bought me a new mattress and a new box spring, the diapers came off, and a mattress protector was put on. I was also given a night light because I was afraid of the dark. By then I usually woke up dry and sometimes got up during the night to use the toilet. I guess the rest of the time the mattress protector must have worked because the mattress on that bed is still the same one and the last time I visited (over a decade ago) I didn’t notice any smell.

Reactions: BigKid25, Lewis Badger and BobbiSueEllen
Well... I didn't wet the bed as a kid but IC issues started at 12. I started having issues day and night on and off for those years so yes, I was diapered

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I wet my bed until I was 17 and my mother diapered me every night. I'd wake up each morning and my diapers were always wet, even when I was an older teen. That was in the 50's to early 60's and we only had cloth diapers so my mother pinned my diaper on each night and in the morning would take my take my rubber pants off and unpin my wet diapers, clean me and help me get ready for school. I'd ask her to let me diaper myself but she insisted on her doing it, telling me I might hurt myself trying to pin my diapers on correctly. She didn't trust me to do i t properly, and anyway, by the time I was 12 or 13 I was getting becoming aroused and would have an erection as she cleaned my privates, powdered me and pinned my diapers on. At first I would play with myself after she left not exactly knowing what I was doing, but it was so pleasurable I kept it up until I ejaculated. i thought I was doing something wrong, but at the same time it felt so good I continued and would do it again in the morning when I woke up and had an erection again. It felt even more intense under my soggy diaper. One morning my mother caught me, saw my cum on my diaper as she took them off, and asked me if I had been touching myself. I felt embarrassed or ashamed and started to cry, afraid I was going to be punished. But instead she comforted me, explained what I was doing was called masturbation and that for most boys and girls, masturbation was their first sexual experience and nothing to be ashamed or scared of but just a normal part of growing up. After that I continued to wet my be and my mom continued to diaper me, finally telling me I needed to potty train completely before I left home for college. It took a year so more but I finally did stop wetting my bed, but by then diapers and sexual gratification had become ingrained in my psyche and sexual identity. So once I left home for good I continued to indulge myself whenever I could.

Last edited:
Reactions: SacredHourglass and wiliawi
Back