Who was a diapered bedwetter as a child?

I wet the bed nightly until I was almost 13. Wore pin-on cloth diapers and pull-over plastic pants, had the plastic mattress cover, etc. My brother, two years younger, also was a diapered bedwetter until he was 14. We were never punished or humiliated or harassed about it. Bedwetting runs strongly in my family, and it was just accepted as a normal possibility. Diapers to bed was just a way to manage containment until dryness happened. Just before I turned 13 I started having more and more dry mornings, and honestly I was a bit depressed about it. I knew somehow that I wouldn't wet the bed forever and that eventually I'd dry up and not wear diapers anymore, but I had already realized that I loved wetting the bed and wearing diapers for it. I was never smart enough (like some of you!) to wet the bed on purpose to get my diapers back, though I wonder if I had thought of that would I have done it. I think I might have, and I think it might have been successful given how my brother was diapered until he got dry at 14 and no one thought anything of it. I still had rare accidents (like 3-4 times a year) through high school, and every time it happened I was so hopeful that it meant that I was starting to wet the bed more regularly again and would get my diapers back. But then it was always followed by another dry morning and I'd be so disappointed. Never lost the plastic sheet on my bed. I was in a car wreck in college that resulted in no injuries at all except I started wetting the bed again. And I was so happy! It was like a dear old friend returning. Happily wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night since then and love waking up wet.

• Love
Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan, Lyric, wetaccident and 5 others
jaredc3 said:
I wet the bed nightly until I was almost 13. Wore pin-on cloth diapers and pull-over plastic pants, had the plastic mattress cover, etc. My brother, two years younger, also was a diapered bedwetter until he was 14. We were never punished or humiliated or harassed about it. Bedwetting runs strongly in my family, and it was just accepted as a normal possibility. Diapers to bed was just a way to manage containment until dryness happened. Just before I turned 13 I started having more and more dry mornings, and honestly I was a bit depressed about it. I knew somehow that I wouldn't wet the bed forever and that eventually I'd dry up and not wear diapers anymore, but I had already realized that I loved wetting the bed and wearing diapers for it. I was never smart enough (like some of you!) to wet the bed on purpose to get my diapers back, though I wonder if I had thought of that would I have done it. I think I might have, and I think it might have been successful given how my brother was diapered until he got dry at 14 and no one thought anything of it. I still had rare accidents (like 3-4 times a year) through high school, and every time it happened I was so hopeful that it meant that I was starting to wet the bed more regularly again and would get my diapers back. But then it was always followed by another dry morning and I'd be so disappointed. Never lost the plastic sheet on my bed. I was in a car wreck in college that resulted in no injuries at all except I started wetting the bed again. And I was so happy! It was like a dear old friend returning. Happily wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night since then and love waking up wet.
I was so happy when my bedwetting came back as you say it is like having an old friend back. Some of us are just meant to be bedwetters.

Reactions: WBxx, jaredc3, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Diaperedred93 said:
I was a bedwetter up until I was about 14 years old. I was never allowed to wear diapers because my parents just thought I was to lazy to get up and pee at night. I really wish I could have spent those years diapered. How many of yall had the advantage of being diapered at night?
I was born with a defective bladder @birth. I've been bladder incontinent all of my life. I've never not been diapered at night, and i spent my entire school years in either pull ups or incontinence briefs. I never actually felt being diapered 24/7 as an advantage. the situation actually phgchologically scared me. I was mocked and bulled continually at school, and for the first 20 years of my life i struggled to form any kind of relationship, even friendship! I embraced Diapers from age 20, largely cause i was exhausted from constantly feeling shame & guilt! I now no longer feel guilt & enjoy being Diapered. So i really do get when you say "I really wish i could have spent those early years diapered". All i can say is from my perspective you where actually spared a lot of pain that accompanies being diapered 24/7 as a child/teen! That said I'm glad you are a Diaper Lover now, and wish you Uber fun and happiness within the DL community/lifestyle! :) ;)(y)

• Love
Reactions: antte91, Luvshugs, LittleRascal and 2 others
NaughtyBoiNathan said:
I was born with a defective bladder @birth. I've been bladder incontinent all of my life. I've never not been diapered at night, and i spent my entire school years in either pull ups or incontinence briefs. I never actually felt being diapered 24/7 as an advantage. the situation actually phgchologically scared me. I was mocked and bulled continually at school, and for the first 20 years of my life i struggled to form any kind of relationship, even friendship! I embraced Diapers from age 20, largely cause i was exhausted from constantly feeling shame & guilt! I now no longer feel guilt & enjoy being Diapered. So i really do get when you say "I really wish i could have spent those early years diapered". All i can say is from my perspective you where actually spared a lot of pain that accompanies being diapered 24/7 as a child/teen! That said I'm glad you are a Diaper Lover now, and wish you Uber fun and happiness within the DL community/lifestyle! :) ;)(y)

Attachments

• AB14F481-CE46-4060-A733-3261514E069F.jpeg
    AB14F481-CE46-4060-A733-3261514E069F.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I wasn't but can remember considering starting to deliberately wet the bed in the hope I'd be put back into nappies, but I never had the nerve/would have been too embarrassed.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Sometimes diapered during childhood ( until 10-11 years old) during night, precautionary measure, when I had cold, ill or I was tired.With disposable diaper or pads and plastic pants. Sometimes I woke in a morning with diaper used during night.
It was normal thing for me then and it is normal thing for me now.

• Love
Reactions: Luvshugs, BobbiSueEllen, antte91 and 1 other person
other then a couple of wet years from about 19 to 21, I have spent the rest of my life in night nappies.

I am now back in full time day cloth nappies and I have never, ever been happier.

• Love
Reactions: Luvshugs, BobbiSueEllen and NaughtyBoiNathan
I was an un-diapered bedwetter as a child. The nappies were taken away when I was 3 and I just woke up wet every morning. I don’t think I ever had a good nght’s sleep. When I was 10 I asked my mother for nappies but was turned down flat. The day I left home and started making my own nappies was brilliant.

• Love
Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan, wetaccident, Luvshugs and 1 other person
jaredc3 said:
I wet the bed nightly until I was almost 13. Wore pin-on cloth diapers and pull-over plastic pants, had the plastic mattress cover, etc. My brother, two years younger, also was a diapered bedwetter until he was 14. We were never punished or humiliated or harassed about it. Bedwetting runs strongly in my family, and it was just accepted as a normal possibility. Diapers to bed was just a way to manage containment until dryness happened. JHappily wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night since then and love waking up wet.
Similar to me. About age 12 I was dry at night and the plastic mattress cover was taken off and no more training underwear / diapers / pp. In college it all came back, and I readily wore full snap on diapers and plastic underpants based on my earlier training to be dry at night using protection. By age 22 - 23 my enuresis began to disappear again but at age 28 I just stated to wear training underwear and pp again to handle the 3 - 4 times per year I wet a bit at night.

Oddly now in the past 2 years my typical 3 - 4 nights per year of some nighttime wetting has become already this year about 10x. My training underwear is getting a bit more wet not only in the front but now a bit more in the back. Thankfully my plastic underpants still contain it and I have always used a plastic mattress cover as a backup; my protection and mattress cover make my wife glad I accept this even though I am 50+ now.

I recently asked my doctor about being a moderate bed wetter up to age 10-12 and then being mostly OK for many years but then does it all return as if you are 8 years old again when you are 50 instead of the typical 70 or 80- years old. He was taken aback a bit since I had not mentioned this in my previous 20 years of seeing him, but he did state he knew of no lab results / studies to indicate this, but it may be logical to assume this. He asked my about trying medication, but I told him I had a session of this when I was younger and the side-affects were worse than wearing protection. He said then he hoped I still felt that way as adult diapers were the other option (I did not mention I had been wearing training underwear / pp for the past 20+ years, lol).

Reactions: Teddy02, NaughtyBoiNathan and jaredc3
Back